STS Check in

I do all of the pushups on my knees too. Maybe someday I will graduate to toes!
Monday I did Jessica Smiths flat abs walk, icy core 1, and the extended lying stretch from step boss. Tuesday was week 2 of disc 8, Wednesday was Tracie Long reboot volume 2, and today I did yoga relax for my rest day.

Jane, you teach a metabolic workout? Is it like Cathe's metabolic workouts??? That sounds awesome!
Yes, I do get inspired and some great ideas from Cathe! I put my 'Metabolic Monday' workouts together in various ways so to change it up about every 4-6 weeks. But Cathe is a great role model and example - for us all!

I tweaked a chest muscle on Sunday as I was putting my barbell back on my Fit Tower rack at the end of a chest press set in Disk 13 (Meso 2). I was able to finish the workout and. although I could feel it, I was able to do my MetCon workout the next day. But then when I shovelled some heavy snow for an hour and a half the next day - WHOA! It has really been burning ever since. So just getting to Disk 14 today. I am a couple of days behind but needed to listen to my body and give it some recovery time. Hoping today's workout goes well - fingers crossed!

mbg I'm hoping by the end of the program I will be doing all the pushups on my toes.

Jane I hope you recovered from your injury.

Today was Disc. 3 Legs. Whew! This one got my heart up. I can't decide if I want to use the sliding disc for the lunges. I can't seem to keep my foot on the sliding disc. I didn't use the ball on the wall squats I didn't have very good spot to use it with the ball. Instead of going up and down . I just held it and alternated extended my legs. After the workout I did 20 minutes of yoga and walked my dog.

Yesterday I did Disc 3 Legs. Today is Cardio. I was going to go to a Spin class, but I am debating whether my Legs are up to it. I may call today a rest day, and go to Spin tomorrow.

Diane, I also loved Imax 4. It was challenging, but doable.

Carrie, I have almost never been able to match Cathe on biceps. Oddly enough I can usually match or exceed her on triceps.

Among the first 3 discs, I thought the Chest with all the pushups was hardest, and it sounds like that puts me in good company.

I got my FitTowe yesterday and used it for the standing portion. I really liked it, but I have no idea where I am going to store it. Right now I have to workout in the living room. My youngest is a HighSchool Senior. We downsized houses before she went off to college, so my workout room is currently her bedroom. I was planning on keeping the Tower in DH's comic book room (don't ask), but it is actually too big to fit through the doorway completely assembled. I am not sure whether I am up for assembling/disassembling every time is use it, but we shall see.

On Saturdays I do 45-60 min of yoga. Today was Yoga Relax. Tomorrow besides walking is my rest day.

I thought my first week went pretty well. The workouts were solid and got a great workout. I also thought the Chest workout with pushups were the hardest. So far I'm really liking the program.

Monday is Disc 4 and those dreaded pushups.

Have great weekend!

Yesterday I did KCM cardio pump workout 1. Had to switch up my STS schedule for the week since doing legs and then going to Zumba about killed me last week. So I did disc 12 today.

Just finished Disk 15 and week one of Meso 2. Phew! Feels good to have that accomplished. Loving those 1 min. breaks - makes it so much more appealing before I start, knowing those are built in. The pace and cardio demand of Meso 1 makes it pretty tough! I fit in lots of stretching during those breaks which felt great.
With the injury I just couldn't do the pull-ups so had to do an alternative. Went a couple pounds lighter on a couple of moves as I was nervous about making things worse (want the recovery to be as speedy as possible!), but was able to go up to 35lbs for the 1 arm row (on my good side) for the first time! Glad I bought those. They came in handy on the plies too.

So great to hear how you are all making it work, pushing through the push-ups, taking your rest days, fitting in some fun cardio...thanks for the motivation. Great work gals!

Jane that is so freakin awesome you can do a 1 arm row with 35s! I can only do 30s! I hope to be like you by the end of the month haha! Nice work!
Okay....I am so fetching sore in my legs right now it is NOT even funny! Completed Disc 14 Legs and Disc 15 Back and Bis this week. I even had to soak my legs they were so bad. I was limping around like an old lady and my husband has been laughing his butt off at me! Then today I did my Spartan Beast training workout...ugh! I am going to do a good long yoga session tomorrow with my daughter. It has been well deserved. I agree with Jane in that the 1 minute rest is so nice...I always need it and look forward to it every time.

