~~~>STS 6 Month Alumni-Sept.26<~~~

cendrine

Cathlete
Hi All,

finally I'm back on again....:D

Jo, I am sorry the phsychology is so dry.... But it sounds like you are still doing really great, even though I know from my own experience that breaking a 100% streak isn't fun....;) Do you get to do extra credit? We never got to in my classes but it sure would be nice sometimes, huh....

Rachel, I'm glad your job is going well and I'm impressed with your getting right back into early mornings!

Kim, thanks for helping me with the spelling...LOL! I hate spelling things wrong, and I don't think I have ever spelled plantar fascia before.... :rolleyes:

We got two birthday parties in two days this weekend, so I gotta go and wrap presents....

My back has been acting up, so I am going to do some walking instead of stepping this coming week. Not sure what I'll do for weights yet.

Have a great Sunday!

Just finished Butts and Guts. DS did the Guts part with me. Yesterday dd did MMA KB with me, always fun to have company. Rachael, I moved this one up a couple of days as it's so long and it'll be hard to fit in before work. So tomorrow will be Athletic Step. I guess today was a day off for you??

Jo Did you get to go to your class in the park today??

Cendrine Glad that DH was able to get your computer fixed. Hope the back isn't anything serious.

I spent a long time in the backyard this morning. Got all the root veggies out and stored for the winter. Did lots of weeding/cleaning in anticipation of showing our home in a few weeks:confused:

In the afternoon, we went and toured some homes in the local Parade of Homes, which are the new showhomes that the builders open. We went to a high end area, so some really expensive homes:eek::eek: It was fun to look!

We got a little heatwave today. Kind of like what we thought we'd have in summer and didn't....:)
It's supposed to be in the upper 90s again tomorrow and then it should cool off a little again. Go figure...

Parties over and done with, now I better get going on ds' party, I am trying to make that yoda cake and will need to decide what baking forms I need to get if any etc... Should be a fun party, Jedi Training theme and all.

I decided to do tm cardio for the week and do segments for toning from cross train express. I'm not sure how I'm gonna do it just yet, but am thinking on 30 min cardio most days with added weights after.
My back seems to appreciate the extra break this weekend, so I hope it's ready to go for tomorrow.

Kim, it must feel great to have the garden all cleaned up and finished! I sure hope for you that the selling and the moving into your new home will coordinate perfectly!

Hi Rachel and Jo!

Happy Monday! I was gone the entire day yesterday so never go to post but I'm here today! I'm running late so will pop back on in a little bit!

Hi Guys,

it feels like I was up more than half the night.... first dd had bad dreams, then I was wired for what seems like 2 hours, then the cat came meowing, then the newspapers got delivered, and it was hotter than usual all night.... it was not meant to be a restful night for me.... So I chickened out and skipped working out....:eek:

How's this monday treating you guys...LOL!

Here's how yesterday played out…. The fitness in the park was canceled so no go there. I got up late, like 9:00! I'm sitting having coffee deciding what workout to do and DH says: can you be ready by 9:45, I need you to go with me to look at some sites for a client that's coming into town next week. The ferry leaves at 10:30." I'm looking at him like "what?" He tells me we'll be home by 1:30 as I complained I really need to do my homework. Well, so I grabbed a bite to eat, no shower, put a Cathe hat on and skedaddled. It's 30 minutes to the ferry docks in Seattle and there was a Seahawk game so tons of traffic! Anyway, we get to where we're going, we don't even get back on a ferry until after 3:00 as we had to wait, etc. Then we ended up going to Costo in Seattle…on and on and on. So we never got home until after 6 - never even made the bed (which is unheard of from me!). Then I had homework I had to do. So I was up until midnight last night doing homework and all the laundry I hadn't done. So then up late again today…another day no workout!

So Cendrine, in answer to your question: How's Monday treating me? Better than Sunday but no workout! LOL! Oh well. Glad you're computer's all fixed. Boy, what a challenging night you had last night! Beside bad dreams, has dd been sleep walking anymore? Poor little thing! How's your back today?

Kim, sounds like you got lots done! Are you close to listing the house now? Didn't you say you were going to do that in October? I love going to the parade of homes. They sure decorate those nice! A couple of years ago, there were some high-end million $ plus, energy efficient, solar homes in the parade of homes and some activist group set them on fire and burned 7 of them! It was horrible! Fortunately nobody was hurt but it was a very sobering experience for the builders. Well for everybody for that matter. Unbelievable! Oh Kim, I forgot to answer your question the other day. My psychology class is just basic psychology 110 - just the general stuff. This week is all about personalities and personality disorders.

Rachel, hope work is good today!

