STS Body Rockers - Week of June 24 :)

Hello...Today was supposed to be f/b weights at the gym with DH but we decided not to go so I did this BR instead:: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv
I used a set of 15# db's for the entire workout w/the exception of the last 5 reps of the plank and rows in round one and all of them in round 2...I switched to 10#-HAD TO! :eek:
Anyway, it was a fantastic work out which I completed in about 24:30. :)

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
BBITAM!:cool:

Hey gang
Forgive my absence last week was a nutty week at work.
Here's how my workout week went:
Monday- spinning
Tuesday- fun run at the tavern- 5K in 32.37- and I was dragging my dupa doing it- not fun, but done, and I got my free beer!
Wednesday- still hurting from the not so fun run- took the day off
Thursday- TRX, wanted to skip, but didn't want to disappoint my friends- that is called good peer pressure
Friday- spinning
Saturday- I ran 5.25 in 57 min! I have never run this far in my life! My goal was to get to 6, but I slightly miscalculated- can make up for it next time I go out- best part was I felt good doing it, and finished with a smile on my face!
HM here I come!
Sunday- today, rest

tomorrow I will run again, not sure how far, I'm just happy I can do it!

Bridget

Good morning All!!

Friday's workout was Ripped & Chisled by Jari love, I've had it a long time, hadn't done it in years. Saturday was a 30 minute walk at the state park & HIIT 15 when I got home. Sunday was Cardio Kickbox Challenge by Tracy Stahle. I had Bailee this weekend so of course she worked out with me. She is so much fun!! I am going to do full body high rep weights for a while & see what happens, also after the fourth of July, I think I'm going to rejoin WW & go for lifetime, we'll see.

Bridget, glad you're back, great job on your runs!! I wish I had someone to run with to motivate me!!

Wendy, WTG on the bodyrockin!!

Well that's it for now, Have a great day Everyone!!:)

I forgot to add, I hula hoop, ride my bike & jump rope from time to time also!!

Last edited:
Morning ladies!

I had a fun but busy weekend. Saturday I went to a baby shower in Cincinnati. It was very classy. After the official shower ended my friends and I sat on the front porch and chatted for hours. It was so nice to catch up! Yesterday I went to a Friends & Family brunch at Bonefish Grill (one of my favorite restaurants) and then to my parents house to check on things, water plants, etc. My parents are living it up in Africa at the moment. I'm so jealous!

I did get my workouts in this weekend. Saturday I did Imax 2, Sunday I did Muscle Endurance, and this morning I did Rhythmic Step. I love all three workouts. :)

Wendy: Thanks for getting us started for the week! I'm loving the look of that BR workout!!! Tough stuff. ;) I added it to "the list" (my list keeps getting longer, lol).

Wiggie: Love the new picture! Nice workouts!! I've never tried a Jari Love workout. How does she compare to Cathe? Awwww, I love that Bailee worked out with you. :)

Bridget: Glad you're back! Excellent workouts last week, especially your Saturday run. :) I don't think I would have a smile on my face after running 5+ miles, lol! :p ;)

Good Afternoon.

My work out is done! Itread 20 mins #5 + the 15 min climbing segment (done on the EXT) from ITri #8. Then it was home for Premix #1 of YogaMax. :)

Tomorrow's plan is a full length Kundalini yoga work out...Maybe I'll have the 4th one I ordered by then! :D

Gotta go for now but I'll catch up on personals later or tomorrow!:cool:

Hi there ladies,

No formal workout yesterday, got some good walking in though:) Today was Plyo Legs (Disc 29) :eek::confused: Went pretty well, I actually enjoyed it - felt strong and didn't trip on the step even. :eek:

This weekend was a challenge food-wise as I figured. Managed to eat clean and on plan Friday (I was off, so that was tougher than when I work), then had the graduation party Saturday, I did ok - ate a little bit of Mexican food and a few drinks that weren't on plan, but didn't go crazy. Sunday was a birthday party, managed there ok too - just a small piece of birthday cake. Back on track today, onward right? :)

Question for you girls - what shoes do you use for your Cathe type workouts? I'm thinking of getting a new pair one of these days and trying to decide which to go with - my 40ish year old feet need good support :eek:.

Wendy - great BR workout looks like! Great job with Itread and also the Yoga PM:)

Katie - Great workouts for you too! I like Imax 2 especially! Your weekend sounds fabulous, great job getting your workouts in with all of that going on - awesome job!

Wiggie - I love that Bailee worked out with you:) I have Jari Love workouts too, haven't done any of them in a while, it's been all Cathe. I enjoyed Jari's workouts though when I was doing them.

