>---*** STS 6 Month Alumni Easter Week of April 24 ***---<

Hope you are all having a fun day with baskets and eggs! I gave Ibo a stuff bunny that is already trashed and in the garbage! LOL!

We had a great time last night! (We're back to crappy weather today. :() We went to Seattle to meet our friends and walked Green Lake which is 3 miles around. It was a fabulous evening for a walk, the lake was beautiful and GF and I got caught up on everything! We took Ibo with us and he was extremely happy! Then we went to this whole in the wall Italian restaurant and I had a fabulous salad!

I am getting ready to go do Athletic Step. I wanted to spin this morning but didn't get up (bad girl!). Just got my syllabus's for all my new classes and have been reviewing them. Hope I didn't bite off too much - but there's no stopping me now! Since we got all the house cleaning done yesterday, DH and I are going to go do something this afternoon but haven't decided what.

Hope you all have a great day!

Quick post for me. I'm not feeling very well, sore throat/headachy. Kids did easter egg hunt/baskets this morning. Then church was really long but beautifully done. Getting some lunch and quick housecleaning as company is coming at 3 pm. I really don't feel up to doing a sit down dinner for 12 but my sisters will help lots. (or at least one will:rolleyes:)

DS and I did a hour long bike ride yesterday exploring the new neighbour. (instead of the tm run) My legs are feeling it today. I was planning on doing Cardio & Weights today but now not sure how I'll fit it into the day. Didn't want to do it early incase the kids woke up, I didn't want to miss the easter egg hunt. I guess I'll see how early everyone leaves tonight and how I'm feeling.

LOL, on the stuffed rabbit Jo! Hope you and DH find something fun to do as it's going to be busy for you with all the coursework!

Happy belated easter! The kids have way too much candy! Good thing I don’t like their candy... LOL!

I did high step challenge on Saturday and am feeling it in my legs and upper body... but it felt so good! Then today I did Low Max, which so burned my legs!

I had a busy weekend so I'll try to catch up later!

Last edited:
Hello Monday!!! We had friends over last night for Easter dinner which was nice but I ate a huge piece of blackberry pie with cherry-blackberry ice cream!!! YUM!

Kim, I hope you're feeling better today but you had the sounds of something coming on. Did dinner go okay?

Cendrine, I figured you were having a busy day yesterday too.

Rachel, are you back at work today?

Off I go! Have a great day!

Ok, I have to say we explored the neighbourhood not the neighbour:eek:

I did do Cardio and Weights at 8:30 pm last night after everyone left. It felt great as I was doing it after so much sitting/eating but I really felt my head cold afterwards.

So glad that today's a holiday. I did RS, a few errands, swept the garage and now I'm going to nap in front of the tv.:D

I was hoping that Cathe would release details of her new workouts in her newsletter today but not till Friday and facebook fans can start to preorder Saturday. She sure is doing things quickly this time.

Sounds like everyone had a fun, busy Easter weekend! Is Easter Monday a holiday down there as well???

Just a quick post for me to say I"M ALIVE! but...we are having some really bad weather right now so I am going to have to get caught up tomorrow. We had a great weekend and We were gone all day yesterday for Easter so that is why no checkin. But right now we are having some tornadoes in a nearby town so gonna go and keep my eye on the weather...TTYT

I got my Kindle! That was fast! Okay, I'm playing with it but don't feel so well so not having lots of patience to read the guide book. Is there a place to get free books?

Kim If you got the same one that I got you should be able to got to the kindle store and when you select kindles top 100, go to the top right hand corner and it will be an option for kindles top 1oo free. Select that and those are all free. When you have the option to get it it says buy but don't worry, it is free. Just select buy and it is yours.

OK I wanted to post that just in case you were hanging out online while you were messing around with your kindle.

OK so we were on our way home from work and it have been stormy looking all day but no storms. There is a tornado siren thing that we pass on the way home and I know they test it sometimes and since I don't live near it I don't know when that is. Well we heard it going off on the way home and since I didn't see any real signs of a tornado, I thought they were just testing it. We got home and it was the real deal. :eek: We were none the wiser since there was no rain or hail or anything that normally precedes a tornado. I think that it was not actually right near us but that one was on the ground in another near by town and they were just sort of being on the safe side. I guess I will take that thing more seriously next though.:eek:

We had a packed weekend.
Yesterday it was all day at my MIL's. She mad this thing I call the ugly cake. It is so stinking good that I could not pass it up. Maybe you know it Cendrine...I think it is called kvæfjord kake or verdens beste...it is a meringue cake with a bavarian creme filling. She made a strawberry creme. Ohhh it was so good. I just love it.:eek: LOL
That made plyo legs extra special this morning.;)

We are still under storm watches tonight so I am going to get off of here so dh will get a chance to check his email.

TTYT

YEAH Kim! Just wait Jo is going to have so many better suggestions than I can give you.
It looks like we are in for another round of bad weather tonight. They are predicting night time tornadoes.:eek: Why does that sort of weather always have to happen when it is dark?:confused::rolleyes: Just keeping our fingers crossed that we get some rain with out the hail. We got lucky last night. It stormed horribly all around us but we just got big wind.

This mornings workout was IMAX 2...your fave Kim;) I did pretty darn good this morning. I impressed myself getting in a lot more of those plie squats at the end than I normally do...at least the best version of a plie squat I can do by that time.LOL

Kim, I hope you are feeling better.
Cendrine, Did I miss something ...are you doing some sort of rotation or are your just picking random workouts?
Jo, Yummo on that pie and ice cream...I am sure it was worth every bite...Just like the ugly cake was for me!;)

Wow, Rachel, having storms like that would leave me rather unslettled! I don't suppose you ever get used to that, huh? My mom keeps reminding me that we are in earthquake country... we have been lucky, I've been here for 13 years and no bad ones to date! All areas have their issues, don't they? there is no such thing as a safe place, really. I hope you got the rain!

