***STS 6 month alumni*** Week of Nov 27

cab0899

Cathlete
Can you believe it's almost December??? Well, I guess I can since it's -13C and lots of snow. It's Grey Cup Sunday and our Winnipeg Blue Bombers are playing!!! It's like the your SuperBowl for the NFL, we have the CFL with the Grey Cup for our football league. Of course, probably much smaller scale as the Superbowl is huge. Our city's team hasn't won in 21 years and are considering the underdogs. The city is buzzing, Friday the city declared it wear your Bomber gear to work day so it was fun seeing all the hospital staff in their football jerseys etc. This last few months have been a dream come true for local sports fan (such as DH/DS) with the return of the NHL to our city and our CFL team making the Grey Cup. You can just feel the excitement in the city.

I've been keeping up with the Nov 6 day/week LIC rotation, almost finished week 2. Friday was Slide and Glide cardio before work and Trisets Upper Body after work, yesterday was yoga max (with DH:rolleyes:). Today will be low impact challenge which I think I will preview again as I had trouble with the choreography the first time I did it. So I have finished all the workouts now, I like them all. Don't know if I'll ever be a yoga person but it's a nice change. Like the lower impact, variety, shorter times.

Jo It's been so great to see you posting so much this week! We sure miss you when you are missing with your classes. No holidays for me this week, a regular work week up here. I have been working fulltime since the summer as one of our staff is on an indefinite leave to care for her mom.I haven't worked full time since the kids were born. I am finding it alot at times now I have to fit it grocery shopping, housework and stuff into the evening and weekends along with all the kid's activities and my workouts. DS is playing hockey and curling. DD is taking swimming and piano lessons. She volunteered me to play a duet with her at her piano recital, so we have been busy practicing Silent NIght. I think with this busy fall is making me look forward to our holiday more than ever. New Year's Eve we leave to go to Florida with my whole family (2 sisters, 2 BIL's, 3 nephews, 1 niece, and one mom) Should be a blast!

Rachael What a busy week you had! When will the yoga instructor be back?? I'm curious to hear what you think of Cathe's yoga dvds?? Where did you go for Thanksgiving.

Hope you are having a great holiday Cendrine!!

Hi Girls, I'm back after a thanksgiving hiatus... lol
my mom left for switzerland yesterday and we started school again this morning. It's a bit slow, since the kids are sad that grandma left, but we're plugging along.
I didn't work out last week, but we did go on a few walks and a hike with my mom. Not enough to make up for all the food I ate, though...:eek:

Today I did ow impact challenge, I had trouble with the choreography as well, but I finally nailed the last round which gave me trouble the first two or three times around. I feel good having finally mastered it!

We had 80s weather, not conducive to christmas atmosphere...lol but be decorated our house like we always do and the kids loved that. They even got to see Santa already at a local artists festival.

Well, gotta go finish my work with tne kids.

I did athletic training today.

Seems like you all are busy...;)

Jo, it was great to see you pop in, I went back to last weeks thread when I found out you had time to write. You are so on a roll with you classes! Now that you're close to the end I bet it is hard not to do too many classes all at once... ;)

Rachel, how did the pies turn out? I made a yummy cranberry/custard pie. I'm thinking of posting it on cathe because I changed the ingredients to where I would call it healthy.... lol

Kim, 20lb lost is an awesome achievment, you can be proud! I bet you will blast right through your plateau with the low impact series!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Cendrine! Glad you had a good visit with your mom.
Yesterday I got Trisets Lower body completed before piano lessons. On the way home dd gave me a lecture about not practising our duet enough;):rolleyes: Today is a rest day. I'm going to try and run out to get some Christmas shopping done. Looking at the Dec. calendar, the next few weeks look so busy so will see what I can get done today.

Sorry I am MIA alot here lately. We have this "supposed" last hard week and the job is supposed to be done but I think it is going to go into next week for sure. This is just one of those jobs you have to try and power through. ;) So that is what we are doing.

