STS Body Rockers - Week of July 15th!

ricklyk1

Cathlete
STS Body Rockers - Week of July 17th!

Oh this is my first time starting the new thread. I feel so special. :D :p

Sorry i've been MIA. Crazy, emotional weekend. :rolleyes: Here's what i've been up to workout wise.

Friday: Rest
Saturday: HiiT Pyramid + CM (15 minutes)
Sunday: Disc 31 (C/B) + 4DS:BC (cardio only)

I wasn't able to increase my weight today for several of the exercises in Disc 31 (one arm rows, rows, bench presses, etc.) because I ran out of weights! I should have bought the next size up dumbbells (I don't have a barbell :( ) but I couldn't justify spending $50(ish) on weights right now. :mad: Oh well. I went a little crazy during the workout instead. I sometimes shortened the rest periods (I know Cathe would kick my butt for that), occassionally I added an extra rep or two, and sometimes I just went to complete failure. :eek:

Kiki: Is that bulldog finally gone?!?! I hope so for your sanity. ;) The picture of your little puppy is adorable!! Poor thing being tormented by the mean ole' bulldog. You've got some fantastic sounding new workouts! Can't wait to hear all about them. Are you feeling any better? TTOM still getting you down?

Wendy: I think I may add in a few BR workouts too. Just to change it up. I started today mapping out a few workouts post-STS. I'm thinking lots of circuits and lots of cardio! What cardio did you decide on for today?

Autumn: Great job finishing your first week of RKS! I'm sorry to hear your little ones aren't feeling well. Any better today?

Kris: Step Blast is a great step workout - and both mentally and physically tough! It was one of my first Cathe workouts and, though i'm pretty good at step, it still took me awhile to get the moves down. Way to go! :) I completely KWYM re: not wanting to drag out equipment after a STS workout. I find myself gravitating towards low/no equipment cardio routines too. What did you think about MMA:Kickbox? That's the only MMA DVD I don't have. I really like MMA Boxing and MMA Fusion is - eh, okay...not my favorite but not horrible either. I hope you're having a fun time golfing!

Katie

Last edited:
Hi Katie - wow, I completely forgot to start a new thread this a.m. when I posted:) Thank you for starting us off! I like MMA Kickbox - it's a good workout, goes pretty fast - core work at the end too, which I like/need :)
Golf was fun - I didn't do great, but didn't expect to :rolleyes:. It was about 110 degrees when we finished so we're both pretty worn out now. Didn't get sunburned so that's a plus. (Lots of reapplying sunscreen) We went to Red Lobster afterward... ordered Salmon, then the waitress encouraged (not hard) me to try the new orleans style... which is some type of sauce that I didn't need - but it was good, good.... we hardly ever go out to eat, so it was a nice splurge, nice day:) Looking forward to Legs, disc 17 tomorrow - yikes!

Kiki - yep, agree with Katie, hope your bulldog visit is over:)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hi Wendy :) - great job on Imax 3!!! I'm too scared to try that one - parts of it were in Hardcore Extreme - so got a taste, but that's it so far! :eek: Glad to know you don't always use the weighted gloves for kickbox:)

Oh, meant to say before - with golf - my first hit (drive) was much better than it used to be... I must credit Cathe (and probably STS) for that:) My DH was impressed!

The other thing that happened today was our well wouldn't work (after my shower, thank you very much well) - so we had no water for a while :( - such a bad feeling, it happens occasionally and our neighbor (with who we share the well) is usually able to fix it - This evening we have water again, thank goodness!

OMG ya'll, today was my first time starting the new thread and I completely screwed it up! As you probably noticed, I labeled the thread the week of July 15th instead of July 17th. :eek: Oops. Sorry about that. Maybe I have some secret love for July 15th. :p Geez i'm such a loser. :confused: :p And someone seriously gave me a law degree?!?!?! :rolleyes: I tried to change the name, but can't figure out how to do it...at least I got a good laugh when I noticed the wrong date.

Good Morning Friends in Fitness!:)

Today is the day! There's no turning back now! It's BODY ROCK TIME! YEAH! :cool:

I am starting with last Monday's routine (July 11) and following along from there and here I go so wish me luck....!!!!!!!:eek:

BBIAB!!!!

