Thanks for NOT making it "easy"

Leela

Cathlete
Cathe,

So many sources that i've read over the last 2.5 years regarding pregnancy and post partum have implied that you can get your body back with some pretty basic stuff (20 minutes cardio a day - etc.). I just recently saw at the drs office, some ridiculous snippet about Cindi Crawford and how she does it (by being born with a rare genetic makeup that makes her very tall and skinny!).

Then there are Cathe's tapes. The tapes that you said mirrored the workouts you used to get back into shape. Well, woman! You are in awesome shape, and I know that you and I are vastly different body types - but your workouts are no walk around the park. These are tough - high energy, endurance cardio and then some very intense and serious weight training.

It isn't easy. Its hard. Its sweat, and its sit-stand squats.. its power scissors and those plyo moves you love so well :)

And now, I feel - "Its no WONDER I couldn't get it all back together. I wasn't working hard enough."

Well - I feel when I do your series that i'm working HARD and that this will make a huge difference in my energy level and my muscle/fat ratio. So thanks! This is exactly what we needed on the market!

Leela

Well said Leela!

Getting and keeping fit takes a lot of work....it's a constant struggle to fit in exercise and eat right, and it seems that it never gets easier. I have to REALLY watch what I eat and make sure I exercise enough, and that means at least a couple of Cathe tapes every week along with other activities like running.

I had to walk quite a bit on my old job....lots of steps, and some other walking every day, and I don't have that now. I can see that I have to compensate for that now, so I have to plan on what to do. Maybe that will mean I can jump on my Airdyne for a few minutes to make up the difference.

The CTX tapes are SMART exercise...we are still working hard, but smart! I especially like the weights and abs tacked on...I'm more likely to get in my strength training and abs allotment for the week with these tapes.

I am happy for all you post-partum moms out there who have Cathe to help get you back in shape....I didn't have any resources in my post-partum struggle. Now we have NO EXCUSES!!!! Just do it!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:-jumpy

You ladies give me hope! I'm petite and no spring chicken (36)but after working out for about 10 years now I'm happy with my body (in large part thanks to Cathe's tapes); however, my husband and I are planning to try and get pregnant next year and I must admit (at the risk of sounding selfish and vain!) the weight gain, baby-body changes and trying to get my body back afterwards makes me anxious! But all the positive attitudes, dedication to fitness and energy found in these posts are inspiring since most of the posters are moms. Also, seeing how fabulous Cathe looks post-baby makes me feel a whole lot better about this baby thing! :)

I wish I was 36!!! All your pre baby training will pay off.
Good luck. When did Cathe have a baby? I've been out of touch!

Hi Leela! It excites me to hear your enthusiasm. Keep up the strong workouts. With your "hard working" attitude you will achieve your fitness goals, and then some. Go get'm!

Thanks Honeybunch!

No, It doesn't get easier. I laugh at my colleagues - many in their early 20s, in a no-kid, no-spouse situation - where their time really belongs to them. I remember those days - they were long ago.

It gets HARDER to find the time, and more important to do so - between the annoying tendency of fat to creep on a woman's waistline mid-30 onward, to bone loss and muscle loss - we all really need to keep ourselves active.

So it really frustrates me when I read about unrealistic people who hardly do anything. MOST of us need more than "20 minutes of exercise, 3 times a week".

Cathe's tapes are HARD, and there is a reason for that. I expect results when I do her tapes, and I know I will like what I see.

I know what you mean about walking, etc. I used to live in the city - walked, and biked constantly. Now, I drive everywhere. Its a big change, and its not a healthy one. These vids, and spinning class are what keep me sane.

>
>I am happy for all you
>post-partum moms out there who
>have Cathe to help get
>you back in shape....I

You Betcha!

Leela

Spring Chickens

I'm a year younger than you, so perhaps I can't say this, but 36 isn't exactly OLD ya know!

Good luck with the baby thing!! I'm also hoping to have another.

I don't think your worries are vain at all. Why shouldn't you care about a body you worked hard to get/maintain.

>moms. Also, seeing how
>fabulous Cathe looks post-baby makes
>me feel a whole lot
>better about this baby thing!
>:)

Yah! She is inspiring!!

Leela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.