>>>>----STS 6 Month Alumni Week of April 10 ---<<<<

It turned out to be fairly decent yesterday -about 55 degrees, no rain, so DH and I took Ibo on a walk on the hilly trail. It's so nice to be able to let him go off leash and then we'd leash him when someone was coming. We did about 3 miles and Ibo was happy as a clam! (Are they happy?)

Well, I guess I'm overly tired from school and work as I couldn't get up and spin. I didn't wake up until 9:30! Oh my gosh. But today no headache! Oh it's probably from getting those migraine drugs out of my body too.

It is now almost noon and I haven't gotten a shower or anything! I have been sitting here doing my posts for school and got laundry going. So off to the shower and I'll be back!

Cendrine, I just went and read your post from last night. No, I've never had a headache like that but if it's sore to the touch then it sounds like something is inflamed and maybe it's coming from your back and/or shoulders. In spite of how bad my headaches are, they are never sensitive to touch (they are always throbbing!). Because of your back issues, I wonder if you have something that's angry from the workouts you've been doing. You should have that checked out if it doesn't get better. I'm with you though, sometimes for me, if I can be up, a walk and fresh air helps.

Rachel, I can't believe it's hot! And your sweet puppies getting shaved! Are you out doing the other one today? Are you guys working tomorrow?

Kim, hidy ho!

Okay, now I'm off to the shower!

Jo, I was thinking this particular headache was muscle related. About two weeks ago I ran out of potassium and I thought I'd stop taking it since I'm not lifting as heavy. Well I got some potassium and started taking it again and today is the first day all week I didn't have to take painkillers... I'm so glad you are migraine free today! The walk with Ibo sounds really nice!

I am sitting in my hammock on the porch, listening to the birds chirping and the breeze rustling the trees while dd is gardening with her little gardening tools and ds is digging a hole for no particular reason in my flowerbed with a big shovel...:rolleyes:

It's as beautiful a spring day as there can be! Too bad the weekend is almost over!

Hi Kim, hi Rachel!

Good Sunday!
It sounds like yall are all having a great weather day. We are hot of course and the air did have to come on. DH and I were laying up on the couch about to go to sleep...I am sure that is because it was 82 degrees in the house!:eek: So I broke down. Besides I have to cook in a little while and there was no way I was cooking in a hot kitchen.

I guess I need to clear up that only our little wolfy dog gets shaved but our girl dog needed a bath before she got to come in. DH cleaned up some of my shaving today:rolleyes: I thought it was good enough but I guess he did not want all the other dogs in the neighborhood to make too much fun of him. haha

Jo-Clams are probably happy unless at a clam bake! LOL just kidding...:D I bet Ibo did enjoy being off leash and being able to run free. He must be very well behaved. I would be afraid that my dogs would catch a scent they could not resist and be gone!
I am glad you are headache free!!!

Cendrine-It sounds like you are really enjoying your back yard today! I love it when the weather is so nice and you can have the windows open and you can hear the birds...

That reminds me...i don't know how I forgot but we had a bird saga in our front yd today. We had a baby bird in the yd. that did not seem to be able to fly too well. We thought if we went outside it would get scared and make a run for it but it just hung around. The mom kept coming close and sort of calling it but it would not go. So we were videoing it and dh got it to get on his hand and held it really high in the air until it finally took off to the tree the mom was on. It was so neat!

Kim I hope you are having a great weekend!

Off to get ready for dinner.

WOOHOOO IT'S MONDAY!!!!

As usual, I'm running late.... so just wanted to say:

WOOHOOO IT'S MONDAY!!!!

LOVE IT JO!!!!

I love that you are in that great of a mood on Monday morning...that can only mean one thing...NO MIGRAINE!!! yea yea yea!

Well this morning I did circuit blast again since I did not have circuit max. I am glad I decided to do that since I did not feel I did too well last week when I tried it. It felt like a first time go around. So it was better this time around.