Back to being busy…

Wow thats weird, I posted yesterday but it's not there. :confused:
Oh well it was not that interesting anyway. We had to go to FIL's for early dinner. When you stick something like that in the middle of the day, it seems to muddle everything else up.

We did have a small event though. Dh and I were reorganizing our shed yesterday morning and we had been out there for a good while. I had to come back in and work on some soups and then he came in not too long after that and asked if I wanted to clean the poo out of his pants:p...Apparently we disturbed a snake...a rather large one 4 or 5 ft long. He decided to peek in on DH to see what all the noise was about! :eek: DH encouraged him to go back out where he came from. I am glad I missed that one. Snakes don't really bother me as long as they are no in a closed in building with me. LOL

Today was HSTA and that was something else. haha Last week of this rotation so I wonder what I will do next.

Cendrine-You must have got our heat and we got your cooler weather. It was in the 50's last night. So straight from shorts to sweaters for us. It is supposed to warm back up though.
I had that same kind of sleep last Thursday night. Once the cat knows I am awake, no matter what time it is, she thinks it is time to eat.

Kim- I love looking at the houses. It is amazing to me some of the stuff they put into them. It is hard for me to fit those long ones on during the week too. I think all this weeks are under 60 min. That is a lot of help for me. We are not too rushed on this job so we do not have to be out the door at any certain time but I do like to get an early start.

Jo-I hope you got to have your anni. dinner this past weekend.

OK off for dinner.

Then to relax

Oh my gosh Cendrine, I just saw that it's 113 in LA! It must be close to that for you! Holy Cow!

Rachel, we posted at almost the same time. No, didn't get anniversary dinner yet! But we did have our time together yesterday! LOL! I would have FREAKED if I had seen that snake! We don't have big snakes here but one time I saw one on the road at DH's parents house in Ohio while we were walking - it was about 5 ft and I took off running like a cheetah! DH was yelling at me to stop as it turned out someone had run over it and it was already dead! Even dead, I nearly climbed up on DH's shoulders to get away! LOL! :eek::D

Boy Rachel, snakes isn't something I would love to run into... I went walking with a friend once in a sort of nature preserve area and we saw a snake too, not sure if it was a rattlesnake or not, but I didn't want to find out....! Jo, you made me laugh with the dead snake that made you nearly climb dh's shoulders! LOL

And yep, it's toasty here, dh came inside from getting the mail and said, I know you always tell me I overexaggarate, but it literally feels like I was standing next to the oven while it's baking something. Of course I had to tell him that considering the oven is usually at about 350° when baking, yes he is in fact exaggerating....:rolleyes: But yes, it is hot.:cool:

Well did Athletic Step this morning. This one was a little tricky to do when half asleep:eek: MMA Fusion in the morning and then I'm finished week 3 of the Sept rotation. Had a phone call at work as dd got lost during the crosscountry run this morning. She was trying to run the longer route with the older kids, wasn't as fast and missed her turn and kept going. She had an extra long run and was pretty upset by the time the teacher found her:(

This evening DH and I cleaned windows, blinds and the chandelier in anticipation of an open house in October.

I'll take minus 30 and snowstorms over snakes and extreme heat any day!!! We're having a beautiful autumn! The leaves are all different colours, the geese are noisy, a slight chill in the air in the evenings but beautiful sun during the day. The fall is my favourite time of the year.

Jo Oh my goodness on the fires!! How terrible and frustrating for the builders! What were they protesting?? What a busy day for you!

Cendrien Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight! I found it too hot to sleep last night and I'm sure it was only about 10 degrees out.

Very strange about the lost post Rachael! I hope to keep on going with the October rotation, any thoughts on what you're going to do??

Your poor dd, Kim! that must have been rather scary! I hope she's feeling ok about running despite the unwelcomed adventure!

Your fall sounds absolutely beautiful! In Switzerland the leaves always turn all sorts of pretty colors too, no such luck here, but every once in a while I can smell the autumn smell here even though it never gets that cold and I love breathing it in, it's refreshing and I enjoy the warm fall weather as well. Winter not so much...:rolleyes:

Good Morning! Tonight is spinning and TBL! Yippeee!!!!

Kim, oh you're poor DD! That must have scared her! If I remember right, the activists were protesting something about the use of timber (ironic?).

Cendrine, hope you slept better last night! The leaves are starting to turn here too! And it's been crispy some mornings - you can definitely smell fall in the air!

Hi Rachel!

Off to work!

It's still hot today, I did sleep a little better last night, but still not well, I don't know what is going on, and I feel quite drained. I think I am going to take the week off and see if it helps me regain my energy.

I should probably do some stretching and maybe I'll pull the kids in for that, they might like it!

