The 10 Things Thread, Part II

Wow! Just read the whole thing!

1. I was born in Germany (my father was in the Army)

2. I am a dental hygienist.

3. I am married to a cute, funny guy.

4. I am a Christian and I thank God daily for what He did for me.

5. I read about a book a week, often have 4 books going at once. Just finishes The Pilgrim's Progress, and all 12 of Nelson DeMille's novels

6. I love sushi

7. Sleeping could be my hobby

8. My son is 11 years old and loves to converse with people of all ages!

9. I have just started appreciating country music

10. I cry in church, usually during the singing.

I love this- great idea!
1.I'm a happily married (for 3 years) 30 year old female from Pennsylvania

2.I work on air at 2 radio stations...Y 106.5 AND BIG COUNTRY one is country and one is Hot Adult contemporary. Although I don't listen to this music much when I'm at home or in the car(I hear it enough during the day ya know) I do like some of it- in fact I like a little from every format of music. My favorites though are horror punk(like my husband plays..he's in the villians, and I love the misfits) it's fast and they sing about my favorite thing-horror movies. Some people misunderstand this and think it's horrible by reading the lyrics. It's all meant the same as horror movies are- entertainment. If any of this was about real events (which some music is) I would not like it. I love the art of horror and the makeup- it's all so fascinating!!
so you can rank watching movies of all kinds as a favorite of mine too.

3.I love pizza and mexican food, oh and big macs- don't eat this stuff much though..I wish I could, but I don't

4.I have a very deep appreciation for the earth and all the gifts the gods and goddess give us each day....so many beautiful things people take for granted like the quietness and tranquility of a fresh snowfall in the early morning or late night- when traffic has slowed down, the autumn leaves blowing and circling gently on the ground. I could go on and on !!!

5.I'm a VIRGO-b-day Aug 30

6.I love helping people..people at work come to me when they have a health problem and I do my best to get them in tip top shape either with advise or my oils,herbs and vitamin tips

7.In my spare time I use my essential oils to create blends for ailments my friends or family may have

8. I read health books and aromatherapy books all the time....I also have some other books I research on- love to be knowledgable!

9.I love playstation 2 but ya know NOTHING IS BETTER THAN THE OLD ATARI 5200, not many people had it- they had ATARI 2600....oh the memories...my controller broke a while ago and now it's obsolete- I hate it....that was the coolest!!

10.I love meeting people in this group- I hate the phone so this is nice...Cathe is such a great person to watch and work out too!!!
:p :p

Hi Everyone:

1) I'm 38 years old, will be 39 in October.
2) I'm married 10 years.
3) My husband is the best thing that ever happened to me.
4) I live in Long Beach, NY.
5) I do not have any children, but do have a dog, her name is Maxine.
6) I have a twin sister who is 5'10", blonde, blue eyed - I am 5'3", with brown hair, brown eyes. We are extremely close.
7) I had a scholarship to college to play the cello, I'm now an assistant manager for a major marketing firm.
8) I love wine, especially Luna-da-Luna.
9) I love to shop and spend money.
10) I can never relax and hate to sit still.

1. I live in Connecticut
2. I was in the Air Force for 5 years.
3. I love Animals
4. No Children (by choice)
5. Married for the second time 2 years ago in July
6. Should have stayed Single
7. Love to cook and bake
8. Just got my braces off my teeth (Midlife crisis when I decided
to get them:7 )
9. I am planning with my Sister a 50th Wedding Anniversary Party for
our parents. (April)
10. I take tap dancing lessons

Susan G

So much fun to read, here goes...
1) I am 41 (forty-wonderful is more like it)
2) My greatest joy and blessings comes from sharing my life with my daughters Elizabeth, 14, Marley 13 and Faith,9
3) I had never exercised until I was in my 30's and 40lbs overweight, Charlene Prickett's "It Figures" show was on as I folded laundry on the couch, she said get off of the couch and exercise with me, so I did.
4) I was fortunate to have a wonderful and complete 10 year marriage to my soulmate and man of my dreams. I was widowed 6 years ago.
5) Exercising SAVED my life.
6) I am addicted to peanut butter, we refer to the soft roll under my navel as my 'peanut butter muscle':)
7) I am a Registered Massage Therapist and Group Fitness Instructor
8) I am a lapsed Catholic who loves Jesus and Buddah and Mohommed and God and you
9) I discovered Cathe about 3 years ago and still shake my head in amazement at her charm and athletisism
10) I want to go to the Galapagos Islands and see what Charles Darwin saw, especially those awesome penguins.