ETA:: Did the 7/11 BR routine plus half of JM 6 week six pack work out #2 and the band routine from Stretch Max. Home from work today. Called in dead-bad night's sleep and was craving a "mental health day" anyway so today is it!!! Off for a nap now since I was up early to get my work out in-wasn't sure when I got up that I was calling out so had to get the work out in either way. Good night! ;)

Last edited:
Hi there ladies -

I did Disc 17 and Bootcamp Cardio Premix this a.m. (though the PM kind of gave me trouble, sort of "stuck" - so I ended up adding some of my own jumping jacks, etc... bummer, hate it when there's an issue with a dvd). The main BC workout seems ok, just the premix - oh well. My legs are feeling Disc 17 tonight:) yay - lower body Doms again :eek: My triceps are still feeling Saturdays workout too...

We have storms here tonight, big dust storm in Phoenix again it sounds like - I hate storms - I always just know we are going to lose power... I'm such a pessimist. :eek: Anyway, if I'm not on for a while that could be why - hopefully my computer battery would allow me to get my workout in anyway... lol - look at what I'm worried about - go figure... who'd have thunk it?

Katie - Lol on the date in the title - I actually didn't notice, shows how observant of a nurse I am right? :eek:

Wendy - great job on your BR workout! Good for you for a MH day - got to do that sometimes.

Hi Kiki, Autumn, Tracy and Bridget!

Have a great night everyone,

Kris

So I did BodyRock's Marine Corps w/o (7/12) this morning. :eek::eek::eek: It was about 30 mins of HELL! LOL I messed it up quite a few times too cause it was kinda complicated and it's hard to read what you are supposed to do next when you are exhausted!:p It's okay tho cause regardless I was workin' my tail off, panting and sweating the entire time! So much so that I acheived the biggest puke status EVER!!!!! Felt that way for about 30 minutes post work out!!! Did STS extended stretch afterwards and it wasn't very relaxing because I thought I was going to hurl through most of it. LOL

BBIAB...

Hi ladies! I stopped by yesterday to post but apparently never did! LOL. I thought I did....oops! :eek: :)

Well, yesterday I did Drill Max Ultra Cardio Blast + CM (stability ball workout). I cheated slightly on the DM premix. The 5th cardio round (jumping back and forth) really hurts my knees so I only did that round once instead of twice. :eek: :D I had also forgotten how tough Core Max is - I worked up a great burn in my abs!

I haven't worked out yet today, but plan on doing Imax 2 in an hour or two. I'm working from home today (and yesterday) because my office is getting a makeover (new carpet). I love working from home but tend to be a little distracted. :eek: :rolleyes:

Kris: Golf in 110 degree?!?! That's crazy talk! :p Thanks for your feedback on MMA Kickboxing. I love kickboxing, but heard mixed reviews on that one! Great job on Disc 17! Those lower body STS w/os are killers aren't they? :) I hate to hear that your BC premix messed up. I HATE when that happens! Occassionally i'll get a DVD that "sticks" for 2-5 seconds but i've never heard on freeze up all together. Have you thought about emailing customer service? I saw the dust storm that hit Phoenix on the Today show. WOW, it looked crazy! I hope you're okay and you didn't lose power!!!

Wendy: WAY TO GO on the BR Marine Corps w/o! I have friends in the Marines (and seriously considered joining myself back in my "younger" days) and if the BR w/o is anything like an actual Marine w/o than my hat is off to you. BIG round of applause because Marine w/os are CRAZY hard! You're one tough gal! :) 30 minutes of hell = one smokin' hot, fit, healthy bod! :eek:

Wow, it's been quiet around here lately...Kiki, Autumn, and Bridget - hope you gals are having a great week so far!

Anyone heard anything from Tracy?!?! I hope she's doing okay...