Kim-My teacher won't be back until April but I am really thinking hard about going to see her. She gave an open invitation to all of us but personally I think her and I really clicked. She just has that something.. Do you know what I mean? Congrats to your team...I Hope they won!!! That would be so fun for your whole town seeing as how everyone seems to be really into it.

Cendrine- How often does your mom visit....So I wouldn't worry about the eating or the working out. The pie sounds like something I would love. Was it a little bit tart? I love that. My pies turned out but I have to admit I liked the coconut meringue better than the sweet potato...I thought it was going to be the other way around. I think I might have overcooked the sweet potato pie by a fraction.:rolleyes:

I am pooped so it is shower and then bed. Have a great Wednesday!!!!

Nice to "see" you Rachael! Going to see the teacher in Mexico????

Our team lost:(:( Vancouver won the Grey Cup. They got to play in the fancy new stadium that was built for the Olympics out in Vancouver.

Just pushing us back up to the first page. Working on week 3 of the Nov. rotation and did Afterburn with DH. Anyone else following the rotation?? Cathe posted the Dec. rotation which looks good.

Kim, I'm doing the nov rotation as well, but I'm on week four, and did slide and glide cardio plus the blast segment from low impact challenge, tomorrow is lower body turbo barre premix.
I just got done wrapping the little goodies for the kids' advent calendar, glad it's all done and ready for tomorrow... ;)

I did the barre premix like I said yesterday. That workout is a real challenge for me. I think I need ti work on increasing my 'burn tolerance' lol, I'm always burning in both legs and glutes and adducters... the stationary one usually hurts as much as the working leg!

Still hanging with the Nov. rotation. Did LIC yesterday (getting the choreography the third time through!) and Trisets Upper body tonight.
Got a busy weekend coming up. December is always such a crazy stressful month. I'm really trying to stay committed to my workout schedule throughout the month.

Cendrine, I've been doing the Advent calendar again this year maybe my kids are getting too old for it but it's fun. That turbo barre is a burner, I've only done it once. It's not in the rotation much. I'm noticing that rotation is heavy on the Trisets workouts/ LIC and some of the other workouts don't get done much.

Rachael Did you survive your busy week??

I've noticed that too about the rotation, maybe I'll make my own or at least modify it for December to get some of the others in more often as well. Today I did Trisets upper in its entirety for the first time, before I used the total body premix. I liked the whole set.

I enjoy doing the advent calendars too, I don't think my kids will mind me doing it even when they get older... ;)

I got a calendar that has little cubes, 24 of them to put things in for dh this year as well, since it's hard to shop for him I just went through his stomach... salted nuts, fig newtons, ginger snaps, graham crackers, all his favorite snacks... he loved getting it. I guess he's not too old for it either.... LOL!

Now, who's gonna make one for you and me, is what I want to know....:D

Kim, I just have to say that Ricks mom made us an advent calendar about 2 yrs ago and I enjoyed it still so I don't think your kids are too old. LOL;)

Sorry for the MIA but I am sure it will soon be over. We are working the entire weekend to try and get it finished. We will still have the odd and end thing to do next week but we should be really close by the end of tomorrow...Sunday...

I have to admit Ihave really only done premixes of all the new workouts. Ever since I have gotten them, we have been on this job and before I would kill myself to workout full workouts and work but I did not do that this time. I try to do something every day though even if it is just the 30 min. premix.

I am taking today off though. We went to a CHristmas party at our vets house last night. Weird Huh? I thought it was and I was so reluctant on going but dh wanted to so I tagged along. It was really fun. They had a live jazz band and the vet got up and played guitar and sang and brought his son up too. I was really surprised. He invites a good bit of his clients apparently. This was our first year using him but it just cemented even more how personable he is.

Cendrine-It sounds like the new workouts are treating you alright. I am so glad you able to follow this rotation!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.