STS Body Rockers - Week of June 10th!

ricklyk1

Cathlete
Hi ladies!

Getting us started for the week! I just finished making light(er) banana bread (yum!), and after grocery shopping, laundry, and closet cleaning (ugh) I hope to sneak in a workout this afternoon. BBL to report and catch up on personals! :)

Good morning ladies!

No workout for me yesterday, plan on doing something small today - maybe yoga, or just one of the stretchmax sessions... deciding :)

Hi Katie - Wow, you've been busy already! Yum, I love banana bread!

Hi Bridget, Wiggie and Wendy!

Hope you all have a great day!

Kris

Hello All!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! It's raining right now, not hard, just enough to make it nice & cool!

No workout Friday, I worked a 24hr shift, Saturday I did JM BR wk 6 & 7. I'm really enjoying them, did I say that already? :D I will probably do wk 8 & 9 today, we'll see.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend, it goes by entirely too fast!! :(

Well I changed my mind & did Shoulders & Arms from Supreme 90, 30 minutes of Step 2 Success & Total Body Stretching(Cathe).

Sleep well All!!

Good Morning Ladies.:)

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Y'day's work out was ZWOW # 8 and 5/8's :)p) of STS Ext. Stretch. I wanted to do a full yoga work out but I just didn't have time b/c I had a full schedule instead! lol

Today I thinking about 30 minutes of cardio at the gym and then home for that yoga work out! :)

Katie:: Ok so I've now done 2 ZWOW/BR's to your 1 which means you need to catch up young lady! ;):p

Kris:: So what did you choose for your work out y'day?

Wiggie:: A 24 hour shift!?! Holy cow!!!:eek: Great work outs!!!

BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Morning!

I forgot to stop back by yesterday and report my workout, oops! To catch up, I did the following workouts this weekend:

Saturday - Bob's workout 1 & 2 (tough stuff!)
Sunday - Cardio Supersets + Step Premix (sweat fest)
Monday - Bob's Totally Ripped Core + 1/3 of Stretch Max 1 (I ran out of time)

I'm still working through all my Bob workouts. I think I just have one left (ultimate cardio I think). I've really enjoyed his workouts; it's been a nice change from Cathe. My biggest complaint is that sometimes he does strength moves too fast for me. I feel like it's more momentum than strength. At first it frustrated me, now I just slow down the moves to my pace. ;)

Wendy: Uh oh, i'm getting behind! :p Wednesday is my next cardio day and I'm thinking about doing either the BodyRock Psychopath Workout you posted last week or Zwow #13. Decisions, decisions! :p ;) I love that you did 5/8 of the Extended Stretch! LOL!!!

Wiggie: Yay for the rain! :D It's soooo dry here that i've been doing a rain dance (not really, lol). :p Wow, a 24 hour shift. That's crazy talk! ;) Great job with your Supreme 90 workout! I need to get that series... (mental note).

Kris: What workout did you do yesterday? I love a nice stretch workout. I always feel wonderful afterwards. :) I love banana bread too (maybe a little too much). :eek: :)

Hi Bridget!!

Hello again.

Work out is done!

5 min w/u on EXT + 10 min on stairclimber + 20 min Itread #3 + lower abs + 60 mins of Body Electric (Kundalini Yoga).

The yoga work out is the one I purchased and said it's totally not my style. Well I skipped the parts I had tried (and did not like) the first time and moved on to what I hadn't done yet. Gotta say I enjoyed it for the most part. Totally different from what I am used to and the music is awful (lol) but a good work out none the less. There are a few more parts I just couldn't "hack" and had to skip but now that I've been through the entire DVD one time I know what I like and I don't and have decided that it's worth keeping b/c I actually liked MOST of it!:D I MIGHT even try purchasing another one by the same instructors. They've put out 20+ dvds and some of the descriptions have sparked my interest! :)

Katie:: Great work outs you did!!! Glad you are enjoying Bob so far. The Bobs Work Outs are both very good but don't all those ridiculously long breaks that the guy in work out #2 takes irritate you? OMG it drives me nuts! I can't fast forward through those parts fast enough! LOL It IS an excellent upper body work out though-it fries me!!! Speaking of BR/ZWOW- I still need to do the Psychopath work out myself! :rolleyes: One day this week for sure! ;)

Ok, I'm still all gross over here..time to shower and eat something!!!

BBL or tmrw!:cool:

Last edited:
Good morning All!!

Monday's workout was S90 Legs & Body Rev Cardio 1. I've had S90 a while but only did the cardio dvds. I am really liking the strength. It gets a lot done in a short amount of time. I'm still feeling the tricep work & by the end of Legs I was tired!! :eek:

Have a great day All!! ;)

Hi all!

Today's workout was Bob's Ultimate Cardio Body. Sweatfest!! :)

Wiggie: Great job!! I love that amazing feeling of accomplishment when I finish a tough workout and feel exhausted. :p ;)

Wendy: Excellent mish-mosh yesterday! Great to hear you gave the yoga workout another shot and liked it a bit more. ;) Sometimes I have to do a workout a few times before I get the "feel" of it (i.e. Cardio Supersets - I hated it at first and now I love it, lol). Yeah the long breaks are irritating. I just kept going and finished a little early. :) P.S. I've "officially" scheduled Zwow #13 for tomorrow. I'm a little nervous. :eek:

Good Morning! :)

I did all of STS D3 Legs this morning and my intention is to hit the gym for a short cardio later on with DH.

