STS Body Rockers - Week of July 24th!

itsup2me

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!!

A new week already! Time flies:) I wanted to do a step video this a.m. - so I just kind of picked a random one and ended up doing Power Max - besides for the clothes being a little distracting, it was good:) Then I also do AC - No Equipment. My triceps and chest are feeling yesterday's STS for sure.

Welcome back Bridget! Glad you had a nice (busy) time away! Sounds like a good recovery week, congratulations on passing your test! Woo hoo!

Hi Katie, Wendy, Kiki!

I am getting ready to head out for the day - but will try to check back later. Have a great day everyone!

Kris

Hi girlies! I just wanted to pop in and report my weekend activities! Saturday I did CCC + SM (stability ball). Major puke factor with CCC! :eek: Today I did Disc 34 (chest/back) + 4DS: HIS. Felt great today!

Kris - thanks so much for starting this week's thread (and getting the date right - haha). :)

Bridget - so glad to have you back!!

Be back in the A.M. to catch up on personals!!!!

Katie

Hi Katie - great job on Disc 34 and 4 DS HIS - awesome! Also on CCC, I've got that one planned this week :eek:

Hi Wendy - Great BR workout it looks like:) I hope you liked the chicken recipe!

Forgot to share a non scale victory with you guys - yesterday one of my DH's friends came by - it's probably been 6 months since I saw him - and when I walked in the room - he said "where did you go??? You've lost weight - Wow, you look great!" :D:eek:

Have a great night!

Kris

Good morning! It's Monday...ew. :p

Today I did MMA: Fusion. I meant to do the workout wearing weighted gloves but I, um, kinda forgot. :eek: I mean, it was 5:30 in the morning (that's the best excuse I can come up with :D ). Still I worked up a decent sweat so i'm happy. :)

Kris: YAY on the fabulous comment from your DH's friends!! It's great when all your hardwork pays off. :) Oh my goodness i'm so embarrased. I can't believe you heard about that stupid Casey Anthony booth all the way in Arizona. Pardon me while I go find a "holler" to hide in for awhile. :eek: :rolleyes:

Bridget: Congrats on passing your test!!!!! That's fantastic! I'm so glad to hear your had a fantabulous time at the reunion and on vacation! Are you gearing up for Meso 2? It's a goody! :)

Wendy: Great workouts this past weekend! KCM Split Sessions is on my "wanna buy" list so i'm glad you gave it a "Yeowch" - that's always a great review in my book! ;) :p How did the taco chicken recipe turn out? I've actually been craving chicken tacos lately so I may have to try that as well! Thanks for that Kris!

Kiki: Hope you're still hanging in there girlie!

Autumn: We miss you! Hope to hear from you soon!

Katie

Ok so I just NOW saw this thread! Seems that perhaps I was talking to myself on the other thread I think! LOL Here's my posts copied over...

From last night-

Hey All.

Quick catch up for me....

Today's work out: half of HiiT DWP, 3 Breathless Body Drills and weights abs/core from Rapid Fire KB and Core Burn.

Yesterday's work out: KCM Split Sessions Upper (YEOWCH!) + Tonique Mat (on back up to but not including bicycles).

Tomorrow: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv
Hoping to have the time and energy for a cardio add on of some sort but time will tell!

Kris: Put your taco chicken crock pot recipe together tonight so we can have it for dinner tomorrow! Excited! Thank you for sharing!

Bridget: Congrats on passing and glad you had a great vacation!

BBITAM!:cool:

and from this moring-

Hello ladies.

So I banged out BR this morning and then managed to do my own short cardio afterwards that looked like this:

4 mins of jump rope, 1 mins of jumping jacks, 30secs of rest x3 rounds for a 16 minute total add on to BR.

I was a sweaty mess when I was done.

Great 30ish min total work out!!!!:D

Last edited:
Now for today's personals....

Katie:: I think the taco chkn is going to be yummy! I can just tell! :D Yeah yeah, likely excuse re the weighted gloves! :p Yes, get Split Sessions! It's really good!!!!!!

Kris:: YAY for my fellow compliment-getter! Isn't it awesome? I got 2 compliments myself this weekend! :D

Hi there!

I did Disc 20 (legs) this a.m.:eek: Really felt it, but it felt good.

I am really itching to try MMA fusion Katie! Glad to hear you got a good sweat from it... :) even without the weighted gloves :eek: Lol on the "holler" - too funny! I love the new picture!!!

Wendy - Hope you enjoy the chicken:) Great workout it sounds like for you! Great job! Yeah, very nice to get a compliment - feel like I'm working so hard I want someone to notice some change besides me:)

Hi Bridget and Kiki:)

Hope you all have a great day!

