****>>>STS 6 Month Alumni Mother's Day Week<<<****

Well, was I MIA his week or WHAT??? Here's the brief recap and I'm not exaggerating. Got to the Mountains on Monday at noon and started meeting that went to midnight. Tuesday, Wednesday meetings went from 8:30 - midnight. Thursday 8:30 to 3:00 then drove home. Friday had to get up at 6:00 to go to client site and then Friday night DH and I had dinner to go to. Yesterday I woke up with migraine and had to spend the entire day trying to catch up on missed homework. (Surprised? No...)

I just wanted to let you guys know I'm alive! LOL! I have laundry homework and playing with Ibo to get caught up on! Oh and need to go read missed posts.

One other quick note. We stayed in this big house (there were 5 of us) and so we sat around in our sweats and cooked all our meals. Even though we went all day it was actually more productive then going to a hotel and having to sit in a meeting room, etc. Also, the people I was with, we've all worked together 12+ years and so it's very comfortable. I took some pictures I'll try to load from my phone. We were on the Columbia River and it was beautiful. The house we rented was 5000 square feet so we all had our own bathrooms. I am still extremely tired today but life will be back to normal this week. I may have been crazy taking 3 classes.

BBL!

Sounds like a beautiful place, Jo! Did you make them eat your healthy fare?;)
You had some long hours, and lots to catch up on!

Rachel, the 4DSfour LIS is lower intensity step, the LIS I was talking about is low impact step, I think it was produced sort of around the time of the high step ones? An older one anyway and more of a beginner/intermediate one.

Hi Kim, how's mothers day treating you?

Thanks yall for clearing that one up...Oh well that just means I got some extra shoulder and core and calf work in;)
Seeing as how I got most of my mother's day things done before today I have been busy doing all sorts of decluttering today. That always feels good.

Our friends came over last night and were so sweet to bring me a fern and a really nicely potted group of different sucubus (sp) plants. It's funny, I went from no plants to so many now. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I keep them alive.:rolleyes: So far so good on the unkillable ones I bought for myself but I have my doubts on the fern. LOL

Jo-It sounds like a wonderful place to get some work done. I am hoping you will find some time to post the pics. I am picturing it but I am sure I am way off.

Cendrine-Did you do anything special for mother's day? Did DH take you out to one of your fave healthy spots or did you have a treat?

Kim-I hope you got treated today as well...

HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY, again;)

TTYT

Good Monday Morning!

I siked myself up all last week so when I did Intensity today I would be ready...is it sad that I had to sike myself up for a week:rolleyes:? I think it worked cause I did pretty good for not doing that one for a couple of weeks.

We are off today to let the terrazzo people finish hopefully and get out of the way. So groceries and inspection sticker for the car is what's on the days agenda. Have a great day!

Had a nice relaxing Mother's day, only thing I did was MM which DH did with me and beat ds at Scrabble (he let me win since it was Mother's day!!):D:D Spent lots of time reading.

Then when I went to bed I could not sleep!! Mother's days are always emotional for me after having lost a child. I did great during the day but sleep is when these emotions catch up. So went to work on only a couple hours of sleep so I think I'm going to skip my workout tonight and go to bed early.

You know Rachael, if it wasn't Intensity I might have worked out, it's a hard one to do when not feeling very energetic.

Glad to see you back Jo!!

Hope you got lots of hugs & kisses for mother's day Cendrine!

Kim, I'm sorry that Mothers day is always bitter sweet for you, celebrating the kids you have and mourning the one you lost, my heart goes out to you. It's good you took it easy, plenty of time to catch up on workouts. Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing day with your family.
We didn't do much either. We did go out to eat at Zov's, a kind of pricier restaurant that has some very yummy things on the menu but still carries the staples that non adventuresome people like, such as pasta, sandwiches and pizzas. I had a crusted sea bass on a vegetable couscous which was delish and was large enough to last me for lunch today, and then we shared a decadent chocolate dessert called the milk chocolate bomb.... It's a hard to describe thing... but oh so good!
Ds made me a mother's day card out of legos....;) and dd colored a mothers day card for me. it was very cute.

