STS Bodyrockers -April :)

Here is my post from y'day afternoon-the last one on the other thread....

Hi Wiggie. :)

Today is a rest day.

Last night's work out was a goody! Planks, push ups, balls, ropes, cable machine, dumbells, kettlebells and the list goes on! I swear the man is trying to kill me! ;) I go back on Saturday morning for a small group training class. Last night was one on one. :)

Tonight I am headed back to the gym to go over sales techniques some more and hopefully he'll have my internship paperwork ready for me. Fingers crossed! :p

Nice job on your work out! :) I used to have that Susan Chung dvd. It never clicked with me so I sold it. I think I might be the only person who DIDN'T like it! :rolleyes: So when is Addiction due on your doorstep? :D

That's all for now. BBL or ITAM!:cool:

And this morning I did 15 Burpees, JNL Fusion Lean Legs + Kiss My Abs and TF Stretch 10. :)

Hi there!!:cool:

Wendy: I received Addiction Thursday & did disc 1 that evening, I enjoyed it alot. The music was pretty good. She doesn't chat much except to cue. And in JNL style, she changes the moves every 30 seconds. :) I didn't workout today, I had to go to Charleston today with DH for a Dr appointment. I didn't start a new thread because we were supposed to think of a new name.:rolleyes: Oh well, I guess that gives us another month to think of one!:p

Hey Wiggie,

Yeah, I'm pretty much blank on a new thread name as well. :confused: Maybe next month!:rolleyes:

This morning was a small group training class at the PT Studio. The largest class I've participated in thus far so he had 2 separate circuits going at once. You went through one several times and then switched to the other. When that was done we did yet a third circuit which everyone was able to do together! Awesome azz kicker of a work out! :eek:

Glad you loved Addiction! :D

A dr's aptmnt for DH? Hope all is okay!

Happy Saturday and BBL!:cool:

Hi ladies!

Love the new thread name! :D ;) hehe. I'll try to think of something too. :)

Well, I'm home from Texas. Safe, sound, and very tired. I've been unpacking, doing laundry, grocery shopping, etc. The usual. :). I did workout today - Step Blast. What a fun workout! It was the perfect steady-state workout to readjust after vacation. I'll be back in the morning for personals (I'm on my iPad).

Talk to ya soon!!

Good Morning. :)

I have a JNL work out on tap for this morning before Church. I think it's a cardio circuit routine of some type...Tmrw night I go back to the studio for another small group training class.

This afternoon we are going to my SIL's for dinner to celebrate a couple of Birthdays in the family.

So I went to the gym to p/u my internship p/w y'day afternoon and the goofball trainer I am working with left it at home!:rolleyes: Thankfully I had planned to spend a little time there working on sales so it wasn't a waste of time. He is leaving for a week on a biz trip tmrw morning so he is SUPPOSED to leave the p/w at the front desk for me to p/u before he goes. Fingers crossed that he doesn't forget!:confused:

Katie:: Welcome home!:)

BBL!:cool:

Hello All!!;)

Saturday's workout was Addiction Disc 2 & Sunday's was Power Hour. I really like Addiction, it's unlike any other workout I have.

Katie: Glad you're back! :) Good job on Step Blast, way to go jumping right back in!!

Wendy: That pt workout sounds crazy tough!!:eek: I certainly hope he doesn't forget your paperwork again!:mad: How was dinner? I ordered ZCUT Power Yoga, I told you I'm out of control!!:confused: Hopefully that's all for a while.:rolleyes: I made 100.00 selling dvds on Amazon!:) I am going to list a few more.

Hi gals!

Thanks for the welcome back. :) Yesterday's workout was XTrain Bis and Tris + abs. Wow, what an awesome workout! It was my first time doing this one, and I loved it. Intense! I've got a Punch class scheduled for 5:00 pm today. The class usually includes pushups at some point, and it will be the first test of my shoulder after my rest week. :confused: I hope it's better!

Wiggie: Nice workouts this past weekend! What's Addiction like again? Is it a workout series or just one workout? My brain is still on vacation. :) How did your DH's appointment go on Friday? I hope all is well. I'm still racking my brain for a new check-in name....

