STS Body Rockers - Week of June 17th

Zbridget

Cathlete
Happy father's day to all dads & dads to be in our lives!

This week marks my one year anniversary in this check-in group! Thank you to all of you in motivating me to get through STS, suffering through my joy of spinning posts! You all have given me such motivation to continue on!

This morning I ran 4.64 miles in about 55 minutes- my time would have been better, but my app was playing Pat Benatar Promises in the Dark over and over again- I was walking while adjusting the iPhone- then when I would shake the phone it would change the song over and over- ugh again- finally got the music to work and found my stride on the way back home.

Be back later for personals!

Bridget

Hi ladies!

I hope you're having a nice father's day. :) This morning I decided to give Interval Max another go. I'm still too chicken to do the workout on an eight inch step. :eek: :confused: Oh well! :D

Bridget: Happy 1 year anniversary!! :) We love having you as part of the group. Nice run yesterday. I used to HATE when my music messed up in the middle of a run (back when I used to run, lol). Very frustrating! I'm impressed with your time despite the music woes. Keep up the great work!

Hi Ladies and Happy Father's Day to the dad and soon to be dads in all of your families! :)

Yesterday was a rest day. I had a little "too much" fun at the wedding friday night :eek::p and then on Saturday afternoon we had another party to go to so there was no way a work out was happening. :confused::rolleyes:

So I must tell you that at the wedding on Friday night I got the most awesome compliment from a woman there! I was in the bathroom and she was in there and she asked me if I was a triathlete and wanted to know what I did because I am in such great shape! We ended up chatting about fitness for about 10 minutes and when I walked out of the ladies room I was on cloud nine! I couldn't thank the woman enough. She made my year! :D Sad to say that I get far more snarky comments then compliments regarding my physique, the way I choose to eat and how much I exercise. :( She told me not to listen to anyone who has anything negative to say...her exact words were "Don't listen to those jealous b*tches!" BWAH! I was cracking up! :D

So today's work out was full body weights at the gym with DH. We did 1 exercise for each upper body part (3 sets and I did 10-15 reps per set), a combo set of squats and lunges (2 lunge sets and 2 squat sets at 15 reps each, atlernated) on the squat rack and 3 ab machines (3 sets at 10-15 reps per set). As a warm up we always do 10-15 mins on the EXT and it's usually nothing super intense but today I pushed it harder with some interval/tabata style work to pre-fry my legs since we weren't doing a ton of leg work. It worked like a charm!!! My legs were tight just from the cardio so the 4 sets of weight work we did was enough! :eek:

I'm not exactly sure what tomorrow's plan is but I got 2 new Kundalini Yoga dvds in the mail on Saturday so I am sure I'll be trying them soon enough! :D

Bridget:: Happy Anniversary! :D Sorry you were having technical difficulties during your run. I hate when that happens!:(

Katie:: Unless you are maybe 5'8" tall I see absotutely no reason for ANYONE to be doing ANY Imax style work out on an 8 inch step!!!:eek::eek::eek: Good job-the IM is NOT easy!:eek:

BBITAM!:cool:

Hi there ladies!

Today was Disc 6, Legs, I know I'm going to hurt tomorrow, my booty already is a bit sore, oh oh. :confused:

My foster dog got adopted today:(:) by a great couple. They fell in love with him immediately, I'm going to miss that guy, but so glad he got such a great forever home:)

Hi Wendy - what an awesome compliment! Congratulations! You work hard and you definitely deserve to have it show:)

Hi Katie - great job with Imax, I wouldn't go near 8 inches. :eek: Great job getting it done!

Hi Bridget - sorry about the music trouble, but great job on the run!

Hi Wiggie!

Happy Father's Day to all your families:)

Have a great Sunday night everyone,

Kris

Morning Glories!:)

I have some DOMS today but not too bad. Just enough to know I worked out y'day! ;)

Today's work out will be gym cardio + yoga.

Kris:: So how are those legs feelin' today girl? So back to the convo from the other day about your DH...oh that stinks that his business suffered like that. I'm sorry to hear that. :( Seeing your foster dog get adopted must've been bittersweet. I would love to foster like that but my house is too small...Maybe in the next one!

BBL!:cool:

Good morning All!!

Friday's workout was Bob's #1, Saturday's was JMBR cardio #1 & wk #9 & Sunday's was S90 Legs & Fire 45. Bob's was pretty hard, I guess it's not the workout to do after a 10 hour work day!! :p

Happy Anniversary Bridget!! I love this group!! Sorry about your iphone woes, but I think you still did pretty good!!

