STS BodyRockers - August 2012

ricklyk1

Cathlete
Happy Monday!

Sorry i'm such a bad check-in pal on the weekends. I sit in front of a computer all day during the week so I tend to boycott the computer on the weekends. :) Saturday we had our second adoption yard sale. We didn't make as much money this time but i'm still thrilled with out results. Overall we raised about $500 between the two yard sales. All the money is going towards hotel costs (we have to stay in a hotel for 10-14 days = EXPENSIVE). :)

I was so exhausted from the yard sale on Saturday that I didn't feel like working out at all! It was bloody hot (and muggy)! I finally sucked it up Saturday afternoon and did Step Moves (short, sweet, done). ;) :p Yesterday I did S90 Lower Body + the bicep and lower back sections from another S90 workout. My bum is very sore this morning, so apparently the lower body workout worked, lol! I'm off work today (unpaid furlough day, boo) so i'm going to go to the gym around noon for a 30 minute bootcamp class. After that, i'm going to do an upper body circuit hitting chest, back, shoulders, and triceps. Good stuff (I hope).

Wendy: Sorry to leave you hanging this past weekend! :eek: I always enjoy the HR premixes! That's such a great workout. You're going on a cruise?!?!? How exciting!!!! Where are you "cruising" too? Did you find a dress to wear?

Kris: Awwww I hope you're having a great time in Texas with DH! ;) Safe travels coming home!

Wiggie: Nice job with the Tapout XT workouts! I seriously considered buying that set, but now i'm kinda glad I didn't. I almost did a mud run this past summer (the time conflicted with a prior engagement). Maybe next year we can both do one!! :) The gym is nice for a change of pace (and scenery).

Good Afternoon Ladies!:)

Happy Monday? :p

This morning's work out was a 3+ miles run with Grace and ITread 30 mins #10 at the gym plus obliques and upper abs on the machines. When I got home I did the 49m Kundalini Body Electric premix called "New Nerves". Good stuff. :)

Katie:: We are cruising to Bermuda right out of Jersey! Should be fantastic! Been to Bermuda 2x (though many years ago) and it's a lovely island! Can't wait to go back and see it again!!!:) Nope, no dress. I waited too long. :( Oh well, realistically I have enough but I just wanted something new! It's okay though coz on Saturday mama got herself a new pair of shoes! Woot! :D Oh and then y'day I went back to the clothes store and bought a few tops instead. I needed something to match the new shoes you know!!!;) Glad you did well on your second yard sale though the adoption agency should be paying for your hotel stay if you ask me!!! S90 Legs is a freakin' KILLER lower body wrk out in short time! WOW! Kinda reminds me of "Meaner" Legs that regard!;)

Guess that's all for today...heading to the bowling alley with DS and then going to a fair tonight with DS, DH and my mom and her SO so I doubt I'll be back before tmrw morning...

So have a great one ladies!:cool:

Good afternoon All!!

I started another thread, don't know how I missed this one, oops!!:eek:

Friday's workout was Fire 55 EZ, Saturday's workout was HIIT 15 & Sunday's workout was STS wk 1 D 1.

Kris, I know you & DH are having a ball in Texas!!

Wendy, How did your hair turn out? A cruise sounds wonderful!! I have never been on one, DH says I would love it. He wants us to go on one soon. Yay, on the new shoes & tops!! Shopping is my favorite sport!! :D Good job on your run!!

Katie, no worries, I sit in front of a computer most of the day also, so I'm kinda slack on checking in on the weekend too! Any money made at a yard sale is a success in my book. You did quite well with your workouts, especially with all you had going on. I am going to use STS to train for the mud run, I have until 9/24, (that's the last day to register) to change my mind.:p

Hi Bridget!!

Hope you're all having a great day, it's raining cats & dogs here!!

Last edited:
Good morning All!!

Monday's workout was All Step from CTX, I did the cardio portion twice then I did the extended stretch. My hip/back area was hurting a little from doing a lot of lifting, but after the stretch I felt fine.

Katie, that would be great if we do a mud run "together". :p

Wendy, so glad you were pleased with your hair. :)

Have a great day Everyone!!

