STS 6-Month Alumni ***March 2012***

Runcrazy

Cathlete
Hey! Just starting us out. I originally posted this in the old thread and then realized I should start a new month. This is cut and pasted:

Happy March 1!!! Only 3 more weeks until spring! I decided to do Rhythmic Step again. I figure once I've mastered that I'm good to go on my other step workouts (why...I dunno! :D). Again, I didn't make it all the way through BUT my feet no longer feel like cement and mama mia I had that wonderful rosey cardio glow!!! Yessiree I didn't have to modify anything. So I'm sitting here having a nice salmon salad to reward my wonderful efforts! :p

The President of my old company was in town today from Toronto so I went and met him for coffee. Had a nice chat.

Nothing much else....I vacuumed, doing laundry and worked out!

Happy Thursday!

Happy Friday! I had a GF call me at 6:00 this morning as she was upset about something that had happened at her work. She wanted advice from me on how to handle a situation today before she got to work. She was worked up and talking a mile a minute...I don't come around that fast when I'm awoken! LOL! Anyway, talked to her for an hour then went back to bed!

I plan to spend today on homework so not much going on.

Have a great time girls!

Some how I thought I would have so much time since I only worked 3 days this week. I was wondering what I was gong to do with 2 days off, came up with a list and didn't even finish the list. Once I really started thinking about it, I came up with a list of things that needed done that I had bee putting off since I was working full time. I went in for my annual dr's appt, got lab work done, tons of errands, generally organized the house. DD had no school today and had a friend over to work on a school project.

Yesterday was STS #22 Ch/Back/Triceps and also a 2 mile fast tm run and then today was STS #20 Legs.

Cendrine I'm curious what a bad menu at Disneyland was for you?? You are such a healthy eater, I'm actually wondering what you had.

Jo We are so happy to have you back and so proud to hear about your academic achievements. I'm sure it seems so unreal that the end of school is getting close! How will you celebrate?? Nice that you keep in touch with your old coworkers! Don't worry you will nail Rhythmic Step eventually!

Hope everything is going well Rachael!

Oh Kim, it's amazing how time gets away from us! LOL! But sounds like you got lots of things done! I know...here I am not working and can barely clean house! LOL! I'm telling you I'm busy!

To put everything in perspective, if all goes as planned (unless I get a job) I will be done in 15 weeks! Doesn't sound like much does it considering I started the beginning of July 2010! Can you guys believe it??? I can't believe I'm this close!!! So a GF and I have already discussed having an open house for me when I finish. I'd just invite those that have been part of this journey with me and our close friends. That includes all of YOU! Though I know that's not probably likely. But know you will all be included in my celebration in one way or another!

SS went hiking for the weekend so DH and I are alone for four days! Yay! Except I have nothing but homework that has to be done! LOL!

Anyway, time for bed. Have a great weekend everyone! Tomorrow is Rhythmic Step again. (I know crazy huh?)

And Kim, thank you for being happy to have me back. I missed posting with all of you and having glimpses into your lives! It's nice to have at least a few extra minutes to devote to sharing my passion for fitness with all of you - in spite of how out of shape I am right now!!! LOL!!:p:eek::D

15 more weeks is nothing, Jo, how exciting! You can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! And if anyone deserves a party, you do!

Kim, I have a list and it has things on it se erase years old... think it will ever get done... lol?

You can take me off the 'good eating pedestal... I had fries and a cream cheese filled pretzel...:eek: I think that really does qualify as BAD!

I'm going to try the lower body blast again today, hopefully with less doms ;)

Wow I have been out a long time!
We are working working working to try and finish this job so I wake up with the chickens and go to bed with them too (if I am lucky)!;)
We are even working today but I just had to check in with you guys and let yall know I am still out here!
Work is just crazy right now. People are calling us from all over and there just is not time to do it all. We are doing our best though.

Jo-15 weeks and this whole adventure will be over with? So when is the party? LOL!
You are a light!

Kim-I make those lists too so I am right there with you when things don't get done like I think they will.

Cendrine-Yum on the fries! I am sure with all your good eating that this won't get you.;)

Off to work. Have a great Sunday!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Cendrine, I don't know if this makes me a bad person, but I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed some yummy treats! All 3 of you seem like such healthy eaters, I thought it was just me that gives into unhealthy treats some times. The important thing is that we all eat healthy most of the time!

