***--->>>STS 6 Month Alumni Fathers Day Week <<<---***

Good Morning Girls! I'm up and studying...anxious to wrap this up today!

Cendrine YES!!!!! I've no plans to be gone in July so just let me know time frame and I'll block out time! LET'S DO IT!! I would love to get together with you!

Hope all of you have a great day! I'll check back in later when I'm through with the tests and we can celebrate this session is over! We'll celebrate with a nice kale lemonade! LOL!

BBL!

Yes Yes Happy Father's Day !:p;):D

It has already been a busy morning. I got up extra early so I could beat the heat this morning. I have another project.;) Maybe I should finish one before I start another one. LOL I am sure that is what DH is thinking even if he isn't saying it. haha:rolleyes: Anyhow...I bought some old wooden shutters at a junk store. They are in really good shape but they were painted black so I was going to sand them down and then white wash over them. Low and behold they were a really nice pail green underneath and so I have all these nice colors when I white washed over them. So now I found this really cool metal tree thingy and I am going to mount it over the shutters. We will have to see how this turns out. LOL

So after I got the sanding and stuff done, I went to visit dear ole dad and had a nice visit about tomato worms;) I got this natural stuff to sprinkle on plants that is supposed to mess up their exoskeleton...I am hoping it works.

Jo-I laughed at the tomatoes being DH's project. It is alot of work to build all those raised beds. Our friends have bad soil so for the first few years that they got started that is how they had to do it. Then they had heck with dear so now their doggie stays out at night to protect the garden.

Cendrine-I LOLed about dh falling off the roller. It is probably something like my dh looks like when he tries to do yoga...It is funny how agile they are but he looks goofy when he is trying to do anything like that.

Hi Kim and Patricia...Hope you are better Kim.

Have a great day!

Happy Sunday all!

Hey since it was Father's Day, I thought if anyone wanted to share anything about their dad, it would be kind of interesting.:D
My dad was a chartered accountant who worked for the federal government doing audits. He was a great dad. He was very quiet, let mom do the talking. She would say no then he would slip you $2o:rolleyes: Definitely not the one to discipline us. He had 3 daughters and was super excited when his first 2 grandkids were boys. When the boys (ds and nephew) were 2 for Christmas he bought them a 4 wheeled ATV for the cottage:rolleyes: He loved boats, ATVs, mechanical stuff. I remember when ds was 3 months old, and I was at their cottage, ds was sleeping and mom and I went for a walk. We got back and found my dad giving ds a ride on the ride on lawn mower and dad had a cast on one arm so was holding the baby and driving with one arm:rolleyes: Anyways he died at age 60 with a abdominal aneurysm while he and my mom were on vacation in Mexico. We still missed him lots! Anyone else want to share about their dad??

I'm feeling much better, thanks for all your well wishes! I haven't been sick in a long time. It's funny I felt worse in the beginning of the week but by then end of the week I sounded terrible but didn't feel so bad.

Yesterday I got my hair done, got it a little shorter for the summer and then spent the rest of the day at my sister's pool. Super lazy but fun day.

AND then ds went on a date!!! He has been hanging out with this girl going on bike rides or meeting at the park but last night they went to a movie together!!!! He was getting teased unmercifully at my sister's by all his relatives, (cause of course his dad and I had to share this) We dropped him off at the movie theatre and then picked him up. I sent enough money so he could pay for her. Her parents drove her so I didn't meet them. This is such an area that I'm not ready for. It's all very innocent like right now. They're 14.

This morning was the Manitoba Marathon, which is a huge event around here. I spent the morning driving DH and ds to their start and end points, they each ran about a 6 mile piece.
I think I'm going to start doing some running, I think I need a break from my traditional workouts, I miss running, I'll like to explore the neighbourhood and I really would like to slim down a bit. The years that I ran was when I was at my slimmest. I've done one full marathon and 3 half marathons in the past and numerous small races. When we are in Disney next January, it will be the weekend of their marathon, DH and I are thinking of doing the Disney half:cool:

Rachael How frustrating on the lost post, so strange when that happens. Good for you on finishing the second week of the rotation. I haven't been very good at keeping up with the rotations, doing only about 3 out of the 4 weeks the last few months. I think I will concentration on some yoga/running over the next couple of months instead. It's nice to get outside. I wonder if we have tomato worms here? I've never heard of them. I'm really missing my garden this summer.

