Ted Kennedy Dies At Age 77

The end of American royalty. :( The Kennedys have been the embodiment of the Jeffersonian philosophy that the successful should give back to the society that lifted them up. They came from bigotry & bootlegging to altruism & dedication to public service.

He also seemed the most human of them all. JFK certainly had his flaws, but the press kept them quiet back then. RFK seemed a bit strident & self righteous. Ted seemed like a real guy who truly cared about people.

Also the most handsome.

KennedyMen.png

So sad for the family. Losing the last of that generation within a month. They've gone through an awful lot of tragedy, but it never stopped them from serving.

That is sad. It's not only the end of his life, but the end of an era. He was the last of his brothers and sisters (his last remaining sister died not too long ago).

Very sad. I was hoping he would stay alive long enough to see his long life dream - health care reform - passed.

I agree. I have a feeling that if he were still around when the vote came up, he'd do everything in his power to be there, even if it meant being carried in on a stretcher.

Despite his atrocious behavior in his youth -likely result of insanely ambitious parents, unspeakable tragedies and an alcoholic predisposition - he could've spent his life like a Paris Hilton or Donald Trump(though neither is in the same wealth class I know) - but despite it all, he did show up for work and stuck up for the poorest and out of luck...no one can argue that.

But to witness his life the past 20 years, who can argue that his life was one of redemption. A truly flawed man with a bizarre life of loss who served his country well - no matter what we thought of his policies, no one can argue that he stuck uip for the powerless and redeemed himself.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.