Today my running group, which is DH and ds:p:p, and I did a 7 mile run!! We were on the slow side but we had to run through some good snowdrifts so that slowed us down. I guess it's just extra resistance training! Then came home and did the extended stretch from STS.
Yesterday was Afterburn with DH, not sure if I posted that.

Busy day yesterday, it was the start of ds's hockey playoffs (they lost) and then we went to a fundraising supper for my nephews' daycare. My kids went to the same daycare when they were younger and I was hoping to see some old friends and catch up. I hardly knew anyone, I guess everyone I knew their kids are too old for the daycare now.

Just going to relax for the rest of the day now. Rachael and Jo, I hope you get some relaxation time this weekend too!

Wow Rachel, sounds like you are drowning in work! I guess that's a good thing, but I'm suspecting you are like me and like things in manageable doses...? Lol

Kim, I completely understand what you mean, and no, it doesn't make me a bad person, or if it does, I'm a bad person too...lol! Your run sounds great, it's so fun that you get to do it with Dh and ds!

Lower body blast went well yesterday. The kids had three neighbor kids over and they didn't know what to make of a working out mom... lol (I don't usually work out with visitors in the house, but I decided I didn't care) life's so much easier when you stop worrying about what others think... (I happen to have to work through that issue a lot):eek:
Anyway, the doms today are so much milder than last go around! Im excited about that. Taking a rest day today.

Hi Jo!

Another quickie for me...Maybe I can stay up on all of yalls news anyway...I am ready for another vacation:rolleyes:
Yes Cendrine, I am just like you when it comes to needing a little structure. I do expect a little unpredictability with our job but still there is normally some semblance of a schedule.

Kim-I love that you are in a running team;):D That made me smile! I needed that. And I have to say how impressed I am that you run with snow drifts on the ground. I just can not imagine how different our lives are as far as climate! And although I try to eat healthy...I fall off the wagon all the time but I just get right back on the next meal...I think the key is to try to not have a blow out day...it's ok to have a bad meal now and again.

Cendrine-Amen on not worrying about what others think! I am always working on that too. That is one of my "soul searching" sort of topics all the time. When I started going to morning yoga, I would get so much anxiety (all brought on by me) just because I would want to relate to all these new people. When I stopped worrying about that so much, my morning seemed so much smoother.

Hey JOoooooo!

Better get ready for the day! Have a great Monday!

I DID IT!
I worked my tail end off yesterday and earned myself the day off!!! DH still has some finishing up to do but nothing I am needed for and since I had 3 extra hrs on him yesterday, I decided that if I finished all the colonial base (rubber base board that looks like wood and you have to cut with a big miter saw), that I would go get my toes done today instead of piddling around at work! So I have a 10:30 pedicure with toe art appt.! It has been 5 yrs since I have had a pedicure and I have only had 1 in my life:eek: I think it is time to branch out and see what I like. LOL Please no gasping:D

I am feeling very good today. It must be the fact that I went to bed at 7:30 and slept so hard that when my alarm went off at 4am it scared me! That is the best feeling! DH even got up some time during the night to let the dogs out and I didn't hear anything! Wonderful!!!

On the yoga front. :rolleyes: I am really gaining a lot of control with my handstands. It is amazing how much you have to think of (or I do) just to get up there and stay a second. But I think this is helping me on all mental fronts too. I am thinking alot more before I speak now which is something I think I used to have trouble with.:eek: There is so much more too... but I just looked at the clock and 30 minutes till toe time!!!

TTYL

Hey hey!!! Well my goodness but I have a TON to read for these classes. All three of these are reading, reading, more reading and writing, writing and more writing! UHHH! So I'm trying to get ahead of it. Anyway, yesterday I spent a good half of the day cleaning. Since I've been home, I'm trying to do more housework so DH and I don't have tons of it all at once. SS was home so he helped and we got here pretty whipped into shape!

Speaking of shape - I abandoned STS because I find I'm having a hard time jumping back into a rotation. So I decided in my continuing quest to get me back up to where I was, I'm just going to do all kinds of different things to reintroduce myself. So, I have been doing step, spin, total body, circuits, and then yesterday I went back through my kettlebell training to do that again (that's been a long time!). Anyway, though I've had DOMS a lot lately, nothing has gotten me like the kettlebell! OMG!! Tomorrow will be worse!

Rachel, glad you're so busy but get to do a pedi! I can feel your commitment to yoga and what's it doing for you!

