Summer check in...Sunday 6-26-05

kmkali24

Cathlete
Good morning everyone.
How is everyone coming along? Enduring the heat I'll bet. It's HH&H here for the next few days.
I walked yesterday and felt like I was walking in a sauna. It felt good tho to be in the sun.
Today is LowMax for me.

Oh by the way this is stupid but I have to share w/ you guys.
Friday I went to pick up the pizza and 2 guys walking in front of me checked me out! They kept turning around &looking at me so I said "hi" and they started flirting! I swear to you that is the 1st time that has happened to me in about 5 years! I know it's silly, it just boosts my self esteem a little bit. DH tells me all the time I look good, but he's biased. Says he's not but come on. Let's be honest.

Have a good Sunday all.
Keep up the good work everyone!:7
Kali

Good morning, ladies!

Kali, good for you! It does feel good to get validation from folks who are not emotionally vested in keeping us happy, lol. Have you done LowMax before? I just got this workout but didn't do it yet.

Today is PowerMax for me. I previewed the workout last night and it looks really fun and doable for me (step newbie), but WOW I will bet that Cathe regrets that choice of attire!!!! Red buttfloss, yikes. :)

Take care,
Marie

Hi Ladies.

Haven't done any work outs since friday when I did the w/u-kicks & punches-stretch of Cardio Kicks and Ctx bicep work and then I took Joey out for (hot and sweaty) half hour walk to the post office. lol

I am busy this weekend so I decided to take the weekend off. 2 days rest won't kill me, right? I hope not! :eek: I am actually not so against rest days like I used to be. I am learning to appreciate them. I hope that my body is too! :)

I am 5 pounds heaver than I was a couple of weeks ago. I don't know why but I hope it goes away. I don't look or feel any heavier so who knows what that is. I am trying to just ignore it so that it will go away! lol ;-) :p

DH and I are going on a cruise in November so I have a good reason to get into shape! I don't want to embarrass hubby when we are by the pool on the ship. :eek: He says I look great for having just given birth 6 weeks ago but you know I want to look a million times better already! I am soooo impatient!

I still can't fit in to any of my pre-pregnancy shorts or jeans! Some of them I can't even pull up over my hips! UGH! I am surviving right now on some of my smaller maternity clothes and lots of "giving" material bottoms. Most of my pre-pregnancy tops are pretty short and pretty tight so needless to say most of them are a no-no right now too so getting dressed is a challenge for me! It's very frustrating. I want to go out and buy a few things that fit me rght but I don't want to stay this size if I can help it so I hate to spend the money so soon! x(

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

Just got done w/ LowMax. I love this wo. Yep Marie. Did it once and loved it from the get go.
Where is PowerMax? I don't see it on the DVD page. I'd like to see it.

Hang in there Wendy. I know exactly how you feel. I bought some clothes last summer after doing Atkins & losing 18lbs. Well, I gained 10 back when I went off it. The clothes fit this year but a little tighter.:( But we're working on that and that's all that matters right?
I know I'm shrinking, but when I go try something on and it doesn't look like I thought it would, UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH!!x(

Stay cool everyone!
Kali

Hi, ladies!

Kali, PowerMax is on the Cardio Hits DVD. I REALLY like this workout a lot, although like I said, the outfits are too funny. (My 13 year old son walked in and said, "Mom, why is Cathe dressed like that???" lol) I did the warmup and the first two combos plus the ab work. The third combo was very complex so I just sat in a pool of sweat and watched. :)

Wendy, try not to be so hard on yourself. It takes a while for your body to adjust to no longer being pregnant. I swear a lot of the weight is just plain old bloat - I also had the hip issue and I did not fit into my jeans for a couple of months afterwards. I would recommend going out and buying yourself a couple of things that actually fit you. You don't have to spend a lot of money (think Walmart or Target), and you'll look better (this is the trick for women who look great after pregnancy, they just buy larger sizes, lol) but more importantly you'll FEEL better. You know, my favorite jeans are a size 10 (I am a 4) bootcut pair from the Gap that I got way back in my larger days, and I STILL wear these all of the time. They are huge and baggy but the most comfortable things that I own, lol. So you may continue to get use out of these things even after you are back to your tiny, svelte self! ;-)

Now I am going to scrub my carpets. Ick. I think I am going to cancel my yard service and get a cleaning person instead. I would MUCH rather cut the grass than do anything involving cleaning products!

Cheers,
Marie

Hi Girls

I love PowerMax. I should pull that out and add it to one of my weight days. I definitely need the extra cardio.

Wendy, I agree with everything others have said. It took 9 months to put the weight on, so it'll take a bit to return to your pre-pregnancy size. However, I'm sure it is aggravating to have clothes not fit right. I'm having the same problem and unlike you I didn't have a beautiful baby.

Marie - I will switch chores with you. I HATE cutting grass but I love to clean. It's a stress reliever for me.

As for me, I am doing well with getting in my workouts but I need to watch my eating more carefully. Yesterday and today I had healthy meals but I had some unhealthy snacks throughout the day (mini ice cream sandwiches, tostitos) I am going to try to keep a food diary. Every time I do it lasts a couple days then I stop. Bu this week that is what I am going to focus on.

Stay strong!
Jessica

Wendy, I can relate to being impatient.. that is my middle name. Give yourself a break, you just gave birth. Your body will go back to its pre-pregnancy condition before you know it. From reading your posts, you are pretty fit so the transition should be quicker than it would be if you were not in such good shape. Read Cathe's bio about her post-pregnancy time. She is truly inspiring.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.