Dd got to make a new friend yesterday. You probably know how it is with the second child, they just tag along with the first born.... and I have been wanting to help her make some friends that aren't ds' friends....;) A family has moved in just down the street from us with two girls one almost exactly dds age, and our other neighbors introduced us and we finally had a playdate. The girls hit it off right away and the nice thing is that I really got along well with the mom too, which is always nice.

Not much else to share here, no fall smell in this area today... LOL!

Sorry guys...as you figured out, I am running short on time in the morning so I have to post in the afternoon.
This job is so great though because there is absolutely no stress. In fact we already pretty much caught up to the people because now the designer is thinking of changing the paint colors:rolleyes: Poor painters...now they will have to paint over all of our carpet so they are going to have to be super clean. Painters normally are not clean whatsoever and these do not seem any different. We will see.

This morning it was 40/20 for me and some of them were more like 30/20's or 35/20's etc. It was a tough one for sure. I have a hard time on those but I really need to stop quitting on the last on:eek:. I am sure it would probably been better if I was more awake. Oh well right.

Kim-Poor Dd. I am sure she was a little freaked out when she realized she was in the wrong spot.
I am thinking of doing the Oct. rotation too. I might give myself a week before I start it though. I will have to see what it is and how fun it looks. I am sure that will determine my enthusiasm to jump right in.

Cendrine-Even though we had a whole summer of that heat we are by no means used to it and I know what your Dh means by feeling like he is standing by the oven. SOmetimes when you go outside here it just takes your breath away. I can not believe yall are having that kind of heat.
I love the smell of autumn too. I guess it is the leaves dying or something but it is my favorite time of the yr for sure.

Jo-LOL on the snake situation. Dh is the same way were riding our four wheeler last yr behind the house and we came up on a pretty big slow moving snake. It was moving away from us and Dh was still freaked out. Too funny.
It sounds like yall had a big on Sunday. I am the same way. I never leave the bed unmade. It's funny my gf said she makes the bed before she is completely out of it. It must be a girl thing cause dh could care less!.haha

Hunger is calling.
TTYT

Have I told you guys lately....

Just to remind you....

So you don't forget...

And you'll always remember....

What do I LOVE (besides Cathe?)...???

I LOVE TO SPIN !!!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Rachel, glad things are going well right out the gate!!! WooHOO!!! Good job on changing back to your early schedule and still getting your workouts in! I wouldn't worry too much about stopping on the last interval - especially this week with having to get up so early! Now next week is a different story! ;)

Cendrine, oh how fun for DD! Nothing like having a friend you've made on your own! You may have a new one too! Being drained might also be from the heat and not sleeping well. Sometimes when our weather has a drastic change it seems to make me and others tired. Hope you feel better tomorrow. Good idea though to give your body a rest!

Kim, hope you're watching TBL!

TTYL!

The real estate agent is coming by tonight so using all by extra time to clean, clean , clean;) Rest day for me today, yesterday was MMA Fusion. Cendrine, the California heat wave is making the news up here!!

Good Afternoon.

Early day and then the rest of the week off. So I guess that makes this an early week. We keep catching up.

Funny you congratulated me today on getting my workouts in and getting back to schedule because I missed todays, Jo. I am just going to move it till tomorrow and pick up from there. No worries.

Jo-What was it you liked to do again. LOL I love that you love to SPIN! That is great. I bet it is a great stress reliever too.

Kim-Good luck with the realtor. I hope you get a good impression of what you might be able to get.

Cendrine-Have you turned to cinders do to the heat;) I hope it is cooling.

Have a great day

Happy hump day!

Rachel, I like the idea of working three days and then being off! LOL! You guys must be a great team! Or efficient at least.

Kim, get that house all shiney! :cool: Did you watch TBL? I think this is going to be an interesting season.

Hello Cendrine!

I'm going to the gym tonight to try out this new machine they have. It's kind of like an eliptical but it's like you're running (and I hate the eliptical by the way). I don't know why but whenever I get on the eliptical, I get about 10 minutes into it and then think I might start screaming if I don't get off. My feet feel like they're stuck to it. I know weird huh?

TTYL~!

Jo, I feel exactly the same way about the elliptical, except I have never been able to put into words what it was....LOL! It's funny, I never could understand why people fight over time on the elliptical when there are treadmills available....:rolleyes: I'll take a treadmill over an elliptical any day....LOL So how was the new machine?

Rachel, nice to be off work already for the week! My kind of workweek! Enjoy the weekend!

The heat is tapering off over here, I think the worst is gone and it is supposed to gradually get colder until mid 70s come the weekend. I really had to keep an eye out on my porch plants, they sure felt it!

Kim, how was the visit from the realtor?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.