STS Body Rockers - Week of June 3rd!

itsup2me

Cathlete
Hi there ladies,

Just got done with TBT Upper Body. It had been awhile since I did that one, so I enjoyed it! It's on the rotation again later this week too, so I'll get to enjoy it again in a few days:)

Hi Wendy - congrats to your son on the Karate yellow belt! Great job on Disc 2 and tabata:) Way to go!!

Hi Bridget, Katie and Wiggie!

Hope you all have a great rest of your weekend!

Kris

My first Tri today! Okay, I was volunteering, supporting my friends, and handing out water- but it was my first time witnessing one. It was a sprint.

I think I can do the bike and run, but the swim was quite intimidating. It was at our local Y- which is on the beach. It rained all day yesterday- so the water was cold- the weather was perfect though this morning, sunny, slightly cool and warmed up nicely by mid morning.

The swim looked so daunting- a half mile swim, out to a big orange buoy, then making a right turn then to another orange buoy, then back to the beach. There were boats & kayaks everywhere along the route. The fastest swimmers were very fast- moving like there was no problem. I had the most respect for the slowest ones though- they persevered and even the ones who came in last, came in strong.

Everyone finished the race.

My spinning instructor was there- she asked when I was going to join them. I really need to get more comfortable in the water first. A year ago this wouldn't even be a possibility for me- now I am really considering doing this next year!

Bridget

Hi ladies!

Well, yesterday's adoption yard sale was a success! We made over $300 (shocking!). I'm thrilled! Our plan is to use this money to help pay for gas or plane tickets, and hotel costs (we have to stay in a hotel for almost 2 weeks before we can bring the baby back to Ky). We got a few last minute donations we were not able to pick up in time so we are thinking about having another yard sale in July. It's a lot of work, so we'll see. :)

It's been a crazy busy weekend, i'm exhausted! :confused: ;) :p Friday I did 4DS: Bootcamp cardio only + 100 mountain climbers + most of Stretch Max 3. Saturday I rested (kind of, lol) and today I did STS: Total Body (no bonus burns).

Wendy: Congrats to your son!!!!! Yellow belt, that's fantastic! I only had 45 minutes to workout on Friday so I didn't do YFTW. I'm making out my next rotation tomorrow and i'm definitely including it soon though!

Hi Wiggie!

Kris: Nice job with TBT: UB! I really enjoy that one too. :)

Bridget: We posted at the same time. ;) The Sprint Tri sounds AWESOME! I've decided i'm doing one next year for sure! :) I guess i'd better learn to run a 5k first, lol! How sweet of you to volunteer. I'm sure your friends really appreciated the support! :)

I'll BBT to catch up on personals! :)

Last edited:
Good Morning!:)

Yesterday I did a 30 minute cardio at the gym consisting of a 10 min flat fast mile, 10 mins on the stairclimber (AKA the death trap!:eek::p) and back to the tm for the last 10 mins of varying hills/speeds. Good stuff!

Today's plan is some Bob and some yoga. I have 2 more new yoga dvds to try! :D

BBL for personals!:cool:

Good morning All!1

Never got around to working out on Friday, our yard sale was at my aunt's house,(an hour away) so we left right after work & spent the night so we could get an early start. We did well, not sure about the total, since ther were three of us. My aunt had some large items like window air conditioners & a fridge & other things so I know she made $$. I only made around $100. what we didn't sell we donated. My closet looks great, I can actually find things now!! :D

Wendy, I know you are so proud of your son!! I've always wanted to take some form of martial arts since I love kickboxing so much.

Katie, I'm so glad your yard sale was such a success!! This was our second one, the first did about the same. I think it will be worth it to have another one.

Bridget, sounds like you had a ball at the tri!! I know what you mean about swimming,I haven't done that in years. I'm sure by next year you'll be ready!!

Kris, great job with TBT!! I need to decide on a rotation, but it's just so hard for me to stick with!! The only one I can stick with is STS, & I think that's because I get to decide on a workout every other day. :p

Have a great day All!!

Last edited:
Good morning!

Today I did Step Moves + Ab Hits #3. My legs are sore from STS: Total Body yesterday so I didn't want to push them to hard this morning. Plus SM is always a fun one to do on a dreary Monday morning. ;)

Wiggie: So glad to hear your yard sale went well too!! We had quite a few "big" items (couch, chair, entertainment center, television, coffee table) which is where most of our money came from. :) I agree that it is AWESOME to be able to actually get into my closets and find things now! Well worth the effort. ;)

I'm back. My work out is done. :)

30 minutes of BH:: Ultimate Body Cardio followed by 40+ minutes of yoga. the "+" is for the 5-10 mins I spent TRYING to like one of my new yoga DVDs but UGH, it's just soooo not my style so I gave up and put in the third n final new one which was much better! I don't LOVE it but I like it enough to do it again. It's 60 minutes long and broken up into three 20 minute segments (upper body focus, lower body focus, core focus-I did 40 minutes of it-upper and lower body focus. :)

Now I'm getting ready to go food shopping in the rain. :(

After that it's laundry and cleaning....what better to do on a cr@ppy weather day though right? Well, except for go back to bed! LOL :p

Kris:: Great job with your TBT work out. I really like those work outs!