Wendy: Here's hoping your paperwork is ready and waiting for you this evening! :) So glad to hear you are enjoying JNL. Is it heavy lifting? Or more endurance? Do you have another Combat rotation planned soon? I still need to purchase that... Wow, your PT circuits sound hard, and fun! :p Keep at it! ;)

Good Afternoon! :)

Y'day I decided to skip JNL's cardio circuit work out and do the next work out on the rotatation instead (yes, that darned ADD is kicking in again!:p) so Upper Body Total Transformer it was! Great work out-as they've all been so far! ;)

Today I slept in so no work out but tonight is another class at the PT Studio!

Oh and the trainer at the gym actually remembered to drop the internship p/w off before he left on his trip :p so I'll be picking that up tmrw evening I think! :)

Wiggie:: Congrats the amazon selling spree profit! Love that! I need to find time to put more dvds on Ebay myself because I'm out of Ebay $$ to have fun with. JNL took the last of what I had! Booh! LOL

Katie:: I have done XT B/T (or atleast half of it anyway) and you are right-it's a goody! Glad you liked it! Enjoy Punch class-hope that shoulder is okay now! All of the weight work in the JNL series is set up as a weights n cardio circuit. You do one weight move and one cardio move for 30 secs each 3x in a row (that equals 1 circuit) before moving on to the next pair. There are 6-8 circuits in each work out from what I have seen so far and they all hover around 30 mins in length. You can go as heavy or light as you want with the weights. What I have been doing is going pyarmid style--picking a starting weight load and upping it every time the circuit repeats itself. I am loving the increase in intensity each time I do the exercise! Makes it very challenging but doable! On the dvd they go fairly light so their rep speed is pretty quick. The heavier I go, the slower I go but since it's timed reps as opposed to counted reps it matters not! I have no set plans for another Combat rotation though I have been throwing them in here and there for fun. When you purchase the set though perhaps we can do the rotation together!:)

Last edited:
Good Morning.

The small group training session last night was a repeat of what we did on Saturday which was fine. It's an azz kicker and it was easier on the brain to remember the moves of a routine I had already done. :p

This morning I think I will do the JNL cardio circuit that I skipped the other day.

Howdy!

Yesterday's Punch class was a killer! I had sweat dripping in my eyes in the first 15 minutes. :D This morning I did XTrain: Low Impact HiiT + 5/8 of Stretch Max 3. I never seem to allot enough time to do an entire SM segment, lol! My muscles have been feeling super tight since I got back from vacay and SM felt amazing. I may sneak in a yoga day soon.

Wendy: Rotation ADD - hehehe! It makes me laugh every time. :D:p;) Thanks for the JNL description. It sounds awesome! Do you have a fav JNL workout yet? Yeah, I was kind of hoping we could all do a Combat rotation together...when I finally buy the dang program, lol! Maybe we should re-name our thread "Azz Kickers". Inappropriate? Probably. But I tend to border on inappropriate most of the time. :D:rolleyes::) YAY that the trainer left your paperwork for you!! That's so exciting. You're going to be an amazing PT.

Hello Ladies. :)

Today was 17 burpees to play catch up on my FB Challenge plus JNL Crazy Circuit Cardio and TF Stretch 10.

Crazy Circuit Cardio was circuits of cardio and standing abdominal training. I liked it.

Katie:: The owner/trainer of the PT Studio says most stretching is uneccessary in most cases and that if it IS necessary- stretching the way you and I have been taught to do it is can be dangerous! Even worse- he hates yoga!!!! WHAT!? :eek: He has shot down almost every stretch I have shown him that I do! It's like I've entered an alternate universe when I step inside that studio! Most everything I've learned is not used/not allowed in that studio! Crazy and Confusing!:confused: So in other words...don't feel bad for not completing SM in full! ;):p I say to heck with "appropriate". AZZ (or maybe A$$ instead?) is not a bad word spelled that way. Let's try it. If SNM says something or deletes it then we know better for next time! ;) OR we call it BUTT KICKIN' BROADS instead! LOL So give me a heads up when you are getting ready to purchase Combat so I can try to plan the end of whatever "rotation" I am doing...if you can even call it that! :p Thanks for the vote of confidence re: PT'ing. I sure hope you are right!:D Glad you kicked some serious butt in Punch class! Woot!!!!

