Tank Top Weather is coming!

Hey all,

I just wanted to invite you over to www.fitnessvideofanatics.com to sign up for my Tank Top Rotation challenge. I'll be starting on Monday & will go for 12 weeks.

When Marlene123 originally posted this rotation last year, she didn't have the Intensity Series available to her. So, to shake things up a little, I am adding a few of these tapes in for variation but the "structure" will remain the same. The first week of the challenge is exactly as Marlene wrote it.

You'll be able to sign up this afternoon. Come join me for 12 weeks of great arm building fun!

Hi Deborah,

Just wanted to let you know that I joined your challenge. I'm looking forward to changing up my routine. A couple of things I wanted to mention about myself though is that this is the first time I've joined a challenge so I'm not sure if I have all of the appropriate information filled out at fitness video site. Also, I don't have all of the videos that you are using in the challenge. Do you think this will be a problem? I plan on substituting with the tapes I do have while focusing on the same bodypart that you have listed each day.

Looking forward to my first challenge!!

Traci

Hi Deborah,

I LIKE this one. :) Since I'll be in the conditioning phase for the beginning and off of cardio, can I join the challenge if I slide a day over and skip cardio? I see 5 weight workouts in 4 days, with 3 days close together so if I'm off cardio it might make sense for me to spread it out. I haven't tried to do any challenges at video fitness before and didn't know if I could join in with modifications. I really like the tapes that you have in there, and it looks like a great way to mix them up. :)
~Audrey

OH I'M SO EXCITED TO HAVE YOU BOTH JOINING ME!

Traci, I think as long as you are working upper body 3 days & legs 2 days, you'll be fine. As for Cardio, I just through a bunch in there for variation.

Audrey, because I'll be in the conditioning phase until about 1/4 of the way through this challenge, I am going to do the tapes in order taking the extra rest days on the cardio days. The nice thing is if you get a short conditioning phase, you'll be able to do Bootcamp a couple of times during this challenge.

I wanted to be able to have a lot of different people join the challenge so I went a head & put the cardio in.

See you there!

Hi Deborah!

I joined your challenge; the only problem is I'm going to be on vacation from 4/1-4/9. Look forward to shaping up these arms; won't hurt the rest of me either. I'm also hoping that being accountable to the rest of you in the challenge will get me off my bootie and workout more than twice a week! Until then...

Vickie :)

I'm just piping up to sk if anyone has heard from Marlene? She was a treasure trove of info! Is she just working out more and posting less, or is she doing something specific that I don't know about?

Just curious, I miss her...
-Connie

Hey Connie,

Liz (gettingthere) & I have tried to e-mail her & even posted a thread here "searching" for her. We wanted her to lead this challenge since it was her inspired (LOL)work. She didn't respond. Wish she would come back!

Vickie,

It will be great to have you join us when you can! This rotation is awesome! I really enjoyed doing it last year.

Everyone,

Just a hint for all of you--on Sunday, you will no longer be able to go to the see this challenge listed on the challenge page. Click on "MyFitnessCenter" and then click on "MyChallenges." A box will pop up & you'll see the challenge there.

The forum there is differen than the "normal" forum. It took some getting used to but I like it because it tells you what day it is & what tape to be using!

See you all there!

Deborah..I am thinking of taking on the challenge, but I can't seem to view the workout details. When I click on the little dots, they don't give me anything..what am I doing wrong at VF??

Thanks!

Janice

Hi Janice,

I've just opened another screen so I could look at the challenge and type here. <g> When you click on the dots, nothing changes in the top of your screen. But, the details of the workout and the calendar of the rotation show up BELOW the list of challenges. Just scroll down a bit and you should be able able to see everything. :) The orange dot shows the description, and it alternates with the blue dot which is the listing of videos. You can see the green dot info (the calendar with tapes on it) and the orange at the same time, or the green dot and the blue dot. Another thing I've noticed is that if you are looking at one challenge (or rotation) and you select another to view, if you click on the orange dots, only the orange info changes, the green dot info stays the same as what you were previously viewing.. you need to click that dot again too.

HTH and doesn't confuse more <g>

This is great! I'm so looking forward to doing the challenge with everyone. :) Thanks Deborah for setting it up.

~Audrey

Audrey..

Thanks for your help, but I did click on the dots and scroll down and nothing was there. I know I did it right cuz last time I went on to that site I was confused and had to figure that out..seems kinda stupid how it all appears below..I will check it out again and see if I am just the stupid one!!