Back to work!
Katie

Hey ladies, bulldog is finally gone ( he stayed 2 days PAST a week :mad: )! But, we are having several rooms in our house painted this week, so I'm back to using my phone as a laptop, lol. All of the furniture is in the middle of the floor, & all PCs are broken down and covered somewhere :rolleyes: Fun stuff

Since all of my kitchen appliances are in my w/o room. I'm playin it by ear for the w/o plan this week. I'm pretty much relegated to my tiny bedroom as far as privacy/workouts, so I've been doing mostly no equipment type stuff. Thats in addition to still taking it easy on the Achilles (still acting up :( ). I originally thought maybe I could do some BR w/o's since I have lack of space/equipment & TV, lol ( just a mini DVD player :p ), but idk if I can find one that's Achilles friendly. :confused:

I did manage to do MMA Boxing (minus jumping) yesterday, but that's about it. No idea what I'm doing today, I'll have to report later on that one.

Hi there!

LIS Cardio Premix for me this a.m. - ouch ouch on a couple of the intensity blasts for my poor sore legs. :confused:

Hi Katie - I thought about contacting customer service about that workout, couldn't hurt I guess though I've had the disc for quite a long time, not even sure when I bought it, guess I'd never done that premix, it was odd - it kind of stalled in one spot, then when I fast forward and rewound, it seemed ok until another spot, then it wouldn't let me fast forward or rewind, would just go back to the start. There is a tiny scratch toward the very inside ring of the disc. I don't know, I'll try it again maybe and see if it's ok. If not, maybe I'll try Customer service - thanks for the advice:) Hope Imax 2 was good! :eek:

Hi Kiki - Sorry your ankle is still bothering you - what a bummer. Great job getting in MMA boxing (I should have that one and fusion tomorrow - yay!) Glad your bulldog duty is done:)

Hi Wendy - wow, must have been a tough tough BR workout, with all you do - that's saying something that one hit you that hard! Yikes! Great job getting it done!

Hi to Bridget, Autumn and Tracy if you're checking in:) Hope you're all doing good!

Have a great night everyone:)

Kris

Good Morning.

Today I am resting. I need it. Y'day's assasination of a work out was my 8th work out in a row! :eek: My lats are on fi-yah this morning over all the push ups that Zuzana made me do btw!

Kris, I am into an actual BR rotation now so they get done first and everything else is secondary. That being said, I was able to "hit it hard" cause it was my w/o for the day. If I had something else planned I would NOT have been able to do it! I was shot! :p Yes, 2 out of the 3 LIS blasts are leg burners for sure! Love that! :D IMAX3 took me a while to learn as well. Like I said about the BR work out-it's hard to concentrate when you are DYING so the learning curve is steeper for IMAX3 then for some of the trickier but less intense work outs!:eek:;)

Kiki, Did you say a BR work out?! Let me know if you find one that works for you! Not everything is impact! Take a look around!

Katie, I give you more credit for just CONSIDERING enlisting in the Marines then I give myself for doing that work out!:eek: So did you get a work out in y'day? Tracy pops in now and then but with her injury as it is, she isn't posting regularly cause she can't work out at all. booh. BTW- I didn't notice the incorrect date on thread at all. I can be quite UNobservant and in my own world at times. :rolleyes::p

Guess that's all for now. I have been very lax about posting in general lately but especially personals so I wanted to get em done while I had some extra time! :)

BBL~

So Kiki...someone reminded me that the new Cathe work outs are due out end of aug or in sept some time. Do you think it's wise to plan a new rotation to begin around that same time? IDK about you but I'm gonna want a little play time with the new stuff! Want to play the start date for our rotation by ear so that it won't get interrupted? We can start it AFTER the new work outs are released and we've had our fill. Deal? ;)

Hi ladies!

I'm back to my normal work schedule so I drug my sorry butt out of bed this morning just to have it kicked by plyo legs (Disc 32)! Actually, I think it was my favorite plyo legs workout yet! Is it possible to have "fun" working out at 5:30 am?? :p I also added on abs from Lean Hot Body. I've only done that workout once (in its entirety) and, a much as I love STS, i'm looking forward to getting back to some of the other strength and circuit workouts that I love so much!