Kris, I didn't have a bike when I preordered, the price was so good I went ahead & got it "just in case".

Wendy, it's always good when your hard work is noticed, I get plenty of compliments from the guys at work, the women not so much. I even see the looks on their faces when they hear the compliment, so I agree with that lady, jealous b***hes!! To answer your question, I have a bunch of dvds in my que. Most of them have a short wait.:(

Hi Katie!! :)

Morning!

Today's workout was Muscle Max. I had a strong lifting day! Love it when that happens. :) I was able to match Cathe weight for weight, rep for rep UNTIL I got to that blasted abs section. It kills me every single time. :eek: :rolleyes:

Wendy:Wow, what a fantastic compliment! You're one hot lady. ;) :p Nice cardio this morning! Enjoy your yoga session. :)

Wiggie: Excellent workouts this weekend! Bob's Workout 1 is tough stuff!! I previewed the S90 legs workout this weekend and it looks tough!

Kris: Are you able to walk this morning? :p I must admit the STS leg workouts are some of my favs. They sting so bad and yet it feels so good, LOL! :D :p ;)

Ok, Kundalini Yoga: Bliss Hips is done! :D

Thanks re the compliment story from Friday night ladies. I was so excited I just had to share! :)

Wiggie:: NICE work outs!!! I'm not surprised it's the guys that you get the compliments from and not the women. I compliment women all the time though so I don't understand that mind-set...:rolleyes:. You are correct- Bobs work out #1 is DEFINITELY killer! So how many work outs are in your NF que now? Will your DH ever get to rent an actual movie?? LMAO! ;)

Katie:: Nice job with MM girl! And keeping up with Cathe is always something to be proud of! Great job!:) But now what's this about the ab work killing you? That, young lady, is b/c I fear you still do not do ab work enough, do you!? :eek: Have I not taught you anything!?!? Well, besides how to create killer mish moshes!? :D;):p You better get on that ab work girly! :)

K, I'm gross...desperately need a shower! :confused:

Last edited:
Hi there,

Wasn't azz sore azz :confused: I thought I would be after my STS legs yesterday, which was good, because today it was Afterburn on the rotation:eek: Actually felt pretty good throughout, we'll see how the old body is tomorrow. Tomorrow is Back and Triceps, so get a lower body rest tomorrow anyway:) Had a great clean eating day today, need to string a few like this together!

Hi Wendy - love the name of that one - Bliss Hips :) Great job on the I-tread and stairclimber too - you're doing awesome, keep those compliments coming at you!

Hi Katie - Woo hoo on matching Cathe in Muscle Max!!! That's awesome!

Hi Wiggie - love the compliments you're getting too - that's really motivating! Great workouts this weekend!!

Hi Bridget - meant to say happy anniversary with the group too - I know you ladies all inspire me!!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Kris

Last edited:
Good Morning Girls.

I am here early today b/c I couldn't sleep. :confused: Been awake since 4am and finally gave up and got out of bed just before 5am. :(

Today's plan is this Zuzana BR:: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

Plus some yoga or stretching that is YTBD...

Kris:: Well STS Legs may not have made ya sore but AB definitely will!!!!!!!!!:D;) Thank you for the kind words. Very sweet of you to say. :) We all work hard here though so we ALL deserve compliments!!!:D Good job on the clean eating-the food is the hardest part! Like Tony Horton would say though--do your best and forget the rest! :)

Hi gals!

This morning I did Intensity! :eek: 'nuff said, LOL! ;) :p

Wendy: Wow, early morning! :) I hate when I can't sleep. It doesn't happen often (I LOVE sleep), but when it does i'm such a mean ole' grump. :eek: :rolleyes: I've been doing *okay* keeping up with my ab work! I usually work my abs 3-5 times a week. Actually, I consider my ab abs to be my "most improved" area, i.e., I can actually complete several of Cathe's abdominal workouts now. :) I still have a ton of flab covering my abs, but at least I know I have a little bit a strength hiding in there somewhere. :p ;)

Kris: I love clean eating days...if only I had one every once in awhile. :D :eek: :p How was Afterburn this morning? That's such a tough yet fun workout! It always hits my legs hard.

Hello! I'm back.