Thanks to all for sharing!!
Take Care
Laurie:7

I think I will give this a try:

1) I am getting married this August to my boyfriend of 8 years.
2) I am getting my PhD in psychology from Temple University.
3) I trained seriously as a ballet dancer from ages 10-22.
4) I love red wine and Italian food - who doesn't???
5) Sometimes I get the urge to put on a Cathe tape and just watch it for fun! Wierd, huh?
6) My fiancee and I are going to start house-hunting in the near future.
7) I have lived in Philadelphia, PA my whole life.
8) My most interesting trip was to Moscow, Russia, to train with the Bolshoi Ballet when I was 17 yrs old.
9) I love chocolate and sweets of any kind.
10) Every day I try hard to appreciate everything I have in life and not gripe about the small things:)

Oops, didn't see this Part II thread 'til after I posted on the older thread. Here's what I wrote:

Great thread, seeing as #1 on my list is:

I:

1. love making lists; you name it, I’ve got a list for it!
2. love Disneyland (got engaged there) and Walt Disney World (going there for our honeymoon).
3. enjoy hiking and rock climbing with my future DH.
4. am a cat person.
5. hate mosquitoes and can concentrate on nothing else if one’s in the room.
6. love 30’s and 40’s music, and the Beatles.
7. can’t whistle.
8. think King of the Hill is hilarious.
9. can’t drink milk, it makes me want to barf. (But I can have it over cereal, go figure.)
10. live in California’s Wine Country, but I don’t like wine!

I laugh out loud and think, "Me too!" at so many things...so here's my list:

1. I love Jesus because He loved me first!

2. I cry while singing praise, too! (at home, in the car, at church). My worship team is a second family to me.

3. I never used to cry, but Jesus has done great things for me.

4. I met my husband in the 11th grade and we've been together ever since.

5. I have 3 boys (11, 9, and 7) who I homeschool.

6. Baked goods are my downfall!

7. I'm Mexican...someone elsewhere mentioned their Latina butt...I hear ya!

8. I'm pretty much a Cathe-only gal. I first learned of her through the video fitness site...ordered PowerMax, then MIC and MIS, then IMAX...you know how it is!

9. I live in Washington state.

10. I have played the piano since I was 9.

I look forward to reading more of these posts! God's blessings to you all.
CinDee

1) I was born in the Netherlands and most of my family on my mother's side still lives there.
2) I LOATHE donuts yet love muffins and other breakfast pastries.
3) I can't watch wild animal nature shows because I get so upset and always wind up crying.
4) I am a licensed marriage and family therapist.
5) I will be 34 in 12 days.
6) My favorite comfort food is Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
7) I have a tatoo that I really like and hope I have forever.
8) My two cats are a source of great pride and joy. They are my children. I love to hear them purr.
9) I have double jointed elbows.
10) My favorite book of all time is 'To Kill A Mockingbird'.

I know, some pretty random factoids!

Wow-this is really cool. So nice to learn a little something about my fellow cathe-ites.

1. I'm 38 yrs young.
2. Married 15 years, hubby is definitely a morning person-I am not.
3. Mother to 3 boys, ages 15, 13, 7.
4. Read all fitness mags (fitness, shape, oxygen, m&f hers, fitness rx etc.)
5. Love to watch my kids play sports (baseball, basketball, karate, football, soccer.
6. Enjoy mountain biking with my oldest son-he has been in a mountain biking club since jr. high so I learn a lot from him. He is much more competitive than me but doesn't ever leave me too far behind.
7. Participated in gymnastics for 9 years.
8. Love to bake, not cook-just bake. Doesn't help that I am also a chocoholic. This must be inherited since my 5 siblings are too.
9. Workout to Cathe at 5:30 each morning-No I'm still not a morning person. I get up and workout, but don't talk to me or interrupt my workout for nothin'. My family is well aware of this. I even drive my kids to school without saying a word until I drop them off, tell them I love them and have a good day. That's about all I can muster in the morning.
10. I do not watch TV. I simply do not have time for it. It is much more important to be involved with my son's activities, school etc.
11. Have lived in Colorado all of my adult life, have also live in California and Montana.