Today for workout was high step circuit, even though it's much lighter on the weights than high step training, it still got me good.

Good job for doing intensity Rachel! I think the name makes it sound worse than it is, but of course I have to say, I only know what it's like with low impact modifications... maybe if I did it high impact, I would have to talk myself into it for a week too! LOL!

Jo, I hope you're catching up ok!

Sounds like a very nice mother's day Cendrine! My ds just gave me a homemade card today (a belated mother's day card) which was so sweet! When they're 14 you don't get those things too often anymore.

I did Intensity but without much Intensity:eek: My legs just didn't seem to have to much jump in them today but I did finish it.

Don't worry too much about not having too much energy Kim...Probably a residual from lack of sleep from the other day. It takes me a few days to feel back to normal after that. Not counting that Intensity is a really challenging workout...at least for me anyhow.

It sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day dinner Cendrine. I think it is nice to get treated and taken out to dinner but unfortunately around here there just are not alot of options so you have to get creative when ordering off the menu.

Well I got on here this morning to try and figure out a sub for the 60 min cycle. That is high intensity/low impact right? I thought that is what spin was considered and since this is the high intensity week of the rotation, I thought that was right. I am still not sure what I will do...my search was not all that successful so I am going to just look at the calendar and try to pick something that doesn't come up in the rest of the week...Since IMAX 3 is tomorrow, I don't really want to do IMAX2 today haha.

Better get to it.;) TTYL

Just want to let you know I've been down with a migraine. Now that spring is finally showing up here I've been having more. I'm finally feeling better today so hoping it will be gone by tonight.

Hope you're back up to speed soon Jo! I was disappointed with the outcome of TBL today!

The rotation today called for Muscle Endurance but for some reason neither my dvd or VHS copy would work so ended up doing High Reps instead after playing with the dvd/vcrs for 20 mins. I have to admit that I almost took it a sign not to workout.

So what workout did you decide to do Rachael? We have a family dinner (neice's 12th birthday) at my sister's tomorrow and it would be about a 25-30 min bike ride so ds and I may bike there so I can get in my 60 mins of cycling.

Good morning everyone!
I have invited a new memeber to our group!! Patricia and I are the sole remaining members of the check in group, the Coolers. We had started years ago when in was orginally the P90X check in group and then switched the name when no one was doing P90X anymore. The members have dwindled over the years until lately it's only been me and Patricia.

Patricia is a fellow Canadian but from Toronto. I'll let her tell you more about herself.

Wonderful Kim! Welcome Patricia! Can't wait to meet you!

Everyone, I'm finally better! I had a miserable headache week. And, course it's affected my homework, work and ME! LOL!

Right now I'm playing catchup and hoping to leave work early so I can get some homework done. (I would like to go spin though!)

Rachel, from the post last week I saw you you bought Dragon Fly in Amber for your kindle..YAY!!! Don't worry, I had bought the entire series for my kindle as they had it on sale last fall so I got each book for $3 or something and then I sold my books at Half Price Books. I'll try and post some pictures this week.

Kim, yes, what do you think about TBL and the sisters? I thought maybe Austin would win but now I don't know who I think since he's gone! How is springtime in the new house? I was thinking about you and how the first year in the new house the sun rises and sets in a different place and the signs of season changes all feel different. Hope you're enjoying it all!

Cendrine, I loved the STS swing story! See, us Cathe girls get noteriety! LOL! Sounds like the kids treated you well on Sunday! My SS brought me a giant (and I mean giant!) hanging begonia plant for mother's day. I'll have to take a picture of that too!

So Ibo, who never licks my face (or anyone's) came and layed by me when I was girl down with the migraine and licked my face. I think he knew I was in pain and was trying to make me feel better. He just snuggled right up to me and layed very still. Isn't that sweet?

Back to work...catch up catch up catch up!!

What a sweet dog, Jo! And people think pets don't pick up on our feelings! I love that he was keeping you company in your misery! Although I hope the misery is all over and done with!

