STS Bodyrockers Week of 3/4! :)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies.

This place was like a ghost town at the end of last week and now no one has started the new week's thread. I hope I haven't lost you all! :(

I was supposed to do AB y'day as my final work out before my first recovery week for this rotation but I have managed to catch what is hopefully only a cold but wasn't up for AB just the same so I did 45 mins of Turbo Barre + Yoga Relax Premix #2 instead. Today is my rest day. So long as I am well enough, tomorrow I will do the portion of Turbo Barre that I left out yesterday which was the Ballet Barre Leg Conditioning segment (yes, the most painful part of the work out!:p).

Saturday I did Low Impact Challenge as per the rotation...every stinkin' bit of it! I skipped NOTHING! Not even any of combo 4! :p I fumbled through it like crazy :rolleyes: but didn't skip it!;) After the confusion ended (lol) I did Yoga Relax premix #1.

Friday I believe I posted about already but I will repeat it since no one was around to read it. :p It was supposed to be TBTS Upper again but I wanted a change so I did 4DS All Upper Body Weights Premix (67 m). WOW! It was killer! :eek:

K, that's all folks! Hopefully y'all decide to come around today coz I really hate talkin' to myself! :p

Lator Gators!:cool:

Good morning All!!

Friday's workout was HIIT 30 on the rebounder, Saturday's workout was 20 minutes on the bike, Ripped to the core by Jari Love, haven't done that one in a while & Sunday's was Cardio Strength, I did that one with my daughter. She stopped after 30 minutes.

Wendy, I couldn't have you talking to yourself! :D I guess you've noticed that I have once again strayed from the rotation. :eek: I told you I have rotation ADD! :p

Since I am doing WW, & I don't lose with STS, I'm doing total body weights instead of splits. I am going to try to go back to the rotation. But of course you know I will have to fit my new workouts in!! :)

Have a great day All!!

Last edited:
Wendy- talk to yourself no more, we're here! I couldn't be more available last week- after driving home from the funeral, I caught a pesky cold. I did not work out Wed-Sun, and on Saturday, I took a long nap for 3 hours in the afternoon and felt amazing since! I am still a bit rattled in the chest, not bad enough not to spin in the morning- my instructor is leaving for Scotland on Thursday for a long spell- I may have to find my own fitness alternatives in that time.

Wiggie- what day is your weigh in? I weigh in on Wednesday, my home scale is looking good, I'm hoping I can keep that going til this Wednesday.

Not sure what is on tap for tomorrow- stay tuned!

Bridget

Wiggie:: I will never judge someone for "straying" when it comes to rotations as I have been called THE EXERCISE A.D.D. QUEEN! ;):p I am considering straying myself after this recovery week so you are not alone! Just don't tell Katie, ok? LOL SHHHH! ;)

Bridget:: Oh the wonders of a nap! Glad you are feeling better! :) Unfortunately I now have a cold. :rolleyes: Atleast it came on at the same time as my recovery week though. Couldn't ask for better timing!

Good morning Ladies!!

Yesterday's workout was 1 of the Short & Sweet workouts & half of More Cardio Strength. I liked them both.

Bridget, glad you're back!! My weigh in is also on Wednesday morning. My scale didn't move much this time. I'm thinking less than a pound.

Wendy, thanks for understanding, & your secret is safe with me!! :D

Good Morning.

I did Yoga Max this morning in full. Wow. It's been a while since I did yoga like that and I could tell! :eek::eek::eek:

Nice work outs Wiggie! No gain on the scale is a loss in my book! Great job! :) TYVM for keeping my secret for me. ;)

:cool:~Lator Gators~:cool:

I should know better than to wait until 5am to decide what the WOD is going to be. This morning it was the stay in bed workout! Not because of any illness, injury- but because of laziness. There is something to be said for pre-planning your rotation ahead of time.

To avoid the same misdeed tomorrow, I've already reserved my spin bike for tomorrow morning. What am I going to do when my instructor goes out of town for 10 days???

take care all
Bridget

Hi gals!!

Sorry i've been MIA. My life has been C.R.A.Z.Y. lately! Let's see....

We've "gone active" with the adoption, meaning the agency will start showing our family profile to birthparents looking for an adoptive family. Very excited, very scary. Can someone give me "mommy lessons" because I have no freaking idea what i'm doing, lol! :confused: ;)

The weather around here has been insane. Last Wednesday 12+ tornados hit Ky. Thursday was sunny and almost 70 degrees. Friday massive storms and another around of tornados (office closed, all schools let out early, storm shelters/basements, etc.). Luckily my immediate area missed the worst but communities near us were destroyed. I feel so bad for these families. THEN, to top things off, yesterday (Monday) it was 30 degrees and we got SIX inches of snow. WTH?!?!

