STS 6 month alumni august 21st

cendrine

Cathlete
Field trip was a hot one... but we came home with three yummy watermelons and some organic romaine from the stand because I forgot to pick up some when I got the groceries on friday... ;)
LIC was awesome, but I was shocked to see that my heartrate got in the red during the blasts! Im definitely not where I used to be... my resting hr was 62a this morning, it used to be 47.... something to work back up to... :eek:

Yummy kale salad's waiting at home for dinner and then off to a daisy essentials class....
How is everyone?

Yum Kale salads! I have not ever done that before. Might have to try it.

Not too much going on around here. Heat and more heat.
Well I say not too much but alot of yoga and working out to keep me sane. I think this yoga thing is really helping me to not concentrate on the things I can not change and more on the things I can.
This mornings class was enlightening. The instructor told us that her son was entering the fifth grade and that she knew he needed a haircut but had put it off and decided this morning, as they were walking out the door, that he needed it right then. Maybe not the best time to try your hand at trimming hair. LOL So this mornings class was about accountability and that maybe for her it was the fact that maybe it was not her 10 year olds fault that he was throwing such a fit about having his hair cut 10 minutes before the first day of school. :rolleyes:
Anyhow I thought that was a good lesson to take away although I will of course apply it somewhere else.

This mornings other workout was 30/30. I am trying to engage my bhandas ..i.e. the pelvic floor in my case and that in turn is helping with keeping my core engaged...that is another bhanda and engaging the first is helping with the latter...So we will see where this progression goes. So far so good.

I hope all is well with everyone.

TTYT

Didn't see the thread. Just started another one.
Nothing much from me. I survived the birthday party sleepover but haven't slept well the last couple of nights so no workout.

The kids were home alone during the day (while DH and I were at work) so I want to spend time with them when I come home rather than working out in the basement. We did do a long family walk.

Sounds like a yummy field trip!

Quickie for me. You will not believe that I hit the ground running at 3:30 this morning and am still hyped on some sort of weird energy. LOL

So it was the last Ashtanga class with this instructor this morning before she leaves for Mexico for a month! She is a great teacher and a real inspiration. It's weird I am 34 yrs old and am starting to feel an awareness about myself and the world that I don't think I ever have before...Interesting day.

Anyhoo too heavy for me...:p I did LBB this morning but did not have time for the bar bonus work so I will either do it tonight sometime or just skip it. :D:p

Kim-You might have already said this but when do the kids go back to school?

OK off to check my granola...Have a great day!TTYL

Sorry, I haven't been around much the last couple of days. For some reason I've just been really tired and super lazy in the evenings. The busy weekend wiped me out and I've been eating horribly which really doesn't help. I have one more day at work and then we are heading down to Minneapolis for a fun weekend which I'm really looking forward to. I think I need the relaxation. Will be home Sunday but very late.
The kids go back to school after Labour Day weekend, two weeks today! We have one weekend in the USA, a few days home/work then off to the cabin for the Labour day weekend and then back to school/work. I think the kids are ready for school. DS is nervous about starting high school!

I wished I had some of your energy Rachael! 3:30:confused::confused:

The weather reached 100F here today!! Quite the record for us.

OMG Kim...See now that to me is more crazy than us having 100 degree weather. I am sure that broke all sorts of records.
You are probably right...you just need to get away and recharge your batteries and take the pressure off yourself for not working out as much as you think you need to. You will get your energy back...Don't forget how much the weather can effect you...100 DEGREES in Canada!

DH went to hang out with a friend last night and decided he had a little too much to drink so decided to stay the night. So here I am this morning alone and I can work out as loud as I want LOL:D:D:D:cool: That never happens. So I am off to do some Low Max...wish me luck after yesterdays LBB!

TTYL

I did low impact step yesterday and am feeling sore, so am just doing abs today and stretches. I better take this exercise thing slow and maybe only work out every other day.