Bridget - great job on your workouts! Great runs too - way to go!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Kris

Good morning All!! ;)

Monday’s workout was Jari Love’s Slim & Lean, good workout, the ab section is short & too easy, but in other videos she admits she doesn’t do a lot of ab work.

Kris, I think you did a great job with your eating, you stayed on track even through multiple parties, WTG!! I don't have special shoes to do Cathe's workouts, I usually put on what matches my outfit!! :p I'm kinda weird, I put on cute matching outfits, it motivates me!! :eek:

Wendy, I need to follow your example, I’ve been slacking on the yoga lately!! :eek:

Katie, sounds like you had a great weekend!! I’ve seen Bonefish Grill but I’ve never eaten there, I’ll have to try it. & I’m jealous of your parents too!! :p

Hi Bridget!!

Have a great day All!! :D

Last edited:
Morning BodyRockers!

Today's workout was Athletic Training. I LOVE that workout!! I got Amy Benson's Extreme Kickbox (I think that's name) from Netflix so i'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I previewed it last night and it looks really freaking tough! :eek:

Wendy: Nice workout yesterday! Did you get the Kudalini yoga workout yet?

Kris: Yay, anothe plyo leg lover convert! I swear everytime I talk about how much I love those workouts I "see" lots of eye rolling, LOL! :p;) Nice job staying on track this past weekend. You have willpower of steel! I'm currently wearing Rykas for Cathe's workouts (the exact shoe Cathe wore in the Intensity/HR/STS TB/LBB series - I think it's Ryka Assist X2). I need new workout shoes too, and I think i'm going to try Asics gel. I'm looking at Asics Gel Intensity, Asics Gel upshots, and Asics Gel Nimbus. I like the Rykas and they have held up very well for the past year (or longer...I can't remember when I bought them), but i'm interested in something different.

Wiggie: Nice workout! Bonefish is very yummy! You should try it out sometime. They have a nice mix of "healthy" and "unhealthy" options, which is nice depending on my mood. :D

Good Afternoon Ladies.

No work out for me yet but any minute now I promise to get changed and get it done! :D

I haven't been into the "new" BR as of late so I've been utlilizing ZWOW's or Z-BR's (my new abbreviation for BR when Zuzana was still involved! ;)) but I have to admit that I am liking the looks of the current BR and might just do it as my cardio prior to my yoga session today. It's only 12 minutes long and looks really good!!! Here's a link to the work out::

BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

Katie:: Nope, no new yoga dvd yet but it's supposed to get here tmrw so it will get done before the week is out! :D Athletic Training is a goody! ITA! Did you pre-preorder To The Max and Crossfire? They should be shipping this week! :eek:

Wiggie:: Great job with the Jari work out! I have a few of her work outs in my collection. Perhaps I should dust em off one of these days! :rolleyes: Along with MOST of the dvds I own that I haven't TOUCHED in IDK how long!!!!:eek: I too have always noticed Jari's ab segments are on the "weak" side. It's okay though coz I'm sure we all have enough other options to make up for what she lacks in that area! ;)

Kris:: Great job with Plyo Legs! Those work outs hold a big dread factor for me. I haven't done them much. When I did my STS rotation I opted for the heavy leg routine and I had never been one to love lifting heavy with my lower body but PL seemed worse to me! :eek: Congrats on a succesful weekend of making your diet work even at parties! It's definitely a challenge! I used to drive myself crazy with that but now if I have a party, etc. to go to, I just eat and drink what I want and worry about the consequences later! :p Not a very good role model am I? :eek:

Ok, I'm done stalling!!!! I swear! LOL I'm gonna get my work out clothes on, double knot my laces ;) and get busy! BBL!:cool:

Well, better late then never ladies!!!!!

Fat Shakedown BR and Body Electric Kundalini Yoga done with a 4:30m hooping warm up! Awesome work out! :D

Now I can FINALLY get on with my day! :rolleyes:

BBL or in the morning!:cool:

Hi there ladies,

Today was Slide and Glide for me:) Last night I did Ab Circuits - the Yoga one - You all are motivating me to get my ab work in again:) Tomorrow is supposed to be TBT Upper body - but I think I'm going to sub High Reps Upper Body PM instead, just for a change of pace...

Hi Wendy - love that name - Fat Shakedown - :) Great job on the hooping and yoga too - I'm a wimp with my hoop, it felt like my midsection was bruised for the first 3 or 4 days after using the hoop for just a bit, now I'm kind of scared of it :eek:

Hi Katie - Great job with AT! Thanks for the shoe info too, now I have a few to check out - thanks again:)

Hi Wiggie - Great job with your Jari Love workout! Love that you wear cute outfits - I look like a slob when I exercise, probably should take a cue from you, maybe it would motivate me more:)

Hi Bridget - fun run for beer tonight? I think that was Tuesdays right?