During all this insanity i've somehow managed to keep up with my workouts. I can't remember my last update, so i'll just give you the latest. Sunday: Disc 13 (chest, shoulders, triceps); Monday: Step Moves + AC: Stability balls; Today (Tuesday): HiiT 30/30 + AC: Yoga-Inspired.

Wendy: Oh no! We can't leave you here talking to yourself! :p I find Yoga Max to be soooo tough! I know that sounds weird. :eek: I often get crazy leg DOMS from yoga. :rolleyes: I'm kinda a yoga-newbie though, lol! Still feeling any DOMS from that 4DS: Upper Body premix? I don't do that often, but when I do it is killer! P.S. I didn't see anything about you straying from the rotation. ;)

Bridget: I'm so glad the funeral went well! Wait, that sounds kinda weird, but you know what I mean! :) Maybe you can spend the 10 days your spinning instructor cross-training your cardio (kickboxing, step, HiiT, etc.). I'm glad you're feeling better!!

Wiggie: Excellent workouts!! What's Cardio Strength? I haven't heard of that one. I love that your daughter works out with you. You're such an awesome role model! No worries about your rotation ADD. You do what you gotta do! ;)

Katie- glad ur ok but i heard all about that weather!
Wendy- I think everyone is over at myfitnesspal.com food journal lol
I usually check in there but I sometimes get turned off because some people really over obsess about there food and it shows! I think that is unhealthy and it just makes me not want to post. I believe that journaling your food is helpful to see where ur at with food and your habits. Check it out its all cathe girls;)
Bridget- Hi love those stay in bed work outs..i dont have that option with these little ones who wake up 5-6am!
Ok girls back home from a short vaca and enjoyed food and lack of exercise but back at it this am! So trying to get into spin, eats will be healthy. I have school work due on Friday I must figure out how to get done. Thursday run, friday swim, sat group run, sunday work! I tried to do a body rock short and sweet work out before a swim but feel like I am not getting the full bang for the buck swim because I am fatigued. So I am going to try this week to only do swim, bike, run with out weights.
ok have a great one girls

Good morning!

Today's workout was Disc 15 (back and biceps) + AC: medicine ball abs. Tough workout! For some reason, the back/bicep workouts are as mentally taxing on me as physically taxing. :eek: :rolleyes: I'm only able to do 3-4 negative pullups/chinups and I SUCK at preacher curls. I'm thinking about adding in an extra day of pullups and DTP biceps per week. Hmmm....

Erin: Glad you're back!! Great workout plan for this week. :) I hear ya on MFP. I love it over there BUT the food obsession can be a bit much at times. I LOVE your fundraising page! That's fantastic!!

BBL! :)

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day Ladies! Get your minds out of the gutter now, m-kay? ;):p:D

Today's work out was Turbo Barre Ballet Barre Leg Conditioning Drills that I skipped earlier in the week + ALL of STS extended stretch!;):D

Bridget:: Think of the 10 days yours spin instructor will be gone as a time to try new forms of cardio! Push the limits of your comfort zone!

Katie:: The style of yoga done in yoga max is definitely tough! It just has different levels of tough depending upon how it's done! Don't be embarrassed that you find it difficult!!! I did yoga for months faithfully and it was ALWAYS a challenge! As it should be...just like any other work out that you do! :) Wow-scarey/crazy weather you had for sure! Glad you and yours are safe. OMG how exciting that the adoption wheels are really turning now!!!! I felt the same way leading up to the birth of my son. I was a nervous wreck because I had no idea what to do or "how" to be a mom!:eek: Well trust me, the natural mom instincts kicked in darn quick! Ofcourse there were things I had to learn like how to change a diaper, bathe him, etc but I caught on quickly and it felt completely natural. You will be fine! :) TY for not "scolding" me for considering changing things up. I love the rotation but my exercise A.D.D. is begging for a change for a little while. I may change up for a month and then return for month 2 after that!;)

Erin:: Welcome back! We missed you! Glad you are enjoying your training and busy as always! I hope you can get your school work done in time! TY for the invite over to myfitnesspal but I don't use the program and really have no interest in a check-in based on food. If I were still in weight loss mode I would definitely consider it but not now...Thank you though! :)

Guess that wraps it up for me for now!

BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Last edited:
Morning.

Yoga Based Ab Circuits and 15 minutes of Yoga Max for me...