Bridget:: What a great way to familiarize yourself with what a tri is really like then to volunteer at one! Keep taking those swimming lessons and I'm sure you'll do fine on the swimming leg of one!:)

Katie:: Glad the yard sale was a success! So why so long in a hotel with the baby before you can him/her home?? Nice work out today! I'll be watching to make sure you have some BH yoga in your new rotation! ;)

Wiggie:: Yay for a successful yard sale for you as well! I've always wanted to take karate too but I'm a chicken so I'm having my son try it first. ;):p LOL

Good Morning. :)

Hair appoinment at 8:30am so no work out until later for me! I'll be back to report what I did though!

BBL!:cool:

Good morning All!! :)

My workout Monday was a 40 minute walk with my DH & the dog(Ruby), then some squats & lunges. I haven't decided what I'll do today, I'll see what you're doing & maybe I'll get some ideas from that!! :p

Have a great day All!!

Howdy!

Today's workout was Bob Harper's Body Rev Cardio. Great workout! I really enjoyed this one. Bob is no joke! :D All of the swings and deadlifts were a little much on my lower back but I think if I continue to do this workout my back will become more conditioned for the moves. Overall, two thumbs up! :)

Anyone interested in doing a BodyRock or Zwow workout on Thursday (i'm looking at you Wendy???? I'm thinking a 15-20 minute BR workout and then 1/2 of Yoga for the Warrior.

Wendy: Which yoga workout did you not like? I want to make sure I avoid that one. ;) As for the adoption, a few years back there was concern about adoptive parents receiving custody of a baby in one state and then taking that baby across state lines back to the parent's home state before the adoption is finalized (which usually takes 3-4 months). When we pick up the baby, we will only have temporary custody until the judge signs off on everything (i.e. the adoption is finalized). So the states got together and all adopted (no pun intended) the Interstate Compact Act on the Placement of Children (ICPC). Each state has an ICPC office. So, once the birth parents relinquish their parental rights, we are named temporary guardians and get custody of the baby. BUT, before we can bring the baby back to Kentucky, the ICPC in the birth state and the ICPC in Kentucky both have to give the "A-Ok". This usually takes 10-14 days, which is why we will be living in a hotel for a week or two. That was probably way more than you wanted to know, LOL! :eek: :p :D

Wiggie: Your walk yesterday sounds lovely! It was a gorgeous day here yesterday; perfect walking weather. :)

Hey Ladies.

I'm finally back! Better late then never right? ;)

My hair appointment took close to 2 darn hours :eek: so by the time I got home I was STARVING!!! After I ate a small cow for lunch :p it was, ofcourse, NAP TIME and FINALLY after nap time, I got around to my work out!:rolleyes:

My original work out plan prior to making the hair appointment was to do STS D3 (lower body) at home and upper body at the gym for a full body weight work out. Well, as you can imagine that would take a while and by the time I was ready to work out I just had no desire to spend all that time doing it so I decided to do STS TB No Bonus Burn/No Abs Premix and got a fantastic work out in under an hour! YAY! :D

Katie:: So was today your first go around with Body Rev Cardio? Glad you liked it! Bob sure does mean business! All of his work outs are TOUGH! I will certainly take you up on your idea for Thursday's work out but I would like to ask if we could either do an older BR or a ZWOW as opposed to a newer BR that Zuzanna doesn't lead. I never much cared for the guest host thing and then when Lisa Marie first came on board I liked her but now...ew. Just ew. I am totally turned off to BR now because of what it's slowly become since Zuzanna left. :confused::( So anyway, I'd LOVE to do a Zuzanna BR or a ZWOW with you! You pick the work out and I'm all over it! :D Following it up with yoga is an EXCELLENT idea too if I do say so myself! Good thinkin'! ;) LOL re your thorough explanation regarding the adoption policies. :) Thank you. I mean, I DID ask! I shouldn't have asked if I didn't want to know, right?! :p:)

Wiggie:: So what did you end up doing? I hope you weren't waiting on ME for inspiration coz I am super duper late today! LOL :p

Guess that's all for now but I'll be back later or in the morning!:cool:

Hi Ladies!

Dang computer, I wrote a big long personals post and it didn't take. Now I just have a minute, so I'll have to come back for personals :(

Yesterday I did Disc 17 (Legs) and today I dreaded (but did) AT - you know those first exercises especially that burn the legs... yeouch... I was already feeling it before I got started:) But I got it done.