Hope you all have a great night!

Kris

Good morning All!!

Tuesday's workout was the first 2 workouts from Les Mills Pump, bought on impulse :eek:, so far I like it!! ;)
Something I noticed, when doing high reps on chest presses, I feel it in my entire arm, especially my triceps. They also do clean & press a lot which is a fave of mine

Have a great day All!! :D

Last edited:
Hello Again.:)

My work out is done and boy was it a doozie! :eek:

The work out is broken down into 5 rounds of 5 exercises @ 10 reps each for time. I finished in about 33:24m. I changed up the weights I used w/every round. Weights were required for the first three exercises only and I adjusted the speed of my reps according the weight load...for heavier weight loads I had to slow down and for lighter I sped up....It was TOUGH!:eek:

When I finished I took a short but refreshing orange break -YUM- and then did 45 minutes of YogaX. It consisted of the warm up, the balance postures and all of the stretching at the end. Exactly what I needed today!:)

BBL for personals!:cool:

My week so far:

Monday- ran 4.16mi in 47 min

Tues- fun run for free beer- 3.1mi in 32min- felt better doing it than the week before, trouble sleeping after run, legs, joints ached- better with aleve!

Today- my legs felt achy- went to spinning class in the morning- flush out the DOMS

Tomorrow- TRX class at the Y

Friday- run or spin? can't decide which

a co-worker was complimenting my arms, which was the nicest compliment! She didn't like p90x- (she says Tony Horton talks too much, which is funny, he's a local guy) Long story short- I loaned her STS, and she is loving her workouts- I think I may have a new Cathe convert!

Kris- I have a confession to make, I have never done slide & glide- I own it, just never pulled it out- it looks like fun too! I wear Ryka Assist 2 (I think) for my Cathe workouts, and just ordered a new pair of running shoes- ASICS GT 2170. I love the Ryka's for step & indoor aerobics.

Katie- I am rolling eyes at your plyo legs remark.

Wiggie- I confess (another confession!) I haven't been following WW for the past few weeks. I haven't weighed in in almost a month- I have been 3 lbs from goal for what seems like forever (sigh)

Wendy- are your BR workouts the 30min or less variety? I can remember earlier you were having success with the shorter intense workout sessions.

New workouts soon!
Bridget

Hi there ladies,

I did High Reps Upper Body PM, it was a good workout, hadn't done that PM before, I was surprised Back wasn't included, so I'll have to get some back work in soon:) Tomorrow is supposed to be LIC per my rotation, but think I'm going to sub a different step workout for that one too, maybe an Intensity PM or the whole thing... or maybe something else entirely:) We'll see!

Can't wait to get the new workouts - they look they butt kickers for sure:)

Hi Bridget - thanks for the shoe input, I appreciate that! I may check out the Ryka Assists. Great workouts this week! Congratulations on the compliment too, you deserve it - you've been working so hard:)

Hi Wendy - great BR workout, sounds really tough!

Hi Wiggie - I hear you on the impulse buy workout - sounds like a good one though:)

Hi Katie!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Kris

Hi ladies!

Yesterday's workout was Amy Bento's Extreme Kickbox. It's a loooong workout and I only did about 1 hour of the workout. I enjoyed it a lot! Today's workout was Total Body Trisets: Upper Body. I'd forgotten how tough that workout is! :eek:

Crazy busy at work this morning so i'll BBL for personals. :)

ZWOW #21 + Kundalini Yoga Warrior Workout DONE! :D

Gotta go! Heading to an early movie with DS now!

BBL for personals!:)

Good morning All!!

Wednesday's was a rest day for me, I go to bible study on wednesdays so I'll probably let that be my rest day from now on. Thursday's workout was Pump & Shred from Les Mills Pump. It went by so fast I had to look at the clock, it didn't seem like 45 minutes had passed.

Kris, you are doing quite well with your rotation!! I should get To the Max & Crossfire today, so I will be doing one of those.

Bridget, you are doing so well with your running & I haven't started yet!! I'm off a few days next week maybe I'll start then? :eek:

Katie, I think an hour of any workout is plenty, good job!! :p

Wendy, I see you are loving Zwow, I wish she would put some of those on a dvd. When my uncle died in April, I noticed he had a brand new walker that is shaped kind of like a dip station. I have been using that to do dips & reverse push ups.

I hope you ladies have a great weekend!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.