Cendrine, remember you're setting a good example for kids to see you working out! They'll ask their moms why they don't? LOL!

Kim, Oh it must feel so good to do that 7 miles! And yes, I indulge...that's why I have some weight to take off!

Okay, back to the books...I woke up to snow this morning but now it's gone! I CAN'T WAIT TO SET THE CLOCKS FORWARD!!

Somehow I did not get notifications the last few days of who posted, so I kind of forgot about posting myself... :rolleyes:

Rachel, what art did you have done on your toes? You'll feel better when you hear that I have only had 3 pedis myself, I just can't usually bother to take the time out or the money for that matter and just do my own at home. Dd got a cute little pedi kit and so now we have a home appt, her and me and I do different designs from the book on her toes every week. She has had ladybugs, bees, daisies and teacups and teapots so far... lol! pretty cute.

I am going to attempt buts and guts tomorrow minus any of the heavy impact, because my doms have subsided already as opposed to last week when they hurt all week... getting better, yay!

Jo, your plan of just doing your own thing sounds great, you are so knowledgeable as far as workouts and fitness goes, you really don't need a rotation unless you want it, you are good at picking your own. You talking about Rhythmic step made me itch to do it again soon, I really enjoy that one, but have to modify quite a bit and that makes some of the moves a bit tricky to blend in with the rest of the routine.

Our strawberry picking tour got cancelled because the weather was hot last week, then cold this week and it wreaked havoc on the strawberries, not enough to go around....:( Farming is such a risky thing, I feel bad for the farmers!

The kids and I worked ahead in school to have minimal work tomorrow and then we are going to hit D-land again with a friend before spring break brings crazy lines. Should be fun.

Enough chit chat, the temperature rollercoaster has made for some bad sleep for me so I'm going to try and catch up tonight.

Ugg, I just feel so low energy this week. Keep meaning to post but just too lazy. Our laptop is in for repair and getting off the couch to come into the den seems like a lot of work. The piano is also in the den so I'm listening to a beautiful version of Colours of the Wind by dd. I love that song. Maybe she'll use it for the spring recital. Hey Cendrine, I haven't heard anything about your kids piano lessons lately.

Between work, kids' activites and workouts my days seem full. Tonight was Afterburn and Monday was a STS back/biceps workout. Tuesday, was the TBL workout, I guess 2 hours on the couch doesn't really count.

Got my credit card bill today, and there was 3 charges (total of $1200) from Europe Amazon!!! Spent lots of time on the phone about that.:mad::mad: I'm wondering if my Kindle account got hacked?? Anyways had to close that credit card.

Cendrine, I completely hear you on working out when kid's friends are over. I've tried to get past worrying about it as really we are setting a good example but kids always seem so interested in what I'm doing. How did Butts and Guts go??

rachael WTG on the handstands! I've only had a few pedicures in my life. DD likes to go and it's fun as bonding time. Did you get some nail art?

Jo How are those DOMS?? I think going with whatever workout feels good each day would be a good way to have a nice break from reading. Go with what feels good each day!

I have weeks like that, Kim, those are not fun. I'm sorry you're feeling so draggy. Sometimes I wonder if it coincides with the time of the month, but I never keep a close enough look on it to know for sure... But I do know, I used to feel like this 2 weeks out of each month and since going on natural liquid vitamins I have not had a recurrence of those particular symptoms.

If I did as much as you did, I would be sluggish all the time and not manage to do much at all. Don't underestimate all that you are doing that is routine. Usually, when we think of our activities as routine it makes us think they aren't really anything much, but in fact they are. No guilt trip for you, but maybe a nice long bubble bath or some good book on the couch?

Sorry about the credit card bill! Those are so annoying, it's happened to us twice. But I feel fortunate to be in the states, it's pretty safe here, as in you are not usually held accountable, but my mom, when she was here last november, she used her credit card once at a restaurant that is actually reputable and someone still managed to steal the info and charge 2000.- or something like that and somehow she said she's not guaranteed that she doesn't have to be good for the charges! Crazy! I really hope it will all clear up well for her!

Butts and Guts went surprisingly well, hardly and doms. It's amazing at the quick recovery when the body has muscle memory. I know you have just experienced that first hand too, Jo! I bet you are nose deep in books! Hope you still have some free time to keep up the momentum!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. It's turning spring like here! It's warm and sunny, and the snow is melting!! This morning I got in Cardio Supersets before dd and I went to the hair salon, got highlightss, trim and then she curled it! I really like it.
Little break at home and then going to watch ds's playoff game. He's very nervous so hope it goes well.