Good Morning Ladies. :)

This morning I did the shorter lower body premix from High Reps (skipped the abs though) + CTX KB cardio only wearing weighted gloves + XFlowsion:: Calm Down Dog. This work out kicked my tushie, which should, BTW, be sore tmrw!;):p:D

Wiggie:: Sounds like you and I both had CTX on the brain this morning!;) Glad the stretch worked nicely for your hips and back.

That's all for now.
BBL!:cool:

Hi girls!

The internet has been spotty today. :confused: I "checked-in" earlier but as soon as I hit submit the internet cut out, explorer shut down, and my message disappeared. :mad: Not cool internet, not cool! :rolleyes:

Today's workout was Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Cardio Kick/Step-Boxing. Not a fan. :( I wish Netflix had other KCM workouts available. I think after work i'm going to go to a 30 minute bootcamp class at the YMCA with my sis. My upper body is sore from yesterday's upper body circuit so i'm going to use lighter weights and concentrate on the cardio factor as opposed to the weight/toning factor.

Wendy: I'm very jealous of your cruise. :p It seems like all i've done this summer is house/animal/baby-sit for friends/family on vacation. No, i'm not bitter I swear! :p:eek: I'm glad you get a little "retail therapy" in this weekend. ;) I love retail therapy; so much cheaper than an actual therapist (most of the time, lol).

Wiggie: Nice job with All Step! I enjoy that workout a lot. Great idea to do it 2x through. I haven't done CTX in awhile, and now you and Wendy are making me think I need to add it into my next rotation. I love how we both started a new thread and called it "August 2012" instead of referring to a specific week. Great minds, my friend, great minds. ;):D

Hi Bridget!

Hi Kris!

Good Evening Ladies.

Went for my mani/pedi this afternoon but stopped in to buy a new belly button ring before my appointment since there's a tat/piercing shop conveniently located right across the street! LOL I've been saying I wanted a new ring in my BB for a while now and finally vacation prompted me to finally get one! As much as I have darkened the door of various tattoo/piercing shops to get 4 tattoos and have my bb pierced not once but twice...I still feel wierd and get nervous about going into those places. I'm such a dork-wad sometimes. I swear!!!:D:p:rolleyes:

Katie:: So you didn't care for Kelly's Step Boxing either huh? Her step ANYTHING and me do not get along AT ALL!!! :eek: Sorry about the cr@ppy internet service earlier today. I hate when that happens. Yep, retail therapy is FABULOUS! I make sure to get some as often as I possibly can! ;) I posted a pic on FB today of the new shoes I just bought that I mentioned here as well as 2 other pairs I purchased this summer if you wanna take a look-see!:)

Good morning!!

Tuesday’s workout was the lower body only premix from HR,(thanks Wendy) & Yoga Meltdown by Jillian Michaels. I love YM hadn’t done it in a while, it’s 30 minutes like all her workouts.

Katie, I noticed that about the threads we started too!! :D I hate it when the internet does that, the rewrite is always much shorter. :p How was the Y?

Wendy, so you have 4 tattoos? I’ve always toyed with the idea of getting one but chickened out every time. :eek:

Have a great day All!!

Good Morning.:)

I think today's work out will be a short cardio and yoga.

Much to my surprise I don't really have much if any DOMS from y'day's work out. I have a full body LF work out schedule tmrw so I hope the DOMS doesn't decide to arrive on day 2!!!:eek:

I picked up a groupon last night for 10 fitness classes (yoga, pilates or trx) at a studio near me. I bought it to use for TRX classes. I'm so excited!!! Great deal too- the deal offered was 10 classes for $25 which was good to begin with but I had a coupon in my email from Groupon offering me $15 off so it only cost me $10! Can't beat that!:D

Wiggie:: Great work out! Did you do the shorter HR premix like I did or go for the gusto and do the long one? I've thought about getting Yoga Meltdown but haven't yet. I keep hearing it's good so I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point! Yup, 4 tats. They are all pretty small though. I have one on my butt (flower/butterfly design), one on my hip (the word "Bad" with some decoration around it), one on my lower lower back (flowers and a fairy) and one of my foot (sunflowers and lillies of the valley). I got them in that order. Hey, getting a tat is an intimidating thought so someone chickening out isn't surprising! I would've chickened out on my first if it weren't for my friends I went with. In fact, if not for them I would not have even CONSIDERED getting one that day! We only went there so I could look around and 4 hours later (thanks to my friends)- I was in the chair! :eek:

Last edited:
Okay - my work out is done! :D

CSS Express 1-4 Premix
and
Kundalini Bootcamp Yoga Flow and Core Power mix that I created myself. (50m)

Good stuff! Time for lunch now! BBL!:cool:

Good morning!!