Lol about working out quietly without dh home, Rachel! The kale salad is really easy, I cut a big bunch of the flat leaf kale into thin strips, then add a chopped apple, a green onion, raisins, cranberries and some olive oil ans 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice and let the lemon juice soften everything up for a few hours or overnight then before serving I add an avocado and some pine nuts. Add salt as desired.

Kim, isn't it to amazing how summer swinngs by and we find we did not get as much rest as we wanted and now its back to normal again... I hope you can carve out some alone time and then enjoy the weekend trip!

Off to go stretch to get rid of some of this soreness.

Just a quick good bye post. I'm really excited about our weekend in the States.
Rachael, you are so right that the heat sure takes the energy out of you! Quite a drop in the temperature today. I can't imagine have the heat everyday!
How are those legs feeling about LowMax/LLB??

Cendrine, how great that you made it through LIS! I'm assuming that you are have some good muscle soreness not pain??

Have a great few days!

Good Friday. Off to yoga here in a minute but wanted to drop yall a line first.

I think it might just be you and I for the weekend, Cendrine.:D
I have to say I am missing Jo. I know she is super busy with a new job and school but I do miss her energy and all those pop ins during the days she was super excited about something.
I know she will get back to us when she can.

Todays morning workout was supposed to be Step Max. I guess this might be a compilation I don't have. I tried to figure it out by looking at the dvd's for sale but nothing really came up so I did Athletic Step instead. No off for some stretching relaxing yoga.
Last class with the best teacher at the studio...for a month. :( That being said though I am sure she will come back even better.

Have a great Friday!

TTYL

Good Saturday Mornin'...

Hope all is well with everyone. Just a quick post for me while I try to pump myself up for a little SJP. :rolleyes:I am not feeling it yet but am hoping once I get in there everything will come together. LOL

Other than that just watching the coverage of the hurricane. So many people will be effected by this one. I hope it moves quickly.

So hope yall are all having nicer weather than us.;) TTYL

Sitting in the hotel room in Minnepolis, DH has the kids at the pool.
We drove down Friday, spent the evening at the outlet mall. Saturday we went to Valleyfair (water/amusement park), today we spent the day at the Mall of America.
There is nothing like eating in restaurants for 3 days to get me craving healthy food! Spent lots of money and ate way too much. Got a light for my Kindle and a cover for dd's at Target. Bought some clothes at the outlet mall and some home decor stuff for the new house at IKEA.

Rachael are you feeling the effects of the hurricane? Isn't that on the east coast?

Tomorrow we will drive home about 6.5-7 hours but will make a few stops. I want to stop in at Kohl's and maybe Menards.

Something weird is going on with my forum access. I've been trying to post every day and it just freezes up before I'm done typing and then I loose the post...

We went on a 10 mile bikeride and then went to a new beach we haven't tried before. It was a very pretty beach with caves and tidepools.

I kept getting frozen up on my phone for typing, so I finally have some time on the computer! Anyway, the walk from parking to the beach was about 1 mile, then from there to where we went to have lunch was another one and back again and then up... so the kids got quite worked out... ;) They made a really cute sandcastle with a moat and got to go and look at the hermit crabs and sea anemonies and little crabs and seasnails and such in the tide pools. It was a lot of fun but I got hit with a migraine, with nothing to take, so I was rather wiped when we got home and slept a long time.

School by the way is going well. dd decided she wanted to learn cursive :eek: because she saw ds do it. So I finally decided to let her and she is doing a really good job... ;) she is also using ds' typing program (4 words per minute):D and loving it. Nothing like a little big brother competition to get her motivated... LOL!

My back is getting better too! The chiro is working on my IT band and the soaz, if that is in fact how you spell it, apparently they are both really really tight and I am feeling much better already. His explanation of why I should do back extensions even though my other chiro and the PT say not to, made sense to me and also the fact that I have been doing them for two weeks now and not gotten worse, convinced me that it is a good thing... whew, I was a bit scared at first.

Today is a much needed down day. I have to start looking into planning ds' birthday party, but I also saw my best friend this week and she gave me a bag full of great books, so I will be busy doing some reading for myself, for a change (all done prereading school books, which were great too, but not 'grown up' books)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.