Teaching...

Hi Cathe,

I've been working out to your videos ever since I saw you on FitTV--about 2 years ago. At the moment, I am in preparation so I can teach Group Exercise at our 24 Hour Fitness Club (don't know if that club is big in the NE); however, I actually practice to your videos...I want to teach step aerobics and lift. My question is...how in the wurl do you keep your breath talking and teaching in your Step Blast and staying with the 32 count (which is what I'm trying to learn right now)??? I'm trying to do it with you (as I practice). I would love some "teaching" tips--you're an excellent teacher.

Thank you and have a blessed day,
Sylvia Stone
Fort Wort, Texas

Sylvia,

One thing I would recmmend is when you are doing Cathe workouts, always count the beat and act like you are teaching the class! Just talk and count in your head at the same time, or try to! (Granted, it's kinda hard to talk at all during like Imax 3!)

I am 14 and want to get certified when I turn 16! Which certification program are you doing???

You are so sweet...Actually, that is what I have done..count the beat and try to teach. I'm having a little difficulty with it... BIG SMILE! I consider myself advanced..i'm a runner and lift weights several times a week and by no means out of shape but trying to count and teach..well, that's a different story. I'm sure it will just take time and practice. I began with ACE; however, when my husband learned of the certification through 24 HF, they suggested I come and learn throug their program because it's "hands-on" vs. lots of knowledge (only). Knowledge is great but thought I would start out with this first. I appreciate your tip...

Have a great day,
Sylvia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.