STS without Tower/Chin ups?

KellyMarie65

Cathlete
Is it possible to do this program without a tower or ability to do a pull up?
I don't have the room for the tower, thought I would but just don't have enough room.
So, I haven't started STS yet (doing gym styles right now) and just want to make sure I can still do the program even though I have no way to do pull ups at this point.
tia for any info

Modifications

Cathe shows some modifications. I'm doing overhead pulls with a resistance band. If you have a door, they sell bands that hook over a door. In the first week, it was a total of 1-2 minutes, so I'm not that worried about missing out on results.

The bands that Cathe sells on the site come with the over the door attachment thingy, it works great, you just need a door you can close. You can definitely do the program without any pull up bars/towers.

The bands that Cathe sells on the site come with the over the door attachment thingy, it works great, you just need a door you can close. You can definitely do the program without any pull up bars/towers.

Okay, thinking I will start tomorrow. Hubby started today and loved it.

I'll have to look for this.

Ditto on the band recommendation. In fact, I have a pull-up bar but I'm thinking of switching to a band, because I can't do any pull-ups so I've been doing "assisted" pull-ups and chin-ups and I'm not sure how effective they are. LOVING STS though! I'm on Week 2, Meso 1. :)

Week 2 Also!

I'm loving the rotation so far. I ordered 2 sets of platemates for my dumbbells and they arrived yesterday. They really make a difference for the gradual weight increases.

Now to stick with the rotation and be patient enough for results!

Ditto on the band recommendation. In fact, I have a pull-up bar but I'm thinking of switching to a band, because I can't do any pull-ups so I've been doing "assisted" pull-ups and chin-ups and I'm not sure how effective they are. LOVING STS though! I'm on Week 2, Meso 1. :)

Which bands are you using? Do they come with the door attachment?

Oh crud, I'm going to have to get some type of tower for chinups. My husband did disc 2 today and was disappointed that he couldn't do them.

Lots and lots of ways to modify...the resistance bands already mentioned are probably the best and easiest idea to implement. I have a pull up bar with assist bands (ironwoody.com)-they look like huge rubber bands that loop over the pull up bar and help support your weight during the pull up.

There's also the Perfect Pull-up bar that hooks over your door. I set my high-step underneath & do little hops to get me to the top of the chin-up and then hold for a couple of seconds and slowly decline. I just finished Meso 1 and can tell that I'm getting better at the chin-ups.

Ditto!! I'm also thinking about switching to bands. I think I am "cheating" too much with my assisted pull-ups.......

Bought the tower here cause I didn't like the other ones out there, it has a barbell rack which is useful in STS as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.