Sunday Night Blahs

nastsm0m

Cathlete
Does anyone else get them? I mean even those who are SAHM's or those who work from home. I don't know exactly why but Sunday nights are my least favorite of the week. I don't think it is all do to work week etc. I think some of it is that I don't feel like I accomplish everything I wanted to on the weekend. Like my condo for example...I did not do near what I had planned for cleaning it. Too bad Shelleys post didn't inspire me!

Terri

I know what you mean terri, I was doing the same thing tonight. My husband had to work all day saturday and he was so tired today from the long week, he slept alot. I guess with him working during the week I can't wait till the weekend to spend time with him. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

kim

I'm right with you Terri....

The weekend goes by WAY too fast. Every weekend I have a list of things I want to take care of, but i barely put a dent in it. Then the following weekend I add to my list and the cycle goes on and on....I am sabotaging myself!!!!

Tonight's highlight was Six Feet Under and I'm not even sure I know what the hell was real?
I'm going to have to watch that one again!!!!

We'll have to start a sunday night blahs check-in....LOL!

Tammy

Yup, I'm there too. I totally look forward to the weekend because I am a SAHM and I love to spend time with my DH, but he had to work on Saturday and was not feeling the greatest, so we really didn't do a whole lot and I didn't get much done around here either. Anyway, your not alone!

I get this as well, espeically when I end up working on Saturday, and come home and just don't want to do house work, and they Sunday night I still see the mess and don't have time to completely clean it like I should. And since I'm a bit of a perfectionist, when I clean it has to be perfect, which generally means it takes me forever.

Maybe we should start a check-in or something and only pick two things to do that weekend and get them done, maybe that'll chase the Sunday night blues away.

Kit

yep, know the feeling well. I didn't get them yesterday though because I had to work all weekend, Sat and Sun. I think the reason I get them is just dreading to go to work Monday morning. I like my job but like any job, after you do it long enough, there is a certain dread factor.

Terri,

I always got these blahs and attributed it 110% to having to go to work the next day! Now I am a SAHM (took time to get used to it but now I LOVE it, BTW!) and I STILL get them! Sunday is just a depressing day for some reason!

I am right ther with you guys! I had such Sunday Night Blahs last night that I actually cried! The tears are all part of my PMS emotions, but STILL! I am a widowed SAHM of a 7 and a 4 year old boy, and I'm dating a man who is divorced, and gets his 2 kids every weekend. SO...on the weekends, I plan to spend some quiet time with him, but that never happens, and since we are living in separtae houses, if we stay at one house, then nothing gets done at the other! Selfishly, I feel like I don't get the best of anything or anybody (besides my own kids...I'm talking about SO, the house, the chores, etc).

I am SO glad to hear it's not just ME!

Gayle

Hey Ladies,

Thanks for postimg and your feelings on this. It was nice to see I am not alone on this one. Wendy I thibk you may be right....Sunday is just a depressing day!

Terri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.