STS 3.5 SUMMER LADIES:7/5-7/11

drover

Cathlete
HI MELISSA & BOBBY, well another week and can you believe it is the last week of meso 1. it has gone so fast. i did disc 10 today, and ya'll better be ready. i do not remember m1 being so hard. this one is a killer. i was sitting in church after the workout in pain, trying to listen to the sermon. LOL! so, ya'll have fun.

i hope you had a wonderful week off, melissa. where do you work? i work part time, very part time :) at my equine vet. it is rather miserable right now, being so hot. i had sweat runnin' in my eyes this evening while i was working. YUCK! it is 8pm and a lovely 98'.

so, anyone else wanna check in w/us this week? :)
cathy

CATHY! Yes, I am back and it was nice to stay at home, away from work for a week. I work at an airport. I am alone in the office most days which is FINE BY ME. Very quiet and very nice.
We are on tap for Disc 10 tonight. Yesterday was RS and we sweated like crazy! :) You are too funny regarding the sitting through church in pain! :) Hard to pay attention when your body is screaming, eh?!
I am sitting here at my desk with jeans on which a year ago were snug and now they are hanging off me. They seriously look like pajama bottoms! LOL.
Your part time job sounds fun! Hope the weather in your area cools down! That is TOO hot!

that is way cool about your jeans. i did a cardio/interval workout this am. are you familiar w/tracie long? she was w/the firm many years ago. anyway, one of her workouts w/jen carman leading (who was also w/the firm) . they are excellent workouts. cardio w/a med ball, lite wts w/ lunges, squats. lots of core work. i love them. got a good 55m. workout.
i hope tomorrow is disc 11 for me. well, it is only 95 today. way better than 105, but still rather unpleasant. :)
see ya, cathy

Hey Cathy, well I haven't done the workout yet...waiting on DH. (insert picture of twiddling thumbs here). The good thing is, by the time we get to it, it will be cooler. :)

I have heard of Tracie Long, but I haven't done any workouts with her. I am so hooked on Cathe, that I have shoved aside all of my other workout tapes/DVDs. I am so looking forward to the STS Cardio...I am wanting them now! :) Under an hour workouts are fabulous!

It sounds like your weather is getting a little better down there. DANG! You must be one tough cookie...If it gets into the high 80's here, my whiny voice takes over! Last night, Zeus our baby, slept right in front of our window unit. I called him the A/C hog and told him to share! :)
Have a good night...see you in the morning. :)

LOL! yeah, but i can't take those winters up there. and , oh it is not over. it will be back in the 100's tomorrow or the next day. it is trying really hard to rain, but don't know if it is gonna.

i'm not getting STS cardio. don't think my old feet could take it. i can't do cathe every day. she is too hard on my old bones. and, i like my firm's and tracie's. those are all i have besides cathe. i love the box work that the firm does, too. tall box climb is part of some of their cardio work, and i love it.
have fun working out.
cathy

Good Morning! Well, Disc 10 is under our belts! The pushups, as usual, were a killer but other than that, everything went well. Tonight is Imax2 and medball abs. I LOVE Medicine Ball Abs! I really could do it every day! :) Hope you have a wonderful day!

yes, have i mentioned that i HATE pushups???? my chest was so sore. and today i did 11 and tomorrow i probably will not be able to saddle my horse. my tri's were screaming!! BEWARE! it is a toughie!!!!!!! ONLY ONE MORE AND THEN REST WEEK!!! yaa! so, what are we gonna do for rest week? any ideas? i may be working out in the heat, so i may be too dead to do anything.

we did get a little bit of rain. 1/2", which is not much, but better tahn nothin'.
where do you live again? i forgot.
ttyl
cathy

Hey chickie! Good to see that you survived! We have found that doing this the second time around we didn't accurately remember exactly how many pushups we did during Meso 1. Good LORD! ;)

We usually take a couple of days to rest during the rest week, but by the end of two days we are hitting cardio again. It is a weird guilt trip thing we have created for ourselves! :)

Glad to hear you had a little itty bit of rain! We live in Southern Utah and it is hot and windy today! GAG! :) Have a good evening!

Good morning Cathy! Well, last night was IMAX 2 and med ball abs (which I love). I am a tad sore this morning but it is definitely a good sore. :) Tonight is Disc 11 and I am looking forward to weight work. Cardio is very hard to do when it is hot. :) Well I better scoot; I have a busy morning. Have a great day and hopefully it will cool down a little for you! :)

howdy! woowee! I AM SORE! and i am exhausted for some reason. i can barely move this morning. and i really want to do a cardio today. will see how the day goes.

and it will cool down in about october. :) and, we may even get some rain. but, ya never know down here. hmmm, southern utah? is it dry and hot there? and, are there mountains or is it flat? don't know anything about utah. i have been to colorado, but that is all up there in that part of the country.

well, hope i survive today and hope ya'll survive disc 11.
cathy

Hey Cathy, sorry to hear that you are exhausted. I have been rather tired lately, but I think that has to do with all of the summer chores. I wish summer was shorter! LOL

Southern Utah is very similar to the weather in Ft. Collins, Colorado (I don't know if you ever made it there). We have four seasons (including my faves fall and winter). There are mountains right behind my house. We are known for the red rock mountains covered with trees. If you have seen pictures of Zion National Park, it is only about an hour from my house. I am a native of Colorado and miss it but it is so expensive there now, that I will probably never reside there again.
Well...toodles for now! :)

Good Morning on this fine Friday eve! Well tonight is cardio and tomorrow is a day off! WHOOHOOO! Disc 11 was tough last night, but we survived. :) My favorite (legs) is set for Saturday. I really like the plate work; I know weird!

Hope you have a fabulous day! :)

hey melissa and bobby, well, i felt better today and i did disc 12, and i think i went to heavy on deadlifts. my lower back was in quite a bit of pain, so i only went 44# on the 2nd set. but, for some reason i just don't feel like i had a good workout, part of it was cuz i had help from my 2yr old grandson and 4 yr old granddaughter the last 20m.:) so, i kinda feel like i oughta do it again. if i have the time and energy i may do it again this weekend, since next week is off week.
annnd, in the news it is still in the 100's here.:(
i can't believe it is friday tomorrow. gonna try and do an hour cardio in the am. then, go see my grandkids tomorrow.
so, i may not get on here tomorrow, pretty busy when i'm with the grandkids.
cathy

Hey Cathy! Take care of yourself! Grandkid time sounds like a more fun time than working out anyway!

We did Lowmax last night and today is an off day. Yesterday I was quite tired and glad when we finished. We have 12 on Saturday and some kind of cardio on Sunday. Not sure what we will be doing on our "off week" but I am sure we will be doing SOMETHING! The last time we had an off week, we played with the dogs alot, but it is just too hot for us and them. We have been waiting until close to 6 pm to play ball with them, because they get too hot.
Bobby has the day off today but he has to do the lawn mowing...I will help him with the watering when I get home.
Nothing else is new.
Well, I better scoot! TGIF!

well, we don't have to worry about mowing the lawn, cuz we don't have any. it is all brown and crunchy.

whew! did total body time crunch this am, then went and helped my dil clean most of the day, then swam w/the grandkids in the afternoon, then came home and put up the chickens and fed critters, and picked up the very large covering tha i parked my truck under, until the wind blew it upside down on top of my neice's car. i could not believe it. it is hugh. we have no rain, but obviously a rather large wind, and still over 100' temps. anyway, that was my friday, and the grandkids will be here tomorrow to spend the nite, so, another busy day tomorrow.
cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.