STS Body Rockers - Week of August 21st!

itsup2me

Cathlete
Hi there everyone -

I just wanted to get us started:) Quick check in for me - I'm still sick with this stupid cold and going to bed early again tonight - I feel a little better, but need to just get rid of it :confused: I didn't feel like exercising at all today, but got through 4DS kickbox cardio premix this a.m. (I did use my weighted gloves:). (I had a longer cardio workout planned, but just couldn't do it...)

Hi Katie, Kiki, Wendy and Bridget - Hope you all had a nice weekend:)

Kris

Happy Monday (I think). :p

Yesterday's workout was Low Impact Circuit. It's been a looong time since i've done that workout in its entirety and it was great! This morning I did Kick Max: Kickboxing/Bootcamp cardio premix + 1/2 SM, Segment 3. I'm still not a huge fan of KM but I try to sneak it in every once in awhile, just to change things up!

I'm getting sooooo excited about the new series! :eek: :eek: :eek: Any news re: whether the series still plans to ship on August 31st? Fingers crossed there is something about the ship date in today's newsletter.

Kris: Thanks for getting us started for the week. Sorry to hear you're still feeling bad. :( I hate colds. Great job still sneaking in a few workouts. You're a stronger woman than me...when I get sick i'm down for the count (i.e. i'm a BIG baby). :rolleyes: :D I'm sending more healing vibes your way!

Kiki: Oh my goodness...you couldn't even DRIVE until last week?!?! Wow. I mean, I knew your achilles was bad but I guess I didn't realize it was that bad. You poor thing. I'm VERY glad to hear it is getting better though! Smart idea to let it heal completely this time. I think once you're back to full strength you will really like DM. The cardio includes step but it is definitely more drill like (hence the name :D ) than dancey. Cathe utilizes some unique moves for the strength sections as well which I like just because it is different more than anything. I've had the same hit/miss problem with Netflix too. Thank goodness the new LIS will be here soon!! Still giggling at your prison/inmate analogy by the way. :p

Wendy: I hope you're on vacation and loving every second of it! :D

Bridget: Glad to hear the sunburn is getting better. Loving your butterfly/cocoon analogy! Great attitude. :) WOOHOO on the weight loss! That's fantastic. All that hardwork is paying off! :eek: I'm glad to hear you like spinning so much. I tried it once and it hurt my bum soooo bad. I'm such a baby. :rolleyes: :eek: I know one day i'm going to have to give it another try because at the ripe ole' age of 27 I already have very bad knees. If Cathe keeps coming out with spinning DVDs i'm sure i'll just end up buying a bike for the house. :rolleyes:

Quick check in:
Spinning this morning- she tried to hurt us with her Monday routine...

Quick question: do you eat before your workouts? I usually do it first thing in the morning, and am trying to embrace the idea of a cheese stick & bannana before I spin. What do you all do?

Will Check in later

Bridget

Hi there ladies -

Still suffering with this stupid cold today, but seems like it's maybe a little better - I slept soooo much this weekend - if rest helps, I ought to be well on the way to better. :) I had Plyo legs this a.m. (disk 29), and oh I wanted to put it off, but I went ahead with it anyway and made it through it - I modified the step height for those that require jumping up on the step and that was much better. Exercise didn't make my cold symptoms any worse - if anything it shook out some of the cobwebs:eek:

Katie - Great workouts this weekend! I'm really excited about the new series too:) I hope they ship around then, haven't heard anything either - I will be finishing STS (if all goes as planned and I don't trip on my step and break my ankle or something before then :) on September 7th - so right in time to get to play with the new series:)

Bridget - Great job with your Monday a.m. spinning:) I am bad probably, I don't eat before my workouts (and I always work out first thing in the a.m.) - I do drink a big glass of water with a 1/2 lemon squeezed in it every a.m. as soon as I get up, then I exercise and then move on to coffee and something to eat. I'll be interested to see what others do.

Hi Kiki and Wendy! :)

Hope you all have a great day!

Kris

Hey girls! No check-ins over the weekend for me, I don't think :confused: ..

