***---<<<STS 6 month alumni week of May 1st>>>---***

cendrine

Cathlete
Ok, I just got done pre-ordering too! Not a fan on facebook so I had to wait until today... I'm glad I mentioned it to dh, because he said they make these stands to use regular bikes as indoor stationary bikes and so guess what, I am getting the spinning workout! Whoo hooo! I also tacked on Low Impact Step and High Step Circuit, both of which I haven't been getting because they are more beginner oriented, but they should work well for low impact and I can make the step higher... Lots of new workouts, yay!

Kim, I find it weird too, that your company did not want to talk about the trial, I would have been all over it... But I'm glad you still had a good time with them! I hope you are feeling better physically too!

Rachel, are you still eating less meat, or have you ended your experiment... ? I just made the southwest quinoa recipe and it made me think of you! Have you tried it yet? What about you, Kim, did you get around to trying out one of the recipes?

Jo, are you back yet? I hope you had a pleasant drive and hopefully you will have time for yourself even though you are doing 3 classes now! You are amazing!

I forgot to buy the quinoa:eek:, guess it's just not part of my regular items.

We're having a winter storm today, spending lots of time reading but not on my Kindle. I had 6 books from the library so I reading those before I start on my Kindle books.

I thought about using my regular bike with a stand but then I would have to clean the bike to bring it inside???

I'm not planning on bringing my bike inside... I'll just burn the workout on my cell phone and do it in the garage... but then my garage does not get below freezing - ever... LOL!

Off to make some almond butter chocolate chip cookies....:D:eek:

Wooo hoo what a productive day we have had around here. We got our junk room so organized! DH built that shelf and it's so big, I still have space for stuff...kind of like when you move in a bigger house and your furniture does not fill it..(;);)Kim)

I have been looking for the May rotation all day but I kind of figured with the presale one might not get posted so I am not that surprised but now that means winging it for the rest of the week so we will see how accomplished I get.

Cendrine-Yep still trying no meat during the week and not too much really on the weekend. It's funny you mentioned your southwest quinoa because I found this recipe on a web site for a black bean and roasted corn salsa and I thought some of that roasted corn would go good in your quinoa recipe so I will probably be having it sometime this week.
Yea on all the new workouts...and how cool on adapting the bike, I did not know you could do that.

Kim-I too would have been dying to ask you questions but maybe they were not sure if they could or should. I might have been unsure if it was OK to talk about it. I bet some of them were wanting to ask but did not know if you wanted to talk about it. That would make it hard to be the first one to bring it up.
You are having a winter storm and we are in line for some more severe weather...it is thundering all around us right now so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it goes around.
Are you feeling better?

Jo-I hope you had a great weekend. When are your next classes starting?

Off to shower and watch some tv...ttyt

Girls - using my phone no internet on my computer - been using DH's to get school work going. Leaving tomorrow for the mountains for a work retreat until Thursday. It's product planning, etc. I better have internet!!! I preordered since I'm on FB as well. I'm so excited!!! Will talk when I have better access!

A mountain retreat, that sounds wonderful! I hope for you they have internet too! :)

I did High step training today with low impact modifications. One of the first workouts from Cathe that I got, always fun to do!

Rachel and Kim, how are you two doing?

Good Monday evening Yall.

It has been raining here all day and the temps are falling into the 40's tonight so going to be a shock to my system when I crawl out of be in the morning. I know Kim,:rolleyes:, right . lol But coming off all these humid almost 90 degree days makes 40 feel like 20 sometimes.

Nothing else new here. I am all set to start the May rotation tomorrow. I did a premix from Step Jump and Pump this morning so I am just going to start with Tuesday tomorrow...hopefully I am not jinxing myself somehow.:p

Cendrine-I really like the HST one too. Hope you are getting some classic Cali weather.

Jo-Have fun at the retreat.

Kim-My MIL is getting a kindle for her bday on Friday and so I am getting her a gift certificate for Amazon. I think she is really going to love the kindle too.

Have a great night yall.

I'm feeling better just still have a bit of a cough. I decided after 5 days off just to start fresh with the May rotation rather than go back and finish the last few days of the April rotation so did LIC tonight.

It's our federal election today so watching the results to see who the new government will be.

Rachael Hope your MIL enjoys her kindle, is that a Mother's day gift??
I'm sure you'll fill those shelves in no time! Feels so good to be organized, doesn't it!

Jo enjoy the retreat!

Cendrine Isn't HSTA the one with all the leg presses!:eek: How did the cookies turn out??

The cookies turned out great! ;)

I am loving my workouts these days... I'm just low impact modifying all of the ones I'm doing from Cathe. Today I did 4DS low impact circuit premix and it was so much fun! I had forgotten more than I thought about the cardio, so I had to focus... LOL!