Good morning!

Well, my shoulder is still sore from Monday's Punch class. I think it is just muscle soreness, but I didn't want to take any chance so I skipped my upper body workout this morning and did Cardio Super Sets + Medicine Ball Abs instead. I substituted other exercises for most of the pushups in CSS. Just to be safe. I'm going to try to work my chest/back/shoulders tomorrow.

Wendy: NOOOOOOO! The stretch is my favorite part of every workout! Did the owner/trainer say why he hates yoga? Does he not personally like it or does he think it is not beneficial? What does he recommend to improve flexibility? I'm just curious. :) I love stretching my lower body in particular. I've always had extremely tight hamstrings/quads. Now that i'm more flexible I find lower body workouts to be so much more enjoyable. Excellent job kicking butt with JNL! ;) Standing ab work rocks! :p I probably won't purchase Combat for a few more months - until my groupon for the kickboxing gym run outs. But i'm looking forward to our Combat killer rotation! Butt Kickin' Broads - hehe, I like it! Or, another play on that, Butt Kickin' Beauties! What do you think Wiggie?

Good Morning Ladies. :)

REST DAY! :D I got to sleep until almost 6am this morning! Woo hoo! LOL

Katie:: I too hope that the sore shoulder is just muscle related. The pt studio owner/trainer almost never advises people to stretch their hamstrings. He says that most of the time, tight hamstrings are caused by something else so if you just stretch them then you are not really solving the problem. OTOH, if you correct the REAL issue then the hamstring tightness will ease on it's own. For example-one reason hamstrings could be very tight is because, as he so eloquently puts it "you have a weak azz"! :D Meaning the hams are firing when the glutes should be so if you strengthen the glutes, the hams will stop needing to work so hard and the tightness will ease. This leads into "corrective exercises" which are assigned to solve problems such as weak glutes/over-active hams. One example of a corrective exercise for that is the stability ball bridge! Very interesting stuff! A lot of what he hates about yoga is how twisty it is b/c a lot of the poses are unnecessary/potentially harmful for your body. Interesting stuff but between you and me-I am still going to stretch and do yoga when I leave his studio because I like it! :p SHHHH! Don't tell ok? ;) Maybe down the road if I really learn and understand the ins and outs of it then I will decide to stop stretching the "old fashioned way" but for now...old habits die hard! :rolleyes:

K, that's about all the time I have for now! I will try to get back at lunch!

Last edited:
Good morning All!!

Sorry that I haven't posted in a while, Tuesday I went with DH to another appt. Also I have been having trouble clicking on this thread at times, at work & at home.:confused: As for DH he's pretty sick & will have to have extensive treatments that I won't go into, I don't want to be depressing. Just keep us in your prayers, please. My workout Tuesday was Hip Hop Abs, it was 19.95 so I bought it, I told you I was out of control.:eek: Wednesday was Power Hour again. I've always loved this workout, especially the ab section. I think tonight's workout will be Addiction disc 3. Wendy, I saw JNL Fusion infomercial twice this am, I'm still going to get it, just not right now.:rolleyes: Your trainer is the first I ever heard of that doesn't believe in stretching. I know for a fact that it helps me in many ways. Katie, sorry that your shoulder is still giving you trouble, I was hoping the rest would fix that. Have you tried applying heat? Great workouts both of you, I think doing a Combat rotation is a great idea. I'm glad you two thought of some names, cause I still got nothin!!:p Have a great day!! :)

Morning,

Well, today hasn't been my day. :confused: I did XTrain: Chest, Back, and Shoulders. The good news, the shoulder held up well and so far it isn't sore or painful. The bad news, my performance this morning was dismal. I haven't really worked my chest/shoulders for 2-3 weeks, and I could tell a difference in my strength. I was missing reps and lowering my weight all over the place. AND, to add insult to injury, the scale is up and my pants are tight. Not cool. :( I'm hoping it's just the residual effect of vacation. I've been eating okay this week (not perfect, but better) so hopefully the scale will start to go down again. I don't usually care what the scale says if my clothes are fitting properly, but I do use it as a guide to help keep on track. And right now the scale AND my pants are letting me know there's a problem. ;)

