Thank you for the vegetarian posts!

lrhollid

Cathlete
I can't believe how wonderful I have felt these past few weeks after switching over to a vegetarian diet-- thanks to you all for sharing your experiences! My energy is great and I'm not as groggy in the mornings when I wake up. Also, my appetite has decreased dramatically-- I'm filling up on salads!!!! I'm usually hungry all the time, but since changing my diet, I haven't been.

Thanks again!
L

I'm always glad to see new "converts"! (And the animals are, too!). Glad you could benefit from our postings.

>I'm always glad to see new "converts"! (And the animals are,
>too!). Glad you could benefit from our postings.

Ditto what Kathryn said...:)...Carole

Yaaah! There have been so many people in the last few years who have gone from being a vegie to eating meat. I think it's due mostly to the whole zone diet thing. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better on a vegie diet. What's the biggest change in what your eating? I know what you're not eating. What new foods have you incorporated?
Heather

I've always eaten veggies, but it was usually a small portion next to a massive piece of chicken or beef. I started upping the veggies-- lots of salads with green peppers, mushrooms, spinach, etc. I went to the local health food store and found wonderful soup mixes and organic products (BTW, thanks to whoever posted about the hormones found in milk). I also bought a new cookbook and the recipes look fabulous.

To be honest, my husband was the reason I really decided to try this-- we both got sick after eating some chicken a few weeks ago, and he said he was tired of feeling yucky all the time because of what he ate (he has IBS and almost everything upsets his stomach). Well, he lasted about two days, but I'm loving this!

Thanks again!
L

I'm glad you posted your original post. Although I am not a vegetarian I have been doing more research and reading up on it.
I have also found lately I am slowly limiting my meat intake and replacing it with lentil soup or beans of some sort, and tofu sometimes as well

I recently read The Bragg Lifestyle book and it was full of good information.

Would you mind posting what your typical vegetarian eating day looks like?

Thanks,
Sham

>
>Would you mind posting what your typical vegetarian eating day
>looks like?
>
>Thanks,
>Sham

Sham, mine is Vegan

B: Fruit smoothie made with 2 cups assorted fruit, 3/4 cup soymilk, 1 T ground flaxseed, 1 cup rice protein powder.
Snack: apple
L: Half sandwich with wheat bread and tofu style "no" egg salad filling, and a salad
Snack: fruit or some walnuts
D: Lentil soup, artichoke w/veganaisse, salad
Dessert: sometimes fruit or another smoothie I split with my DH, made with just the fruit and soymilk.

...:)...Carole

I too want to thank everyone for the wonderful informative posts. I have started reading "The China Study" and "The Food Revolution" as recommended by Carole. The jury's still out until I read and learn more;). Are there other books you might recommend?

Thanks again,
Robin:)

Hi Robin. Check out this site www.madcowboy.com I read both of Howards books (I got them thru Amazon.com) and they were quick reads. He is a cattle rancher turned Vegan and has some interesting information. I also get his monthly newsletter...:)..Carole

An update: still feeling great with lots of energy and loving the Moosewood Cookbooks. And, I stepped on the scale this morning because I noticed that my clothes were fitting a lot better. I've lost 7 pounds!!!! I haven't been working out as much the past few weeks because I've been swamped with work-- I'm amazed:)

L

Robin,
Some good books:
Becoming Vegan (or Becoming Vegetarian). Lots of info.
The RAVE diet and lifestyle (actually, the DVD that is available from the site has most of the info and more, so you wouldn't even need the book www.ravediet.com )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.