Wendy: Just the mention of the new workouts gets me excited! :eek: I've really been enjoying the pictures lately. Yep, I snuck in Imax 2 + abs from High Reps yesterday afternoon. I know this sounds crazy but Imax 2 isn't to bad for me anymore. Granted, it's the Cathe workout i've done the most over the years (i've done it a LOT) but I just love it so much! Now that HR abs workout is a killer! Short and sweet but holy crap batman it was tough. I really wanted to join the Marines but i've had bad knees since high school and I was worried my knees would prevent me from giving the Marines my all, and i'm not the type of girl to do anything half way. :rolleyes: If I could talk my DH out of moving out of Ky I would seriously consider joining some branch of the military because I would LOVE to to be a JAG officer. We'll see. :) Enjoy your rest day!! You deserve it after 8 days straight.

Kris: I hear ya on the LIS blasts. I tend reach for LIS when my legs are sore (ya know, low impact, easier on the legs, etc.) and when I get to that third blast i'm either crying or cussing. :D :eek: It's so annoying how one tiny stratch can cause a DVD to mess up. Grrrr! Good luck with customer service if you go that route!

Kiki: YAY i'm so glad the bulldog is GONE! Time to sing praises and dance naked in the streets. :eek: Kidding! :) I'm sorry to hear your Achilles is still acting up! Does it usually take so long to heal? I'm sure that's very frustrating. :( Great job sneaking in MMA Boxing yesterday! That's a fun one!

Have a great day everyone!
Katie

Hi there ladies:)

Well, I decided today was a rest day. I felt like exercising, but also needed to grocery shop and work, so...there you go:eek: I may do a stretch or something before bed. Otherwise, tomorrow a.m. will be here soon. I got MMA boxing and MMA fusion today:) Can't wait to try them - maybe tomorrow with STS - depends on how my time goes - otherwise will do 4DS Kickbox cardio (wearing my weighted gloves Wendy - have to try that:)! Getting new videos - like Christmas in July :) (I can't wait for the new workouts too! Yay! ) Think I'll be done with STS right around the time they come out.

Hi there Wendy - good for you for your rest day - 8 hard days in a row - enjoy a well deserved rest! I slide in the occasional less hard one when I do that many - you really hit it hard every day it seems :) This may be kind of a dumb question, but with BR, do you listen to some music while you're doing them, or do you have your computer in front of you (I don't think so - think you just follow what she has as part of the workout - but just not sure)

Hey Katie - Great job on Disc 32!!!! I know what you mean about crazy to have a "fun" workout at 5:30 a.m.! That's about when I'm doing them too! I got high reps right after I started STS, so I haven't tried that one - looking forward to it too! Maybe will try the abs anyway though - I always forget how easy it is to find the various ab chapters on Cathe's videos:) That's exactly what I was thinking when I did LIS - "easier" on the legs.... lol! Funny how we forget those leg drills! :eek:

Hi Kiki! Healing thoughts for the ankle! hope your exercise area is accessible again soon!

I work tomorrow, then I'm off for 3 days - my sister is coming to visit:) I'm pretty sure my exercise will remain intact during her visit - she's a late sleeper - and I so am not - so I think it will be no problem. I'll be exercised, showered, ready to go, probably drank a pot of coffee, weed the yard, play with the dogs, read half a book, play on the computer before she's up... lol - well, maybe not that bad, but I'm a really early riser:eek:

Good Morning!

This morning's BR work out is: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv
Not nearly as bad as y'day's work out from what I can tell of the video. Time will tell though! ;)

Kris:: YES-weighted gloves are the answer to upping intensity in kickboxing for sure! You will love it! ESPECIALLY if you develop DOMS from it! ;) Have fun with your sis! :) I usually watch the video, read the w/o descriptions, write down the moves and then HOPE I remember what I am doing! LOL I have taken my lap top with me before so that I could review each move before I did it but that was for a super long w/o with tons of moves. Most of the work outs aren't really long enough to require that. Nope, no music-I just turn on the tv (with no sound-the sound messes me up if I have to count cause I pay attn to it instead of counting :p) and bang the w/o out to the music in my head!;):D:p

Katie:: IMAX2 is a popular fave and it sure has gotten easier over the years. Or maybe it just seems that way because of the release of much tougher work outs? LOL Abs from High Reps is a goodie! I can get through it but yes, it is tough. No pain no gain right? ;) Ok, I apologize if this sounds like a dumb question but...what is a JAG officer?? :confused:

Guess that's all for now. Gotta get my arse in gear to get it KICKED! LOL

BBL~:cool:

Whew, you all are talking to one tired lil' lady this morning. I got to bed way to late last night. To much fun at the county fair with my nephew. :D I love taking my nephew to the fair because he has so much fun but I hate fairs in Ky in general. I feel like it is just an excuse for the rednecks to come out and play. :rolleyes:

I forced myself out of bed this morning and knocked out Disc 33 (T/B/S). One more week of Meso 3 left. I can't believe the end of STS is already here. Kinda crazy!

