STS BODYROCKERS WEEK OF JULY 15TH

Good morning!!

I went to church Wednesday so all I did was pushups, 120 of them!! No, not 120 straight, I did 30 & rested, 30 more & a longer rest, then did 60. Just wanted to see if I could still do them since that challenge I did a while back. Thursday was Pump Revolution & 20 minutes of Bliss Hips. Yes, it worked after I cleaned it, so glad!

Katie, what shoes did you decide on?

Kris, great lower body workouts, can you walk today? :p

So Wendy, what did you decide to do? Bliss Hips is different, I thought it was a little weird at first. I didn't chant, but later it got better. I guess it is true traditional yoga. I really liked the hip openers, that is my most inflexible area. I will try to do the whole thing over the weekend or very soon.

Have a great weekend Everyone!!

Hi ladies!

No workout for me yesterday. I had to get up at 4:45 a.m. to take my sister to the airport and I went on to work from there. I was exhausted last night! I usually get up at 5:15 am (okay...5:20 :D) to workout but that extra 30 minutes did me in yesterday. Plus, I went to bed later than usual Wednesday night. Anyway, i'm working from home for a bit this morning and then taking this afternoon off. I think it's time to switch up my workout routine, so i'm going to go swimming at the YMCA in an hour or so, and then maybe hit up a yoga class at a local yoga studio. If the yoga thing doesn't workout i'll come home and have a nice time with Bob and YFTW. :eek: :p

Wiggie: Holy moly!! 120 pushups, yowza!!! That's very impressive. So glad your disc worked after you cleaned it. :) I decided on the Ryka Transpires (I found them online for $38 - and that includes shipping and tax). I'm hoping they arrive soon!!

Wendy: I vote for a rest day. :p;) It sounds like you've got a lot going on. Is it weird that I love food shopping? LOL! :eek::p Thanks for the heads up on the running shoes. And you're 100% right, I do need to get fitted. :) P.S. i'm getting a pedicure this afternoon. :eek::eek::eek:

Kris: Nice job with LBB! I've only done that one once or twice but really liked it (and had yummy DOMS). :D :p Smart to keep taking extra special care of that shoulder.

Hi Bridget!

Hello Again.:)

Well, Katie will be happy to hear that the rest day won out. No work out for me! :p LOL

Instead I went food shopping and made tomorrow night's dessert which is this::

Tiramisu Recipe | MyRecipes.com
I think it's going to be yummy!

Soon it'll be time to get started on dinner which is this::

Smoky Spice Rubbed Grilled Salmon with Black Beans and Corn | Skinnytaste

My w/e work out plan is all about the gym...cardio, abs and upper body! Thinking upper body tmrw and cardio/abs on Sunday. :) I probably won't have much in the way of yoga time so traditional stretching will have to do until Monday...*sigh*...:(

Wiggie:: Fantastic job on those push ups! 120 of them is no freakin' joke! You are awesome! :D Yeup, I told ya Kundalini yoga is wierd. :p It took me some definite getting used to but the more I do it, the more I love it and I do it all now-the chanting, meditating, etc-the whole ball o' wax! I have a definite appreciation for it and hope I stay motivated to continue practicing long term-both Kundulini and the more "traditional", not so wierd ;) Vinyasa yoga as well. :)

Katie:: Sorry about the lack of sleep. You just might fall asleep in the pedicure chair this evening! :) Yoga at a studio!? Good for you! :D Swimming is a great work out! Lots of Catheletes are becoming TRI-athletes! Will you be the next one!? ;):) That IS wierd that you love food shopping though I must say I don't mind it now that I like to cook. Shopping for a new recipe is motivating! So when will you be visiting a running store? I'm excited for you!

Last edited:
Yesterday's swim felt great!! It was a nice change of pace. The pilates class was just okay. I have a groupon for 5 classes at that studio, so I'll probably finish it out and move on. :)

This morning I did Butts and Guts. Holy crap. I haven't done the whole bloody workout in forever and I about died! :D

Now DH and I are on our way to a wedding in Paducah Ky. We've got a four hour drive ahead of us and I'm not looking forward to it. :( BBL or tomorrow to catch up on personals. Have a great weekend gals!!

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday got away from me - so no workout - but today I did Crossfire Plyo and Firewalker tabata premix and then Disc 11 (back and triceps) :) Definitely had some DOMs from LBB on Thursday, love that. I'm not sure what I'm going to do going forward, if I'm going to stick to the rotation for the 3rd month or do something else. I'm going to go visit my hubby in Texas in 2 weeks, so trying to figure out how to get the most bang for my buck (so to speak) these next couple of weeks... Thoughts? I'm really proud of my eating - first time I think I've ever eaten this well/clean for any length of time. My weight has dropped pretty steadily, hopefully that will keep on. :)

Wendy - Great workout! I love how you mix it up so much, great job! Your menu sounds delicious!

Wiggie - wow!! 120 pushups??? Holy moly, how are you feeling now?