Ended up doing STS Extended Stretch after my BR work out (which was a good one!!!). :)

Katie:: Oh my INTENSITY!!!!:eek: Awesome job lady! :D Oh, my bad. :eek: You made yourself sound like an ab-slacker but I see now that you certainly are not! YAY! Good for you! So happy to hear your abs get your "most improved" vote as well! :D:):D When I would have sleepless nights while I was still at my job I would feel like I was DYING by lunch time but at home it's much easier to plough through b/c I can keep myself as busy as I want/need in order to stay awake but if I am really exhausted I know that a nap is easy to come by whenever I feel the need! Wow-staying home is really growing on me! ;) LOL

Ok, off I go! BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Hello All!!

Monday’s workout was S90 Shoulders & Arms, I really couldn’t give it my all. Right before I worked out I almost dozed off. Couldn’t shake that I want to sleep feeling.

Katie, good job on MM!! It’s been so long since I’ve done it I can’t remember the ab section. Hmmm, I guess I need to revisit. I only have it as a download on the computer, to me dvds are just more convenient. I like S90 Legs a lot, but I do get tired near the end.

Wendy, good to see you’re Bodyrockin again!! I too like to give compliments, it makes me feel good so I know it makes others feel the same. Re Bob’s workout, my arms were getting tired right after the first set of burpees, & then I had to do it a second round. I’m not sure DH will get to rent a movie, maybe after the newness has worn off!! :D Hope you sleep better tonight!

Kris, great job sticking to your rotation!! I wish I had such discipline :eek:, & WTG on the clean eating!! One day at a time!

"See" you tomorrow!! :)

Good evening ladies,

Today was Disc 5, Back and triceps. Felt good - love to work my back:) And another successful clean eating day - yay me:)

Did you all see the preview clip for Cross Fire??? Oh my... :eek: Can't wait to get them!

Hi Wiggie - great job getting your S90 workout in even though you were tired, I know what you mean on that, sometimes it's hard to shake that feeling!

Hi Katie - great job on Intensity, yep, no more words needed there! :eek: I really like Afterburn, I mean it's tough for me for sure, but if I had to pick my favorite LIS workout, think that'd be the one - time flies for me on that one. :)

Hi Wendy - woohoo on the BR workout! And getting in the Extended stretch too!

Hi Bridget!

Hope you all have a great night! Talk to you tomorrow:)

Kris

Hello!

I survived my workout this morning (I always like it when that happens :p): Body Max 2 - Step + Upper Body. I'd forgotten how tough that upper body workout is! Yowza!! Confession time. BM2 was one of my first Cathe workouts (I think I got it about a year and a half ago). The first few (okay several) times doing the upper body segment, I used 3 and 5 pound weights...and struggled! :rolleyes: :eek: Now i'm using what Cathe uses - 15 and 5 pounds (although I still struggle in some parts). I guess it just shows how far i've come in the past year and a half. :)

On another note, DH and I bought a baby furniture set yesterday. :eek: :eek: :eek: I actually found it on craigslist (I love that website)!! Baby furniture is bloody expensive, and all the furniture sets I liked costs around $2000 (or more). We are already paying 25k+ for the adoption, and there's no way I was paying that much for furniture. Anyway, the couple sold us their gently used set (it has a few scratches and whatnot, no big deal to me) for $650. I'm soooo excited! Here's the furniture if you're bored and want to take a peek. We bought the crib, large dresser/hutch, and stand up dresser. Savanna Tori Convertible Crib - Espresso - jcpenney

So, I also decided to start a baby registry at Buy Buy Baby. Do you all realize how much STUFF babies (allegedly) need?? Oh.my.goodness! I thought i'd start with easy items - pacifiers and bottles - but quickly realized there are like 50 different types of each. I finally started googling "what do babies really need". LOL!

Wendy: Glad you enjoyed your BR workout yesterday! Now did you do all of the extended stretch or 5/8 of it? :p ;) I'm glad you keep on me with the ab work! I barely did ab work before I joined this group. Thanks to you I finally have abs (somewhere..hidden beneath the flab). :) Did you get a better night's sleep last night?

Wiggie: Ya gave what you could to S90 Shoulders & Abs and that's all that matters! :) Be proud! IKWYM though about trying to workout when you're sleepy. It's so tough! I downloaded a few Cathe workouts but didn't like it (the music and moves were off a bit and it drove me crazy). I agree DVDs are just more convenient.

Kris: WTG on a second clean eating day in a row! Keep up the awesome work!! The Cross Fire clip looks awesome!!! I'm so excited (and scared)! :eek: :eek: :eek: I love Afterburn too! It's a tie between it and Athletic Training for my favorite LIC workout.