Jo Hopefully as I type this you are already celebrating!!!! We are enjoying some nice summer like weather, it was great weather for the marathon this morning, warm but not hot and cloudy! The basement bathroom has been done in pieces (the cabinet guy, then the plumber ,etc) so the carpenter on Friday was the last person to finish up so it's all done! All the interior work is done on the house now! Still lots to do on the exterior! We hired a landscape designer and did up a plan for the backyard, very nice but expensive, we are still deciding what we do but can't book it yet till the home builders finish up anyways.

Cendrien The physios are keeping you busy!! That's great that you are getting a little trip this summer. Did the kids ever get to make dad breakfast? That's funny DH and I were just talking about bunnies this afternoon (we were discussing fencing options:eek:) We had so many rabbits in our last yard yet they never seem to eat much of my garden. So many people complain about the rabbits, I always saw them in the yard/veggie garden but they never ate much.

Kim, I'm glad you are getting better! Switching to running for a while sound like good timing, with it being nice out and all. I'm going to be doing a lot of spinning for the next few months.

Rachel, sanding shutters does not sound like a fun project to me...lol, I hope you had a machine! How nice about the colors, post a picture when you are can!

Jo, turns out the dates after good tide are august 2nd on, we leave to go back home on the 6th. Any preferences!

Hi Patricia!

Evening All

Take a couple days from the computer and WOW on the posts. Sorry, that I can't keep up with the personals right now but its getting late for me and I need to still get some kitchen time into b/4 bed.

I did get in P57 - TB express w/o - only 30min. Its more of a leg and ab workout I'd say.

Kim - I hear you on needing some change. Especially with the nice weather I'm asking myself why are we working out indoors! I've been thinking of running again too but I'm terrified of agitating my PF:eek: Glad to hear you're on the mend. You've been under the weather for a while now. DH was cheering for Vancouver too, but listen to others who say that Boston is all Canadian players so we should be cheering for them!

Oh, Tim Allen was good but he only performed for less than 1hr so that was disappointing seeing the seats were $65 each:(

Now for you gardeners worried about worms - I CAN'T help you out there. I grew up weeding a garden the size of a freaking football field (well that's what it felt like at the time) and I HATED it! Way too much back breaking work for me!:p With 5 kids in the family we grew a lot of our food and I think that made me appreciate healthy food though.

Jo - you're on the homestretch! I have an accounting diploma so I know all about the homework and prep work!

Rachel - I so want to see a picture of your shutters. They sound fabulous. I'm terrible at doing things like that on my own but love it when I see good artwork out of reclaiming old stuff.

Cendrine - LOL about balancing on the roller - I know that move:D I think its great DH tried it with you!

Ok, something about our Dads. My Dad's dream was to play catcher in the Major Leagues, so he always had time to play BB with me as a kid. (My Mom loves BB to so I come by my love for it naturally:)) While he has 2 other grandkids who are now finished school and loves them dearly, I think there is a special place in his heart for my son (who is turning 6 next month) b/c I've spent a lot of time visiting with them, staying overnight with them and even vacationed with them. I think he really appreciates the special time he has gotten with DS that he didn't get with his other 2 gkids.

He worked for the railroad for 30 some years and retired early at 57. He is now 80 and while I see him slowing down some now, seems to be always on the go! He was diagnosed with prostrate cancer at 75 and it is being treated with medicine. A couple years ago he also was diagnosed with diabetes which I just don't get b/c he is a slim man and always has been!

My Mom is 81 and I try to spend as much time with them as possible, especially with my DS so that he'll remember his grandparents b/c I know I don't have a lot of years left with them!

Happy Fathers / Grandfathers day to everyone!

I'M DONE!!!!!!! IT'S OVER
ALL 3 CLASSES ARE SIGNED SEALED AND DELIVERED!!!!

Not much to say cause homework and tests is all I've done!!! Good news! I'm going to get up and do CATHE tomorrow! I'm dying to workout!! Well, that's assuming I can get up! :p

Kim, I'm so glad you're feeling better and I think you should go change it up and take your feet to the pavement!

