Suggestions for weight loss for wedding?

beskinny

Cathlete
I'm looking for some suggestions on the best workout rotation for weight loss. Background: I'm getting married in 16 weeks. I went with my bridesmaids to try on dresses today-I tried on a dress for the rehearsal dinner and the size I needed was a huge reality check.

So...I can lose up to 30lbs. Beyond that my wedding dress wouldn't be able to be taken in enough. I would also love to achieve definition in my arms. I would consider myself an intermediate exerciser. I have all of Cathes DVDs. :) I've been going through her rotations for the past hour but can't decide on one.

Any suggestions?? Thanks so much in advance!!!

The first thing that you need to do is eat really really clean for the next 16 weeks. That means no unnecessary sweets. That means eating enough protein, eating enough good fats like extra-virgin olive oil, avocado oil, and walnut oil. It's up to you what kind of protein you want to eat, personally I would eat mostly organic vegetarian sources.

The second thing that you need to do is to remember to sleep. This is very, very important. For a bride-to-be this is going to be harder to do. But, if you don't sleep well enough you won't be able to control your eating. If you don't control your eating, you might as well forget it. It's all about the diet.

I would suggest a combination of circuits, run walk runs, and a bit of yoga.

Like this:

Day 1: Cathe Circuit of your choice
Day 2: 5 min. Warm up (walk) then alternate

jog ( build from moderate pace to really fast, but don't go above your heart rate max, don't want you to die!) for one minute
and walk for one minute for 25 minutes,
follow by cooling down with a short yoga session of 10 to 25 minutes.

Day 3: Cathe MMA or Bootcamp of your choice (hits arms and core)

Day 4: repeat jog/walk and yoga ( can be a different yoga segment)

Day 5: Cathe circuit of your choice

The method to my madness is that you need the circuits to cut the fat from your upper body and to reveal the muscle underneath, you need the yoga to reduce your cortisol/stress level and this helps you to lose body fat, and you need the jogging to improve fat burning. There's something about running that just makes that come off of my body. It might work for you.

Congratulations! This must be a very exciting time in your life. I hope everything works out really well for you.:D

Last edited:
Wow, that's a good plan suggested by @rapid! Wanted to stress that a low carb diet, not extreme, will do well. But go off closer to wedding so your GI tract can handle wedding and honeymoon food!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you so much, RapidBreath!! I was completely overthinking what I needed to do. Your recommendations for running and circuits are perfect since I enjoy both!! And thank you for emphasizing sleep, something that I don't place enough importance on. Meal planing for the week is in progress with a trip to the grocery store to stock up on clean foods on the agenda for this afternoon. :D

Will keep you updated!! Thank you!

Cathe's 16 Week Maximum Weight Loss Rotation

Hi Beskinny,

I copied and pasted this a long time ago so thought I would share it to give you some more ideas. I am pretty sure I got it here on the forums. I have not done it yet, but when I do I plan on doing some subs to include Cathe's more recent DVDs; for instance: 4 Day Split for CTX, Gym Styles for PS, KPC for Cardio Kicks, etc.
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

Julie

Cathe’s Notes: I think in addition to using my tapes, it’s important to cross train with a variety of activities to get the most out of any rotation. Try this four-week rotation (4 times in a row, totaling 16 weeks) along with the cleanest and healthiest eating plan you think you can stick to.
Remember to eat enough nutritious calories to support your activity level or else you will slow your metabolism down. Good luck and have fun!

WEEK ONE:
Mon..... Cardio Kicks
Tues....PS BBA (Pure Strength Back, Biceps and Abs) plus a 30 minute walk/run interval program. (A seven-minute walking warm up followed by seven/four minutes cycles where you run for 3 minutes and walk for one minute). Then cool down and stretch.
Wed..... Power Max
Thurs....Interval Max
Fri..... Off
Sat..... PS SL&A
Sun..... PS CST Plus the cardio portion of Xpress Step & Intervals.

WEEK TWO:
Mon: MIC (Max Intensity cardio)
Tues: MIS (Max Intensity Strength)
Wed: Off
Thurs: Step Fit
Fri: MIS
Sat: A 40 minute walk run workout. Aim to run more than walk. Then cool down and stretch.
Sun: Circuit Max

WEEK THREE:
The Cross Train Express series in the order of your choice. But separate the Power Circuit video from the Leaner Legs video. Seventh day is OFF.

WEEK FOUR:
Mon: Biking for 45 minutes (if you are including some hills, then 35 minutes). Cool Down and stretch.
Tues: Step Works
Wed: PS BBA plus a 30-minute interval run/walk workout.
Thurs: PS CST Plus the same bike routine as Monday.
Fri: PS L/A
Sat: OFF
Sun: Body Max

Beskinny:

Please, as you work hard to get in the best shape possible for your wedding, bear in mind that this is a feminist issue. Wanting to feel and look good for your own sake and for better health: this is a great goal. Wanting to simply lose a ton of weight for the sake of acing the wedding photos, and pleasing your fiancee: not such great goals really.

Several things spring to mind here:

1) 30 pounds is a lot to lose in the time you have available. Is it realistic? Aim to simply be a healthier, fitter version of yourself as you are now. If you focus on improved fitness and a diet less dripping with empty calories, the leaner you will naturally follow.

2) your fiancee loves the you that you are not some artificial, idealistic, perfectly sculpted version of yourself. Be yourself, stay true to yourself. As you are is the you that he fell in love with and whom he asked to marry him.

3) culture and society in the western world "encourage" brides to reduce themselves constantly: "slim down for the wedding." It needs to be questioned. Where is the parallel industry "encouraging" bridegrooms to do the same? Are you not good enough already?

If I am way off the mark here, then please forgive me. I just can't stand the whole concept of "slimming down for the wedding" and the ways that ideology forces women into unrealistic, idealized versions of femininity that have little to do with real women, with us as we are. I dislike, for these reasons, the fact that Cathe released a video for this purpose several decades ago. I wonder if she ever regrets it?

But I do want to encourage you towards better health and improved fitness because of how great you will feel, because of the better sleep you will get and the stress relief it will bring. I hope you have a wonderful wedding and enjoy your day immensely.

Good luck and best wishes,

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.