Katie - Great job with the swim - and with B&G! I've only done that one a time or 2, tough tough one! Hope you have fun at the wedding.

I'm off to Phoenix for some shopping - some clothes, some house stuff, some food shopping (Trader Joes:). Hope you all have a great day,

Kris

Good Morning. :)

Feeling the LF work out from y'day for sure! My cardio was 35 minutes on the tm. I intervalled walking inclines with running flats. It was a good work out.

Today will be yoga with a short cardio to warm me up.

Katie:: That sure is a looong drive for a wedding! Was the wedding atleast fun??

Kris:: Thanks. I have to mix it up or else I get bored. I think that's why I am so bad at following pre-set rotations. My attention span is about the size of a six year old's when it comes to my work outs! :p I did that CF premix not that long ago. It was a goody! Have fun visiting your DH is Texas!! Is he there now?

BBL or ITAM!:cool:

Good morning All!!

Friday’s workout was Body Rev wk #1. My daughter wanted to workout with me & that’s what she chose. Saturday we went out of town to celebrate Bailee’s birthday(she’s 4) & went to a hotel with a pool so she & we could swim. She had a ball!! Of course she got lots of presents from everyone, which is very important to a four year old!! :p Sunday’s workout was Insanity Max Interval Plyo.

Katie, that was a great price on the Rykas!1 How was the wedding!! Great workouts by the way!!

Kris, great job on the clean eating!! Can you give me your menu for a typical day of eating? I’ve never really sure of what is considered clean eating. How exciting, a trip to Texas to visit DH!! I know you can’t wait!!

Wendy, good job on your varied workouts, shock your body right!! Glad your shoulder is better. I know what you mean on trouble sticking to a rotation. I would love some generic rotations set up with your particular goal in mind.

Have a great day All!! :D

Ok, my work out is done and it was fantastic!:D

Next up: bowling with DS. :)

Wiggie:: Sounds like a fun Birthday get away your GD had with you! Joey loves the pool too. We took him to an indoor hotel pool once to pass time when we left for vacation a day earlier then the rest of our group one year and he had a blast as well! Yep-I much prefer generic rotations that allow me to plug in the work outs I want to do, when I want to do them. :)

BBL!:cool:

Bowling was fun. DS had lunch there-pizza. I behaved and ate at home before we left. Now DS is across the street playing/swimming with his friends.

So the 2 new Kundalini yoga dvds I had ordered last week arrived today while we were out! Going to preview them with a cup of coffee in a few minutes and now you all know atleast part of my work out plan for tmrw morning! ;) *insert happy dance here!*

Hey BR'ers!
Vacation was a blast!

Went to a family reunion for a week camping with 20 of my closest family members from around the country about 30 miles north of Lake Placid NY. We go there every summer, usually the week before Ironman. Ironman has always been a curiosity for me, this year, I went to the expo with my SIL, tried on some Newtons (too much $$) Zoot recovery sandals (ah!) and looked at bikes, wetsuits, and sampled nutrition supplements. The participants were picking up their gear in really cool IM backpacks. They were selling IM shirts, sneakers, just about everything with the logo. My SIL refused to buy anything IM unless she actually completed one. I will be the envy of my spinning class with my IMLP water bottle however.

My SIL is a runner, and recently competed in a HM in Buffalo last month. She invited me to run with her, I didn't want to, after all, I'm slow... But I did and found that she was not much faster than me- and with her, I finished my first 8 mile run, and it felt good! She doesn't run much faster than my 11 minute mile, and we kept a nice pace together.

There is a lake our cabins were on- my 10yr old daughter, niece & nephew swam across and back for the first time this year (my husband does this every year). It is about a mile total forward and back. I admired my little girl for being fearless in the water- I was happy to swim back and forth from the dock to the raft a few times- didn't do that before. Maybe next year

I cannot believe I am going to Cathe RT on Friday- I am excited, yet nervous... can I keep up with everyone else? Can I keep up with Cathe? Do I have that many changes of workout clothes?!? How can I justify leaving my family for the weekend?

I promise a full report when I return!

Bridget

Good morning!!

Monday’s workout was Pump & Shred(45 min) + Bliss Hips hip openers.

Wendy, bowling with DS, that sounds like a lot of fun!! I haven’t bowled in years. Let me know how you like your new yoga dvds.

Bridget, your vacation sounds wonderful!! I know you will rock the road trip, be sure to give me all the details when you get back!!

Hi Katie!!

Hi Kris!!

Have a great day!!

Good Morning!:)

Recently finished doing one of my new Kundalini DVDs called Fat Free Yoga. I enjoyed it!:D Now it's time for a shower and food shopping. I have an appointment at 2:30 this afternoon. I should be outta there in an hour and it's only a few minutes from the gym so I think I'll try to fit in some gym cardio before I head over to pick DS up from camp later!

Bridget:: Sounds like vaca was a blast and now you are off to the RT this weekend! How exciting! Enjoy!

