Suggestions for Fitness/Wellness Info.

I am wondering if any of you have suggestions of good books, magazines, on-lines sites, etc. that cover new info on health and wellness. I love Cathe's blog articles and devour them each Monday when they are posted. I would like to know of other places to find reliable info. I was looking at some fitness magazines in the store the other day and they just don't seem to have a lot of 'meat' to them for the price. Looking for some opinions on up to date, trustworthy info. Thanks.

Jane, I usually reach for magazines listed by Cafelattee. Hands down onfitness is the best. I also love fitness rx for women. Fitness rx website contain a load of information.
I subscribed rx and will add onfitness in digital format.

There are also websites. I can pm you few links. Let me know if you are interested.

Definitely the above mentioned .....Eric Cressey has a good blog and I like Ryan DeBell's (The Movement Fix - taught me everything I need to Squat) blog/articles and podcast. I lean towards anatomy-type of resources.

http://www.onfitnessmag.com/ This is a fitness mag geared toward the personal trainer. It has science based article and training ideas. I've learned a lot and have reread mine several times kwim. It my only subscription now. I still get the occasional Fitness Rx, Muscle Fitness women and oxygen just cause I'm a big reader LOL

;):D I know what you mean. @Cafelattee
Did you subscribed the digital mag or the print out one? Looking for reviews on the digital/download format.
I am looking to read it on a pad/ tablette.:)

I have come accross coupons for Rx and thought of sharing with anyone interested in gaining
knowledge.
For Fitness Rx women the code is FRXW2017 valid till Dec 31
For Men it's RXMSPRING17.

I went for the print. If it's a combo, I will do digital, but for me, magazines are a ritual with a cup of tea and a cozy blanket and the feel of the magazine in my hands.

I called FitnessRX and they said the coupon is only good in the US. :( The price in Canada for the print subscription is the same as buying individual issues at a news stand, so no advantage in ordering. The kind employee I spoke with noted that the magazine is published seasonly (4 x/yr.), not 6 times :oops: as was inadvertently noted on their website.

Thanks for letting us know, Jane. At least you can get it from news stand. I can't here in Europe. There was time when I could purchase a single issue in big cities but they no longer sell them. So subscription is the only option for me. I don't mind paying full price.

I called FitnessRX and they said the coupon is only good in the US. :( The price in Canada for the print subscription is the same as buying individual issues at a news stand, so no advantage in ordering. The kind employee I spoke with noted that the magazine is published seasonly (4 x/yr.), not 6 times :oops: as was inadvertently noted on their website.

I renewed my subscription today for a year. You are right Jane @Jane Power-Grimm , subscription are issued on quaterly basis.
Coupon does not apply for international subscription. 28 $ for me.

Depending on what kind of articles you are looking for (exercise, food, detox, essential oils, Ayurvedic, clean eating and lifestyle, etc.), I have numerous I look at. Careful, I get down a never ending rabbit hole of good info! And they all recommend other sites. I may have the .com or .org etc wrong:

Mercola.com
FoodRevolution.org (not .com)
FoodMatters.com
FMTV.com (this one I pay for - the only one I pay for and is totally worth it. It is like Netflix for the healthy)
EmpoweredSustenance.com
DrAxe.com
WellnessMaMa.com
MommyPotamus.com
DrHyman.com
TheTruthAboutCancer.com
ChrisBeatCancer.com
GreenSmoothieGirl.com
Susan Peirce Thompson (not sure of her address)
Amy Myers (not sure of her address)
Kris Carr (not sure of her address)

I have several others, but from what I recall, these have a wide variety of articles. Several of these sites have free summits to watch. In fact FoodRevolution has one going on tonight for the next three days and I am currently in the middle of one from DrHyman.com.

What? I have to look into this one. Thanks for sharing;):)

Nathalie - I have never paid for anything membership/monthly (I don't even have cable TV at home and never have!), but this I couldn't pass up. They have documentaries (always being updated), recipes, yoga/exercise (I *finally* found a few Yoga sessions that actually work for me - first time ever), expert interviews, guided programs to follow, support group, discounts. (Note-the exercises are more for relaxation or rebounding, not Cathe intensity).

They have 24/7 customer support chat which came in handy because in the beginning I was having I.T. issues and they kept fixing them right away and gave me a credit. They are based out of Australia

I will say this - if you are not in the USA, check to make sure you will get access to all videos. I recall reading some people in certain countries couldn't access all of the documentaries due to licensing. It doesn't affect me, so I don't know how much of a problem it is - I just remember reading a few comments. But they apparently stayed as members for the other benefits.

Some of the documentaries I have seen before from renting from my library, some are exclusive to them. I swear I watch something from that site at least once per day (usually while getting ready or cooking or in the sauna).

I will say this - if you are not in the USA, check to make sure you will get access to all videos. I recall reading some people in certain countries couldn't access all of the documentaries due to licensing. It doesn't affect me, so I don't know how much of a problem it is - I just remember reading a few comments. But they apparently stayed as members for the other benefits.

Oh thanks for reminder about licensing. It is a real pain in the glute, especially now that I have relocated back to the continental part of Europe! Will do some homework to find out if I can access classes. What genre of yoga do they offer. I am looking for yoga flow or any other stretching without meditation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.