Sweating

molasses

Cathlete
I work out in the morning and then take my shower but notice that my face is still sweating long after the workout is done which makes getting ready (putting on my makeup) quite a challenge.

I have A/C and I've started blowing a fan directly in my face but it's not really helping.

Any tips on how to cool down quickly?

Last edited:
I have this problem as well. I turned the shower water temp to just luke warm so that it doesn't continue to make me hot. Putting on my makeup is the last thing I do in the morning before I leave. I don't know what else to suggest. It just takes time for the body to cool down after a hard workout.

HTH.

I have this problem too

I don't have any great solutions for you, I just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Shayne

I found blowing a fan directly at my face really helps, I have a small fan both in the bathroom and at my makeup desk. Maybe some kind of ice back on the back of your neck might help too.

Isn't it weird that you can work out, sweat profusely, take a shower, towel off... and STILL be sweating? It happens to me too.

The only thing that works for me is to wait a bit after I work out, before I shower. If I don't completely cool down before I shower, the make up is impossible to apply, and my thick curly hair won't dry because my scalp is still sweating.

I know waiting isn't a great option, but truthfully, it's all that works for me. I have even tried putting the A/C down to about 70 degrees (we have a separate zone for our bedroom, so I can cool it down in there without affecting the rest of the house), but that doesn't even work.

Wait about 5 or 10 minutes before you shower to cool down, then take a cool shower. First, it helps your body cool down, and second, it prevents steam from building up in the bathroom, which will increase the moisture on your skin. And it feels it awesome!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.