So I ended up ordering TWO more Kundalini Yoga dvds instead of just one and I have 2 or 3 more "saved" for future purchase along with 2 others that are of the style I am used to which I guess would be power vinyasa yoga. :D

Katie:: Great job with Bob once again!!! ZWOW 13 you say? You'll do fine! ;) Not sure when I'll do another one of Z's work outs but soon enough I am sure...maybe Friday...I have alot to cram into a little time that day because we have a Wedding to go to that starts at 4pm...Should be fun but the whole Friday afternoon wedding thing bugs me...I get that it's a way to save $ but at the expense of being a giant PITA for your guests and basically ASKING people to NOT show up for the ceremony!!!:rolleyes: We are fortunate to be able to make it for this one but there have been some in the past that sorry but we just couldn't and only attended the reception which isn't even the IMPORTANT part! :confused: Ok sorry for that mini-rant! I'll shut up now!:p

Wiggie:: Great work outs! You had me tempted to do S90 legs intead of STS legs when I read your post this morning but I decided to stick to my guns and go with my original plan. I'm proud of me coz as you know it doesn't take much for me to change my mind!!! :p

Ok, I gotta jet. I have some shopping to get done before 1pm. DS gets out of school early for the remainder of the week so I need to be done before that and then he gets to come to the nail salon with me at 2:30 so I can get my mani/pedi done for the wedding! Lucky kid! :D;):p If he's TRULY lucky his father will come save him on his way home from work. He'll still have to be there a while but atleast not for the whole appoinment. LOL

BBL or tmrw morning!:cool:

Hello all
I'm off from work this week- dd is out of school, camp doesn't begin for another week, so we are having a mom & me week. We left Sunday morning by train to go to Washington DC, took in a moonlight tour, then spent all day Monday at the Smithsonian Air & Space, Natural Science & History museums- carrying our necessities with us on backpack before taking the metro to Union Station for a midnight train home- got in this morning. Train was 2hours late, I don't sleep well on the train...etc...

I would not deny the exercise of walking, walking and walking in Washington- I feel fortunate that my current fitness level- and comfortable shoes allowed me to keep up with my 10 yr old.

Tonight is the fun run for beer, tomorrow I will take in a spinning class. Sunday I tried my new running app, and ran 4.66miles in 45 minutes need to get up to 6 by the end of the month- no problem!

Wiggie- 5am is the best time to workout for me- the trick is to get to bed early at night. 10pm or later is too late, I like to have my eyes closed and head on pillow before 9.

Wendy- of all the adventures we have planned this week, a mani-pedi is not one of them- dd would be more receptive to this than your son I would think! I may have to put this one on the list- she would love it!

Kris- ah, a stretch workout or a rest day? Which do you decide on?

Katie- how do you lighten banana bread? I saw paleo french toast without any bread before- seems counterproductive. The Paleo thing intrigues me, but I would miss my grains.

Have a great day all!

Bridget

Good Morning. :)

Got in a 30 min (including w/u + c/d) TM run last night as planned plus I worked obliques on the machine there..

Today will be some yoga/stretching only I think. I was going to do something with it but I don't think I'm up for anything else and that's okay. :) I have a big to-do list today anyway...I have to clean up and put DS' room back in order now that the painting is completed and I have some more shopping to do for DS and DH..

Bridget:: Sounds like a fantastic though exhausting day with your DD. While I am out of work I will have my son home with me 3 days a week this summer so I'll need to find ways to keep him busy so he doesn't drive me batty. His last day of school is Monday. He's on all half days until then so I'll consider this week the test to see if we want to kill eachother. :p Yes I am sure your DD would love a mani/pedi day with mom! Go for it!:)

That's all for now but I'll BBL I am sure...:cool:

Morning!

Today's workout was a mish-mosh of the following: Cathe warmup + Zwow #13 (16 minute tabata workout) + Bob's YFTW Abs + Cathe Stretch Max 2. I loved the flow of this mix. It started out challenging with the tabata, then eased up a little (but not much) with Bob's core work, and then really slowed down with stretch max. :)

Bridget: Awwww it's great that you are getting to spend quality time with DD! You visited some fantastic places this week too. How did the fun run for beer go last night? I'm sure you kicked butt!! :) I lighten banana bread by cutting back on the sugar and butter, and adding ground flaxseed. Next time i'm going to try substituting honey for some of the sugar. Still not a "healthy" food but it's a nice way to have a treat without falling completely off the wagon. :)

Wendy: Take me shopping!!! :p :D Work has been soooo boring and slow this week. LOL @ your mini-rant. I've actually never been invited to a Friday wedding, but I agree it would be annoying having to rush from work to the wedding or, like you said, missing the ceremony all together. Did DH rescue your son? :p

Good morning ladies!