I have just spent the bigger part of my free time this week filling out forms after forms for day camps for both dd and ds for scouts. The forms want to know so many things and on top of it, I am coordinator of the camp sign ups for our pack, so had to process everybody else's forms and checks and make sure all the info was correct....

I also have had real groggy mornings and it has turned into an unplanned recovery week (recovery from what? I don't know exactly... LOL) I blame it on the muscle relaxant and am trying without it for the next few days to see if my mornings are any more 'alive' :rolleyes:

Your bike ride sounds good, Kim. You know, the low impact step dvd I just got wouldn't play properly, so I had dh make a copy of it and voilà, plays like a charm... :D I wonder if yours would work again this way too? They do say that sometimes it's the dvd player. My new one worked fine on our portable mini player just not on our regular one... why that is, I can't really comprehend, since I'm not much on the techie front!

And welcome to you, Patricia! It will be fun getting to know you!

Rachel, what are you up to? I hope your plants are still green! LOL!

Good Thurs! We went back to work today so I am a little pooped...It is always hard when you get used to not waking up at the regular time for a couple of days. I have been trying to keep it in the fives though so four would not be that much more of a shock to my system.
I almost killed myself today! I have always told DH that I am such a clutz that I feel my fate is to perish on some stairs and today it almost came true . The stairs at the job are going to be terazzo so they are left low in the center with a metal tread that sticks up on the edge of each stair. Up until today they have had a piece of ply wood inserted into the gap so that the step was level. So needless to say today my foot kind of got caught on the metal of one of these steps and I rolled my ankle and just kind of fell. My ankle is kind of stiffening up now that I am home but I am surprised that I did not really injure myself.:rolleyes: I know that from here on out I will slow down. LOL

Kim-I ended up doing about 50 mins of maximum intensity. It was tough but I managed. haha
I noticed you had posted on the Coolers one time. I think it was right above ours one time or something. I just always thought it was for you northerners only hence the name coolers...LOL I am looking forward to meeting Patricia. I hope you have a great bike ride to the dinner.

Jo-Sorry you have been down with the migraines but I am glad you are getting back to yourself. I was going to ask you if there is someway to get notified when there is a sale on the Kindle. My MIL got hers today and she is so excited!

Cendrine-Sounds like a hefty responsibility you are taking on. Are your duties over after the paper work is done?
OK DH is hollering for help so better see what it is . TTYL

Good Morning my fellow Cathletes

Thanks so much for letting me join in your group. It'll be fun to expand my friends on this site.

So just a little about myself. As Kim mentioned I'm a fellow Canadian. She lives one province away from me so maybe one day we might meet.:p I'm married with a soon to be 6yr old son. Now that spring is here we just opened our cottage so I'm usually MIA on the weekends plus baseball season is starting up so my summer is usually pretty busy and active.

I've just completed my 2nd rotation of STS and trying to figure what to do next. I've recently started having long commutes to work so my workout habits are also changing. This week I've been doing Cindy Whitmarsh's Results DVD - 30 min everyday, UB/interval cardio one day, LB the next day and I'm feeling it. Do you know who hard it is to keep up with the "herd" during the rush hour stampede of commuters when your legs are killing you:eek: Very deceptive w/o!

Any plans for this Friday, the 13th!

Welcome! We're happy to have you in our group! I'm married with a grown SS. I am a devoted Cathe girl since 1994! However, I decided to go back to school last summer so I am going to school full time and working full time and have not been able to post consistently the last few months or workout. (I do the best I can!) I also love to spin and belong to a gym, so I've been trying to at least get some workouts in during the week. Spinning is the only exercise I love as much as Cathe workouts so I'm super excited she is making a spinning workout!

As the others know, before going to school I was a diehard 6 day a week workout girl! Together as a group we've completed STS twice - one 6 month (which brought us together) and one 3 month. I live in Seattle. Again, I'm very happy to have you join us!

Rachel, NO INJURIES! Can you believe it's Friday the 13th? Well it must be good luck because we have SUNSHINE!!!

