STS 6 Month Alumni ***Week of November 20th**

cab0899

Cathlete
Just getting us started. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, hoping that you got some downtime Rachael and that you are having a great visit Cendrine!

I've been busy trying out the new workouts, yesterday was Trisets Lower Body and the muscle conditioning from Slide and Glide and today was Trisets Upper Body and the cardio from Slide and Glide. Enjoying them all! I'm really liking this series! I like how many of the moves are functionally based. My legs are talking to me and I'm looking forward to Yoga Relax tomorrow.

Otherwise it's been a fairly quiet weekend, just housework, kid's activities, watching the football game, and stuff.

Hi Girls! I'm missing you all! I just finished midterms. I have company coming for Thanksgiving - some of them people from my old job that have no where to go and no family around...it will be super fun! I am back to working about 10 hours a day and trying to do these two classes - I'm ashamed and embarrassed to say I haven't even got to try the new Cathe's! However, I'm working tomorrow and then taking the rest of the week off so plan to get a workout in! You guys...after these classes I only have 6 left! I have almost completed 18! Can you believe it?

Kim, you are like a celebrity! In spite of what you went through with that trial, isn't it wonderful to have someone think you're that young!!! Love working out and good health! How's running going overall for you? Is your PF handling it okay?

Rachel, so what's going on? I should go back and read all the weeks I've missed...you guys working a lot again? Are you still doing the yoga classes or has that gone by the way side with your work schedule?

Cendrine, how nice that your mom is coming! Hope you guys are having good weather and she gets to enjoy the true CA sunshine! I'll bet the kids are excited for her visit and to have a break from school!

I have gained a few pounds... like 4 - I know that isn't alot but the pants aren't as comfortable as they were! 4 lbs on me is close to a pant size! This is all due to how busy I am and having difficulty to prepare my meals like I like! Oh and DH sabotaging me with chocolate! After this week though I'm going back to straight raw veggies until Xmas and that should straighten me out.

Again, I really really miss chatting with you all every day...3 more weeks until this session is over. Job is going great for the most part - it's just SO BUSY!

Hi Girls! I had another chance to pop in today! We're supposed to get some high winds so I'm ready to buckle down and sit by the fire (assuming I can't get to work!) LOL!

I came home tonight and started getting really busy with cleaning. I have to be honest, I got a little side tracked in a drawer and didn't get half done of what I wanted to get done but I'm happy about what I did get done! So tomorrow night I'll be able to finish up with cleaning as DH and SS will help.

I can't wait to have a few days off! Hope you're all doing great!

DH and I did Athletic Training tonight, hard workout! Lots of equipment changes with this one! Last night ds and I did Yoga Relax, we had a nice time chatting and stretching.

Nice to see you Jo!! I haven't been feeling the PF at all and so enjoying the running but of course I have my new workouts and of course the snow has come so maybe will leave the running for a bit. I think losing 20bs this fall makes the running much more comfortable and maybe that is why the PF isn't acting up!

Wow you are doing great with school, 18 classes already!!

Oh Kim! That's awesome you've lost 20 lbs! I'm so proud of you!!! You've inspired me to get my weight gain off! I hope you and the family are having a fantastic fall! Snow already? WOW! Can't believe we're here again at the beginning of the holiday season! Time just spins by us doesn't it? For sure I'm trying out a new Cathe this weekend! What workout do you think I should try first?

Hi you girls! Well my house is clean and I'm ready for company! I just wanted to pass on a Thanksgiving wish to all of you! I'm thankful for the friendship we share and that we all have a glimpse of each other's lives! I'm thankful you've supported me through work, school, tragedies and friendships. Our passion for Cathe and fitness have brought us together, but obviously we've found a common bond which keeps us coming back. I hope one day that we all can meet! You are friends I can count on! THANK YOU for being my friend! I love you all and hope that our friendships will endure!