I mostly rested over the weekend, and today's w/o was S90 Chest/Back. I did attempt to get on the elliptical for a bit while DH worked out on Fri (mostly so that I could see Cathe, and feel like I was working harder than I really was, lol :p ) DH is actually still holding his own w/his STS workouts, much to my amazement, lol. As a matter of fact, he's doing disc 7 as we speak ;), I'm thinking that if he makes it through M1, he could quite possibly be home free, since M1 is the most unlikely style of working out for him. He's alot like I am w/the whole lift weights take a walk around the block mentality :rolleyes:, so, he'll appreciate the longer breaks, I'm sure, thus helping him to stick w/the program. The only issue that could come up would be the length of the workouts as the program progresses...

Katie: yes, girl, couldn't even DRIVE! how horrible?! It actually still hurts a bit when I drive, so I only go really short distances, and only if I have no other option (can't wait for DH to get home from work). It is almost unbearable to not be working out the way that I want to, but, I know it's for the best :rolleyes: . I NEED that new series to get here, like...yesterday :eek:. I'm so excited and ready for it.

Kris: I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better. I can't believe you're still gettin in your workouts. And Plyo Legs, at that :eek: !!!! You're a soldier, girl! (or "beast" as DS would say ;) )

Wendy: Hope you're maxing out that vaca!

Bridget: I wish I could spin right now! That would be the perfect solution to my issue over here, and would give me such a good sweat, I'm sure. But alas, I don't have a spin bike, or a membership to anywhere w/one :rolleyes:. I don't work out nearly as early as you do, so I just eat my regular breakfast, and then I'm working out a couple of hours later (I wake up around 6-7a, and workout around 9a). So it could be anything from eggs and toast, to cinnamon rolls ( <--- :eek: did I just admit that?! :eek: )

Alrighty ladies, I must hurry and produce some dinner. I am about to have a really hungry man on my hands soon :p

STS tomorrow- resuming week 4, Meso 2

Kris- you did plyos with a cold??? My hat's off to you, my friend!

Kiki- If I could wish a spin bike your way, I would. Keep your eyes open, there are spinning centers popping up in unexpected places in my area- I get a great sweat, and my HR monitor beats out of control- I get more energy throughout the day afterward- okay, I'm gushing now, I'll stop...

Kris- I'm intrigued by the secretly healthy potato salad- I like sneaking healthy food into my friends & family too

Wendy- I love the way you pushed your workouts to the max before vacation- work hard now, play later

Take care all

Bridget

Hi everyone,

This morning I did Power Hour. It was my first time doing the workout and it wasn't bad. I've been struggling something awful lately with Cathe's full body and circuit workouts. Of course, at first I was mad because I didn't think I should be struggling so much, but then I realized (1) i'm using slightly heavier weights than pre-STS and (2) after three months of STS my body adapted to the 3 day, split style workout regime; now i'm changing it up again with the full body and circuit workouts and shocking my body. That's a good thing right? ;)

Bridget: I usually eat a 1/2 of a banana and drink a glass of water about 15 minutes before starting my workout. When I first switched to early morning workouts, I tried working out on an empty stomach and it was awful. I couldn't (and still can't) even do an hour yoga workout on an empty stomach because I feel so shaky and weak. I also tried eating heavier (oatmeal, cereal, etc) and it made me naseauted. After much trial and error, I found the 1/2 banana and water approximately 15 minutes before my workout works perfectly (waiting 10 - 15 minutes is key for me because it gives time for the food to digest a bit). The healthy potato salad isn't that healthy I must admit (it's definitely not "clean") but considering the alternative (i.e. my normal potato salad) it is much lower in fat and calories and a decent serving size. Here is a link to the recipe (it's hard to see because it wants you to be a member - ignore the sign in box): Makeover Loaded Baked Potato Salad Recipe | Taste of Home Recipes

Kiki: I'm very glad to hear your DH is sticking with STS. That's fantastic! Can he give my DH a little talking to? I've been trying to talk DH into giving STS a try but so far he is shutting me down. :rolleyes: His loss...well, my loss too if you think about it. :D :p Oh man cinnamon rolls sound AMAZING right now! DROOL!

Kris: Whew i'm glad you took it (kinda) easy this weekend. You definitely NEED to rest and let your body recover. Oh and NO tripping on your step and breaking your ankle. That's forbidden! :p ;) You're getting soooo close to the end of STS. How exciting!! :eek: Are you noticing any changes yet in your body?

STS final week of Meso 2- chest, shoulders & triceps- before STS is over I want to be able to to 10 pushups on my toes with decent form- I keep falling to my knees. I bench pressed a whopping 30lbs- which is alot for me, even used the shiny 15#ers for my flat bench flies- I feel really strong!