Kris: Your list of all the things you can do before your sis gets up is cracking me up!! I hope you have a wonderful time hanging out with her! Do you all get to see each other often? I hate when things like work, food, etc. get in the way of my workouts too. I mean, do who really need to eat? :p ;) I'm excited to hear what you think about MMA Boxing and MMA Fusion! Have fun playing around with your new workouts. And I completely agree, new w/o DVDs = Christmas in July!

Wendy: There are no dumb questions in my classroom! :p JAG stands for Judge Advocate General. Each branch of the military has a Judge Advocate General Corp. (which is the legal branch) and, when you're an attorney in the military, you are part of the JAG corp. Because of that, lots of people refer to attorneys in the military as JAG officers (even though I think actual military personnel call attorneys in the military "judge advocates"). Kick butt on that BR workout!!!!

Katie:: I think somewhere in KY is where the fair is located where they put up a Casey Anthony dunking booth! :D Speaking of Casey...as an attorney do you agree with the jury's verdict? Just curious. I didn't watch the trial. I am only listening to them argue about the decision now. :rolleyes: Gotcha on the JAG officer-makes perfect sense to me now. ;) Smart thinking re your knees. Why take a chance of making them worse! Wow almost done with STS! That's fabulous! Will you be doing a longer rotation some day now? :) BR kicked my butt nicely this morning. More then I thought it would. WOW! :eek:

Last edited:
Hmmm. Workout? What's that? :confused: seriously, it's been one thing after another. I'm so over it. Got rid if that crazy dog, & then DH has this whole painting gig set up, that I didn't know about. (which, btw, is the grand finale to that project he started waaaY back in the day, y'all remember the last time I had the whole no PC fiasco?) Then the last day or so has been my monthly 36 hour migraine. What's up with that anyway? Just started happening this past year (w/menstrual, I've had them randomly before, but now they're freaking clockwork!)) but man, it is completely debilitating!

Well, at least I can SEE today :rolleyes: & on another note, DH bought me a laptop, :p. I haven't set it up yet, ya know, not being able to see and all, and I'm at my boy's practice right now, so I'll have to mess around with it when I get home. So y'all get another phone post for now.

Hi there everyone! I did 4DS KB Cardio premix (with 1 lb gloves :eek:) and then Disc 18. Gloves definitely made the KB more intense, loved that. Disc 18 was good - not sure still about the 1 minute between most exercises, it still seems long... definitely go to failure so I think the weights are right, but just seems so loooong. On to STS disc carton 4:)

Kiki - sorry you've had a migraine! No fun! Hope it's better soon (and your house back in order too) How nice your DH bought you a laptop! I have only had a laptop for about 6 months - my sister and brother in law gave me one of theirs when they got a new one, so it's not even new, but I love, love it:) So much nicer to sit in the living room and play!

Katie - great job on Disc 33! Wow, you're so close! Awesome work! Glad you had fun with your nephew at the fair, hope you get good rest tonight! Thanks, I will have fun with my sister - I haven't seen her in a little over a year!

Wendy - thanks for the advice about the weighted gloves and about the BR plan - I can see that music might be distracting. Awesome job on the BR workout again!

Where are you Bridget? hope all your busy-ness went great last week!

Hi to Autumn and Tracy if you're checking in :)

Have a great night ladies!

Good morning :)

I wanted to check in before things get busy later - I did MMA Boxing this a.m. - I really like that workout! Didn't think I had any DOMS, but realized midway through that I was feeling my biceps! (Also feeling those deadlifts in my hamstrings). :eek: I also did a Stretchmax segment - did the one with the band again.

Hope you all have a great day!

Kris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.