Been pretty quiet workout (stretch or otherwise) wise for me. I've done some walking, but haven't put in an actual workout. Since it's an "active" recovery week, I probably ought to put some "active" into it, but it's been kind of nice regardless, I'll be starting month 2 of my rotation on Saturday. My hubby left for work in Texas Monday night, so it will be pretty quiet around here, but not so much yet because I have my parents bassett hound staying with me while they went on a trip (and she's the one that didn't like our foster dog), all is going pretty well thank goodness.

Sounds like you guys have been getting some great workouts in!

Hi Wendy - your workouts always motivate me - you're so creative! (and ambitious)

Hi Bridget - Enjoy your time off! How was the fun run? :) Sounds like a lot of fun!

Hi Katie - Bob's workout sounds like a goodie:)

Hi Wiggie - Great job on your S90 and Body Rev workouts - sounds awesome.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

Kris

Hello Ladies. :)

One final check-in in while dinner cooks...Going bowling after dinner so if I don't check in now it isn't happening again until tmrw...

I ended up doing YogaWorks: Body Slim (50 mins) finally at about 2:30. Felt great. I really love this one!

Katie, I might dare to recommend today's yoga dvd to you if you were interested in perhaps purchasing another one! It's not as tough as Bob but it's a goody! Fast paced "cardio" yoga intervalled with slow "feel the burn" style yoga.:) Awesome mish-mosh, girlfriend! Who did you learn to mosh from coz who ever it is, she taught you well! ;):cool: LOL Hey I would love to go shopping with you! Anytime-just hop on a plane and get over to Jersey and we can shop all day and all night if you want to! :D Yeup, luckily for BOTH my son and myself, DH sure did rescue him y'day. Good thing too b/c he was only getting himself into more and more trouble the longer he stayed there...:mad:

Kris, Hope you are enjoying recovery!!! Remind me again what 2 month rotation you will be starting?? I was thinking about a "recovery" week but they are soooo hard for me. If I take one I think I will just do yoga all week. That's probably the best I'll be able to do especially since I am not working right now!!!:eek: So I recall you saying that your DH travels often for business so he is gone alot? Has it always been that way for you guys? Sometimes when he is makin' me crazy I WISH my DH would travel like that! :p:D;) LOL

BBITAM!:cool:

Good morning All!!

Tuesday's workout was S90 Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Wednesday's workout was S90 Legs chased by Fire 45. I have been watching the Tapout XT infomercial over & over, I need to stop or I'll end up ordering it. It looks pretty extreme. It's mixed martial arts which I love!!

Kris, it's good to listen to your body & give it a rest every now & then.

Katie, I agree with Wendy, you are getting really good at this mish-mosh stuff!! ;)

Wendy, great workouts!! I'm so glad your DH saved your DS!! I can only imagine the trouble he was getting in!! :D

Bridget, sounds like you & your DD had a ball!!

Have a great day All!!

Hello ladies!

Today's workout was High Reps. Holy burn batman! :D

Wiggie: Nice job with Supreme 90! The Tapout XT concept sounds very interesting. I'm going to have to check out the infomercial too! I'm all about getting new workouts, so if you've got the money I say go for it!! :D :p ;)

Wendy: I checked and the yoga workout you did yesterday is available on Netflix. YAY! I added it to my queue. I've got 4-5 workout DVDs ahead of it but hopefully I can give it a shot soon. I learned how to mish-mosh from the best. Two guesses who that might be. ;) :p

Kris: Glad to hear you're enjoying your active recovery week! We all need a break every once in awhile. Enjoy the time off! How long will your hubby be gone? My DH just accepted a new job that's going to require him to travel a lot. He'll be gone M-Th every week for at least two months. I'm going to miss him of course but at the same time it will be kinda nice to have the house to myself a few days a week. ;)

Hi Bridget!!

Good Morning Ladies. :)

Katie inspired me with her fabulous mish-mosh from y'day so I decided to do one today myself and it went like this...

I warmed up with 2 1/2 mins of jump rope followed by 2 1/2 mins of hooping then I went on to the following: Burpee Fusion BR, Bob's Ultimate Cardio Glute Challenge, and Cathe's muscle conditioning segment including abs and stretch from Slide and Glide for a total of a 65 minute azz kicker!!!!:eek::D

Wiggie:: Great S90 work outs! I have heard Tapout XT is good but I don't personally know the gal who is saying that. She's a friend of a friend so I'm taking the opinnion with a grain of salt..Looks challenging though from what I've seen!

Katie:: Great idea to look for that work out on Netflix. I always forget to do that! Great way to try before you buy! When you get to it let me know what you think! :) Great job with High Reps!!!

BBL!

Hello Ladies!!

What device do you ladies use to access Netflix? I didn't realize you could watch workout dvds too!!

I just bought Supreme 90 at Big Lots for $4!!! SCORE!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wiggie: Just go to Netflix.com and sign up! A few workout videos are available to watch directly on your computer, but most of the "good ones" (in my opinion, lol) you have to rent and wait for them to come in the mail.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.