Work work work this week. That is all I see. Then we have a friend that is getting married on Friday. It is kind of exciting. He is like the baby of our little hang out group from a long time ago and now it feels like he is all grown up.
So I am looking forward to that.

Anyhow ...Just wanted to check in with my favorite workout pals. Hope yall are having a great day!

TTYT

Just finished Circuit Max, I haven't done that one in years! It's still hard;)!

Busy weekend with birthday parties. DS went to a friend's birthday sleepover (Friday night), then Saturday, him and 3 friends went to the hockey game for his birthday. Then Sunday our family went out to lunch for his birthday then I had extended family over for Sunday dinner for his birthday:rolleyes: OF course, dd had to go to her friend's birthday party, it was a party weekend!!! I have to say that I"m getting a little tired of entertaining, and next week's party got moved back a week and it will be nice to have a week off.

Tonight DH and ds are go-carting which is the windup for their hockey team.

Rachael A wedding will be fun! Is it a big formal affair??

Cendrine Sounds like a wonderful time spent outdoors!

Jo I'm so glad that you're feeling better!!

It was another beautiful day today! I wonder if it's going to do the wet and cold thing like it did last year, it seems summer never really came. I don't know if I should get used to this kind of weather or brace myself for a relapse into the ice age... LOL!:rolleyes:

Kim, I feel tired just listening to all the business of your weekend! How nice that you get a week break before entertaining again!

Rachel, how fun to have a spring wedding! I haven't been to a wedding in years! It seems everyone is married and having babies instead. Plenty of baby showers around here... LOL!

Jo, happy Monday to you!

Good Tuesday...
Just a quick in and out for me because I am not sure if I will be able to check in this afternoon. We might have a late one.

30/30 today...Let me tell you...I can really tell a difference when I am eating good. I am starting out the week really really good. :rolleyes: I know I should know this and I do but I guess I need to remind myself sometimes.

Kim-Wow what a packed weekend...now I am feeling a little embarrassed about what I thought was a busy weekend for me..LOL
If I was you I would have been worn out a month ago before all your parties got started so it is no wonder you need a break.

Cendrine-I hope the weather pattern changes from last yr. because we were in a drought and are already under a burn ban again this yr. I am not looking forward to 100+ temps at all!

As for the wedding, in our friends true style it is going to be really simple which I love...I am really looking forward to the reception and seeing people I have not seen in forever!

Jo-WOOOOHOOOO TUESDAY!!! right? haha

Have a great day!

I've been trying to get here to post All DAY! I just want to say:

WOOHOOO IT'S TUESDAY!!!!

Because it was so fun yesterday!!!!

WOOHOOO IT'S TUESDAY!!!!

Yes, I'm two days FREE of headaches! The sun is shining and the birds are singing!!! :D

Kim, my oh my you are a busy busy girl! Birthday's galore! You need some down time! Don't forget TBL tonight! How do you do it? I get worn out reading all your coming's and going's!

Rachel, I love weddings! Nobody I know has gotten married in a long time (except my nephew last year when DH did the one-handed pushup and tore his rotator cuff!) Glad your busy and feeling fine!

Cendine, I predict a fabulous summer in SoCal! The rain should be over and sunny days are here again!

TTYL!!!

Well here I am again for a quickie...the sad thing is that I am already in bed. Dh and I kicked so much butt that we didn't have to stay late...It feel great to be working steady again, I must admit.

Have I told you guys that this is a 3 story school and we are starting at the top and working our way to the bottom. You know that means ...stair climbing all day long. Up and down to the bathroom. Yes like you,Jo, I pee alot! :D
I am keeping that energy going all day long.
Today was no meat Tuesday and I feel light as a feather. I like meat but I really like to give myself a break from it now and again.
Jo, I have been doing a sauteed kale the last couple of days and then throwing some white beans in with it at the last minute. Yum! Lovin me that combo!