Kris

Hey ladies! I'm back! No dog, no migraine, no achilles pain (woot woot! :eek: ), and no more painter! Whew! I'm so ready to get back in my groove. The house is all put back together, and although it was a pain :mad:, I'll be the first to admit...it.looks.AWESOME! DH and his guys did such a nice job in those two rooms, and the painter did SO much better than we could have ever done DIY. This was the first time we had a pro painter come in (usually DH does it, and he's not too shabby either) and it was well worth it. There is just so much more attention to detail.

Anyway, after 3yrs off from my w/o's :rolleyes:, I decided to start my rotation over that I was doing before, so today was S&H:CB, and I loved every stinkin, arm shaking, minute of it! :p I'm a bit hesitant to step on the scale, not really sure what to expect, after so much downtime. But I think I'm gonna conquer it by morning, because it's time for a reality check. :confused:

Bridget: Welcome back! Congrats on passing! We knew you would ;). Can't wait to hear your take on M2, it's a whole new ball game. :p

Kris: I can't believe you're on Disc 20 already! Where is the time going? Soon you'll be complaining about the hour long rests between each set in M3 :p It's always funny to me that so many people think that the rests in M2 and 3 are too long, I love them, lol. But before working out w/Cathe, I was always that kinda weight lifter, lol :rolleyes: . You know the one that lifts super heavy for like 6 reps and then takes a stroll around the block before starting the next set :eek:. Except in my case, it was more like go put in a load of laundry in the washer, take one out of the dryer, fold the clothes, put them away, put dinner in the crockpot, bread in the oven....then go do the next set :rolleyes: . Yep, I was that bad ;). Plus, I am completely failing at my max weight, so I really feel like I earned/need that rest. I also feel like it's just the perfect amount of time for me to take a swig of water, change weights, move crap out of the way for the next move, take a quick stretch, and she's ready to go again. I suppose if I didn't have the adjustable weight issue, I might think differently :confused: (they take me FOREVER to switch out constantly)

Katie: Love the new avatar, lady;). I'm assuming that's DH..:confused: lol. I still haven't unleashed MMA:Fusion from prison, yet. I didn't know how achilles friendly it was. And for CCC, I still get the puke factor, too :rolleyes:. That and the Hiit's do it to me every time. Got your post STS plans in the works yet?

Wendy: So how are ya liking the BR rotation so far? Sounds like you're knocking 'em dead over there. :cool: What was your time on it today, like 13 minutes? Thanks for the review on KCM split sessions, that one's been in my cart for a while, too :p

Okay all your KCM fans (especially Wendy), I have a question for you. I'm trying to choose a KCM kickboxing/boxing/cardio workout to go along with split sessions. Right now i've narrowed it down to (i) TLC and (ii) 30 minutes to fitness: Kickboxing. Which do you prefer?? I was also considering 30MF: Cardio Blast but I really want some kickboxing thrown in there somewhere. Oh geez I just can't decide!!!

Katie:: Cardio Blast has step in it and I am not a fan of her step. It might be that one though that I kept because of the plyo work out that's also on it?? Not sure but I returned 2 others that were step cause I don't care for her step style. JMHO though. As for the other two...that's a toughie. They are both good. Kickboxing is just that. Pure KB. TLC has a boxing work out and an athletic work out on it. Both are intense with lots of interesting premixes to mix it up. I love them both. I guess it depends on what you are looking for! TLC is not KB. It's boxing only but the athletic work out puts a hurtin' on the legs where the boxing obviously won't. You gotta choose here cause I'd tell you to get both! LOL :p

Just finished dinner a little bit ago and OMG KRIS it was fantastic! Thank you soooo much for the recipe!!!! I served it over noodles and YUMYUMYUMMMM! It was kinda points heavy though so I couldn't eat as much of it as I would have liked. BUMMER! :( Next time I think I will pass on the noodles and then I can eat more of the chicken! :D

Good Morning Glories.

DOMS in the quads today! Felt it creeping in when I got up to use the restroom in the middle of the night! :eek:

This was today's work out:: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv + 15 mins of KCM 30mtf K/B (Katie put me in the mood for it w/her post y'day!) and abs/stretch from High Reps. Good stuff! :D I really enjoyed this BR work out. It was a great challenge but it wasn't crazy hard. Some parts were more intense then others but it was a nice mix of tough with not so tough so I was dying the ENTIRE time! :p Hence my energy to do some cardio and abs afterwards! ;)

I was last to post so no personals to catch up with. Guess I'll pop back in later after y'all start coming by!:cool:

Hi everyone. This morning I did SB/SJP: step and hi/low cardio circuit. It was fun and a nice change, even though I stink at hi/low stuff. At one point I was just jumping around like a crazy person because I kept messing up the steps but I wanted to keep my heart rate up. :eek: :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your kind compliments on the new avatar. Yep, that's DH. We took that picture on our Florida vacation a few weeks go. The sunset was gorgeous that evening!