Rest day for me Wednesday! My girlfriend from the Cayman Islands is home, so I left work a little early & we went shopping & out to eat at Olive Garden, one of my favorite restaurants!

Wendy, I did the 34 minute one that included abs.

Make it a good one!! ;)

Good Morning. :)

Today's plan was supposed to be a full body LF work out but after "checking in" with myself post-work out y'day, I decided against it. I think a yoga-only day is an order. Actually, a rest day is due today but I am putting it off until Sunday when we leave. I'd love to work out that morning but realistically speaking, it probably won't happen so I might as well make it my scheduled rest day!

Tmrw is re-slated as f/b LF and then on Saturday I may give TTM in full a shot if I feel up to it. If not, I will probably hit the gym for a run...

Wiggie:: A girl's only outing - how fun! Wow - I haven't been to an Olive Garden in years! I recall it being yummy though! :)

That's all for now but I'll be back!:cool:

Last edited:
Morning!

Yesterday's workout was STS Disc 14 (Legs - no deadlifts) + 4DS: Biceps and Triceps (3 out of 4 rounds). Today's workout was Amy Bento's Advanced Step Workout. Fun stuff! The steps were complicated, but I previewed last night so that helped. I was still stumbling around at times but I enjoyed it nonetheless. ;) Depending on my mood after work I may go to the 30 minute BC class again at the YMCA with my sister, just for fun. :p

Wendy: Smart to listen to your body. ;) What yoga did you decide on today? Wow, excellent groupon steal! I can't wait to hear what you think about TRX. Ooohhh i'm loving your tats! I've got one - a rose on my upper back (on the right). I've been toying with the idea of another one but it has to be in an "unseen" place because of work. :rolleyes: Now wait...I thought you liked KCM? Maybe just not her step workouts?

Wiggie: Yay that you got to spend time with your friend. I LOVE Olive Garden. I went there for my birthday this past May. Yum! I didn't hear you say ANY good things about Yoga Meltdown. *Fingers in my ears* lalalalalala! :p;)

Hey, I'm back and my work out is done.:D

I did an XFlowsion trio of Body Blast, Amazing Abs and Calm Down Dog. The work outs ranged from 23 to 27 mins each making a total work out time of 76 mins. It was just enough for today...:)

Not sure what else is up for today. I don't have any sort of plan as of yet...I guess I'll do stuff around the house until DS starts buggin' me to take him out somewhere...:p

Katie:: At one time I was actually toying with purchasing an Amy Bento step work out thinking foolishly that I might actually learn it! Well, it didn't take long for me to think better of that idea! LOL :p Nice work outs for you! Yes, I like KCM but I hate her step stuff-both the regular step and step kb too.

Good morning ladies!

Got back from TX on Monday as planned, time went too fast, had a great time. Work, work, work since I returned, but I have managed to get in a few workouts - I did Timesaver #1 on Tuesday (step from SJP and then chest and triceps) and Timesaver #2 on Wednesday (mix of step from StepBlast, hi/lo from SJP and back and core). Just the right length for me to get them done (around 40 minutes each) and get sweaty. :)

I tried to check in on Friday with my Ipod touch when DH was working, but I typed a big long message and it wouldn't submit (not cool Ipod touch, not cool :eek: (I like that one Katie)

Wiggie - What a great day planned with your friend! Love that! Sounds like you've been getting some great workouts in! Great job! Love HR, I have YM too, haven't done it in a while, will check it out again soon:)

Wendy - oh my gosh, your cruise sounds fabulous! How fun, I've never been on a cruise, I hope you have a wonderful time! Wow 4 tattoos and 2 bb rings! You're one brave girl! Sounds like you have got in some great workouts as usual too, I love to see what you mix together!

