Suggetion for Calendar Entries

crm549

Cathlete
Actually a request for sometime in the future - If it is already possible to do what I am about to ask, please let me know:

The Calendar in Workout Manager.
I would like to be able to add notes to the calendar - notes that I can see when I display the calendar.
The bars that display - DVD, Cardio, Weight, Yoga does absolutely nothing for me. I prefer to be able to actually put and see what I am doing for a quick reference. For example instead of the words DVD, I would like the Entry to Display Body Max 2, Instead of Cardio I would like the entry to display 3 mile run, Instead of Yoga, I would like to see that I am doing Stretch Max Day 1.

As far as I can tell, I have to click on the calendar and then click again on the view edit to see actually what I schedule for that particular day.

So if this is possible, that will be nice. Our own personal calendar on our Cathe MySpace would be better though.

Thanks
Saundra

I totally agree, It would be great to see what DVD we did instead of just the word DVD.I realize that it will take some time to get use to all the changes, it all looks great so far, just becoming more comfortable with it all.

Might be kind of hard, but it might be nice to add whatever premixes are on each DVD too. That might be a little much though. Just a thought.

The problem with showing DVD titles is they're really too long to show in a calendar date. If we did this it would take up the entire date and would not leave any room for anything else. Thus if you wanted to do more than one workout it just wouldn’t fit. As it stands now you just have to click on a date and then click view/edit to see your details for that day. We do graphically show the DVD cover you’re doing on the current date in the “Cathe DVD’s” tab in the WM, so all you have to do is click on the “Cathe DVD’s” tab instead of the Calendar tab to see your scheduled workout for that day. We could also link the title of your DVD to your “MyCatheSpace” if everyone thinks this would be a good idea.

Well, most of us wouldn't list the full title of the DVD. We would use the abbreviations that we hav all come to know. Instead of Body Max 2. It would be BM2. However, it is not just about the DVDs. I want to be able to free form my entries. Instead of cardio, I would like it to say run, swim, or bike if that is what I had schedule for the day.

At any rate, it's not a big deal. Just a suggestion of a feature I would like to have.

Thanks for the response
Saundra

calorie total

I would like to see the calories burned for workouts done on the calender/day where I can see it, or maybe at the end of the week showing the calories burned for the week, again on the calender where I can see it.

Well, most of us wouldn't list the full title of the DVD. We would use the abbreviations that we hav all come to know. Instead of Body Max 2. It would be BM2. However, it is not just about the DVDs. I want to be able to free form my entries. Instead of cardio, I would like it to say run, swim, or bike if that is what I had schedule for the day.

For sure we know the abbreviations!! abbreviations for the Cathe DVDs are part of any Cathelete vocabulary.

Another vote for the abbreviations for the DVDs in the Calendar view. That would allow you to see the month as a whole and I would find that extremely helpful.

Tammy

I would like it if instead of just green and brown bars that the different types of workouts be color coded. Yoga could show up blue, cardio red, weights green, etc. This method would give me a clearer view of what I have planned for the week.

I agree, abreviations would be great on the calendar. And also, I would like for the name of the DVD to be on My Cathe Space, that way people know which DVD I did that day.

At any rate, it's not a big deal. Just a suggestion of a feature I would like to have.

Love these ideas!

This would be a nice option. I use my Microsoft Works Calendar this way, and it allows me to add something like "ME/UB-Premix" instead of just "Muscle Endurance" or the more general "Weights."

If my title is too long, the whole thing does not show up on the Calendar, but it does pop up in a little hover box.

This would be a nice option. I use my Microsoft Works Calendar this way, and it allows me to add something like "ME/UB-Premix" instead of just "Muscle Endurance" or the more general "Weights."

If my title is too long, the whole thing does not show up on the Calendar, but it does pop up in a little hover box.

I really like the idea of having a scrollover that gives more details of the workout, as well as customizeable labels for what shows up on the calendar.
I would also love to see the premixes listed as dvd workouts, and the DVDs that are in my "Other Instructors" profile listed as well.
Are there plans to create weight workout cards for Cathe's pre-STS weight DVDs? I would love to see what percentage of my 1RM I should be using for each workout.
It is really nice knowing how hard everyone has worked to give us a great product, and will continue to weigh and implement our suggesstions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.