Great workouts everyone, talk to you later!

Kris

Had 2 workouts today. 5am went for a 15mi. bike ride- my friends left without me, I hoped to catch up with them on their path- never did, but had a great run anyway. Took my first fall on a steep hill- no injuries, just hurt my pride.

After work, went for fun run at the local bar- beat my last time by a minute! 3.2mi in 32 min! Felt better doing it this week too- felt even better with the free beer afterward...

Will sleep like a baby tonight!

Spin class tomorrow

Wendy- how did the hair turn out?

Kris- disc 17 & AT? Can you walk?

Katie- I didn't realize you were that close to getting your little one! How exciting for you! Do you know how soon, or will you find out at the last minute?

Wiggie- clean closets and $100 in your pocket? Sounds like a successful yard sale to me.

Good night all!

Bridget

Good morning All!!

Wendy, I guess I did get inspired by you, no workout Tuesday evening went, & got my hair done!! :p

Katie, I'm so excited for you!! Hope it's smooth sailing from here on!! :)

Kris, computers can be a pain sometimes can't they? I agree with Bridget, Can you walk?

Bridget, I'm glad the only thing that was hurt was your pride, that heals quicker!! :D How you can workout that early is still a mystery to me!! :p

Morning!

Whew, my lower back is FEELING it from Body Rev Cardio yesterday! Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. ;) Though it was a little rough, I was still able to do Susan Chung's RapidFire Results this morning. I like that one a little more every time! :)

Wiggie: LOL, I love that you skipped your workout to get your hair done. :p ;) We all need a break and little pampering every once in a while (okay, all the time). I'm sure hoping for smooth sailing too!!!

Kris: AT AFTER STS legs? Wow, you're brave! ;) :p My legs are aching for you right now! ;) :p :D I hate when computers mess up like that. That happens to me frequently when I try to use DH's laptop. :mad:

Bridget: Oh no!! I'm glad you didn't get hurt in the fall! Exellent job beating your run time. That's fantastic! We are hoping (fingers crossed) to hear something about the adoption in the next 2-6 months. There's really no set time frame (which is frustrating because I want my baby NOW! :) ). We decided to go ahead and start buying baby things here and there "just in case". ;)

Wendy: I've bet you've got gorgeous hair going on over there. ;) Nice job with STS TB!! I love that workout for the exact reason you stated - an excellent full body workout in under an hour. YAY, i'm so glad you're going to do a BR/Zwow workout with me tomorrow. WOOHOO!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm leaning towards a Zwow workout if that works for you. I'll peek around this afternoon and pick us out a good one. :p ;)

Wendy: How about Zwow #13? It's a 16 minute Tabata workout. Or would you rather focus on strength? If so, we could do Zwow #19. It is a 25 (ish) minute workout that includes 6 exercises that appear to really work the shoulders, biceps, and legs. Both look fabulous to me!! You choose (because I can't, lol).

Anyone else want to join us???

Hey Katie,

Hmmm...decisions decisions! Well I've done #13 and it's killer so I would definitely have no problem doing it again but #19 looks great too! So what do you think? We can do "eeny meeny miney mo" to decide if you want! :p LOL Did you ever do ZWOD #1? I have and it's a goody too! It goes like this::

Do 3 rounds for time of the following:
10 dive bomber push ups
5 burpees
20 squat leg lifts per side
5 burpees
10 side plank lifts per side
5 burpees
10 pistol squats per side
5 burpees

So what do you think?? Will it be #1, #13 or #19!?!?!?...Eeny Meeny Miney Mo...Catch a ZWOW by it's toes...LMAO! :D

LOL!!! I read your post while drinking water...NOT a good idea. :p ;) :D :eek:

I lied about Zwow 19 - it's more butt and abs focused. Sorry! :eek: Zwow 14 is the one that focuses more on the shoulders, biceps, and legs.

Okay, I think i'm going to do Zwow 19. No particular reason, I just picked one. ;) Feel free to do another one if you prefer! :)

Morning!

Today's workout was Zwow #19 and 1/2 of Yoga for the Warrior. Geez i'm tired (but that's a good thing right? :p).

Wendy: Yowza, that BR workout looks crazy tough, but also like fun!! LOL! I just bookmarked it for a future torture session. I can't wait to hear how it goes! Zwow #19 wasn't bad! I liked that Zuzana does the whole workout. Plus, becuase it's on Youtube, I can access it from my Blueray player and play it on the tv. Score! Quickly into the workout I realized I suck at pistol squats. :confused: :eek: I couldn't get as deep as Zuzana, so I modified. Oh well! I'm also enjoying YFTW a little more each time. I was actually disappointed this morning that I only able to do 1/2 of the workout (I ran out of time).

BBL! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.