Support in losing baby weight

olliebelle

Hi everyone! I haven't been on this forum since my last pregnancy, but I am here again!

I was hoping to start/join a support system for losing baby weight. I gained almost 50 pounds w/both pregnancies. With my daughter, the weight came off fairly easily & quickly, and it came off right away from my stomach. Unfortunately, with my son, I have 30 pounds to lose, and quite a bit from my stomach. I did have a c-section with him; perhaps that makes a difference?

I started working out again 2 weeks ago (my son is 8 weeks now), right after the doctor's ok. I am swimming, doing weights, step, walking, yoga, etc. Whatever I can fit into 20-30 minutes, which is the most I can fit in during naps. I am not dieting, as I am breastfeeding and do not want to risk my milk supply decreasing. I'm feeling better now that I can exercise again, but it's very different for me to be overweight, as I never have been before. I know that it will take awhile, but I do wish I could fit into some of my old clothes and feel better about the way I look.

If anyone is going through the same thing (or has gone through it), and would like to share your stories/journey with me, that would be wonderful!

Regardless of my body right now, I know (am hoping!) that I'll get back into shape. And my beautiful and healthy children are worth it!

Hi there!! Feel free to jump in to the mommas group we have here.. we have some that are 3m pp nad some that are 9m pp already, but we are in all diffrent stages of getting back into shape and we'd love to have you join us! You have a great attitude and it does come off!! I am just not at 9m pp getting back to the weight workouts, but I was doing cardio early on. I also had c/s's w/ all my kiddos. You can do it!! I think our group name this week is somethng about mommas onthe job full time.. we start a new one on Monday's usually.

I'm totally there with you. I actually feel like I've been struggling with my weight loss and I decided I needed additional support (the hubby just doesn't understand....he always thinks I'm complaining, but I really just need somone to talk to).
I'm 6 mo pp. I had major complications from my delivery that prolonged me from excersizing. I had Emma on 1/6/09, via emergency c-section and we were both in the hospital for 7 days. I had an epidural go up and it took over my lungs. I had a lung collapse and develped pneumonia. I woke up from my c-section on a ventilator because I coudn't breath on my own. I was then on bed rest for 2 days and didn't see Emma until day 3. I was sent home with a catheter in for 3 weeks. I was in pretty bad shape. The epidural had numbed all the muscles in my lower body that I couldn't even feel my feet to walk. My husband had to take a month off of work to take care of Emma and I because I was so weak that I couldn't even stand long enough to change her diaper. I even had to have a bench installed in my tub so I could shower. But late February, I attempted to work out (I must be insane). I was soooo slow!! And I couldn't even step up once on my stepper at 14" high! I've had a slow recover. And although I can feel my muscles now, I still have numbness in my skin in my lower body.

But I did gain 55 lbs during my pregnany. I also quit working out around 4 months. All I did was walk after that. And I ate terrible. I'm paying for it now. I have lost 35 since February (but I lost 20 lbs in the first week so I feel like I've only lost 15 lbs since Feb). I started dieting in March because I was unable to breastfeed.
I also, just want to wear all the beautiful clothes I have in my closet. I've had to buy so many new clothes because nothing fits me. It's pretty depressing. I've been trying to focus more on spending quality time wtih Emma and my education (I work full time and go to school part time). So I recently began working at 5 am so I have more time in the evenings for my baby and school work. I try to be happy with the success I've had to far, but it's tough. My goal is also to develop better clean eating habits. I really want to be a great role model for my daughter. I want her to see her mother active, healthy and very fit. And I want her to develop good eating and fitness habits. I don't want her to think that it's an option to excersie and eat healthy. I want her to think it's the only option. So I try to focus more on "I'm doing the right thing......I'm doing this for Emma no matter how long it takes", instead of "I only lost 1 lb this month?? I'm so depressed!" Some days I fail and get down on myself but I keep plugging away.
Wow! I can't believe I typed all that and I feel like I have so much more to say. But I'll leave it at that. You're not alone! I'm totally there with you with stuggling to lose the weight. I wish you patience and success!

Jennifercareer:

I am SO sorry to hear about your terrible ordeal! The deliver of my daughter (my first child) was very difficult for me as well. I did deliver her vaginally, although she almost died (she didn't breath and her heart wasn't beating for five minutes). My daughter recovered very quickly, and is a beautiful and very healthy (almost) 3-year old now, thank goodness. Those terrible experiences are very scarring, however, and I was so scared to have another child. My son's delivery was completely different, however. I did end up having a c-section, but overall the experience was very positive.

I think it sounds like you are doing very well! The adjustments are so hard with your first child; it feels like your life will never be "normal" again. However, it does get easier. It's fantastic that you exercise at all, considering your very hectic schedule. Give yourself a break when you have bad days. My current goal to set up a schedule and attitude that I can maintain long-term, as opposed to a short-term weight-loss goal. With my daughter my expectations of myself were too high, and therefore I just stressed all of the time about working out, and eventually just quit. With my son, I want to get back in shape, feel better, have more energy, AND lose weight. Like you, I wish it would come off faster, but I'm trying to stay positive.

Please keep posting whenever & however much you want! I think it really helps to "talk" to people!

Love,
Olliebelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.