STS Legs 1st week

Hello,

I'm back on the STS training kick to get [back] in shape. Unfortunately, I have gotten very weak since I used to train, especially my quads.

When I tried the 1st week leg DVD, I found I could only do a half-hour, and of those exercises, I could only get through a few (at best). My legs hurt for 3 days.

Now that I'm on my second week, should I continue using the 1st week leg workout until I can get through the entire workout, or should I keep going in order with the rest of the workouts?

Please help :(

Thank you,
Gina

Gina...good on you for training again! Consistency is key here. I would lower my weights for legs, all of them on the workout manager for STS. Then start over this coming week and keep adjusting your weights up or down, until you can finish. You can always adjust your weights as you get stronger, but I think its better to finish and build back up then do half the workout.

Also, soaking in Epsom salts is awesome for sore muscles, and its really helpful to have some protein right after a lifting session.

I agree with Dirt Diva that you need to lower your weights. The goal is to choose a weight that allows you to execute the higher reps of Meso 1 with good form. If that's 5 pounds for you, then go with that. If you need to start with no weights, then go with that. Choose what works for you so you can "endure" each workout to achieve the endurance enhancement goals of Meso 1. ;)

Most importantly, definitely do not push yourself so that you injure yourself. Be safe and listen to your body. If you still don't feel that you can safely do the entire workout using lower weights or no weights at all, then don't. Do as much as you can, stay consistent with it, and watch yourself get stronger!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.