However, by the end of the day, I got this sore throat and itchy inner ear- Kris could I catch your cold over the internet? I am blaming it on my kid having a cough for the past week, and the weather getting cooler here in New England.

Ugh- hope to still go spinning tomorrow- I usually feel better once I get going.

WW weigh in tomorrow- feeling pretty positive!

Kris- I'm feeling your pain, I hope it doesn't come to doing plyos with the head cold, I don't know if I could do it!

Katie- I did the banana & cheese stik trick before spinning yesterday and it seemed to work well- spinning is really intense and it kept me from sucking wind midway through the workout. I didn't do it before STS this morning (I forgot) probably would help with the weight loss, try to remember for the rest of the week.

Hello Kiki & Wendy

Bridget

Hi everyone!

I did 4DS LIS this a.m. - I think the cold is easing, but I'm still congested, it's better though. I had MIC on tap for today, but couldn't bear the thought of that long of a workout so I moved things around and will do that one this weekend.

Bridget - boy, I'm sorry if you got my cold over the internet :confused: That's about the way mine started last week with the sore throat and itchy inner ears - I hope you don't get it:( Great job with the bench press! And the 15s for the chest flies! Sending good {{{{{{weigh in}}}}}} vibes your way - you've been doing awesome, no worries here:)

Katie - Great job shaking it up! That's a good thing - shocking your body - I agree:) Great job with Power Hour! That makes sense that it's harder now that you're using higher weights and doing circuits and full body instead of the way STS is set up. I notice some changes in my body - would be better I'm sure if I could get my eating in check more :eek: - I especially notice my back looks better, my legs are definitely leaner/less jiggly than before :) The potato salad looks awesome:) Thanks for sharing that - I love Taste of Home:)

Kiki - Awesome that you got in S90 Chest/Back and some eliptical. And how cool your DH is continuing on with STS! That's really great! I love that - "beast" - lol! It was tough doing Plyo legs for sure...

Hi Wendy! Hope your vacation is awesome! :)

Hope you all have a great evening:)

Kris

Hello!

Today's workout was HiiT Pyramid + CM segment 3. Pyramid always sneaks up on me. The first 5 minutes (or so) i'm thinking, "wow, this is to easy" but the last 5 minutes i'm sucking wind. :eek: Will I ever learn? :rolleyes: :D

Bridget: Did you make it to spinning this morning? Yuck, no colds!! I sure hope you feel better soon. Between the sunburn, ankle, and cold you've had a rough couple of weeks. :) GREAT job on your bench presses and flies! I maxed out around 25 pounds but it sure was a great feeling! STS really helped me with my push-ups. Pre-sts I was able to do 5-6 pushups on my toes and now I can do 16-20 (depending on where the pushups falls in the workout). I think the heavy weights in Mesos 2/3 really made a big difference. I can't wait to hear how many push ups you are knocking out by the time you get done with STS! ;) :eek:

Kris: Ohhhh 4DS LIS is my go to workout when i'm (a) tired/sore or (b) not feeling well. It always makes me smile for some reason. :eek: ;) I have the same problem with my eating. I thought it was a miracle that I ate so bad and still saw results with STS. :rolleyes: I wonder what would happen if I did STS and ate clean at the same time. GASP! :p :D I'm glad to hear you are getting results! That's fantastic! I took pre-STS pictures....i'm thinking I should snap a few post-STS pictures and see if I can spot any changes.

Hi Kiki, Wendy, and Autumn!

Katie

Hey all!

Quick check-in for me, I gotta get some dinner on the table, and FAST! LOL

Yesterday I did S90 Ultimate Ball, and 10 minutes on the elliptical (all I could handle, but it's a start! ;p ) Today was MMA Boxing (minus jumping/pivoting nonsense :rolleyes: )

I might get in some stretching today, if I can (gotta keep that Achilles from tightening to much).

Hope everyone's having a great day. :D

Spinning this morning- visualizing telling my upper respiratory virus to piss off! I had a banana & cheese stick before, and it went smoother.

WW- a whopping 3.4lb weight loss this week!!!

Feeling very tired now, need to sleep- took decongestants, throat still sore.

