Success has many faces...

jobabes

Cathlete
As I think about success, it doesn't start with fitness, but fitness is a part of all of who I am:

Wife for (almost) 25 years:

From the beginning we have made staying in shape, eating well, and nuturing our spiritual lives as top priorities. I have been blessed to find a life partner.

Mother of 5 (ages 21,19, 15, 13, 11):

Though I gained more than 180 pounds (!) over the ten year span of child birthing, I do not regret one ounce. My children's health (pregnancy and onward) have always been top priority. Thankfully, I am a healthy 150, 5'9" frame, with lots of 'Cathe built' muscle! Showing by example how to eat right and exercise has been key in my mothering. They tell me they could not get up early and do all the 'Cathe stuff' with me, but they have each found their own ways to stay healthy. I am very proud of them.

School Counselor:

Working with 300+ adolescents keeps me on my toes and young, and it demands that I stay in shape physically, mentally, and spiritually. Many I work with (faculty especially) struggle with weight/diet/exercise issues. Most do not want to hear that I keep my shape by eating well and exercising regulary (4-5 workouts each week; primarily 'Cathe stuff') but I share it every chane I get!

I have really been encourged over the years reading all of your posts on these forums. I do not post often, but benefit frequently from the honest and open sharing found here. Thanks to all of you who make the journey of fitness less lonely.

:D

Overweight co-workers seem to NEVER want to hear what works, and they are always sorry they ask! It's too much fun to eat the goodies everyone puts in the break room.

Hey, I've been in your neck of the woods - Mt. Airy. Isn't that where Andy Griffith is from?

Just Do It! :)

Yep, we live in Mayberry...Andy doesn't visit often but he did come last year when a highway was named for him. It's a nice, small, southern town where we Californians have made a good life for ourselves...

And, yes, the break room is always a challenge, especially when they see the healthy stuff I eat!!

Take care...

Joanna

Well, you know the real Mayberry was filmed in California, so you fit right in!

I live in Chapel Hill and Andy Griffith is one of the alumni, so he comes here occasionally also. We don't have too many famous alumni, Michael Jordan, Charles Kurault and Andy are the only ones most people know.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.