Wendy: Interesting thoughts from the pt owner/trainer. I do agree the twisting in yoga can be very dangerous if done improperly or if you have pre-existing conditions. But, I must admit I love twisting moves. It feels like i'm giving my insides a firm hug. :) I'm super jealous of your rest day. Enjoy it! and thank goodness mine is tomorrow. :D

Wiggie: I'm so very sorry to hear about your DH. I'll keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure this is a trying time. If there's anything I can do please let me know. I've applied heat to my shoulder in the past. I may try another heating patch today. I think it was just muscle soreness from Punch class earlier this week. My shoulders have been on vacation way to long. ;) Ya know, I may give Power Hour a go next week. It sounds like a goodie.

Good morning!!

Thursday's workout was Cardio Groove from Hip Hop Abs. Shaun T is so funny & sort of goofy, very different from Insanity. Lots of fun though. If you remember I was looking for some dance workouts a while back, this fits the bill nicely. It's been on sale for a while, I just wasn't interested. I ordered it from BB, so it came with a bonus workout. It's about 10 different workouts with lengths from 5 to 45 minutes.

Katie: I appreciate your prayers, thank you!! Sorry about the scale & pants.:confused: I never weigh right after vacation, I always wait a week or two when my eating is back to normal. I'm sure the weight gain is temporary, & so is the loss in strength.

Wendy: I hope you enjoyed your rest day. :)

Hi girlies!

Today is my rest day. :) Yahoo!!!!! I just had a whole freaking rest week, so I do not know why i'm so excited about my rest day, but I am. :D

Wiggie: Nice job with Cardio Groove! and cheers for getting it on sale! I always love a good deal. :) Dance workouts are so much fun. I have a few hip-hop workouts featuring Jennifer Galardi. I look hilarious doing them, but they put a smile on my face.

Hello Ladies. :)

You can call me a liar coz I didn't come back at lunch yesterday like I was supposed to. :eek: Work is so busy that sometimes my brain is just too fried to concentrate on posting. :confused: Not complaining though b/c I LOVE being busy finally!!!! :D

No dance work outs for this lady! I have tried a few in my life time and I am so uncoordinated that they just frustrate me! :mad:

This morning's work out was a JNL Triple Header comprised of her 10 Min Total Body, Speed and Agility and Kiss My Abs! :D I also did 23 burpees as that's what I owed for the monthly fb challenge! ;)

Katie::
And right now the scale AND my pants are letting me know there's a problem.
I feel your pain girl. The scale is up for me too and although my pants still fit, I can tell the difference and I don't like it! :mad: I'm with you on stretching/yoga and don't see myself giving it up any time soon even though I have very little time for it any more! :( I am sorry you are upset about the strength loss but considering the circumstances, I am sure that Wiggie is right-it's only temporary. Unless I am doing a specific weight training rotation where I know I want to try to go up in weights (as I did in STS), I never worry about my strength. I pick weights spur of the moment that I think will challenge me the way I want to be challenged and then I will switch them out during the work out if they are not the right choice. Half the time I have no clue what I used the last time I did the same work out so I can't be disappointed! :p Oh and you are excited about a rest day after a week off b/c it's a work day and you got to sleep in!!!!!:D

Wiggie:: Prayers for your DH and hugs to you!!!! I am sooo sorry that you both have to go through this! :( Shaun's Body Rock is one dance work out I tried. Some I could do. Some I couldn't. If I wasn't frustrated then I was bored so I sold them. Oh well. :rolleyes: Glad you are having fun with Hip Hop Abs. Just the name (Hip Hop) means I wouldn't be able to do them. Sounds like you need far too much rythm and I don't have it! :p

K, lunch is almost over...BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Hi Girls. :)

This morning was a group training session at the pt studio. Good stuff...as usual. You get a kick azz work out and your feet never come off the ground! :D

Heading to mom's for dinner later.

Have a great Saturday!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.