STS and Cardio on the same day?

mrsctoo

Cathlete
Hi all,
I am just starting STS for the sort-of first time. I'm on the 3rd disc. I have had the discs for a while and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Plyo Legs discs and use them all the time and will pull out other random discs occasionally. My question: Is it detrimental to do brief cardio (20-30 mins) on STS days? This would be in addition to cardio work on the other non-STS days. I just feel like I'm missing that something extra on the days when I'm only lifting, especially upper body.
Thanks!
- Valerie

"If your goal is to build strength or mass in your lower extremities you may get better results by doing aerobics on a day you’re not strength training. For days, you want to work on general conditioning, muscle endurance and fat loss, concurrent training (strength and cardio) or a circuit style workout is a good option." I took this from one of Cathe's newsletters. Hope it helps.

If you are trying to build mass, keep your cardio to no more than 3X a week. I'm working on strength. I do cardio no more than 2X a week. JMHO.

Last edited:
@nckfitheart2009

Hi Nathalie,
Thank you for asking. :) I am starting Week 2 Meso 3 on Monday. I am very excited to have come this far. I really am enjoying the program. Even some of the long rest periods aren't driving me mad, as I feared they would. My only disappointment is the Plyo Legs. While I still LOVE the workouts, I find that they just aren't as challenging as when I first discovered them. I've done Cardio Leg Blast and Lift It Hit It Legs and RWH Lower Body Circuit so many times since I last did Plyo Legs, it seems relatively easy in comparison. I don't have a squat rack, so I cannot use that option.

I know I have made strength gains, but I am struggling keeping my calories low and feel a little bulky right now. I need to squeeze more cardio into my rotation, but I love my weights. My goal is to finish the program by 11/25.

Are you currently doing the program? Any words of advice?

Regards,
Valerie

Hi Valerie,

Have you tried to add risers for some of plyo moves. I would suggest you try that. I am sorry to hear you find them not as challenging as you would have wanted to. Have you got a weighted vest? if you have you can wear a weighted vest to increase the intensity for both plyo and weight portion:p:p. Please let me know if you try it LOL! As to bulking it's just in your mind:):)---increase your calories 100-150 kcal on weight days, your body is probably asking for fuel for all that work....Just write it down and see how your clothes fit instead of being stuck on numbers on the scale. All the very best Valerie:)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.