I had a Chiro appt today and my chiro gave me a free 30 min back massage! For mother's day, because I'm nice to her... :D (I always share my almond butter cookies with her... :D)

She also treated ds today. Poor little guy fell out of his loft bed during the night while he was sleeping! (We checked all the warnings on the bed and the age for kids to use this bed as well as mattress height etc and it all was better than the requirements and he still managed to fall out. Is he a sleep climber, or what? Luckily he didn't get hurt, but I wanted him to get an adjustment just to make sure. He actually liked getting adjusted... :) He wasn't off too badly, but the major part to fix was the shoulder, neck area.

How's everybody doing today?

I"m Here! LOL
Sorry no check in yesterday. My nephews 5th birthday was yesterday so we left right after work to go to his birthday party and went to his t-ball game after.It was so much fun to have such a big group at his game. I am sure everyone was thinking how weird it was that so many people came to watch.:p I will have to post some pics when I get them uploaded.

Cendrine-It must be like when a drunk has a wreck...your ds was totally loose so he didn't get hurt.;)That is good in your ds' case at least.
I am glad you are really enjoying your circuits. Did your chiro visit show that you were in pretty good shape?

Kim-My MIL and FIL's birthdays are both on Friday. I always thought it was weird that they had the same b-day. Unfortunately they are not married anymore so we are going to have to celebrate with each one of them separately.:rolleyes: Anyhow the kindle is for her b-day and I am going to just get her amazon gift certificates for her bday and mother's day.

Jo-I hope the retreat is going great...A mountain retreat sounds great!;)

Oh yea I forgot...Workout today was Low Max...I ran out of time and had to skip #7 but I felt good and worked anyhow so I am not guilting about it.

Oh and Cendrine...I did a great quinoa stuffed poblano tonight...It might be a little too hot for the kiddos though.

OK off to read.

Just finished KPC. No workout yesterday for me, sure has been lots of rest days lately:eek: After work I had the interior designer out as I still need to order window coverings for the dining room and basement. I'm thinking of some funky shears for the dining room and some decorative roman shades for the basement. DD had swimming lessons also so just became a busy evening so no workout.

I'm thinking I might have to move my workouts back to before work as it seems lots of evenings are too busy and I'm skipping workouts. I used to workout early more when the kids were young but as the kids got older I've got used to working out more in the evenings.

Rachael I'm sure your nephew's tball was super cute! I bet he loved having you come watch! That's weird about your inlaws birthdays.

Cendrine I'm so glad that you're having such fun with your workouts!! Thank goodness your ds wasn't hurt! Did you ask your chiro about a physio referral??

Rachel, the stuffed poblano sounds yummy! and I forgot to tell you, yes, I think some roasted corn in the southwest quinoa would be delish!
And yes, the Chiro thought I was in pretty good shape today. I hope it stays that way. I had good shape reports before and then had flare ups, so I hope this one is going to stay good!

Kim, I always go back to morning exercising, even when I try to be disciplined to do it in the afternoon, I am never able to be consistent... It will be nice to get those window treatments up! You'll feel less on display, I bet! LOL!
I asked my regular doctor for a physio referral and she said it would not do much in my case, since she knows all the exercises I'm already doing and the chiro visits and all. But she did give me a muscle relaxant for nights and a prescription strength anti inflammatory. That coupled with all I'm doing and dh's wonderful dedication to working on my lower back each night has loosed me up quite a bit. I quite forgot how nice it is to be pain free, and I'm able to get away with just one anti inflammatory per day. Next week I'll see if I'm ready to go every other day on the muscle relaxant. I guess the reason I'm enjoying my workouts so much is because I feel no chronic pain, and that is really nice!

Just a quick in and out for me...I have broccoli steaming and I bet it is getting past done now.:rolleyes:

Kim...You know I am partial to morning workouts...I know I would never get them done in the evening. I even tell myself in the morning I will do a stretch tonight and never seem to get it in.

Cendrine...I will try to tell you what I did to the pepper later...I am out of time here...I did put goat cheese in it and alot of people don't like that but I just love goat cheese. Another one of those things I didn't realize till late in the game.

Workout was Step moves...I woke up late...5...and was working out by 5:15...Now that was rushing to get that workout in:p

TTYL

Lowmax done! I always dread this workout because of the length and then once I start I really enjoy it.

Rachael, did you substitute Step Moves for the run?

Rachel, I love goat cheese! Dh doesn't and neither does dd but ds likes it too!:rolleyes: So we're split on that one. I usually let dh have feta instead and ds and I will do goat cheese... dd doesn't like either....

Kim, I was going to do low max today then I woke up completely in a fog and just did not have it in me... So I was going to do it tomorrow but then today my two workouts came in from Cathe, the ones that I ordered with the low impact series. I didn't expect them, I thought they would come with the series, since it was free shipping... So, nice surprise and of course now I'm going to be doing one of them tomorrow... not sure which one yet! LOL!