Wendy: I'm glad you found us over here! I was actually starting to wonder about you yesterday..I thought it was odd that you hadn't checked-in for awhile. :p Thanks so much for your thoughts on the KCM workouts. I'm not sure what i'm gonna do. I was thinking of getting 1 KCM weight w/o and 1KCM cardio w/o, but now i'm leaning towards 2 cardio and no weights. I already have lots of weight w/os and i'm really craving new cardio. Okay, typing this I think I convinced myself to get 2 cardio w/os (TLC + 3MF:Kickboxing). Now I just have to dig out my credit card. :D

Kris: Okay after all the rave reviews regarding your chicken recipe now i've just GOT to give it a try. Could you possibly, maybe, if you don't mind, post it again. :eek: I promise i'll write it down this time. :D Let me know what you think about MMA:Fusion! I would definitely add weighted gloves. The cardio portion is rather short (maybe 30 minutes) and only half of that is really intense, so adding weighted gloves would up the intensity factor quite a bit. It's a fun workout!

Kiki: YAY so glad to have you back to full Kiki goodness!! :p I'm happy to hear the paint job was worth the inconvenience and annoyance (to bad I can't say the same thing about that silly bull dog :p ). It still amazes how a fresh coat of paint can completely turn around a room. So what's the rotation you're on now? Is it a Cathe rotation and just one you made up? I'm starting to plan my post-STS workouts and, I know this sounds completely dorky, but i'm really enjoying it! I LOVE mapping things out (I always loved figuring out my class schedule in school). I've decided not to start a rotation focusing on any particular thing (strength, cardio, circuit, etc.) but just to go competely random. So far, after my rest week, i've got a week of 4DS workouts in their entirety and a week of intense cardio fun. After that i'm thinking a week of non-Cathe workouts, just to change it up. I'm getting ready to hopefully order a few KCM workouts plus i've already got Jillian Michaels, Petra Kolber, Patrick Goudeau, etc. I may even throw in a BodyRocker workout! That's as far as i've gotten...:)

Katie

Wendy: So how are ya liking the BR rotation so far? Sounds like you're knocking 'em dead over there. :cool: What was your time on it today, like 13 minutes? Thanks for the review on KCM split sessions, that one's been in my cart for a while, too :p

OMG Kiki, I'm soooo sorry I never responded to this!!! I read it but when I went to actually post I missed it somehow. :eek: 13 minutes? Yeah sure, only if it was a 12 min work out which she DOES have! I think tmrw is that long actually! :D To answer your question, I am in LOVE with Body Rock. Totally and completely IN LOVE! It's fabulous! So when you gonna join me? ;) YES, get KCM Split Sessions!!!!!!!:)

Katie:: I don't mind hi/lo. I just don't care for the hi/lo in SJP. I am giggling picturing you jumping around like out of control Cathlete during your work out! LOL I wish the avitars were bigger! Pic looks great but sooo tiny you can't really see it! GRRRR. :( IMO you can't go wrong with KCM no matter what you decide to get....except for her step ofcourse but even that's just MY personal opinnion! Obvioulsy others like it or she wouldn't make step work outs! :p

Wendy: oh my goodness I looked like a such a dork bouncing around today. I used as my "inspiration" an intoxicated person who can't dance jumping around on a dance floor (ya know, arms flailing, head bopping, etc.). :eek: :eek: I hate that the avatars are so small! If you (or anyone else) wants to see a larger picture it's also on my facebook page: Log In | Facebook

So, i've changed my mind AGAIN about what workouts i'm going to get! I think i'm going to get KCM Train Like a Contender and TurboFire. Of course, by the time I order the damn workouts i'll have probably changed my mind for a third time. :rolleyes: :)

Hi there ladies!

Oh my gosh - do ever have low body DOMs today from Disc 20 yesterday! Sitting and standing back up are a process today! I did manage to get CCC in this a.m. before it really set in - the worse part was actually getting down to do those rolls and stuff - my poor booty! :eek: That is a great workout for sure (lol Katie on the "puke factor" description, I kept thinking that this a.m. and have to agree, never thought of it that way)

Wendy - I'm so glad you loved the chicken recipe!:) Putting it on noodles sounds really good! I've had it many different ways - on a bed of lettuce, on a low fat flour tortilla rolled up burrito style, just plain in a bowl. That BR workout looks great, and awesome on getting in the KCM cardio and abs and stretching too!