Kris- MIC is my "I have arrived" workout- although LIS is also a favorite when I am not motivated to workout. Can't wait til the cold goes away

Katie- My skin is peeling, my legs look like something from a sci-fi movie- but they don't hurt, so if I keep wearing pants, no one will know.

Kiki- I'm loving your achilles friendly workouts

Hi Wendy & Autumn
Good night all

Bridget

Hi there ladies,

I did Disc 30 this a.m. - felt pretty good, flew by:) Slowly but surely this cold is easing - still congested, but definitely better than I was.

Katie - Pyramid is my favorite Hiit workout:) I think I like that I don't need equipment for that one:) Great idea to compare pictures, I should have done pre STS ones too.

Kiki - you're doing awesome! Great job! Hope you're all healed up soon!

Bridget - Woo hoo on your spin workout! I really hope you kick the cold - it's frustrating to get hurt or sick when you're trying so hard to workout and follow a program - you're doing great! And WOOOHHOOOOO on your weigh in - that's awesome!

Hi Wendy!

Have a great night!

Kris

Meso 2 final week- back & biceps. I almost blew it off- didn't sleep well last night- stupid cold- but did it anyway and felt strong.

Dd's cold has gotten to her, she asked to stay home from camp, and twist my arm, I'm staying home with her.

Getting ready for hurricane Coming to new England this weekend!

Will check in later for personals

Bridget

Good morning.

Today I did Bootcamp (original). It went sooo well! Exercises I couldn't finish and/or do (push-ups, tricep dips for a minute, that terminator-kill-you-cardio move, etc.) a few months ago I can do now and i'm very proud of myself. :eek:

Kiki: Lovin' your achilles friendly workouts! Keep it up! What did you end up making for dinner? Something yummy i'm sure! :)

Bridget: Woot woot on the weight loss. That's fantastic! Great job pushing through Disc 20 even though you're tired (I hear ya on that).

Kris: Very glad to hear your cold is getting better! I think HiiT 30/30 is my favorite (maybe because it's the easiest :eek: ). Actually, I love pyramid too except for those frog type jumps (the longest interval). I hate those in ANY workout because they hurt my knees so bad. :confused:

Hi there!

I "did" 4DS HIS this a.m. - oh my - I don't know that I'll ever get those steps... I start out and think, 'oh, this is better, I must be getting better at this one' and then the warm up ends... :eek: Don't know if any of you watched Friends at all, but there was an episode where Joey pretends he's got a bunch of dance experience and then he has to perform... Made me laugh this a.m. thinking of that as I'm tripping over the step :)

Katie - Great job on Boot Camp - and yay yay for for that kind of progress - you should be very proud of yourself! :)

Bridget - great job getting Disc 20 done - so sorry you didn't sleep well - hope you recover from the stupid cold soon :( Stay safe!

Hi Kiki and Wendy!

Have a great day everyone,

Kris

Hi ladies. Our flight our of Fla this morning was cancelled thanks to Irene so not sure when I will get home now. Hope everyone is doing well. I will write again once we are home.

Good morning ladies!

No check in or workout for me yesterday - busy work day for me - was gone pretty much all day. Today I did Disc 31 - back and chest - felt good:) I then did Hiit Pyramid (thanks Katie - copying you:) I'm still fighting to get rid of this cold - but it's definitely easing.

Wendy - stay safe! Hope you can get home soon, no fun to sit around waiting to find out when you can fly out.

Hi Katie, Bridget and Kiki!

Hope you all are doing good!

Forgive me for wimping out- this cold it throwing me for a loop- I cannot get enough decongestants in. I didn't spin yesterday, and I skipped my final workout for Meso3 this morning. I want to just crawl into bed.

Not sure how much working out I will be doing in the near future. Irene is going to hit CT tonight, and they are predicting power losses for a few days- who knows, maybe we'll get lucky. Will let you know how we make out. In addition, the Y is closing the spinning room until after labor day to perform maintenance on the bikes, this may be another unscheduled rest week- grr.

Kris- I get no comfort knowing that you are still struggling with your cold. This is day 5 of it for me, and it is in my chest, and I am over it already.

Katie- I love the original Intensity series- with Bootcamp. I picked out the Gauntlet from the Terminator as my finale once STS is over.

Wendy- welcome back! Sorry Irene foiled your travel plans, I totally understand, she's foiling our plans here as well.

Hi Kiki!

Stay safe all, hope to check in after the storm

Bridget

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.