Janice

Hi Deborah,

I just joined the challange as well and I am looking foward to it. I have a few questions for you though. I do not see a fourm at the fitness video website. What goes on when you join a challange??
I also was not sure what information should be added to my profile. Finally, I have all of the video's except CTX upper body split. However, I think I should be able to use the CTX series to cover for this right?

Thanks,
Jessica

Hi Janice, I didn't respond previously because I thought Audrey had you covered. What kind of workout details are you looking for, Janice? I'll tell you, it's the original tank top rotation but because it's for 12 weeks, I've substituted the Pyramids on a couple of day.

After you go to the "Rotations" page on www.fitnessvideofanatics.com, go down & choose "Tank Top Rotation--A Variation." If you have one of those "scrolly" mouses (mice?), don't use it! Click on the page (anywhere on the page) & then scroll down. Let me know if that doesn't work. I tried to paste a link for you but it doesn't work.

Janice - sorry, I didn't see that you were still having trouble. :(

Deborah, I'm going to have to bow out of the challenge, unless you guys want a cheerleader. <g>. I have shoulder injuries from a car accident, and they act up when I overwork them. I ran this plan by my chiropractor and he nixed the idea of me doing 3 upperbody workouts a week. :( I think he's wonderful, but would prefer not to have to see him 2x a week <g>. I will have to settle for torturing my legs instead.

~Audrey

Holly Molly ;)

I just join the challenge, at the site. And, after looking at what's expected. Or, let me ask, are we suppose to do the workouts in that order? Also, are you only allowing for 1 Cardio day? Holly Molly.............

That is some workout schedule, looks veryyyy hard, help, I want my mom <g>. Maybe I'm just a wimp gee!! Don't know if I can handle it. But, I'll give it my best. Just looking at the schedule made me so sleepy, haha. So, I think I better go to bed now, so that I can wake up on 3/30 well rested ;o)

Can we modify?

Teddygirl

I posted this yesterday but never saw any response. Not sure if it just got overlooked. Hope I am not being a pest for posting again. I just want to be sure that I know what I need to do come Monday morning!!

Thanks again...

Hi Deborah,

I just joined the challange as well and I am looking foward to it. I have a few questions for you though. I do not see a fourm at the fitness video website. What goes on when you join a challange??
I also was not sure what information should be added to my profile. Finally, I have all of the video's except CTX upper body split. However, I think I should be able to use the CTX series to cover for this right?

Thanks,
Jessica

Teddygirl,

ABSOLUTELY MODIFY where you need to. Add cardio where you need it. There are 2 days where it is scheduled in on Wednesday & Friday. For building muscle this is all you need to do. The original rotation had additional cardio on Tuesday before or after the CTX Upper body split without the chest work. I forgot to put the cardio in when I created the rotation. Just do any cardio of your chosing for at least 20 minutes in your target heart range (which means at least 30 to 45 minutes of cardio work). I like to work my entire upper body, not leaving out my chest because I think the "muscles" that build cleavage are very sexy--those extra pushups help. I'm not going for that "ripped" chest just that ripple.

JESS, I AM SO SORRY! I did miss your original post. That's one of the things I don't like about this board. If you don't respond to the original post, it goes below the post you hit reply to & then when someone else replies to the original post your post is burried.

Anyway, your questions are really good because Liz's site is different from everyone elses. On Sunday morning when you go to videofitnessfanatics, you will need to click on "MyFitnessCenter." On the right side of the screen, you will see some buttons, look for "MyChallenges." When you click on that, a box comes up & will show all of the challenges that you have ever joined. If this is your first one, it will be the only one. You can actually do this now--the challenge is there for you to preview. Click "Go to." This will bring you to what I call "challenge central," not what Liz calls it but what I like to call it. Anyway, you can't post until Sunday but you can see how the page looks. What you will see on Sunday is the Date & tapes assigned for that day. Under that are two boxes, one "blueish box" with a red broken line & then a white box with a solid line around it. You type in that one & then hit save. Then you comments will move up into the "blue" box. You don't have to check in daily but it helps keep me accountable.

As for not having all of the videos, I don't have the actual Upper Body Split but I have the CTX set so I'll fast forward the tapes to the exercises needed. I am going to try to set that up the day before so I can move through it quickly. I may even try to record those tapes onto a separate VHS for simplicity sake. You can do that legally if you are not going to sell it.

As for the profile, Liz created this so that you can put whatever you want in there. Whatever you want us to know about you. I'm actually updating mine this morning. Take a look at it. Maybe it will give you some ideas.

I'm so glad to have so many new people joining me on this rotation! It will be fun getting to know you all.

TTYL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.