Cendrine, are you supervising any of those kid groups this summer? The kids are going to be busy! Oh, yeah are the muscle relaxants helping any? That was the problem I had with the anti-inflammatories when I had to take them so he had me split the dose and take 1/2 in morning and 1/2 at night.

Kim, you have plans for the weekend?

Back to work - today is hair day. Leaving at 2:30. TTYL!

Oh Patricia...I see from your picture you've been one of those lucky girls that have gone to a road trip! LUCKY!!! I hope to go some day!

PATRICIA IS HERE!
All my Cathe friends are together:D:D

No work today for me and the kiddos are at school. It's amazing how busy you can keep running errands though!! I did get IMAX 3 done, that is just a tough, tough workout!!

It's cold and raining here as it has been all week (oh and flooding of course). Worse flood in 300 years, the media tells us. I hear that the Mississippi is flooding as well.

Jo Glad to hear you are over the migraine! Not many plans for the weekend. THe usually hockey practice (ds) and piano lessons (dd) tomorrow. Sunday we are having some of DH's family over for dinner as it's MIL's birthday. We have to get out and pick up the camper sometime (we put it in storage for the winter with the move and everything) as we're supposed to be taking it to the lake next weekend. Are you busy studying all weekend??
We are still enjoying the new house, (no regrets) but outside the house is just a huge mudpit!! We have to wait till they finish the outside work (stucco, stonework, painting, leveling the ground) till we can do any landscaping. They are busy building a new road behind us, and starting some of the houses behind us so lots of action going on. I have someone coming next week to give us a quote on landscaping the backyard. It's very small, I want to just enclose it, put in brickwork and make it a "courtyard" feel except for a small area for my veggie garden.
I have to say that I have had enough of listening to the 2 sisters on TBL, I was rooting for Austing

Patrica Are you heading to the cottage this weekend?? Have you got any summer like weather yet? Nothing here yet.:( The Phoenix Coyotes are staying in Phoenix:(:(:( It's probably not daily news like it is here. FLooding/Winnipeg Jet updates are the only things ever on the news these days.
For you non-hockey fans, there has been an ongoing saga about our city getting a NHL hockey team. Our beloved Winnipeg Jets was sold to Phoenix in 1996 (my husband has never quite recovered from the heartbreak) and for 15 years, there is constant talk about getting them back. It really seemed like it was going to happen this year and hopes were high but the hockey team will stay in the desert for one more year.

Rachael How is that ankle???? Were you able to do Imax 3 today?? I can't believe you get up at 4.:eek: Maybe you should just stay home time, with it being Friday the 13th.

Cendrine How nice of you to put so much time in volunteering with the scouts! I'm sure the kids will enjoy the camps! I'm going to get DH to play with the ME dvd this weekend and see if he can get it working.

Hi Patricia, I already went and looked at your pictures from the roadtrip, how fun! I'm married and a homeschooling mom of two, ds, 7 and dd 4. I've been doing Cathe for probably 5 or 6 years now (I loose track of how long exactly) but have had to modify to low impact because I have gotten myself a bulging disk. But I love Cathe so much that I can't stay away long doing other workouts.

Kim, I'm sorry to hear about the mud and flooding! We are actually having very nice weather and my kids start their swim classes next week, every day for two weeks, should keep us pretty busy!

I volunteered for the day camp last year, it was exhausting but also so nice to see what the kids get to do (ds does not share much so I would not have know half of what they got to do if I hadn't been there... LOL!:rolleyes:)

So this year I'm going to be at ds's camp all week in the end of June and then all week at dd's camp in august, but I'm not organizing anything else for the camp, just be there to help with crowd control and such...;)

Rachel, I hope your ankle is all better!

Jo, we were talking about huskies today, because we saw a puppy (husky) yesterday at the park and ds just really wants one now... I googled a bit and learned that huskies are very energetic and sweet etc, but apparently they don't outgrow their puppiness, someone said it's like living with a 2 year old for 14 years LOL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.