Hey, if most of y'all are involved in the check in over at MFP and prefer it to this check in, I will understand. I'd rather let the check-in "fold" then keep coming back to an "echo" IYKWIM so just let me know what everyone would like to do. :)

BBL :cool:

Hello again.

Okay so I am changing up again for Month 2 of the rotation. At first I was going to just bail completely but I've thought better of it. I want to do all barre type work outs for my resistance training so I was initially going to set up a rotation of 3 days of barre and 3 days of cardio alternating. Well then I decided that I would miss AB too so I started thinking of how to incorporate it once a week. That lead me to the best idea! I am just going to replace the 3 weekly weight work outs with Barre wether it be upper, lower or full body. I won't split upper like the rotation does. I'll just do 2 complete upper body work outs for those weeks. I will also be inserting the cardio BUM BUM from BBL in place of either CSS or S&G each week or maybe adding it on to S&G could work too!

The work outs I will use for this are:

All three Squeezes (Squeeze, Squeeze Strong, Squeeze-Lower Body Challenge)
Tonique Premier
Brazilian Butt Lift
Turbo Barre
Booty Barre

I'm excited to get started!:D

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday- crazy day!

Wednesay WW check in- lost 2.4lbs! I didn't weigh in the week before because I was out of town, but I ate bad things while I was out of town (Buffalo wings anyone??) and I exercised... I am 1.2lbs away from my BMI being in the green zone, and no longer classified as overweight!

Spinning last time yesterday, yes Wendy, you are correct- I will need to change up my cardio! So, in lieu of spinning tomorrow, should I sleep in or do something like Intensity!?

I did TRX this morning- and am blown away by how much stronger I have gotten, especially in my core region. Tonight is my first swim lesson (spending alot of time at the Y!) Maybe like Erin, there is a Tri in my future too? It would have to be the way distant future....

Wendy- I wouldn't beat yourself up for adjusting your rotations- they certainly aren't set in stone, you are going with the flow, listening to your body and doing what feels right.

Erin- when I am home, will have to check out your fundraising page- (can't do it at work) living vicariously through you!

Katie- Woo Hoo on your adoptive process! There are no mommy lessons, it is pure on the job training- they will teach you! I plan on doing some different cardios- never did HiiT before, maybe that will be next? Which one should I start with?

Wiggie- fingers crossed for the weigh in!

Bridget

Bridget:: There are so many Cathe cardios to choose from. You can't go wrong. Just pick one that you enjoy! :D Enjoy your first swimming lesson! How exciting! I can swim but not well. Perhaps I should consider taking lessons as well. It's a great work out! ;) I've also toyed with taking karate...so many choices so little time! :p How awesome that you are noticing great results from TRX'ing and congrats on the weight loss this week! WOOT!:)

Hello All!!

It's been a crazy busy week here, won't go into detail. Pretty much only spinned the last couple of days, will get back on track today, I promise!! :p I had a small loss this week, only 0.4. I'm sure it will be better next time, positive thinking right? :D

Katie, I agree with Wendy, the mom thing will come naturally. I can tell you are so ready to love that child, he or she is very lucky!!

Congrats Bridget, you are doing a great job with your weight & workouts!!

Wendy, you know I understand when it comes to changing up a rotation!!

Welcome back Erin!!

quick check in to say that swimming kicked my butt! It is a lot of coordination with the arms movements & breathing- I thought I was in decent cardiovascular shape, but this was tough.
the instructor was a sub- she describes freestyle as a calm, peaceful feeling on the water, with your head & neck relaxed- arms doing the correct thing- I want that calm! I think I can dig that, but there a chance I may be demoted to the beginner class from the intermediate class. I would be okay with that!

Good night all!

Bridget

Good morning All!!

I haven't been sleeping well this week & I feel exhausted!! My workout yesterday was HIIT 30 on the rebounder. I took some allergy meds last night to see if that would help since that makes me feel tired also, but I'm pretty sure it's the lack of sleep. So glad it's Friday!!

Bridget, good job on doing something new, swimming is an awesome workout!!

Hope Everyone has a great day!!:D

Good Morning. Happy Friday! :D

This morning was supposed to be a rest day but after 3 days of "recovery" work outs I just couldn't bare to do NOTHING this morning. Sorry. :p

So I ended up doing BR's 20 min interval cardio :D and Stretchmax segment #1. Good stuff! I'm ready to roll back into the rotation starting tmrw! ;)

Bridget:: Glad you had a good first swim class.

Wiggie:: Hoping you can catch up on sleep this weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.