T-Tapp and what really works?

JAS

I had a baby 6 months ago now and am still 2 sizes bigger and 10 pounds over what I was before. I am looking to do something about this 3 baby pouch and hips and thighs. As I have been ignoring weight training for a while (bad news, I know!) I decided to start again with the Firm (IMO lighter and easier weight training than Cathe). My rotation looks like this: Mon: Cardio Kicks, Tues: Firm Cardio, Wed: step, Thurs: Firm Strength, Friday: Cardio Kicks, Sat: Circuit Max or Intense Moves. I suppose I should stick to this for a while, I've only been doing it for a week. The problem is this. Every time I see a success story from someone else, be it success with a PS rotation(I have this set but don't believe it is the best place to start back in with weights) an all Firm rotation, with CTX (Cathe says she used a rotation smilar to this after her first baby) pilates...etc, I want to change again! So what DOES work? Here's my latest "should I give it a try" diversion. T-Tapp??? I mostly lurk on these forums, and noticed something about Teresa Tapp on VF, so I decided to check it out. On her site are pages and pages of amazing stories, should I give it a try or simply ignore? So what's the deal with T-Tapp? Is it bogus or is there really somethig to it? Here's the red flag for me: she claims you do not need to change your diet. But all those success stories? What of it??
Your input would be greatly appreciated!!
Jackie

Hello Jackie. I posted a thread about T-Tapp in this Open Forum yesterday (Nov 30th). Subject: "Someone Please Talk to Me About T-Tapp". You can check it out. It's interesting. I was curious about T-Tapp too and I got really good replies. I'm hoping I get more cause I'm not convinced about the system yet.

Oh, no. I saw your post after I posted(sorry everyone for repeating the question). I am not convinced yet, either. I think it's worth looking into a little more, though. Maybe it is one of those things you'd be better off with a one-on-one session so you know you are doing it correctly? I don't want to spend the money if it won't be effective. Here's hoping for more info!
Jackie

I'm not going to be able to give you any new info really, but a workout buddy did lend me her instructionals. (I've done them a grand total of once!) I'm not real impressed
I find it really really boring and, it was hard to keep concentrating on form the whole time. Somehow it seemed way more difficult than keeping form with Cathe.
There was someone about Therese's personality that rubbed me the wrong way too.
I know for sure I'm not spending a dime on her tapes based on this experience. Having said that, I will probably keep a few of her exercises in my rotation for a while--just to see.

Somehow, t-tapp reminds me of the exercises we had to do in High school gymn class in the 70's. Don't ask me why.. it just does.

Good luck getting more information!
Oh, P.S. I am not sure its Ttapp related, but the day I tried it, I pulled my back slightly out of whack--so if you have a tender back, be careful!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.