Kim, how fun that you have a Kindle! and are addicted to it already... LOL!

Jo, I know, I won't be far behind, I don't think...;)

No workout today, but yesterday's lowmax was really fun. I think I will do LIC tomorrow. I'm not on a rotation, just kind of picking what I feel like right now.

Hi Everyone! On a whim, since I'm off from school this week, I decided to come see mom! So I rearranged my work schedule and I'm at mom's! I got here about 4:00 and then haven't been able to get online until just a little bit ago and have some work to do so just a short post for now - I'll get more caught up tomorrow!

KIM!!! YAHOOOO!!! I'll knew you'd love it!!! I have mine sitting right next to me! So I've had mine for about 2 1/2 years and honestly, I have used it every single day since I got it. This is probably one of the best things I've ever purchased for myself! I'll help you with free book places tomorrow.

RACHEL!!! BE SAFE!!! I was thinking the same thing as Cendrine, we've all got something but please BE SAFE!!! Like Cendrine, we have earthquakes and we do get those horrible wind storms but not like a tornado.

CENDRINE!!! Get a KINDLE!!! LOL! Okay, fess up...are you staying away from that easter candy? I'm so excited - doesn't the presale start this next weekend? I was wondering if you're getting psyched about it? I'm excited for the low impact and especially for the spinning workout!

Okay, back to my mom - she is so excited I came down and we're sitting around in our jammies right now. I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

sounds like a fun break, Jo! I hope you get to really relax and rest! and yes, I'm doing pretty well staying away from the easter candy.... LOL! It's the brownies I'm having trouble with...LOL :eek:

I did do LIC today and really enjoyed it. Cathe just brings something to workouts no one else I've tried does. there is something about her personality that just makes you feel good ;)

Kim, I bet you are still exploring your Kindle and all it can do?
When I finally get around to getting one, you guys will all be my tech support! LOL!

Rachel, I hope no more storms for you for a while!

Well We had a very interesting night. I was so stormy around here that there was no regular programming on the local channels all night. It was weather. There were tornadoes all around us. All of our family was calling us and telling us there were ones headed right for us and we were watching the news and we would luckily just sort of be sandwiched in the middle of all these violent hail and wind and tornadoes. It is weird. I am not one that gets too nervous about storms. Last night I was fine. I even feel asleep and then my MIL calls and said that a tornado was on the ground about 30 min. west of us and was coming our way. So I turn the news back on and they said our road name. Mind you, the name of our road is not that common. So then I got a little nervous, got up and got dressed and ready and then I noticed that they were talking about Louisianna.:rolleyes: But we were very lucky and I am greatful.

I didn't get a workout because I guess with all the excitement I forgot to set the alarm.:rolleyes: So I will just pick up where I left off tomorrow.

Jo- Fun road trip to moms. I bet your mom was glad to see you!

Cendrine-I agree Cathe just brings such a fun factor. Not to mention how good all her cues are. I need all those cues.;)

Kim-I guess you are Knee deep in your kindle! What was your first book?

I think I am off to read a little. Hope yall have a great night.

I am having a terrible time with access and trying to stay connected. I'm going to go home tomorrow so for sure will be back to chat!

Rachel, please let us know that you are okay! I saw the pictures of those storms in Alabama and I know that's away from you but my goodness I can't believe what's going on in the south!

Having a good time - saw my sister yesterday for lunch and then brother later for coffee. Had coffee with mom's neighbors this morning (a daily event) and we're getting ready to go do errands.

Cendrine, brownies can be very tempting, I know!

Oh and guess what - it snowed at my house last night!!! WHAT? Yes, unbelievable!

Hi Kim! TTLY!

Wow, Jo, snow in April? I guess April is supposed to have crazy weather... but I thought it usually was rain...

Rachel, wondering how you are too! If the tornado ever did come close, what would you do? Do you have a storm cellar? I've never been in such a situation and would be rather freaked out I think!

Hi Kim, hopefully your weather is not so crazy!!

I did Rhythmic Step today with all low impact modifications and just loved it! I did it on an 8 inch step to make up for some of the lack of high impact. Such a fun workout!

Thanks for your concerns...We are fine. Just like TX weather it was just the most beautiful day today.:rolleyes: Go figure.

I got in High Reps this morning even with out much sleep so I was happy with that but now I am pooped from a late night last night.

Cendrine-We do not have a storm cellar. Most people around here do not but dh's dad has a basement which is not too common around here either so if we had plenty of warning we would probably go there but if we were forced to take cover quickly, you are supposed to go to an interior room in your house. Seeing the destruction of the tornadoes in AL though makes me think twice about that.:confused:

Jo-I am so glad you are having a good time! And aren't you glad you missed the snow...:p

Well my body is tight from being bent over all day so I am going to go do some stretching to work out the kinks. Have a great night.

Quick post from me. Glad you're safe Rachael.

I don't even know what to tell you about the last couple of days. The sentence hearing was yesterday which to tell a very long story short was postponed because of legal arguments. I did not go but 2 of my fellow jurors went and the victim's family (her parents) extended a invitation to the jury that they really wanted to meet us/thank us.
So last night I went to meet them. It was very emotional, wonderful and some good closure. We stayed almost 3 hours! They are amazing people who have had quite the journey and have many stories to tell.
I still have a cold and haven't really slept much the last 2 nights, the first because I was worried about the hearing and last night trying to process all the new info.

BTW, we're supposed to get snow this weekend too. Tomorrow is the last of our schedule parties, a group of friends from high school. I'm looking forward to it but just feeling emotionally/physically exhausted at the moment. Trying to get food/house ready tonight as they will come over after work tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.