Hi!!

1. I am 31 one years old as of yesterday 2/12
2. I have been happily married for 8 years
3. Got married in Las Vegas..was a blast
4. I have 2 children ages 8 and 3(boy and a girl)
5. I am from Philadelphia and have lived here all my life.
6. Been working out for about 12 years now, but just started with Cathe about 3 months ago(very addicted).
7. Love Sushi and Philly Cheese steaks
8. Very addicted to The Sopranos and Sex In The City!!
9. Love Bath and Body Works!!
10. Non-smoker as of 6/30/03..was a smoker for 18 years

1. I am 29 years old
2. I am a lawyer here in the UK
3. I am half Iraqi (I was born in Iraq)
4. I have been married to an American for 1 and a half years
5. I have 2 cats
6. I am going to see Duran Duran (the original line-up from the 80's!) in concert in April!
7. I do web design in my spare time
8. I am a big Star Trek fan
9. I lived in Australia as a child
10. I have 2 tattoos and plan on getting a third

We have a lot in common, even our screen names are close!
Judy
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

Got 2bfit I am referring to your post :eek:)

Let's see:

1. I am 38 yrs old, but feel younger than I did 10 yrs ago thanks to my fitness vids.
2. Waited to be a mommy until 35.
3. 'Voluntarily' relocated from Connecticut to a rural Arkansas ranch. Financed through tech boom of late 90's, got out in time, phew!
4. Met my younger husband in a bar, was not looking for a relationship but a young admirer to help ease the pain of a broken engagement.
5. Addicted to "Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica" - think I have a platonic crush on them both.
6. Always reading about 3 books at a time. Usually finance or fitness-related. Trying to get back to some classics, currently reading Steinbeck.
7. Am the only resident Yankee in my town of 1,000 and somewhat of a curiosity.
8. Don't yet 'get' yoga - am I the only one?
9. Former Financial Services Marketing Director, now semi-retired and starting an insurance business.
10. Spend an inordinate amount of time daydreaming about what plastic surgery I will be getting when I win PowerBall.

And one more,
11. Was in a Playboy, "Girls of ____ College Issue" back when I had the goods - lol!

This is fun1
Kim

Let's see..
1. I'm 54 and look pretty good for my age.
2. Live in the Chicago burbs for 10 years and got used to it. LOL
In previous ten years lived in CT, New Hampshire, Vermont, and
Maryland.
3. Discovered I was ADD last year after my 16 yr old son was
diagnosed.
4. I'm 100% Ukranian but was born here.
5. Was a druggie/hippie in college.
6. Because I was a druggie, finished my teaching degree at age 36.
7. Been clean and sober for 17 years.
8. I hitchhiked to the original Woodstock.
9. My joy is reading and making rugs (NOT latch hook).
10. I'm funny, goofy and sincere.
Actually, I could go on for 10 more interesting tidbits. That's what happens when you've lived more than HALF a century!
Alexis

I've been reading this forum for awhile but never posted. I think this is great!

1. Been married for 6 yrs to high school sweetheart.
2. Have lived in Illinois my whole life (I'm 30 yrs old and still feel 18).
3. No children - 1 very spoiled dog - Shetland Sheepdog named Gracie.
4. Absolutely love and am addicted to all Law&Order shows, CSI, and Patricia Cornwell books.
5. Love the idea of living on a farm - living a simple life.
6. When I was little I wanted to be a nun.
7. My Dad died when I was only 13 years old and I feel like I never really new him.
8. Favorite food is anything Italian.
9. Absolutely terrified of spiders and snakes.
10.When I was in 5th grade (and very chunky) was so proud of my Miss. Piggy pink tennis shoes. First day I wore them people made fun of me and started calling me Miss. Piggy. Never wore them again and told my Mom that I'd left them at school and someone stole them.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.