STS/P90 x hybrid rotation

Zozo

Cathlete
Hello everyone! I know I could post this in the Rotations forum, but I thought it may get more replies here.

I was wondering if anyone has put together/considered a rotation that combines P90x with STS? I haeve complete STS three times and nearly completed my first round of P90x. I have to say, I love them both lots, but differently. Would it be possible to combine the two programs do you think? Any ideas on how you would do this? I'm open to any suggestions whatsoever! :) Long/short rotations... anything :)

Thanks

I have not done an STS/P90X hybrid, but am doing an Supreme 90/P90X rotation. I do P90X weights and S90 cardio following the S90 rotation. I think the Supreme 90 cardio is really great. Short but challenging. The ultimate ball is really great, too. I've always thought the P90X weight segments were the best part of that program, particularly chest/back, shoulders, bi's and tri's and even legs/back.

If I were to combine STS with P90X I would sub out STS leg work for the P90x stuff, and maybe alternate weeks of STS/P90X upper body weight work (or even 2 weeks of STS, one week P90X to avoid X boredom). With the X, I would lift lighter and more reps for Meso 1, and increase weight/decrease reps for each subsequent Mesos. I would also do the STS cardio most of the time and just throwing in a P90X cardio occasionally for variety.

Thanks Geomom :) That is similar to what I was thinking :) However, I was going to use the phase 1 upper body workouts with meso 1, the phase 2 with meso 2, and wasnt sure what to use alongside meso 3. However, I like your idea of alternating weeks of sts and p90x. As for the cardio, I agree...I love kenpo x...but I need more variety than that! :) You can't beat cathe cardio!

If anyone else has any other suggestions... I'd be grateful :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.