Katie - glad you made some money with your yard sale, every bit counts, I can imagine that stay at a hotel would be very expensive, you must be soooo excited! Great job with your workouts too, you've got some great ones in as usual too - love that you enjoy the complicated step... I would have probably sat down on the step and just watched - lol :eek:

Hi Bridget!

Hope you all have a great day!

Kris

Good morning All!!

Thursday's workout was Pump Extreme min(45 min), I felt tired when I got home so I rested for about an hour after dinner. That cut into my workout time.

Kris, glad you're back!! I knew you would have a blast, bet you were not ready to come home! Great job with your workouts, you jumped right back in!! ;)

Katie, you didn't hear me so I'll say it again, loved Yoga Meltdown!! :p

Wendy, it's almost cruise time, yay!! :D

It's Friday so no workout for me today. :) I went to the bootcamp class at the YMCA yesterday after work. Overall, it wasn't as intense as usual except for the ab segment at the end. Yowza! My abs are sore this morning. I've been slacking a bit on my ab work lately (Wendy I need you to yell at me here :p) and I can definitely tell a difference.

Wendy: Nice yoga trio from the mish-mosh queen. :p;) I enjoyed Amy's step workout but, you're right, it's very complicated. So what KCM workouts would you recommend? I've heard good things about her 30 Minutes to Fitness workouts, so maybe i'll check those out.

Kris: Welcome back! Glad you had a fun, safe trip. Nice job getting in those workouts. Aw geez I HATE when I lose my typed-out-and-beautiful post! Extremely frustrating (and it has happened a lot lately :mad:). We're very excited about the adoption. I just wish we would get "the call" now (i'm not the most patient person in the world....can you tell? LOL!).

Wiggie: You bad influence!!! :p;) *off to preview Yoga Meltdown* Nice job with Pump Extreme! If I was tired like that I probably would have sat on the couch and watched the workout instead of actually doing it. ;) :eek:

Come back Bridget! We miss you!

Good Morning. :)

This is full body LF work out today's plan:: Bikini So Teeny Workout : @LovingFit

Not sure about add ons yet...

So the DOMS from HR LB decided to show up y'day and I can still feel it today (in my arse)!! :eek: Should make today's work out interesting! ;)

I plan on starting to take my Groupon TRX classes when I return from vacation! I can't wait!!!! :D

Kris:: Glad you had fun in TX with hubby. The Timesaver dvd is a good thing to have around. It's great when you don't have a lot of time and is it's own little don't have to think abou it rotation as well! Can't lose that way! :D Oh and btw...so that you don't think I'm a wierdo - I got my bb pierced twice but I don't have 2 rings in it. LOL I got it pierced, took it out when I got pg and neglected to put it back in so the hole closed up and then a couple years ago I decided to get it re-pierced! ;)

Wiggie:: Great work out! Speaking of resting - I think I need to take a nap before I work out and it's only just after 9am! :rolleyes:

Katie:: I have several of KCM's 30mtf work outs and like them all. Without looking at my collection- Split Sessions is probably my fave for weight work. TLC is cool for cardio. Bootcamp is a great circuit work out. Give one of them a try and let me know what you think! Like I said - I hate her stepping style but like everything else she does. :) Sounds like you definitely need to step up the ab work there girly! :p I may seem like I'm slacking as of late on it too but I'm not. 99% of my yoga work outs have ab/core work hidden in them somewhere even if I don't mention it so I'm good! ;)

Alright, I am stalling on my work out over here...Let me get moving and I'll be back when I'm done!:cool:

Last edited:
Happy Friday ladies :)

Continuing on my Body Blast timesaver plan, I did Timesaver 3 (step from Step Blast and (biceps) yesterday and did 4 (kickboxing from KPC and shoulders) today.

Wendy - that workout looks like a great one, and love the name too! And lol on the bb clarification:) I just figured you were that brave!

Katie - enjoy your rest day! You deserve it:)

Wiggie - great job with Pump extreme! Sounds like a good one too!

Tonight I'm going to my sister in laws birthday party... she wanted Thanksgiving style breakfast meal, so my mother in law is making turkey and all the fixings... sounds yummy, but poor MIL, it's 115 here, don't you know how hot the house will be? Anyway, I'm planning to eat decent, but boy I love stuffing:)

Have a great evening,

Kris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.