STS with a wrist injury?

I just started week 4 of STS (6 month rotation, this is my 3rd round of the program) and somehow messed up my wrist over the weekend. I'm sure it will be ok with rest, but the curls today were extremely painful using the suggested weights. My question is - should I rest the hurt wrist and go with the suggested % of 1RM on my good wrist, or should I drop the weight so that it feels comfortable to lift with the bad wrist (i.e., 10 lbs instead of 25 on curls) for BOTH arms?

You should rest it. The same thing happened to me my second time through STS (2013-2014). I had planned to do the full 12 weeks, then come back and repeat Meso 2 & 3 again immediately. I got through the 12 weeks fine (so all 3 mesos), but in the middle of my second round of Meso 2, my wrist got messed up. I tried to push through and it just got worse. I ended up having to wear wrist braces for several months and stop lifting heavy for a while as well. Listen to your body and take a break until it is better. I'm currently in my 3rd round of STS and so far no wrist problems!

I have had 2 wrists surgeries on both hands. Rest!! I second it is very important to listen to your body. I no longer do pushups on my feet to protect my wrists. I look at it as I want to workout for years to come so I do not overuse anything.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.