STS (Full Program) for Upper Body Only?

Shelbygirl

Cathlete
Has anyone ever done an "upper body only" rotation with STS? I just purchased the entire program (awesome sale, by the way!). I have a minor glute injury right now, however, that is preventing me from doing squats and lunges. I'm hankering to start the STS program and don't want to wait until I'm completely healed.

FYI...I can do all upper body exercises (except deadlifts) without tweaking the glute problem. Right now for legs, I am able to ride my bike (i.e. with Cardio Coach, so it's not a wimpy ride!).

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,
Shelbygirl

I'm interested to see what people with a background in personal training/physical therapy have to say. I don't have any qualifications like that, so there may be implications that I'm not aware of. OK that's my caveat, now here's my opinion! :)

I think it would be OK, based on my experience of exercising during a shoulder injury last year. I could do all lower body, and all isolation exercises on bicep, tricep, chest and back. But any compound exercise that recruited the shoulder was out, including push-ups, and many back exercises. I wasn't sure if it would lead to some kind of imbalance or problem but it didn't. I know your situation is different, you'd be leaving out the Legs dvd's of STS, but doing the upper body and cardio, until your glute heals. In summary, seems OK to me, but what do I know? :confused: Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.