Taping Shoes/Cardio Kicks

fit4life

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone tried the idea of taping their workout shoes with packing tape for doing Cardio Kicks on carpeting, and if it worked for them. The idea was posted by someone a while back and I bought the tape, but I somehow can't get myself to try it--I guess I'm afraid of ruining my shoes.
Also, does anyone have any other ideas on how to keep the "tweaking" caused by carpeting to a minimum while kickboxing or doing hi/lo on carpeting? My carpet is "flat", but not smooth like flooring.
Thanks for any input!
Denise

Hi Denise,
I have taped just the ball of my foot for this video, and it works great. I keep them handy to change into during some segments of circuit max too.

It makes it much easier to shuffle and kick, but not so much that you dont have control.

Hope that helps
Jayne F

HI Denise! I tried taping my shoes one day, and I was soooo annoyed with the crinkling sound of the tape that I HAD to remove it!! Plus, it actually felt too slippery, and I was afraid of my feet going too wide during jumping jacks and really hurting my knees (I was doing Powerstrike). I just try to stay light on my feet, and I'm just extra careful to lift my heel when I have to pivot.

HOllie

Thanks Jayne and Hollie!
Maybe what I'll do is try taping just the ball portion of the shoe using an old pair just to get an idea. Jayne, I just received Circuit Max today, so if it does work I'll use them for that, too!
Hollie, that's too funny about the crinkling sound being so annoying! I also agree that if they felt too slippery it's smart just to try to modify a bit, since that would easily cause an injury, and certainly defeat the whole purpose!
Thanks again!
Denise

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.