OKay since I am just jabbering about nothing...:p:D:D:DTTYT

HiTT 30/30 done! Gotta love those shorter workouts! Took dd to swimming lessons, ds decided not to continue with his swim lessons so I got a refund. He loves almost every sport but has never been crazy about the swim lessons. He did finish level 8 (out of 10) of the Red Cross learn to swim levels so he's comfortable in the water.

It was a really busy weekend, and I'm feeling it! This weekend coming up should have some downtime. DH and ds are busy putting together a basketball net that my MIL bought ds for his birthday.

Wow, everyone sounds like there in such good moods!! It must be spring fever!

We've had some beautiful spring weather yesterday and today (13 Celsius that's on the + side!!!) but going back down to below zero:( The boys have their winter parkas on working on the basketball net. The cold weather is always harder to take when there has been a hint of warmth.

Sorry about that cold "snap" Kim...Below 0 Celsius in April would be hard around here too. We have had snow once or twice in my lifetime but nothing significant! And I too enjoyed that short workout yesterday. I did HSC today and for some reason was thinking it was not going to be that hard. I think it was because the cardio is not as intense as it could be. But she makes up for that with the fast pace of the rest of everything!:eek:

It is not even 7 yet and I am already droopy eyed!
Not too much going on here. I am still meatless and am really feeling light and airy:p I could probably do this all the time but DH would not have it...lol He would die with out meat!

OK I am going to take a shower and try to squeeze a chapter or 2 in of my book...TTYT

So the kids school do a french public speaking contest. DS won for his class and then he won for his school and so tonight he went to the divisional as the school rep for Grade 8.

It was 3 hours long! There was 21 Grade 7-12 students each doing a speech for 3-5 minutes in French. I don't speak French!!! It was an incredibly long long long 3 hours. In a small, very overheated room. DS did not win which I think he was actually quite happy about. It's fun when it's at the lower level, he likes being in the spotlight but gets nervous wracking at the higher levels. The competition goes to a national level.

So no workout for me, it was almost 9:30 pm when we got home and we left soon after work.

Sorry that I have not been posting! I am having nonstop days lately and am so tired I just go straight to bed, no computer time...

Kim, I feel for you in a 3hr meeting without understanding any of it! Congrats to ds though! He sure seems to excel at everything!

Jo, I'm glad you are continuing to be migraine free!

Rachel, walking three sories up and down all day sounds like a double workout to me! How are your legs... ;)

My alarm clock did not go off this morning so I missed my workout...
Now I have to get the kids ready for the park.

Wow Kim!...that is very impressive! But I can only imagine how boring it must have been fore you to sit through those 3 hrs!

I am still putting along on the rotation. Today was supposed to be leaner legs which I don't have so I did Legs and glutes. I am feeling very accomplished this week. Why can't every week be this good? lol

We are almost caught up with the terrazzo people again so we are thinking about taking a long weekend again and then it will still be a short week next week. It would be nice to sleep in a little tomorrow since the reception starts at 7 tomorrow night so that means it might be a late one for me esp.

Cendrine, I understand the bust days so just come when you can. I think this is a busy time for everyone.

Howdy Jo.

TTYT

Sorry I'm MIA - trying to finish last paper due and prepare for finals. Also, am slammed at work. So I'm here!

Hope everyone is well!!! I'll catch up tonight!

Whoop whopp it's Friday! We did end up going to work today for just a little while. We got a late start because we had a storm go through last night so that woke us up. I didn't get out of be till six so I only did the first 4 cycles of drill max. I felt good and worked out though so I am not fretting it. Plus I got to go climb those stairs so double workout;)

I was going to ask yall something. Since I have been eating a bit vegan this week, I feel like I might not be getting enough protein. Do yall try to eat the grams that is recommended for some one who is trying to maintain or put on muscle? I might be crazy but I feel like I might have lost a little bit this week. With the circuits and low protein...?

Well we have friends riding with us tonight so they are coming early so I better go at least get a shower.

Hope you all have a great Friday night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.