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's so good to see you posting so often this week JO!!! Did you get a chance to try a new workout?? Last night was a rest day (I'm doing the 6 day LIS rotation posted for Nov.) and tonight is Turbo Bar for the first time, I'm excited to try this one. So far all the workouts are great, I don't have a favourite.

I lost 20 lbs just with getting serious about cleaning up my eating since Labour Day. I would like to lose 10 more but seem to have come to a plateau.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. Hope today is a special day with friends and family. Thank you all for your friendships and Jo for your kind words.

:eek: Oh this week has just been crazy! We have been trying to tie up some loose ends at work before the holidays and my favorite yoga teacher was leaving for Mexico for 6 months and so I was trying to pack in all the classes I could. So I felt like I was stretched from here to there and that does not count Thanksgiving Prep last night. It was my job to make the pies. Sweet Potato and Coconut Meringue. These were both new recipes:eek: I think they are going to turn out though. We will just have to keep our fingers crossed.
Oh and I forgot to mention, I think DH is coming down with something:confused: So just a mountain of stuff this week!

Jo-It is wonderful to hear from you again! I was hoping you would have some down time around the holiday. I feel your pain on the lax on eating. THis week was so busy that I did not bring my lunch at all and I can really tell a difference in the way I feel. I am with you on after today , getting back to normal...a little! LOL It is prime baking season here in Texas. LOL

Kim-I just knew you would love the new workouts too. I am trying to figure out what I am going to do today. I need some weight training and cardio so I will just have to go see. This is going to be a busy day!!!

Cendrine-I know your absence means you are having a great visit with your mother. I think it is wonderful that she was able to come visit for our THanksgiving!

I too am thankful that we have been there for each other throughout these years. How many has it been now? When did STS come out? LOL Alot has happened in all of our lives and we still come back to one another. Thank you all for sharing your lives with me.. I feel blessed to have you all as friends. Have a wonderful day.

Hi All! I ate TOO MUCH!! I'm serious! I don't remember when I've eaten as much as I did today! I had a wonderful day with friends and great food! We played Yahtzee! Yes, it was so fun! It's been a long time since I played that. And despite getting two yahtzee's, I lost! LOL! So tomorrow, I'm back on vegetables! I made Jo's famous dressing which is a big hit and I ate all kinds of things I don't normally eat including huckleberry pie, pumpkin pie, and both turkey and honey baked ham! Am I spoiled or what??? I'm glad it was at my house since I had to go put on sweats to be comfortable!! LOL! Hope everyone had a great day!

Kim, did you work today? I got a nice note from one of my former colleagues in Toronto. It was nice to hear from him.

Okay, ready, set, go...I'm ready to get back on track!

Cendrine, hope you're having a FABULOUS time with your mom!!

Rachel, hope you had a Wonderful day and DH is doing well!

Patricia, are you still around too?

I had a busy busy day today doing homework! And, I cleaned up my diet 100%!. DH tried to get me to eat pie and candy and I refused! Lots of water, raw vegetables, fruit, kale soup and I feel better already! When I woke up this morning my face was all swollen and puffy from all the stuff I ate yesterday that I don't normally eat! You know last year I still had my gall bladder at this time so couldn't have eaten dressing and some of those other foods but I did have a little of everything. I probably wasn't really as bad as I thought I was but I'm just not used to eating all that stuff so really feel the effects!

I'm off to bed - it's only 10:30 and that's early for me but have lots to do tomorrow! Have a great day everyone!

Just a quickie for me...I have to work:rolleyes: Jo before you disappear give me that Kale soup recipe;)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and then back to work yesterday and today. This was by our choice so not too disappointed by it.
I ate lots of bad for you good food too Jo;);) Now I need to plan a healthy lunch for next week. Anyone got any ideas.

Better get DH up. I let him sleep in a little. Poor Dear his nose just ran like a fountain all day. LOL

Have a cheery Saturday! TTYL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.