Everyone is doing so well. It makes me happy to see all these great updates! Enjoy the weekend! ❤

;):)Hey, ladies! It's been a few days since I have checked in. Started week 3 last week and had to stop because of my wrist. Going to try to "redo" week 3 this week. I'm really frustrated but don't want to stop.

Here I go again!:D

I do all of the pushups on my knees too. Maybe someday I will graduate to toes!
Monday I did Jessica Smiths flat abs walk, icy core 1, and the extended lying stretch from step boss. Tuesday was week 2 of disc 8, Wednesday was Tracie Long reboot volume 2, and today I did yoga relax for my rest day.
So do I. I try to start out with a few on my toes, then go to knees. Trying to add on one or two each time. Those push ups really kick me.
Just finished Disk 15 and week one of Meso 2. Phew! Feels good to have that accomplished. Loving those 1 min. breaks - makes it so much more appealing before I start, knowing those are built in. The pace and cardio demand of Meso 1 makes it pretty tough! I fit in lots of stretching during those breaks which felt great.
With the injury I just couldn't do the pull-ups so had to do an alternative. Went a couple pounds lighter on a couple of moves as I was nervous about making things worse (want the recovery to be as speedy as possible!), but was able to go up to 35lbs for the 1 arm row (on my good side) for the first time! Glad I bought those. They came in handy on the plies too.

So great to hear how you are all making it work, pushing through the push-ups, taking your rest days, fitting in some fun cardio...thanks for the motivation. Great work gals!
AWESOME! WOW! 35 lbs on your one arm row! That's impressive. I have done 25.

Hi Everybody!

Today I started my second week. Disc 4 chest, biceps shoulders. I still did some of the pushups on my knees and they added more pushups too! I might have to switch some of the pushups and do some chest presses. I also did ab circuits #5, followed by 10 min of yoga.

Tomorrow is cardio.

Started week 3 last week and had to stop because of my wrist. Going to try to "redo" week 3 this week. I'm really frustrated but don't want to stop.
So sorry that the wrist injury has persisted, Nicki.
Great idea to redo the week! Thanks for that suggestion. My chest muscle injury was healing (again) but then last night I seemed to have tweaked it for the third time, this time while teaching a class and doing just a couple of push-ups. (moral of the story - let a muscle heal completely before working it) So I definitely can't do Meso 2 week 2's serious chest work right now. Perhaps I will do the other two disks and then next week do a 'redo' and repeat the week in its entirety once I am back in fighting shape! Thanks again. I too was discouraged and not too sure how to approach this. I definitely don't want to give up!

Hey all! Completed Disc 16 yesterday with some abs and a 4 mile run. Today I have Disc 17 for legs planned and I'm not gonna lie...I'm not looking forward to it because of the soreness I experienced last week. Oh well...onward and upward through week 2 Meso 2. May tack on some spin, but I'll see how I feel!

Sunday I did disc 10 & went to Zumba, Monday was fit split low impact cardio & abs. Yesterday I did disc 11 and had a massage after work, so today was a rest day with Jessica Smith total stretch and step boss chair stretch.

Hey all! Completed Disc 16 yesterday with some abs and a 4 mile run. Today I have Disc 17 for legs planned and I'm not gonna lie...I'm not looking forward to it because of the soreness I experienced last week. Oh well...onward and upward through week 2 Meso 2. May tack on some spin, but I'll see how I feel!
GO PENNY!!

Hi everybody! Today was disc 6 Legs. My legs feel like jello after the workout. I'm going to be sore. From reading others post it seems that the Leg workout gets harder with each disc. I also did ab circuits #3 and followed by 10-15 min of yoga/stretch. The yoga felt great especially in the lower body.

Yesterday was cardio. I did the mixed cardio in Cardio Fusion followed by 20 min of yoga.

Tomorrow is Yoga. Which I'm looking forward to especially after today's workout.

Have great weekend everybody!!

Conquered Disk 17 Legs today. Whoa! Sweat flying everywhere. I hadn't done that workouts since Jan. 2017 (3 years!). Don't know what I was waiting for. So well structured. I have been cautious and put it off for a couple of days till I got my nerve up but ended up being able to go heavier than last time I did the workout. Great how STS challenges us to go beyond what we think we can do. Progress little by little...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.