DH and I are still sticking to the 3 month rotation on the last week of the second month. So Thursday was STS #10, Friday was Lower Body Trisets and today Cardio Supersets.

Hair appt with dd sounds fun!
I hope the game goes well for ds!

I did lower body blast again, added a little weight this time, since last week the doms weren't bad at all. I noticed that for the standing drill section (which reminds me of turbo barre) I didn't cramp up as much in the standing leg as I did the previous two times I did it and I was able to do more reps without burning up.... :p It feels good to be getting better at this.

I'm hoping you guys will be my accountability partners as I am trying to trim down a bit for the summer. I know I generally eat well, but I have been eating too much 'well'... if you get what I mean...:eek: Spring weather is on the rise here too, although I'm sure we will get more dips but I know in order to be comfy in my summer outfits I need to drop 5-10 lbs, and I have struggled to do that since hurting my back for some reason. My plan for now is to have just juice at lunch and nothing else. I get in trouble with peanut butter and bread or crackers, so I think for now they need to go... I'm covered at breakfast with the smoothie, just need to be accountable to not start noshing on other things the kids have out. I'm telling you, it would be so much easier to stick with something if there weren't the kid's snacks....lol!
I think I'm going to place my food for dinner on my plate in the kitchen and not go back for seconds. Workouts have been going pretty well, am still focusing on cardio and lower body until this tendonitis goes away. By the way, I am going to measure my progress by how my clothes fit, not by scale, I find the scale frustrating more often than not...
Now the trick will be to stick with it. ;)

DH and I did our 7 mile run this morning. We were joined by dd on her bike for awhile but the roads aren't really bike ready yet. Too much slushy snow,, icy areas. Not the best for running either so pretty slow and very wet socks!! DS decided to sit out today as he has hockey practice today and then another playoff game tomorrow and wants to keep his legs fresh. They won yesterday but just barely 1-0 in a very hard fought game.

Unfortunately a boy from the other team was hurt and they decided to call an ambulance as he was complaining of back pain. Hopefully he's okay, I know one mom on the other team so will try to find out in a day or two if the boy was okay. DS has been playing hockey for 9 years and I"ve never seen so many injuries as of this year. Our other goalie is still in his cast from his broken arm.

Cendrine, I would like to lose another 10 lbs so we can be accountable to each other. Just juice for lunch?? What kind of juice? Good for you for being able to do more reps!

I am so impressed with you guys for running in slush and ice!
congratulations to ds for winning yesterday, and I'm relieved for you that your ds has escaped getting hurt! Not that I wish it on anyone else!

The kids went on a boy scout fishing trip today with Dh, which gave me a rare quiet morning that was over way too soon! They both came home with one trout, which they excitedly watched Dh clean. Ds wanted to see all the organs and pop out the eyes and he got a real kick out of seeing Dh cut the heads off...:rolleyes: sorry if this is a bit Gorey....

Kim, I love that we can do this 10lb ish journey together, I'll be more motivated, knowing someone is going to find out if I fall off the wagon prematurely....lol

The juice I make in my juicer consists of some sort of green( kale, spinach, cabbage,Collards or Swiss Chard) a root vegetable( carrots, beets, jicama, radishes etc) a couple of stalks of celery, a half a cucumber and then apples, oranges, lemons, limes, pineapple etc to make it sweet. Sometimes I add in peppers and Ginger as well. I usually get a little hungry by dinner prep time, but I'm handling it for now. When I get closer to maintenance I'll add in something whole grainy and healthy fats.
What's your plan? Same as what you've been doing?

Boys wil be boys! As long as they clean the fish!

Hmm, my plan to lose 10bs. Well i'm running more and I usually lose weight when I run. No certain plan just lots of veggies, lean meats (chicken, turkey, fish mostly), eggs, low fat dairy (cheese/yogourt), almonds and a little bit of fruit and wholegrain carbs. I always try to make sure that I add some flax seed and olive oil to something each day. Beverages pretty much water, coffee, green tea and more water! Not specific just good healthy eating. Of course, the occasional treat like the Dairy Queen Blizzard this afternoon:rolleyes:

What do you have for protein at breakfast and lunch??

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.