I have to tell you a funny story. I got a friend of mine started on STS a while ago, she also happens to homeschool and we meet her and her kids on the playground at least once a week. Well, we were at the park today and the kids all crammed themselves into the tire swing and had her swing them as high and as fast as she could sort of in a big circle. They wanted it again later and so I said I'd do it this time. They then asked her again, but they wanted me too. I was on a bench talking with someone else. So my friend comes over and says that I apparently did a better job and that her daughter wasted no time in telling her that ' she does Cathe, you know'.... LOL! My friend has been a little sporadic finishing her STS cycle, I think she's on the last week but isn't able to do it on the 3Xweekly that it is supposed to go. And I guess her daughter enjoyed lecturing her mom about it... LOL!

I guess everyone is having a busy weekend! Hopefully that means lots of fun!

Yesterday was a 40 min tm run and today was LIS. Last night we went to a playoff hockey game and I was able to tuck my Kindle in my purse so I could read between periods.

Today my sisters, my mom and I went out for a nice lunch for mother's day. It was very nice. This afternoon I took ds for an interview at the hospital where I work as he wants to volunteer this summer.

The rest of the weekend should be relaxing.

cendrine, that's a great story about the kids and Cathe workouts!

I was going to do Low impact step the circuit premix, since it was one of the new workouts I got in the mail. But the cardio part kept freezing up and it was getting really frustrating! So I emailed the customer support to hopefully get a replacement. It's funny that you did that workout, Kim, it's not one I hear people do a lot, and then both of us do it the same week, or attempt to, in my case... ;)

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

OK maybe I did the wrong LIS...I did the one that was with 4DS...I don't have any other one. So what gives ...Is there a workout out there that I am missing out on? LOL DH would definitely roll his eyes at that.

It has been very busy around here. We had MIL and FIL's b-days to deal with yesterday so I just ran out of time with the day and today I had to get tires for the car...yuck...I could have spent that money so much funner, I'm sure...So to cheer myself up I went to ULTA...it's a makeup/hair/ I guess anything like that store. Cendrine, I bet you might have them there. I just love this store and I am not really that much of a make up wearer but when I go in there I want everything. I started a new face regime and the girl in the store today told me I had great skin...I promise no one has ever said that to me before:p...So now I feel like it might be working. Is it sad that I am 34 and am just now figuring out how to do abs the right way and how to take care of my skin right too.:rolleyes: I guess better late than never right. LOL;)

Since I am only a mother to my dogs and cat, I would love to wish all of yall an early Happy Mother's Day! I hope yall have a good one.

Cendrine-I sort of copied and idea from a Martha Stuart recipe. She roasted the poblano in the oven at 475 for about 15 to 20 min to get it black and then I put it in a paper bag for a few minutes to help loosen the skin some more. Then peeled it.
Then I mixed quinoa with goat cheese, black beans and roasted corn...I think I might have even chopped up some spinach too. I am always trying to get more greens in...Then I stuffed it in the slit pepper and then topped it with a little panko. I really was not sure how the goat cheese was gonna work with everything but it was really good. Back in the oven I turned it down a little even though her recipe didn't say anything about that but I thought that might be a misprint or something. Kept an eye on it to make sure that it did not burn and when it was a little brown I took it out.
Sorry that was not too recipe-ish but I think you get the gist. Hahaha

Kim-I hope your sister and mother and you have a delightful day today.
I was going to ask you if you are reading the free books on the kindle or if you are buying any good ones. I saw a book today at the book store that looked like it might be good...The Long Song. I am going to dl a sample to see.
Oh and yep...I subbed SM for the run...I am not sure what I am going to do about that 60 min cycle next week.

Jo I started Dragonfly in Amber...The sad part is I bought the book along time ago and was taking a break from those and now that I have the kindle I just had to dl it on there.:rolleyes: I know that is such a waste but I am getting spoiled to that thing.

Friends are on their way so I better go straighten the house.

TTYT

http://shop.cathe.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=low+impact+step&Submit=Search

This is the workout that I did, it was the one on the workout calendar today. It's a beginner workout, an easy 38 minute workout. This is the one that Cathe made to sell with the small step at Target.

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes, Rachael!

Rachael, 2 days before I got my Kindle I was at the public library and took out 6 books. I keep playing with my KIndle but haven't read much on it as I figure I should read those books and return them first. I've read 3 of them, I was just looking up the other 3 and at the Kindle store they are about $8 each and get good reviews so I guess my Kindle reading is still on hold.

Cendrine I tried the southwest quinoa recipe, we enjoyed it! Now that I have tried quinoa I can think of someways to use it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.