Tank Top rotation cardio ideas and your favorite rotati...

delphene

Cathlete
I'm gonna start Marlene's tank top rotation tomorrow and would love suggestions for the cardio days ! I have all of cathe's ,cias and spinervals if that helps ;-)

Also,
any favorite tanktop rotations out there that you would all like to share using updated workouts?
TIA

Delphene

PS

For those unfamiliar w/ the rotation here it is!

Tank Top rotation by Marlene.

Day 1: PS Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps,and Triceps.
Day 2: CTX Leaner Legs
Day 3: CTX Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps plus cardio
Day 4: Cardio
Day 5: MIS
Day 6: Cardio
Day 7: Cardio or rest

I just started this rotation on Saturday:
Sa: PS Back, Bi's, Tri's, Chest, and Shoulders/Advanced Step Challenge (Amy Bento)
Su: B&G instead of LL
M: CTX Shoulders, Bi's, and Tri's (no cardio since I did ASC on Sat.)
T: HLX or KBX (Amy Bento)(also some core work)
W: DM, BM2, or LIC instead of MIS
Th: HLX or KBX (whichever one I did not do on T) OR High Intensity Step Mix (Tracey Staehle) or Bosu Blast(also some core work)
F: Probably a rest day or any of my favorite cardio's
Then I plan on alternating with a functional fitness week back to tank top finishing off with a functional fitness week. I'm am enjoying this though and may just do all 4 weeks tank top or 3 weeks tank top finishing off with 1 week functional fitness training.
Angela:7

Thanks Angela!
Your rotation looks tuff ! Im looking forward to hearing your results!

I did PS all upper body(c,s,t,b,bi's) using the stability ball and finished abs on floor but started on ball! I also used Chris Daultry as my background music and felt pumped! I'm really Looking forward to seeing how my upper body responds to this rotation!
Have fun and keep me posted!

Delphene

You can mix it up throughout the rotation by subbing some other Cathe workouts for the full upper body days (thinking of Muscle Max - all upper body or push-pull 2x, think along those lines) and for the full body you could do Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance, Push-Pull, Supersets, or Powerhour, for example.

When I have done this rotation in the past, I often did the full CTX upper body workout to prevent any muscle imbalances... or subbed Cory Everson's get hard arms & shoulders for the CTX bi/tri/shoulders workout. For the legs sometimes I would just do the MIS legs portion - I like that work out - short and to the point - instead of Leaner Legs. You could do legs & glutes, butts & guts, you name it. Marlene123 usually did her rotation for 10 weeks followed by 3 weeks of slow & heavy, so 10 weeks can be long w/o some variety. Just some thoughts! If you have lots of Cathe workouts (or similar workouts), the variations are huge!:)

RE: Tank Top rotation cardio ideas and your favorite ro...

Hello

I'm trying to do a tank top rotation using Gym Styles and Slow & Heavy. I also have Muscle Max, Jari's Get Ripped and Amy Bentos Pump Extreme.

Is it necessary for me to purchase CTX and Pure Strength? I am interested in buying these DVDs, but I would like to try to do a Tank Top Rotation with what I have.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Laura :)

Hi Laura, I hope you will get suggestions for YOUR workouts! You can do an advanced search on dvd rotations putting " tank top" in search, a few should pop up-good luck!

I finished my 1st week and this was tough stuff! Not sure of the intensity of all the weight work, my cardio choices or the fact I had a 90 min massage done on friday-should of had it sunday ;-0 Come Sat for my IMAX I was mush, I pushed through and completed but at a low level than I'm accustomed to ;-0

I'll see how I feel to commit to last weeks rotation sequence below or swap different cardio using steady state rather than interval training on sat!

Tank Top rotation by Marlene w/ my selections of cardio.

Day 1: PS Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps,and Triceps & abs.
Day 2: CTX Leaner Legs coremax 1
Day 3: CTX Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps plus cardio MIC hi-lo
Day 4: Cardio RS coremax2
Day 5: MIS
Day 6: Cardio Imax (wow)
Day 7: Cardio or rest(planned on spinning w/ cardio coach but I was not feeling it!) I had an active rest,steady state spinning on my bike while previewing Kelly Coffey's step kickbox For 50 mins, I then did her abs and cool down!

Gonna rest and fuel up for tomorrows weight work!

Have a nice day and workout!

>Thanks Angela!
> Your rotation looks tuff ! Im looking forward to hearing
>your results!
>
>I did PS all upper body(c,s,t,b,bi's) using the stability
>ball and finished abs on floor but started on ball! I also
>used Chris Daultry as my background music and felt pumped! I'm
>really Looking forward to seeing how my upper body responds to
>this rotation!
> Have fun and keep me posted!
>
>Delphene

Delphene,
Well, I followed this for about a week. This past year, I've wanted to follow a rotation but have had a hard time doing so. Anway, I hope to do this or something similar to it sometime soon. This is also a stressful time of year for my work (special ed. teacher) and I have mounds of paperwork and hours of meetings to schedule and lead in addition to keeping up with the "regular" stress of teaching. I'm disappointed that I quit after week one. I really enjoyed it. I have some new workouts coming and some new ideas for a tank top variation that I hope to incorporate that will give me enough variety to see it through.
Angela:)

Angela,

I hope you find the time for your self soon and have consistency & variety in your training that you are desiring!

This rotation ,as is, is a straight forward upperbody sculptor,fat blaster and produced results quickly for me! By the end of week 2 I was already seeing results and needed to tweak my weekly progressions for certain cardio workouts. This rotation crept up on me in spurts!

However, I challenged myself each week by increasing poundage , going from 6" to 8" step for cardio,to using stability ball for weightwork & abs(legs & core engaged alot-noticed wonderful lower ab and hamstring development)so legs were not skimped on at all w/ ball training,step and spinning workouts!

This week I'm Banging out my rotation by using the workout charts from the workouts and focusing on perfect form on a 1 count w/ max weight on my reps with slamming music in the background! Seeing these results makes me want to continue by using the other rotations suggested! The sequence of Marlene's tank top rotation is very effective! Please let me know how you make out and what workouts you use!

Delphene

Thanks for the info. Delphene! I'm glad you enjoyed this rotation and got great results. I'm even more interested in trying it now. Maybe when school is out this summer!
Angela:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.