TGI...KETTLEBELLS!!!!!

Hey gals! I got my workout done and posted, and I am anxiously waiting for Deanie to report! :eek::D

Heading to the park with the boys for our end of the year party with the coop. PARTY AND PARK!: my 2 favorite P's. :p

Melissa

Melissa - Great workouts the last few days!! :cool: I think you made the swing/jump rope workout harder than what I do. When I set the timer for a straight 15 minutes and do 15 swings/50 jump ropes, I only end up with around 11 rounds. So you're doing a lot more swings by doing 15-20 in the minute. Very cool!

Have fun at the party at the park. :)

Deanie - How's the RKC session going??? I can't wait to hear!

I have to confess, I went to DD and did a search on RKC in Vermont...there are like 3 RKC and 5 HKC within an hour from my house! :eek:

Hi Jane and Rhonda!!!

I got stuck late at work yesterday...AGAIN! :mad: I'm determined to get out on time tonight. I really want to swing. :)

Hi All,

I'm taking a rest day today. I have a 5K race in the morning.

Melissa ~ Have fun at the park! Wish I could join you guys!!

Deanie ~ Can't wait to hear about your RKC experience. I bet you are rockin' it!!

Gayle ~ How you get your swings in tonight!!

Hi Rhonda!

Sorry so short. Work is busy!!

Hi gals!!!!!!!
I'm back!!!!!

The session with the RKC went REALLY WELL! He said my swing was GS style, and we tweaked it for explosiveness - worked on my back swing -now I have that down. We worked on the clean, that was the only thing I wasn't sure about - he said my form from the dead clean was spot on!! but now with the explosiveness of my back swing I have to work on the clean when I do it as a "long clean" - which he said I could do while doing ETK. I was using my arm and hip strength when I did the long clean and I need to take my arm out of the equation. For the snatch, I wanted to use a 12kg, but he wouldn't let me. He said I have the hip strength to do the 16 and I should do it. He totally tweaked my snatch - I tamed the arc and before, - I was not getting my arm near my head, it was more to the side in a V-ish look (hope that makes sense)- by the time I was done, I was snatching the 16 and it felt weightless:eek::eek::eek: (arm where it should be right next to my ear) I only hope I can do that without him in front of me!!!:confused::eek: Then we did some work on my deadlift form - we never got to the TGU, but I don't think I was doing that wrong anyway. He said my form was really good on everything and he was surprised at how well I had body awareness (I danced from age 5 thru college and then I did yoga for about 8 years, so yes, I should have good body awareness;):p) He also helped me with my squat ( which also helps the the back swing) The back swing thing made a HUGE difference in my swing! I don't think I will be doing any more 1 min. swings for a while! He didn't think I need to start ETK over, but he did say I won't be able to press the 20kg till I do A LOT of presses with the 16. And I mean A LOT! This may be a year long project (or more). But that's okay since I like the program:) He did suggest maybe on a variety day to do the pp with the 20kg and each time I pp, use less push and more press, but I think I will wait on that....
So I will be doing my 16kg - 5 X 3,5,7 tomorrow (the RKC guy liked that idea)
The lesson was supposed to be 1 hour, it ended up being 1.5+! We both are talkers apparently :eek: :D
Definitely money well spent.:):)
I wish I could afford to go more often and work on my deadlift, but I just don't have the $ to do that. :(

Gayle::: YOU SHOULD GO!!!......(I highly recommend seeing an RKC if you can:eek:). Well worth it. I hope you get your swings in tonight and work is not too crazy.

Melissa::: THANK YOU for your report of your RKC experience, it made me want to go!!! Have fun at the picnic at the park!!! I'm off to read your blog......

Jane::: Enjoy your race day and GOOD LUCK on your race tomorrow!:)

later gators!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.