Wiggie:: Good work outs! So did you just do the Hip Opening segment of Bliss Hips? Nothing else?? :p I bowled on leagues from 18 years old into my midish thirties and never got very good so I finally gave up. It was too frustrating for me. I am only bowling now because my DS has taken an interest in it. My DH is an avid bowler though.

Ok, gotta be off and running now-BBL!:cool:

Hi gals!!

Sorry I haven't been around. I spent Sunday recovering from Saturday's festivities and prepping for the week, yesterday preparing to travel for work, and today actually traveling for work. Plus after I got back today I had to pick my Sis up from the airport. Geez, I'm tired!

I didn't workout Sunday but did the past two days. I'll report all my workouts tomorrow. :) Just wanted to pop in and say hi! ;)

Hi there ladies,

Sunday I did 4DS Kickbox cardio only PM and Ab Circuits - No equipment one. Yesterday was High Reps :) Today, I haven't done anything yet, but still may at least get some abs done. I'll report in tomorrow on that:)

Wiggie - Great workouts this weekend, and I bet Bailee's birthday party was fun! A clean eating day in this plan is easier than I thought - an example day recently was breakfast- a smoothie made just with blueberries and skim milk along with a piece of whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter; lunch - a couple cups of fresh greens, 3 oz of grilled chicken, a few whole wheat crackers and a couple tablespoons of sliced almonds. Dinner - an egg scrambled with spinach put into 1/2 a whole wheat pita, along with 1/4 of an avocado. You can also have a snack on the plan I'm following - an it could be a piece of fruit, some type of plant based fat and protein (so maybe some nonfat plain yogurt, raspberries and some almonds layered like a parfait). Oh, the plan also includes 1 piece of dark chocolate every day - just a square or so (around 70 cal worth). I haven't had any soda (diet or otherwise), and no artificial sweeteners or added salt. Drinking lots of water and also some green tea. It's an adjustment, but I feel really good (and I've lost about 8 lb since I started). The plan I am following, if you're interested in looking at it, is by Cynthia Sass (she's an RD) - it's called "SASS yourself Slim" (Sass is what she calls the spices she calls for on the foods to liven them up). Sorry that was so long - but it's a pretty workable plan, really pretty simple - focuses on each meal consisting of "puzzle pieces" - lean protein, produce, plant based fat, whole grain and then the "sass". :) Of course, it's probably easier for me than usual because my DH isn't here, so just buying food and prepping it for myself...

Wendy - how fun to go bowling with your DS! Glad you got your new Kundalini dvds - I love getting new ones, it always re-energizes me:) Great job eating before you left the house too, and resisting the pizza!

Katie - wow, you've been busy busy, great job getting workouts in with that schedule!

Bridget - welcome back - and have an awesome time at the RT, can't wait to hear about it!

Have a great evening everyone,

Kris

Fun run yesterday was just that- I did about a 10 1/2 minute mile- which is fast for me. Today my right hamstring is on fire- I may pull out one of Cathe's stretching workouts from STS to get the kinks out- already got up in the middle of the night for some Aleve.

I'm taking a rest day today- tomorrow is my STS class and starting Friday is RT- where there will be no rest ;)

Katie- I've been to Paducah KY- had some friends there about 20 years ago. Glad you joined the Y I love my Y! (Do they have spinning? TRX?)

Kris- clean eating is on for me as well- did not like what I saw on the scale after returning from vaca. (Vacation was a consumption fest) I also felt overfed & sluggish.

Wiggie- I'm assuming Pump & Shred is Jillian Michaels (she is the shred queen) I saw you had received a bum dvd- that happened to me once with STS- didn't realize it until I hit Meso 3- SNM replaced it very quickly.

Wendy- in the 80's I won a contest "Bowling with the Fabulous Thunderbirds" The were a one hit wonder band- the event attracted strange women to the bowling alley- the band members were old and gross- and I wanted to leave before the game ended- I punched up something on the electronic console that cleared out everyone's score and reset the whole game- they were not happy with me I left pretty quick. That's what I think of when I think of bowling!

Take care all!
Bridget

Good morning All!!

Yesterday’s(Tuesday) workout was Afterburn, then about 15 minutes of LIChallenge & Low Impact Tabata from CrossFire .I’ve decided on this rotation; Monday/weights, Tuesday/cardio, Wednesday/yoga, Thursday/weights, Friday/cardio, Saturday/weights & yoga & Sunday/cardio & yoga. This way I can fit in everything I want to do.

Yes Wendy, I only did the hip openers, :eek: but in my defense I plan to do the whole thing today, well at least an hour, not sure how long it is. I ordered Fat Free Yoga today!! :) As for the bowling, you did give it a good try, the only thing I was good at was gutter balls!! :p

Kris, thank you for all the details, that sounds completely doable, except for no sweetners. That is what will be hard for me. I just ordered the book from Amazon. & good job on the weight loss, that is awesome!!

Bridget, Pump & Shred is from Les Mills Pump. I bought the set at the end of last month, I really like it! I can understand why you left the event so quickly, hilarious!! :D

Hi Katie!!

Have a great day Everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.