Katie - no problem on reposting the recipe! It's just Chicken breasts (4 or 6), a can of light cream of mushroom soup, a packet of taco seasoning and a jar of salsa (whatever kind you like). I use a big bottle of salsa because I love salsa:) (If you like it creamier - you could use 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup) Put the chicken breasts in the crock pot and sprinkle the taco seasoning over (I use the whole packet), then add the soup and salsa. I cook it on High usually around 5-6 hours and then down to Low a couple more, but you could put it on Low and cook it all day long if you wanted. It's one of our favorites for sure:) Sometimes we use Green salsa, sometimes red. Great job on your workout today - I did that PM not too long ago - I liked it alot - lol picturing you jumping around the way you describe:) I know what you mean - sometimes the hi/lo seems more complex than step:) I know about fun plotting out a workout plan too - I like it too:) I'll try MMA fusion this week for sure - I'll use weighted gloves (I swear I will Wendy :eek:)

Kiki - So glad you're back and all healed, painted and bulldogless:) Great job getting back into S&H:CB!!! Too funny about the rest between the exercises, maybe that's it, maybe I'm still not lifting heavy enough - I appreciate the rest on some, but some just feel too long - hmm - I'll have to see if possibly I can increase some of those ones... :) (when I did the 1 RM, I didn't have some of the heavier weights I've obtained since starting STS - so I'd have to do a bunch of them to get to "failure" and even then I would think, 'was that really failure, could I not do 1 more? really?')

Hi Bridget! :)

Hope you all have a great night! I'm off work until 8/1 now:) My sister is here til Friday - so we'll be hanging out, but I'll be around in the a.m. (this is my sister who sleeps much much much later than me :eek: - so I'll still have no problems getting my workouts in and checking in)

Kris

Katie:: I clicked your FB link and sent you a friend request. :)

Kris:: Yes it was fab! I am going to investigate ways to lighten it up a bit so it's got less of a WW point value though. Perhaps I'll use less sour cream (even though I LOVE it) or maybe I'll try half fat free and more salsa!!! Thanks again!!!

Disc 35 (plyo legs) = Check! Boy it was a toughie! I'd say it was the hardest of the 4 plyo leg workouts but it felt great (I think :p ). I also added on the abs segments from push/pull and supersets.

Not feeling so hot this week. I've got some kind of cold/upper respiratory thing going on. I feel like i've got an elephant sitting on my chest. Oddly enough I feel okay when I first get up and workout but about an hour later (when i'm on my way to work) I start feeling awful. Ugh. :confused: Hopefully this will pass soon!

Kris: How are those DOMS feeling today? ;) I remember Disc 20 being especially painful afterwards too. You deserve a medal for doing CCC with legs DOMS!! :) Oh I completley agree that hi/low is more complex than step. Well, maybe I just think that because I step all the time so i'm used to it but I rarely, if ever, do hi/low. Part of me kinda enjoyed bouncing around like an idiot though. :D Thanks so much for the recipe! I've been craving chicken tacos and this sounds perfect. I'm going to give it a try this weekend!

Wendy: Friend request accepted! Speaking of Facebook I really need to get the rest of my vacation pictures posted. I've been slacking lately. :rolleyes: I used to be a Facebook junkie but now I have to be careful what I say because of my law license so I don't post near as much as I used to. I mean really - lawyers don't have ethics and morals so what does it matter?! :rolleyes: ;) KIDDING! :p

Waves to Bridget and Kiki. I hope you gals are having a great week so far!

Katie

Good Morning!

Totally forgot to check-in yesterday! Guess I gotta get back in the groove of that, too, lol :p. I did weigh myself finally yesterday, and it wasn't as bad as I thought, looks like that 3# weight loss that I had before is still keeping me in there, since I'd only put about 1.5# back on, which keeps me where I want to be (since I wasn't trying to lose the 3# in the first place ;) ), so it's all good. Yesterday's w/o was Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme, that was a goodie, and I did the Stability ball stretch from SM.

Katie: Did you hit "complete" on the purchase yet, or ya still changing your mind over there? :p Can't wait to hear what you finally decide! I know what you mean about planning out your rotations, I love it too. Sometimes I get carried away, though. The other day, DH looked over my shoulder, and was "seriously? November?! :rolleyes: Tell me you're not planning your w/o's out that far" :eek: Hope you're not coming down w/anything serious :confused:

Kris: I suppose I'm gonna have to make this famous chicken soon, too. Sounds right up our alley, because a) I adore using the crockpot, and b)DH adores anything "mexican-ish", lol. Should be perfect. And yes, when you get to M3, GO HEAVY! If you don't those rests may just drive you insane, lol :eek:

Wendy: I keep looking through the BR w/o's to see if there's something I wanna throw in here or there, but then I walk away and forget/don't pick anything, lol. I used to do them back in the day (when she was blond, lol) but guess I've just gotten into a DVD kick. I go through phases. Before, I rarely did DVD's - just routines from mags, BodyBuilding.com, or sites like BR, stumptuous.com, M&F (hers OR his ;) ), etc. But then I felt like I was cutting myself too much slack at times (see my post to Kris about doing laundry in between sets, rofl :rolleyes: ), especially w/cardio, so I switched to vids for a while to push myself more. We'll see how long this lasts (it typically continues back and forth :cool: )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.