STS 6 Month Alumni Halloween Week

cab0899

Cathlete
Hope you're doing okay, Rachael.

Not much to report from the weekend, did HITT Dble Wave Pyramid yesterday with DH and today we had a family 6 mile run (except for dd), did it 30 seconds faster than last weekend. It was nice having company this time, we might make it a weekly event as long as the weather is okay.

This afternoon I went out for coffee with two ladies from the jury. It's nice to have made some friends out of the whole thing.

We have the house all decorated for Halloween and the kids are excited. DS is thinking that he won't trick or treat this year as he is feeling that he is too old. DD is making plans with her friends that live close by.

Thank you Kim. We are doing alright. I think if it had been an illness that we had time to get used to, then we might be able to get back to normal a little faster than we are. It is getting better though, one minute at a time.

I have only done the yoga max and the athletic training from the new dvd's. I really liked the athletic training one so I am pretty sure I am going to like all the workouts if that one is any sort of indicator. Kim, they really do have a fun factor that I think the last set might have been missing. I think you are going to really like them.

I had a bit of a distraction this weekend. My Monday yoga teacher wanted us to dress up if we wanted to. Well you know I can not miss out on an opportunity even if I will be the only one. :p. Anyhow, I will post the pictures later of the costume I made with 2 pair of mens dress socks and one cheap feather boa.

I can smell my lunch. TTYL

Rachel, I'm so sorry about Mabel! I don't spend a whole lot of time with my cat, as she is more of a daddy's girl, but I would miss her if she was gone!

Can't wait to see your costume... :)

I got my dvds this weekend and did afterburn this morning. It definitely keeps my heart rate going! I started feeling sore in my glutes before the workout was over! Hate to find out what the doms will be like.... :rolleyes:

thinking of trying cycle max tomorrow!

Kim, the family runs sound nice! I'm glad you are able to do them!

Well work work work going on here. We have not even started good and they are already wondering when we can finish. They are actually wanting a new hard cost for us finishing by Dec.1:rolleyes: This is just a ridiculous dead line. It seems like construction is just going backwards when it comes to scheduling. The do not even have lights, ceiling grid, or constant air temperature. LOL I have to laugh...better that than be irritated. I have made it my vow to just not stress out over things I can not control. Either it will be finished or it won't...Now lets see how long I can hold that one up.

I went to 5:45 yoga this morning and then came home and had some time to waste waiting on dh to pick up materials so I did the premix on Afterburn. I wish I had got to do the whole thing. It seems like a lot of fun too. I am really liking this set! I hope the rest are as good.

Cendrine- Mabel was a daddy's girl too and it was still very hard. I think she went back and forth between us but I am sure she preferred him as her human.:)

Kim-are you doing the new rotation when you get your dvd's?

Might go do some yoga relax. TTYT

Cycle max today, boy that was hard! I can't really do it exactly like the dvd because they have different bikes, but I still kept my heartrate in the high oranger\red zone!:cool:

Rachel, its a good goal to try not to stress over things you can't control! I find myself reminding myself about that repeatedly....:confused:

I thing I'm doing low impact challenge tomorrow.

Busy Halloween for us yesterday, both kids went out trick or treating and we had tons of little ghosts and goblins come to the door! Weather was beautiful and it was a fun community event. The neighbourhood was super decorated so lots of fun.

Today I'm just going to relax and watch the Biggest loser and hopefully I'll get going on a rotation with the new dvds as soon as they get here!

Are you going to do the LIS only rotation, Rachael?