Cendrine, it's your vacation so I'll work around you. You tell me when you'll be over here verus Hood Canal and I'll make myself available. Are you sure you'll have time to sneak me in? The front end or back end works either way. I'm just excited to get to see you again!

Rachel, I love hearing about all your projects! I have this image of rustic decor and homey comfort ambience with cookies baking! Errr...I mean kale soup! LOL!

Patricia, that stinks you didn't get more of Tim. He is a funny man! You're cracking me up about the garden. Make no mistake DH is more gardeny than me...I just talk about it! LOL!!

I am so happy to be done...I actually had until Thursday to wrap things up but since I'm done today I have two full weeks off. Yippeee!!!

When I was growing up my dad had a floor covering business so I remember my brother and I going to his store when we were little and pushing each other around the store in the big linoleum dollies and eating sugar cubes out of the sugar box! OMG! LOL! He and my mom loved to play cards and I grew up playing cards, any kind of cards, every day! Whenever I go see my mom, we still always play cards! Crazy huh? Anyway, my dad was one of those guys that didn't talk alot but when he did, he really had something to say. One thing I remember was we used to go to the coast (the Oregon coast); we only lived 45 minutes away and would get fresh crab and go sit on draft wood on the beach and eat it. Oh the other thing was we always went for a drive on Sundays after church. Somewhere, anywhere; I've been over every square inch of Oregon and in every little town and over every river and lake and across every mountain! I know there was more to this but that's what came to mind when I read Kim's post suggesting this! Thanks Kim, I hadn't thought about those things in a long time! My dad has been gone for 16 years.

What a great idea Kim...

My Dad was a plumber. He grew up tough. He had to leave school in eighth grade to help take care of his mother and brothers and sisters after his oldest brother went to the Korean war. He worked hard all his life and finally after we were old enough he took classes at the learning annex to get his GED. I am very proud of him for that because even though he was not an "educated man" it showed us that it was important to him. Now he is retired from plumbing, he took a job for the railroad part time picking up the railroad engineers. There is never a dull moment with my Dad. He always has a story to tell and never meets a stranger...I swear every one in the nearest 7 counties knows him.:rolleyes: Just take him somewhere with you. LOL Now I know what my mother was complaining about all those years. haha

OK off to workout. Will check back in later.

Thanks for sharing your memories of your dads!

Yesterday and today, dd and I went for little walk/jog after supper. Each time we did about 30 mins and probably about 2.5 miles. She is a great little runner, she takes about her dad, no body fat and super long legs. She seems so excited to have this time with me, the weather is beautiful and we're exploring new streets. So has been lots of fun. Tonight we did Stretch Max after our run.

How fun to run with your dd!
Dh bought ds a gear bike on fathers day, so now dd is no longer on the bike seat behind me but un the trailerbike on dh's bike and ds is fending for himself. Everyone is happy! LOL!

I'm on the decompression machine right now and forgot to bring my book, so I thought I'd post real quick.

This afternoon is dress rehearsal, dd's teacher is in labor... so I'm not sure if the sub will know the routine, but it will be cute anyway... ;)

Other than that not much going on. I did slow and heavy biceps and triceps this morning. Cardio coach on Monday, still so hard I'm sticking with cc 2 and 3I for now... LOL!

Just a quickie for me too. It is RAINING!!! And yes that is very exciting around here since we have not had a drop in weeks. It also dropped the temps by about 10 degrees so instead of 100's it is the 90's and that is wonderful.
We are still off work since they are having some issues with some sort of residue on the floor at the other job so that is holding things up for them. We are not sure if we are going to go to that job. It is riddled with issues, it seems like.

This week is meso 3 week on the rotation. I have not done any of these since the last time we did STS so I was worried about my strength. Everything was the same except for the incline bb press and the db rows that are turned horizontally. I went down on those but all and all I was pleasantly surprised by everything.

Kim-I bet it is nice to be able to bond with your dd in that way. She seems like a good little fitness buddy.

Cendrine-I hope the dress rehearsals go well with the sub but like you said it will be cute no matter what. It sounds like you are really being able to get back into the workouts too.

Hi Patricia and Jo.

