The dreaded bathing suit try on....

dpiglet

Cathlete
I feel so discouraged today. Will I ever be able to try one of those horrible things on and not cringe?? I go to the beach in three weeks and decided to treat myself to a new suit....whoa dumb idea. Does anyone ever like the way they look?? I mean, jeeze I am forty...and I have yet to find a suit I like. It is my darn upper thighs and hips!! I am a good weight, usually wear a size 6.....the top half of me is fine.....but those thighs....huge sigh..... Just needed to vent......Anybody else wish we could swap out a body part/parts?? Take care, Donna.

Alright Donna...size 6....impossible to be huge. You just can't be huge....k? Just a little perspective. I would swap out my M&M pockets on my hips...but I would have to give up M&M's so....in a perfect world I could eat M&M's and have pefectly small hips...tee hee!
Angela:7

Actually, I would love to wear a string bikini and KNOW I look good but I don't so I don't kid myself. I do go for the Carol Wior swimwear to cover my flaws. BTW is my lower abs and hip & thigh area. I also am 40 and I wear a size 10 so I know I am not fat. I don't EVER go into a store to try on swimsuits anymore. I want to know where the stores get their mirrors, the CIRCUS??

No words of wisdom, Just wanted to let you know I understand.

Kimx( :(

I understand. We all do. But I'll bet that if you wore that same suit that you tried on, and went to the beach, it would look FANTASTIC!! The dressing room is possessed. There is only SO far that you can get from that mirror and NO bathing suit looks good when you still have your underwear on!!;-)

It's a horrible feeling. Probably 99% of women can relate. It's the dressing rooms! Seriously, whenever I see a dressing room with good lights I am surprised. The lights in most dressing rooms are too dark; they never resemble sunlight and sunlight seems to camouflage a lot of our problem areas.

I actually tried a trick I learned from a friend of mine. She told me to wear sunless tanning lotion the day before I was planning to buy my swimsuit. After two applications and I went from super pale to tanned and it made a difference on my problem areas. The next day I tried a couple of swimsuits, but I didn't see one that I liked x( ... hey but at least I looked better in the mirror than the last time I went bathing suit shopping! :) Hopefully I'll find a bathing suit next time.

I always wear a bikini. My husband insists on it....says they look really good on me and I'm 49 years old.

I'm not a model and I'm not 16 years old so I don't expect to look like either. Based on what I've seen on the beach these days....I don't think I look too bad.

I'm w/Candi. Yes the lights are terrible in the dressing rooms & quite unflattering but I had quite a surprise this year when I tried on 4 bikinis. I must say I had a hard time deciding which one to buy!!! Between the beautiful way their cut now as well as the colors I had to force myself to only buy 2! Ha! I was amazed how far I've come since last year. I do look good if I do say so myself!:7 Kathy:D

Donna: Buy that bikini & strutt your stuff! I bet you look GREAT so please stop selling yourself short. :7

I'm w/Candi. Yes the lights are terrible in the dressing rooms & quite unflattering but I had quite a surprise this year when I tried on 4 bikinis. I must say I had a hard time deciding which one to buy!!! Between the beautiful way their cut now as well as the colors I had to force myself to only buy 2! Ha! I was amazed how far I've come since last year. I do look good if I do say so myself!:7 Kathy:D

Donna: Buy that bikini & strutt your stuff! I bet you look GREAT so please stop selling yourself short. :7

AW...thanks all. I know in it is all in my head..and maybe in my thighs....hee hee. I had a better time today in a different store. The lighting was still horrible...but I found a lot more suits that would work. It seems the tankini with a little flirty bottom is very popular this year!! So I ended up with two, and I think I actually like them. Now I can look forward to that week in the sand. And yes, I know that compared to what I have seen on the beach....I look darn good for a short little 40 year old! Thanks again for all the encouraging words.....

AW...thanks all. I know in it is all in my head..and maybe in my thighs....hee hee. I had a better time today in a different store. The lighting was still horrible...but I found a lot more suits that would work. It seems the tankini with a little flirty bottom is very popular this year!! So I ended up with two, and I think I actually like them. Now I can look forward to that week in the sand. And yes, I know that compared to what I have seen on the beach....I look darn good for a short little 40 year old! Thanks again for all the encouraging words.....

And don't forget about my fave, board shorts! They ride low on the hips, cover all the oogly stuff and show off the upper body!

I don't have fluorescent lights in my house - what's wrong with *my* mirrors??? lol!!!

Seriously though, I hate the overhang of jiggley fat at my waistline. Those suits fit snuggly so as not to fall off in the water,but they just push my fat right on up and it overflows out the top of my bottoms. As I walk I feel the jiggle. It's only a small amount, but it feels like a water balloon around my waist.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.