I've been getting my behind kicked all week by the new dvds! And my quads and and and...
So I did afterburn on Monday that had me whincing for the past two days with doms that actually started setting in while I was stoll doing the workout, then cycle max added fuel to the fire on Tuesday, cardio super sets on Wednesday, I skipped the bonus...:eek: even though I had planned on doing it, and today was Low impact challenge. Bbl

Low impact challenge has a fun step segment, the blasts at the end put a burn into the legs, kind of remind me of some of the low max blasts, I then added the bonus step, which I skipped yesterday, if I'm correct the bonus step on cardio super sets is the same one as on low impact challenge. I did it without weights since my muscles are still feeling it, kept my heartrate in the orangered even without the weights...I liked the push up move on the glide disks.
so tomorrow I'm going to do as much of the trisets as I have time for, kind of wish there was a 60 min total body premix...:rolleyes:
I will sort of pick and choose as time allows on my own. Its so fun to have new workouts! I'm planning on doing low impact series rotations this month and next.
Have you tried anything else, Rachel? Kim, I hope you got yours!
I'm looking forward to the weekend, I think I need the rest! Lol!

Glad you are enjoying the new workouts Cendrine! No dvds here yet:(:( Haven't worked out much this week just keeping waiting for the new dvds, well I guess I'll be well rested when they get here.

DD and I are doing a duet of Silent NIght for her piano recital so we have been busy practicing each night!

OK quickie for me...I just got home and wanted to catch up and looked at the clock...7pm!!!
I did a premix on the trisets today. Cendrine, I think it was 48min. It was total body. SO so far I have only got to do premixes but have enjoyes all of them. How does Cathe come up with so much new stuff?
Kim sorry no dvd's yet. I am not doing the rotation yet. THis job is going to be tough and I don't want to commit to that and then feel pressure to get it done. I have not really even looked at the rotation yet.
I love these dvd's already though so I am sure I am going to try the rotation out in the future.

OK I gotta get cleaned up. TTYL

The premixes are a great tool for mix and matching and for busy days! I agree with you, Rachel, Cathe always seems to have some new moves up her sleeve. It would be fun to hear how she discovers them. I was imagining her being on a hr monitor and experimenting with moves, zeroing in on the ones that give a higher reading ...
I'm doing her lis rotation but adjusting it to a 5day rotation, that's why I'm trying to do a total body deal tomorrow...;)

Kind of disappointed that my new workouts didn't arrive this week. I guess I need to find some exercise to do over the weekend and keep hoping for Monday.

That's disappointing for sure, I know I would be checking the mailbox all the time...
hopefully you can get started next week!

I enden up only having time for the total body premix of trisets, but it was a good one. I liked the plank tricep kickback a lot and a couple of other ones, I'm already feeling some of my muscles...;)

Cendrine-I got some serious tricep DOMS from that workout! I thought the premix went by so fast too. So much fun.

I am about to go in there and see what I can get into. Sorry Kim, that you have not received yours yet. It really does take it a long time to get to ya'll huh?

We got home late last night and are working today so sorry if I am posting sporadic. This job is crazy and the schedule seems to change every week. When we first came to meet with the super, we were going to have 10 days not counting weekends for each phase. Now they got some crazy notion that they want the whole thing finished in a couple of weeks. (the old dates being-finished first phase Nov 30 and second dec 31 now finished total nov 14...LOL!!!) DH was stressing hard. I told him that they are not going to be satisfied until they get ten crews of people out there so we should just do what we can do. Now they are pushing us ahead of the ceiling people, the painters and the wall covering. Just so backwards.
So I am taking my stress out this morning with some Cathe.;)

TTYL

Wow Rachel, that sounds crazy. I hope you are not letting them stress you out! What workout did you end up doing?

Cendrine, I did the cardio super sets since it was short...without the bonus;) So far I have not done a workout, I have not liked. Just think Kim...You are gettin' all the reviews:D

And no I am absolutely not letting them stress me out. If they have an impossible deadline to meet...they will just have to have another crew come in to help and that is just that. I am not going to worry about things that I can not change the outcome of. We are doing our best...that is all we can do.

It was a long work day for a Saturday but at least we have tomorrow to recover. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend with delightful weather.

TTYT

That's quite a start back to work Rachael! Are you missing your yoga time?

So what is everyone's favourite workout so far?

DD and I did Travelfit today. I've been dipping into the Halloween candy too much this week, got to stop.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.