Switching big collection to DVD

dianeksu

I have finally tried some fitness dvd's and will never go back to vhs. How do I get rid of my 100+ collection of vhs tapes. I really don't want to miss with Ebay if I don't have to. Has any one had success selling their tapes anywhere beside ebay?

Diane Hayes

When I made the transition, I first listed my vhs videos on the Firm swap, then what I couldn't sell on the swap, I listed as a lot on Ebay. Also, some of the more valuable videos (hard to get Firms), I listed separately on Ebay. Ebay turned out to be really useful and once you're registered, you always have the future option of buying/selling.

I made a complete transition to DVD last Fall and I haven't any regrets!

Did you find Ebay time consuming to set up and respond to bidders? I am alread feeling guilty about selling Cathe's tapes even though I am replacing them with the DVD version!

Thanks!

Diane

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-02 AT 08:43PM (Est)[/font][p]Hey Diane, I'd be interested to know what you have..I'm still in the Dinosaur age. Email me [email protected]. Thanks

Briee

Oops, just noticed someone else mention on another message that your not supposed to buy or sell of Cathe's site. Sorry, didn't mean to do anything I wasn't supposed to. Thanks

RE: Donation

Hi Diane. I'm sorry that it has taken me a couple of days to get back to you.

Setting up an Ebay account is pretty painless. Most of the work will be in deciding what you want to sell, determining prices, and then listing your items. If you can organize all of the details on paper before you attempt to list your items, the process isn't unpleasant at all. I guess what I'm trying to say is, be organized. I made the mistake of trying to wing it on my first attempt and ended up bailing because of frustration.

I found that listing my remaining vhs exercise collection as a large lot was much less work than offering each video individually. Maybe I could have made more money on individual items, but I would have spent more time and money on packing materials and shipping, so it really balances out in the end.

Gretchen's idea is great. Unfortunately, I don't itemize at tax time so I couldn't use the write-off :-(, but if you do, that may be the easiest route.

RE: Donation

Thanks for all the good ideas. I have a very new collection that I will try to sell or trade but the remaining tapes might be good to take to the library.

I am still a little afraid of Ebay!

Diane Hayes

RE: e-bay ?

Cyberfit,

Did you need to scan the picture covers of the exercise videos or did you just list the titles with a description? I have been thinking of selling some tapes as well but some of mine are oldies but goodies so people may not recognize the titles.

Thanks,
Debbie

RE: e-bay ?

Hi Debbie. I didn't include pictures of the video covers in my listings. A few people emailed me to inquire about the condition of the videos/covers, although I was sure to include that information in the item description. I guess it couldn't hurt to include a picture, but it didn't seem to be an issue when I placed my videos up for auction.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.