Hi Bridget!

Okay, sorry for the long ramble today. A good night sleep + several cups of coffee makes me a wee bit hyper. :eek: :)

Good morning All!!

Tuesday's workout was Afterburn, inspired by Kris. needless to say I was worn out at the end but I finished it. I haven't seen the Crossfire clip yet, it won't play at work :(.

Katie, I don't have BM2 but I've heard about it, I'm impressed that you can match Cathe, WTG!! The baby furniture is beautiful!! So excited for you!! I don't know if you are getting a girl or boy, but I still like to look at baby girl clothes. So adorable!! :) My downloads do the same thing!!:(

Kris, Yay for another day of clean eating!!

Have a great day All!!

Good Morning. :)

Today's work out was a new Kundalini Yoga dvd called Cardio, Stretch and Strengthen. I loved it! :D Later on I will get in a 30 min cardio work out at the gym with DH.

Wiggie:: Yeah, Bob sure knows how to wear out the upper body in ALL of his work outs. Not just Bob's Work Out. He's a wild man! ;) Good job keepin' some S90 work outs in the mix! They are not easy but great when you don't have or want to commit an hour or more to working out! Thanks-feels good to be back into BR/ZWOW again. I missed it!!!

Kris:: Great job with disc 5. I love to work my back as well! :) Yeah-Crossfire looks killer! Worth the price of admission just for the firewalker loop exercises I think! :eek:

Katie:: Beautiful furniture! I like your style, lady! :) So do you know if you will adopt a boy or a girl yet? Great job with BM2! That's one tough work out, as was the original! I can count on one hand how many times I've done either work out in full!:eek: I did ALL of the Extended Stretch, missy so :p on you! LOL

Wiggie & Katie::ITA with both of you regarding the downloads. They seemed like a fantastic idea, especially with the work out blender and all so I even asked for an IPOD TOUCH with a big memory in it for Christmas that year to hold the work outs. Well, I bought maybe 4 or 5 work outs but quickly became disenchanted with the whole concept. The WOB was a PITA to use IMO and even though having your work outs totally transportable is cool, it's not worth it IMO. I have plenty of other work out options for when I'm traveling! As for the space-saving concept of not having dvd cases lining one's shelves-that's great but A: I already have tons of DVDs so who cares if I have a few more? :p B: Me and technology do NOT get along so it would only be a matter of time before I'd lose my downloads in a computer/IPOD crash. :eek: Atleast if my house catches on fire and the dvds burn up they'll be covered by house insurance!:p

Ok, gotta scram! DS and I are headed to Chuck E. Cheese and the Library on this HOT HOT day! BBL!:cool:

I found this thread on the 2nd page!!! WTH!?!?! :eek::eek::eek::p

Today's work out plan is ZWOW #18 (why not do it with me, Katie? ;)) and possibly some gym cardio afterwards but not sure about that yet.

Last night's gym plan bit the dust coz neither myself nor DH wanted to go out in the nasty hot weather and start sweating just to go sweat some more at the gym and then sweat even MORE when it's time to leave! :confused:

On a positive note, my abs are super duper sore from my yoga work out y'day. Makes me happy! :)

That's all for now...BBL though!:cool:

Last edited:
Morning BodyRockers!

Today I did HiiT 40/20 + AC: Yoga-Based + a wee bit of stretching. I just wasn't feeling the stretching this morning so after about 5 minutes (or less :eek:) I decided to throw in the towel (literally, lol).

Wendy: Awww man I didn't see your post until just now and i've already done my workout! Otherwise I definitely would have done Zwow 18 with you. :mad: :p It's been scorching hot here all week too. I hate the heat. :confused: We sill don't know yet on the gender. We are just waiting and waiting and waiting. :confused: I'm really hoping we hear something soon!! We bought this bedding set (on sale mind you) and if it's a boy i'll play up the blues/greens and if it's a girl i'll play up the pinks and yellows. Peter Rabbit™ Nursery Bedding | Pottery Barn Kids

Wiggie: WTG kicking some Afterburn arse! :eek:;):p I must admit the CrossFire clip makes Afterburn look like pie (okay not really, but CrossFire just makes me plain skeered). :eek::p Thank you for the kinds words about the baby furniture. I'm so excited about it! I LOVE girl baby clothes too. I'm going to a baby shower this Saturday for my friend, who is having a girl, and I can't wait to go shopping tomorrow for a gift (i'm sure i'll end up buying way to many little girl dresses, shirts, etc.). :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.