TTYL

Evening All

I've been into work early both days - just so busy - when it rains it pours! And I took off early Monday - My BIL's wife's Mother passed away on Friday so they flew in from Vancouver. We met them for dinner on the other side of town so left early to beat the rush hour traffic then of course a late night. We had some time to kill so popped into a fitness store and bought a 9# body bar that I've been wanting as it was on sale:p It's a little heavier than I wanted and I just completed Kimberly Spreen's Cardio Combat Surge that I wanted it for. She recommends 6-9# and I was worried using the higher end weight but now I'm glad I did. My shoulders will be talking to me tomorrow. Its a functional/leg/ab workout that also lets you get some agression out:p:(

Kim - that sounds like so much fun, running with DD. I bought DS agility discs for soccer thinking we could work out together but he really didn't get into it after the first 2 minutes. All in good time I know!

Jo - CONGRATULATIONS - Now you can take the summer off! Only Cathletes would think it is a reward to workout:p

Cendrine - kids are growing up. Sometimes its not fast enough and then others too fast!

Rachel - don't you just love construction and the unexpected delays. Great job on maintaining your weights - I'm pretty sure I still don't lift as heavy as I could.

Off to bed now

Good Wednesday morning...It's still raining!!! It did not rain the entire day yesterday but it has rained most of the night and it is just so much cooler. I even have my windows open right now. I love it! Of course we have to enjoy it while it lasts because by next week it is going to be close to 100 again but today maybe just high 80's...I know blah blah blah...weather talk.LOL:cool:

This mornings workout is plyo legs so I am kind of stalling a bit just to make sure the granola is where it needs to be before I get started;)
We are still waiting on a decision about work but in the mean time will just try to enjoy the break in the heat and try to get some stuff done around here.

Sorry Patricia for the loss in you family.

It's raining here too Rachael. So I did Intensity instead of running. Enjoy the nice temps while you can!

Patricia, sorry to hear about the loss. Will you be going to the funeral? I'm sure as your ds gets older he will enjoy doing more sports with you.

Cendrine How did the dress rehearsal go? Is the recital on the weekend?

Jo How are the workouts going???

Hi Girls! Well I've been busy doing a lot of nothing but a lot of everything! LOL! Actually, I still haven't tackled the house but am getting caught up on my fitness magazines! LOL! I did Step Moves monday and then yesterday which was a beautiful day here, DH and I took Ibo on a 6 mile walk on the hilly trail. I can feel it in my hams since I haven't been working out! Work suddenly got really busy as we have quite a few people out on vacation!

Patricia, I am sorry about your family loss. Oh gosh, I forgot about Kimberly Spreen! She is one instructor that I like also and wish she would make more workouts! I really like her personality!

Kim, that is wonderful dd enjoys that time with you. You and your DH have sure made sports and fitness a family activity! That is so wonderful!

Cendrine, are you sore at all after the decompression machine or do you feel stretched or what? I'll bet ds loves being on his own bike! You guys too have done a lot with your kids and fitness! You should all be commended for that!

Rachel, I have to chuckle about your rain. I just look forward to a sunbreak! LOL! So is it humid too? So what did you end up doing today?

Okay, tomorrow I'm going to spinning - I love feeling sore! YAHOOO!!!!

Off to have some dinner!

Good early Thursday morning!
We are going to have some repairs done on the A/C unit today so I got up extra early because I think they will be here early to beat the heat. I am not looking forward to the air being off so I hope it is quick.

I am super sore from plyo legs yesterday. Today is meso 3 bis tris and I think shoulders then the no equip abs. So I better get to it...There should be plenty of time to be sitting doing nothing while they are working so I will be back later.;)

Well after waiting till the morning was over (since that is when the a/c guy was supposed to be here) I called them and the guy said someone was going to call before they came and then a few hrs later someone called and asked if they could reschedule for tomorrow.:mad::rolleyes: Good thing we did not take off work for this. Although we had nothing to do it still is annoying to wait all day and anticipate and then nothing happens.lol

Well since it is a double post for me, I will make it a quickie. Pretty much have laid on the couch and read for most of the afternoon. Now I am trying to rouse myself into doing something but have no idea what.:p So with that said maybe just more reading...lol TTYL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.